Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Thauros posted:

I almost forgot myself but DOA's in a half hour, looks like a fun show. Last year's was def my favorite DG card.

It's tomorrow.

Still, get hype, show's gonna rule.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Dimebags Brain posted:

It's tomorrow.

Still, get hype, show's gonna rule.

that sucks, I'm off Mondays.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

If I buy DOA on Niconico can I watch it later?

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

RaceyBucket posted:

If I buy DOA on Niconico can I watch it later?

You can VOD it. Niconico is kind of weird, when you start your "timeshift" you have 24 hours to watch it.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
So I meant to do a crazy post catching folks up to dead or alive but real life got in the way. This card could be show of the year (yeah I know WK9 was great and I'm a DG partisan). I'm even excited about a Cyber Kong title defense! I did get a graphic done for the pending KING OF GATE tournament which starts in a few days. I think all the champs retain tonight and someone like Yoshino wins KING OF GATE and sets up a title match at Kobe World. If Tozawa drops the Brave Gate, I'd really love to see him win KING OF GATE and take the belt from Hulk.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Kind of weird that CIMA/Doi is a first round match, but it makes sense if they're only fighting because they were seeded that way, then they can build to a grudge match later.

There's some potential for great stuff in there, like Tozawa/Takagi, and if Hulk beats Saito (likely) I'm cool with whichever of those two he faces in the next round.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

NotQuiteQuentin posted:

So I meant to do a crazy post catching folks up to dead or alive but real life got in the way.

I did a thing for reddit. It being reddit, I wrote it for complete Dragon Gate newbies, let me know what I got wrong:

me posted:

The show airs Tuesday starting at 3am EST / 8am BST

Let's start with the technical stuff first. Dragon Gate's Korakuen shows and their periodic big shows elsewhere can be found at the streaming service NicoNico. .

Alright, with that out of the way, what is Dragon Gate? Basically it's the current number 2 promotion in Japan. Dragon Gate has it's roots as Toryumon Japan, and traces back to Ultimo Dragon's dojo. The style reflects the mix of lucha and cruiserweights, with most of the guys on the roster being relatively small (and good looking) compared to other major companies. The matches focus on flashy submissions and faster high-flying moves.

Dragon Gate is also VERY faction heavy. Every single regular roster member is either in a faction or searching for a faction to be in. Faction warfare is a major part of Dragon Gate's booking, and as such, tag team and multiman wrestling has become the staple of Dragon Gate's style. You won't find a better tag or trios division anywhere else in wrestling. Dragon Gate also has a reputation for giant clusterfuck matches, with their signature match being the 4-way Trios match .

Anyways, enough introduction, let's take a look at the card for DEAD OR ALIVE 2015!

Jimmy Kanda, Mr. Quu Quu Tanizaki Naoki Toyonaka Dolphin, Super Shisa vs. K-ness, Mondai Ryu, Punch Tominaga
Yosuke♡Santa Maria, El Lindaman vs. Kenichiro Arai, "Hollywood" Stalker Ichikawa
Open the Dream Gate Championship Match: BxB Hulk vs. Cyber Kong
Open the Twin Gate Championship Match: Masato Yoshino, Shachihoko BOY vs. Masaaki Mochizuki, Big R Shimizu
Open the Triangle Gate 3 Way Championship Match: Jimmy Susumu, Genki Horiguchi H.A.Gee.Mee!!, Jimmy Kagetora vs. Flamita, U-T, Kotoka vs. Naruki Doi, Don Fujii, Gamma
Open the Brave Gate Championship Match: Akira Tozawa vs. Dragon Kid
Mask vs. Hair Steel Cage Survival Double Risk 6 Way Match: T-Hawk (Naruki Doi & Masato Yoshino) vs. CIMA (Flamita) vs. Shingo Takagi (BxB Hulk) vs. Kzy (Akira Tozawa) vs. YAMATO (Masaaki Mochizuki) vs. Ryo "Jimmy" Saito (Dragon Kid)

YIKES! That's a lot of weird names, terms, and match types. Don't worry, I'm here to help you with it. To ease your mind, the first two matches are basically nothing pre-show matches meant to warm up the crowd, and the presence of both Santa Maria and Stalker means that the second match will definitely be a comedy match. Anyways, first off we should cover the all important factions of Dragon Gate.

Dia.Hearts: (Silver and Gold) Dia.Hearts is currently the top face faction, co-founded by current Dream Gate champion BxB Hulk and veteran Masaaki Mochizuki over their shared love of pants and kicking people in the head. Rounding out the roster are Dragon Kid, Big R Shimizu, and Kzy. Their current gimmick is basically be like BxB Hulk.

Monster Express: (Orange and Purple) The face team for all the cool kids. Monster Express was formed by a bunch of best friends who were tired of all the betrayals and swerves they had to put up with in other factions. They don't really have a leader, but do have some of Dragon Gate's most prominant stars in Akira Tozawa, Shingo Takagi, and Masato Yoshino. Shachioki BOY is also a member and Yoshino's best friend. ME's roster has been thinned recently by two former members, Ricochet and Uhaa Nation, being AWOL or having left the company.

Jimmyz: (No colors but they use lots of eyeglasses symbols) The Jimmyz are kind of hard to explain and going into their full lineage would take loving forever. At its core, Jimmyz is a team of outcasts and guys who got kicked out of their old factions, some of them having lost their original names. Hence, this is a team full of weird names and guys named Jimmy. Roster members include de facto leader Jimmy Susumu, as well as Jimmy Kagetora, Jimmy Kanda, Ryo "Jimmy" Saito, Genki Horiguchi H.A.Gee.Mee!!, and Mr. Quu Quu Tanizaki Naoki Toyonaka Dolphin.

Millenials: (Red, White, and Green) An exclusive club open only to those wrestlers born in 1990 or after. Founded by wrestlers T-Hawk and Eita after an extended tour of Mexico, they wanted to kick all of the old people out of the main event and restore the honor of lucha to Dragon Gate. This is the current faction containing a lot of Dragon Gate's future generation of main event talent. Their current biggest victory was forcing We Are Team Veteran (a team of veterans, duh) to disband last year. Current guys rounding out the Millenials roster include Flamita, U-T, Yosuke♡Santa Maria, Kotoka, and El Lindaman.

Mad Blankey: (Black and Yellow) Dragon Gate's predominant heel faction. Formed in 2011 out of the ashes of the Blood Warriors faction by BxB Hulk and Akira Tozawa, Mad Blankey is now lead by YAMATO and Naruki Doi. These guys are assholes and revel in being assholes. They will cheat often, and they will cheat blatantly, and they're fans of ganging up on vulnerable faces. After We Are Team Veteran was forced to disband, several of the more heelish veterans, lead by CIMA, joined with Mad Blankey to continue their war with the upstart Millenials. Currently the largest roster in Dragon Gate, in addition to Yamato, Doi, and CIMA, Mad Blankey also boasts members Cyber Kong, Mondai Ryu, Punch Tominaga, Gamma, K-Ness, and Don Fuji.

Woo, that's a lot to digest, but we still got a ways to go before we're done. Let's go over those title matches.

Open the Dream Gate Championship Match - BxB Hulk vs. Cyber Kong:The Open The Dream Gate Championship is Dragon Gate's top singles title, and the current champ is BxB Hulk. Despite looking like a J-pop star, Hulk is an awesome wrestler whose offense is based around kicking people in the head. At last year's Dead or Alive, Hulk turned face after years of being a heel and left Mad Blankey. He then feuded with the entire Mad Blankey stable, in the process defeating YAMATO for the Dream Gate and winning his first singles title of his decade long career. Like any valiant idiot face, Hulk accepted handicap match after handicap match. Unlike John Cena however, he got his rear end kicked each time, and he finally joined up with Masaaki Mochizuki and Dragon Kid and formed the Dia.Hearts faction in order to even the odds. He's currently in the midst of a very impressive run, having put on amazing MOTY candidates with the likes of Akira Tozawa, Shingo Takagi, Jimmy Susumu , and Uhaa Nation, with this being his seventh defense of the title. Cyber Kong is Mad Blankey's hoss. He's there to hit power moves and be cool. Great cardio for a fat dude too. He's Dragon Gate's longest running heel, having joined Blood Warrios way back in 2011, and having never turned in that period. Cyber Kong is great in tags and multi-mans, where he can come in and do his power moves, hit his spots, and then let YAMATO or whoever do the heavy lifting in the match. His singles career is less impressive, having had a title match with CIMA years back that was so terrible that it never aired. He's improved considerably since then but he's still not a singles guy. In addition, he also had a match with BxB Hulk for the Dream Gate last year, and it was definitely the weakest match of Hulk's title reign. This'll be good, but not MOTY good like Hulk's last four title defenses.

Open the Twin Gate Championship Match - Masato Yoshino and Shachihoko BOY vs. Masaaki Mochizuki and Big R Shimizu: Amigos Tag vs Dia.Hearts! Masato Yoshino is one of Dragon Gate's biggest stars, having held every DG title multiple times. This is his third run as tag champ with his long time buddy Shachihoko BOY. Shachi is a lovable underdog and expect him to bring the crowd to their feet with his valiant babyface efforts. Mochizuki is one of Dragon Gate's longest tenured stars, having been with the company since its Toryumon days. He's an excellent wrestler and despite being 45, still has it in the ring. Big R is the resident hoss of Dia.Hearts. A former football player, Big R has a lot of explosive power and speed, and it should be fun to watch him steamroll Shachi. He's been booked like a killer since joining Dia.Hearts and his finisher, the Shot Put Slam (A choke slam), is probably the most protected move in the company.

Open the Triangle Gate 3 Way Championship Match - Jimmy Susumu, Genki Horiguchi H.A.Gee.Mee!!, and Jimmy Kagetora vs. Flamita, U-T, and Kotoka vs. Naruki Doi, Don Fujii, and Gamma: A three way elimination match for the trios title. A lot of great wrestlers in this match (as well as Kotoka and Gamma), don't expect a lot of story telling or dramatic psychology in this match. It's going to be a fast paced spotfest. Look for Kagetora and Flamita to steal the show in this one.

Open the Brave Gate Championship Match - Akira Tozawa vs. Dragon Kid: The Brave Gate is Dragon Gate's secondary singles title, and it tends to be the flippier of the two title belts. Tozawa is one of the most charismatic and immediately likeable guys in wrestling, and his connection with Dragon Gate crowds is basically unmatched. He's been a fixture of Dragon Gate's main event scene since returning from an American excursion back in 2011/ He won the Brave Gate off of Kzy in February for his first singles title, and he defended it last month in an excellent match against Flamita. Dragon Kid is an original Ultimo Dragon trainee, and has been with the company since the start. One of the best high flyers in the world, expect nothing less than an excellent match from these two.

Wow, lots to digest just in these title matches alone. And we haven't even gotten to the main event yet!

Let's take a look at the final match and try to make sense of it all.

Mask vs. Hair Steel Cage Survival Double Risk 6 Way Match: T-Hawk (Naruki Doi & Masato Yoshino) vs. CIMA (Flamita) vs. Shingo Takagi (BxB Hulk) vs. Kzy (Akira Tozawa) vs. YAMATO (Masaaki Mochizuki) vs. Ryo "Jimmy" Saito (Dragon Kid)

So what even is this thing? Every year at Dead or Alive, Dragon Gate runs a huge annual 6-way cage match, where the loser loses either their mask or their hair, depending on their mask wearing status. At the top of the cage are five flags. By grabbing a flag you "escape" and the last person remaining is the loser and suffers the consequences. Recently they've been upping the stakes and stipulations of the match. Last year, each entrant in the match was paired with a member of their faction. The paired faction member was the one who would lose their mask/hair instead of the actual entrant. This lead to lots of outside interference and faction shennanigans that made for an incredible clusterfuck of a match.

How'd they up the stakes this year? Well for one, both the entrant and their second will lose their hair/mask. In addition, the delegates were paired with entrants via a "random" lottery, so they aren't even faction members! In addition, the rules have been slightly changed:

The final competitor remaining in the cage will lose their hair. Delegates in parentheses will also lose their hair or mask if their paired competitor loses. While the end goal is to escape via retrieving one of the flags at the top of the cage, a competitor must first score a pinfall or submission inside the cage to free their delegate from their risk.The person who is pinned or gives up isn't eliminated from the match. After the competitor frees their delegate, they may begin to attempt to escape the cage. Via losing the 04/26 6 man tag, T-Hawk must score two falls to free both Doi & Yoshino before he can escape. In the event that he only scores one fall during the match, Yoshino will be freed from his risk.

Essentially, one must first score a pinfall or submission in order to escape. Once they have done so they can then attempt to escape. If the loser fails to escape but managed to score a pinfall or submission, they will lose their hair/mask, but their delegate will not.

So with that out of the way, let's meet the men who are trapped within this madness!

T-Hawk (Delegates: Naruki Doi and Masato Yoshino): As leader of the Millenials faction, T-Hawk has a natural built-in feud with CIMA, leader of the defunct We Are Team Veteran faction and now leader of the Zombie Veteran wing of Mad Blankey. CIMA still hates T-Hawk for this, and recently T-Hawk has been incredibly smug about several victories he and Kotoka have had over both CIMA and Naruki Doi. Both of these led to CIMA and T-Hawk goading each other into entering this match. In an interesting twist, T-Hawk's delegates are Naruki Doi and Masato Yoshino. Doi and Yoshino used to be in a tag team called Speed Muscle, probably the greatest, most dominat tag team in Dragon Gate history. Several times Doi has turned on Yoshino, ending the team, but their natural chemistry always seems to eventually draw them back to each other. Expect them to work together and use their natural teamwork to protect their hair even if it means screwing over their own faction.

CIMA (Delegate: Flamita): CIMA is Dragon Gate's ace. He's been with them forever, was their huge star who drove business, helped force out Ultimo Dragon, and in general is the companies biggest name. He has been the driving force behind several of the great feuds in Dragon Gate history, as well as the longest reigning Dream Gate champ of all time, holding the title for 574 days between 2011 and 2013, amassing 15 defenses before losing to Shingo Takagi. As leader of Team Veteran he openly welcomed Mad Blankey's recruitment in order to continue his war with the Millenials. Over the past few months he has repeatedly clashed with Naruki Doi over the direction of Mad Blankey, and both have interfered in each others matches or "accidentally" hit each other in matches against T-Hawk and Kotoka, and the tension between the Doi lead parts of Mad Blankey and the Zombie Veteran wing have building to a boiling point, so expect that to come into play in this match. In an ironic twist, CIMA's delegate is [Flamita], one of T-Hawk's fellow Millenials. Flamita is one of the faciest faces in Dragon Gate, but who knows what he'll do to protect his mask?

Shingo Takagi (Delegate: BxB Hulk): Shingo Takagi is Monster Express's resident big man. He's also kind of a dick even though he's usually a face. He has been getting under Kzy's skin for awhile, taunting him for always losing and being the one pinned in Dia.Hearts multiman matches, and giving him poo poo for his ridiculous hair. This naturally dovetailed into both men entering the cage match in order to rid each other of their stupid hair. As fate would have it, Shingo's delegate is BxB Hulk, one of Shingo's most bitter rivals. Even though they've hated each other for years, they'll have to work together tonight in order to protect their treasured hair.

Kzy (Delegate: Akira Tozawa): Kzy used to be Dragon Gate's longest running heel, having been in several continuous incarnations of the company's resident heel team, starting with Real Hazard way back in 2008. Sick of dealing with the Zombie Veterans, Kzy defected from Mad Blankey back in January to join his former tag team partner BxB Hulk in Dia.Hearts. Since then he has been fairly unlucky in all the multimans, getting pinned and losing the match for his team on several occasions. This coupled with the constant needling from Shingo lead to him being in this match. His delegate, Akira Tozawa, has vowed that despite being in the same faction as both Yoshino and Takagi, that he will do everything in his power to help Kzy win.

Ryo "Jimmy" Saito (Delegate: Dragon Kid): Another Toryumon original, Ryo Saito has been around forever and is quietly one of Dragon Gate's best wrestlers. Saito's feud leading to this started with a man who isn't even involved in the match: Zombie Veteran Don Fuji. Fuji is one of Saito's oldest friends in the system, and he hates seeing Fuji embrace the Mad Blankey heel ways, and has spent the past few months attempting to reform the man. Mad Blankey leader YAMATO eventually got tired of this and told him to cut that poo poo out or else. This match is the "or else" part. I haven't seen or read anything from Dragon Kid about being a delegate, but you can bet that he'll do what it takes to defend a mask that he has bled for .

YAMATO (Delegate: Masaaki Mochizuki): Perhaps the most complete package in current Dragon Gate, and definitely the prettiest man in wrestling, YAMATO is the de facto top heel of the company, being the leader of the Mad Blankey faction, having usurped it from both Hulk and Tozawa back when they were members. YAMATO came to Don Fuji's "defense" against Ryo Saito's attempts to reform him. Being a vain and prideful man who treasures his luxurious locks, he was easily goaded by Saito to enter this match. You can bet that he will go to any lengths to protect his treasured hair. Being Dragon Gate's resident grumpy old man veteran, Mochizuki's approach to this whole ordeal has been one of "can't believe this poo poo you kids keep dragging me into" but he's still out to prove he's still got it and not just a washed up old man. He does have a burning hatred of Akira Tozawa though, and he was in a very successful tag team with Don Fuji for years, so if Fuji becomes a factor in this match expect that to play a role in who Mochi acts.

Well there you have it, all the entrants and delegates in the main event. Expect a giant clusterfuck that somehow manages to still be booked smartly (Dragon Gate is booked mainly by Genki Horiguchi with help from CIMA) and in a way that is logical, calls back to past history (Dragon Gate has no problem calling back to things that happened ten years ago to help advance or flesh out a feud), and in a way that advances everyone's storylines. The only thing for certain is that there will be some major stable shake-ups as the result of all this madness.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

Dimebags Brain posted:

I did a thing for reddit. It being reddit, I wrote it for complete Dragon Gate newbies, let me know what I got wrong:

Everything is pretty dead on! Great write up, only things I'd include would be that Millenials are mostly tweener (faces to fans who like the younger cute guys, heels to the old fans who see them as little shits) and that a secondary thing to Dia.Hearts is that some of the members are from Northern Japan.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Jimmyz wouldn't take all that long to explain. "Jimi" is an insult that means plain/boring, so Jimmy is an ironic nickname for all the haters. Saito, Susumu, and Kagetora just kind of wedged Jimmy into their names or changed them outright. Horiguchi started getting H-A-G-E (bald) chants so when he joined Jimmyz he called himself H.A.Gee.Mee instead. Tanizaki got injured, had an impostor (T-Hawk) usurp his name, lost a fight to get it back and was forced to rename himself because he "cried like a dolphin" about it, then won his name back but kept the old one too because it got him more popularity.

Also about the Millennials: They hate anyone born before 1990, Flamita's the only actual Mexican despite their logo/theme, and Yosuke is portraying an exótico character.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Hello everybody. what time is this, in the eastern time zone

Biosys
Aug 13, 2011

yea ok posted:

Hello everybody. what time is this, in the eastern time zone

3am

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

thats now

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

who up

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Mr. QQ? You're telling me rovert is a competitor in this match?

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

only joking

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Watching now. Hoping I'll survive the night

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

please do not make Maria enter to anything other than her theme

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Disappointing especially compared to the rest of Hulk's reign but about what was expected from Kong. Felt too short though.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Dimebags Brain posted:

Disappointing especially compared to the rest of Hulk's reign but about what was expected from Kong. Felt too short though.

hulk seemed irl pissed after lol

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

yea ok posted:

hulk seemed irl pissed after lol

shortest DG match ever. Still was botchy and Hulk looked like he stiffed Kong a bit at the end there.

Dimebags Brain fucked around with this message at 09:03 on May 5, 2015

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

tozawa GOAT

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Karate Robot Mochi GOAT

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
Just started watching the VOD. It's sad how far Arai has fallen but he was really funny with Stalker and Maria-chan. I think Kong dropped Hulk on his head on that Michinoku Driver and Hulk was a bit out of it. Kong didn't outright suck but I don't blame them putting this third and giving it only ten minutes. I hope they squeeze in another defense for Hulk before Kobe World to at least get the taste of that match out of everyone's mouth.

I also need a gif of CIMA dancing during Shingo's hulking up before the corner attacks. It's like he was channeling dusty rhodes.

NotQuiteQuentin fucked around with this message at 19:31 on May 5, 2015

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

So Cyber Kong can definitely kiss any hopes of any sort of singles career in Dragon Gate goodbye after that last match, right?

Hulk looked legit pissed afterwards.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

Dimebags Brain posted:

So Cyber Kong can definitely kiss any hopes of any sort of singles career in Dragon Gate goodbye after that last match, right?

Hulk looked legit pissed afterwards.

I think keeping it to under ten minutes was a smart decision but he's always been so touch and go match quality wise. Also this was a hand wave of a defense: no one should have expected a change and it felt like the fourth most important match leading into the show.

He also really dropped Hulk badly on the head with that driver. Can't imagine he will get many opportunities after that. Best protect your neck Hawk, Eita and CIMA

Biosys
Aug 13, 2011
I was real surprised to see the Dream Gate match so early even vs Kong but from the match I guess it was a good decision.

The Brave Gate match was awesome enough to make up for it at least doubly so I can't be annoyed, the main event didn't feel as crazy as last year but was still amazing.

Tozawa for Dream Gate unification, he deserves both.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Haven't had time to watch this yet but no big surprise that Kong is still a bust in singles. The only singles match I want to see him in is with Big R Shimizu and otherwise he can stick to multi-man tags because he works well as a utility hoss.

Tozawa should clean sweep the singles titles. Keeping the Brave and Owarai belts on him and then letting him come out as a triple crown winner would be amazing.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
this needed to be posted here

i can't see Tozawa with all three belts, in the past they've made the Brave Gate champ immediately vacate when he won the Dream Gate.

i do think that after a defense against Yoshino (i think he's winning KING OF GATE), Hulk has nothing left to do as champion so we are the tail end of his reign. it's been a fantastic one and changed his perception amongst viewers, imo but i can't see them have him go for CIMA's record. i'd be surprised if he held it past Kobe World

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

I'd be down with Tozawa as triple crown champ coming out of Kobe.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

T-Hawk is the only Dream Gate champ for me

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

T-Hawk, or tozawa, or maria,

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

T-Hawk said he would be the champ and I believed him

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

oatgan posted:

T-Hawk said he would be the champ and I believed him

T-Hawk will do what Hulk was too weak to do and destroy Mad Blankey.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Dimebags Brain posted:

T-Hawk will do what Hulk was too weak to do and destroy Mad Blankey.

Mad Blankey is going to destroy Mad Blankey.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

sticklefifer posted:

Mad Blankey is going to destroy Mad Blankey.

The Alliance to Destroy Mad Blankey will destroy Mad Blankey in the three story steel cage match brother!

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
I could really see an alliance between Hulk+Akira/T-Hawk/CIMA to put them down for good. All four have great reasons to want to end the group and it'd be fun to do a unit leaders deal again.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
First round of KING OF GATE is Live from Korakuen on niconico Tonight/Tomorrow morning with a lot of great undercard matches/Zombie Vets intrigue!

1. K-ness [MAD BLANKEY?]/Don Fujii/Gamma v Cyber Kong/Mondai Ryu/Punch Tominaga [MAD BLANKEY]
2. Dragon Kid/Big R Shimizu [DIA.HEARTS] v Kotoka/Flamita [MILLENIALS]
3. Masato Yoshino/Shachihoko BOY [MONSTER EXPRESS] v Genki Horiguchi H.A.Gee.Mee!!/Jimmy Kanda [JIMMYZ]
4. KING OF GATE 2015 A Block 1st Round: CIMA v. Naruki Doi [MAD BLANKEY]
5. BxB Hulk/Masaaki Mochizuki/Kzy [DIA.HEARTS] v Jimmy Susumu/ Ryo "Jimmy" Saito/Jimmy Kagetora [JIMMYZ]
6. KING OF GATE 2015 A Block 1st Round: Shingo Takagi [MONSTER EXPRESS] v Akira Tozawa [MONSTER EXPRESS]
7. KING OF GATE 2015 A Block 1st Round: YAMATO [MAD BLANKEY] v T-Hawk [MILLENIALS]

Here's the bracket for KING OF GATE. I haven't changed CIMA's color to be unaffiliated, but I'll update it as the tourney continues

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

NotQuiteQuentin posted:

I could really see an alliance between Hulk+Akira/T-Hawk/CIMA to put them down for good. All four have great reasons to want to end the group and it'd be fun to do a unit leaders deal again.

Well you're at least half right so far. Plus Eita once he's back.

I'm glad we're getting a stable shakeup of sorts.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
Today's Korauken card was incredible after a really lackluster first few matches. Everything Amigo Tag on is worth watching and the three first round KING of GATE matches were excellent in their own ways. Spoiler below for what's the KING of GATE bracket after today. The rest of the first round will play out over the next two days. Nothing's on niconico and they are from venues that rarely make TV. Which I hate because I'd love to see the Original M2K match and Hulk v SaiRyo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
They've really gone in a couple unexpected directions lately. I figured Doi would come out of the feud with CIMA as a face, but the cage gave CIMA a ton of sympathy heat. I'm also a little surprised K-Ness is sticking with Mad Blankey and not the Zombies. T-Hawk aligning with CIMA is also about the last alliance I expected. These aren't unwelcome changes, mind you, I just didn't see them coming.

I'm wondering if they're starting to brew tension with Tozawa and Takagi too. They were somewhat at odds in the cage match because of the delegates, and now they have a first round tournament match.

• Locked thread