Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Following the Tokyo Gurentai Tokyo Dream show, Masaaki Mochizuki is the Tokyo World Heavyweight Champion and the highly prestigious Tokyo Intercontinental Tag Championships are held by Kikutaro & Hollywood Stalker Ichikawa.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Anyone staying up crazy late/getting up crazy early for the Korakuen show? Shingo/Gamma should be a goodun.

Card:
0. Kenichiro Arai, Yosuke♡Santa Maria vs. U-T, “Hollywood” Stalker Ichikawa
1. Ryo “Jimmy” Saito, Genki Horiguchi H.A.Gee.Mee!!, Jimmy Kanda vs. Eita, Takehiro Yamamura, Kaito Ishida
2. El Lindaman vs. Shachihoko BOY
3. Jimmy Susumu, Jimmy Kness J.K.S. vs. Cyber Kong, Mondai Ryu
4. Masato Yoshino, Akira Tozawa, T-Hawk vs. Dragon Kid, Kzy, Big R Shimizu
5. CIMA, Masaaki Mochizuki, Don Fujii, Punch Tominaga vs. YAMATO, Naruki Doi, Naoki Tanizaki, Kotoka
6. Open the Dream Gate Championship Match: Shingo Takagi vs. Gamma

Poor U-T really got the worst of the Millennials split.

Abrasive Obelisk
May 2, 2013

I joined th
ROVPACK IN THE HOOUUUUSE!
:vince:
he still knows...
What time is it?

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
1:30am PST/4:30am EST/9:30am GST, but you can time-shift it on Niconico.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
i'm gonna catch it in the morning.

sorry for the lack of first post updates, i have something really cool in the works over the next few weeks that i think ya'll are going to love.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Fun show so far. Over Generation are looking really good lately.

Punch Tominaga getting a push rules. :allears:

sticklefifer fucked around with this message at 12:26 on Dec 3, 2015

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Yeah nothing can't miss but it's been a fast paced and easy to watch show.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Really weird to see a title match restarting in DG.

Yagi booting Kotoka in the rear end was great though.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Christ, that match was a clusterfuck in the best way.

Shingo/CIMA at Final Gate, as expected. YAMADoi vs Punch/Gamma too.

edit: AHAHAHAH WTF IS THIS ENDING

sticklefifer fucked around with this message at 13:47 on Dec 3, 2015

Kouerson
Mar 5, 2008

If you die in Canada, you die in real life.
This is cute as hell.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
For those who didn't see it, Tozawa came out to the Indiana Jones theme after the main event, and they got a bunch of kids from the audience to choose cards with wrestlers names hidden in the turnbuckles for the 10-man tag on the Dec 16th show. It was pretty adorable. :3:

The teams are Arai, Tanizaki, Shachi, Tozawa, and Yoshino vs Kanda, Doi, Lindaman, Metal Warrior (yep), and Super Shisa. MX randomly ended up on the same team.

Two more kids picked the dark match, and it's going to be Gamma vs T-Hawk.

This is going to be a weird card.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
I can't wait for a few years when we get the glorious El Lindaman Pink Maple Leaf Extravaganza.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Tanizaki's probably going to screw over his whole team, and I'd guess Metal Warrior ends up being someone else from VerserK. They teased the return of Doi Darts before Tozawa's scavenger hunt, but if I read the translation right we might see them at the 12/16 show.

edit: Kotoka's new theme is on Youtube, and it's as BLEEEHHHH as you would expect.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADtTYcGSHTY

sticklefifer fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Dec 3, 2015

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
From Jae about today's show:

quote:

He & Gamma won a giant crab for their victory, but since they are allergic to shellfish they gave it to Ishida & Yamamura.

dying.

I've already talked about this on twitter, but I'm starting a Dragon Gate podcast. It'll be monthly most of the time, with extra shows for major events/tournaments. First episode comes out this week.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Triangle Gate tournament has completed. I don't know if we're going to be able to see any of these, so I'll spoiler the results:

1st Round:
-VerserK (Takagi/Doi/YAMATO) beat Over Generation (CIMA/Yamamura/Ishida)
-Monster Express (Yoshino/Tozawa/T-Hawk) beat Dia.Hearts (Mochizuki/Dragon Kid/Kzy)

Finals:
Monster Express (Yoshino/Tozawa/T-Hawk) beat VerserK (Doi/YAMATO/Takagi)
*MONSTER EXPRESS become the 55th Open the Triangle Gate champions!

Wanna see that final, wow.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

sticklefifer posted:

Triangle Gate tournament has completed. I don't know if we're going to be able to see any of these, so I'll spoiler the results:

1st Round:
-VerserK (Takagi/Doi/YAMATO) beat Over Generation (CIMA/Yamamura/Ishida)
-Monster Express (Yoshino/Tozawa/T-Hawk) beat Dia.Hearts (Mochizuki/Dragon Kid/Kzy)

Finals:
Monster Express (Yoshino/Tozawa/T-Hawk) beat VerserK (Doi/YAMATO/Takagi)
*MONSTER EXPRESS become the 55th Open the Triangle Gate champions!

Wanna see that final, wow.

it got taped!

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
I've had to delay the first episode of Inside the Gate until next week. It'll drop Tuesday morning. Gonna be talking the December Korakuen, giving a FINAL GATE preview and a timeline of the Blood Warriors vs Junction Three war. Feel free to follow the twitter at @insidedgcast. I've got an email set up at insidethegatepodcast at gmail for mailbag and general questions. I'm recording later this weekend so feel free to send some and I'll cover what I can!

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
The first episode of Inside the Gate should be up by the time I'm posting it. It should be at http://insidedgcast.libsyn.com/

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
U-T might be getting an affiliation, finally. He's been teaming with Dia.Hearts lately; a few times with Mochi this month, and he'll tag with Kzy at Final Gate.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

sticklefifer posted:

U-T might be getting an affiliation, finally. He's been teaming with Dia.Hearts lately; a few times with Mochi this month, and he'll tag with Kzy at Final Gate.

Now Kzy can stop taking all of Dia.Hearts' pins.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Every stable needs a Mondai/Shachi.

Willninho
Aug 14, 2007
Everyone forgetting/Yoshino reminding he is the Owarai champion is my favorite running bit from Jae's recaps.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

he knows...

The history part of the podcast was cool, wouldn't mind to hear more of that. There really is no english language source on the internet to read about it in anything but the broadest strokes.

EDIT:

quote:

01/13/2016 Tokyo, Korakuen Hall
-Doi Darts New Year Special 10 Man Tag Team Match: Akira Tozawa, YAMATO, Don Fujii, “Hollywood” Stalker Ichikawa Cyber Kong vs. Gamma, Masaaki Mochizuki, Jimmy Kanda, Shingo Takagi, CIMA

:rip: Shingo

Tonfa fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Dec 17, 2015

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

NotQuiteQuentin posted:

The first episode of Inside the Gate should be up by the time I'm posting it. It should be at http://insidedgcast.libsyn.com/

I was very surprised when you mentioned living in South Carolina because you might be the most Southern California sounding person I've ever heard.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

I Before E posted:

I was very surprised when you mentioned living in South Carolina because you might be the most Southern California sounding person I've ever heard.

haha I never heard that before. I'm Texan by way of NC/Miami and only have lived in South Carolina for a year. I must not have picked back up a drawl yet.

I'm glad about the response. I'm already picking out future timelines (I love doing them and the mailbag) and my first guest is a pretty big one

For those interested, I'm gonna run a mashup of the Infinity that had the Open the Triangle Gate tournament and this week's Korakuen tomorrow. I might have something really weird to throw up as well. Kick off the holidays with the first ever Akira Tozawa Treasure Hunt match!!

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

he knows...

Anyone have a link to the cage match from Dead or Alive?

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

Tonfa posted:

Anyone have a link to the cage match from Dead or Alive?

I might have it somewhere. I'll check when I'm home.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
bleeeeeeeeeaaaaaaahhhhhh

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

VoW has a Final Gate preview up.

I had no idea Masa Funaki was on the card. HE worked against CIMA for a couple minutes on the Tokyo Gurentai card and that made me want to see those two in a singles match. Hope he sticks around DG a bit and we actually see it happen.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Wow, that dude hates NOSAWA. I don't agree with a lot of the results (I'd be surprised if Shingo and YAMADoi both lost), but it's cool to see a prediction column for a big DG show.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i like NOSAWA idc idc idc

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

No one sane is ever going to give NOSAWA a vote on their most outstanding ballot but he's fine as an undercard garbage guy and anyone who's idea of a birthday present for themselves is jobbing to octogenarians is cool.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Doesn't seem to me that Shingo will lose to CIMA because since they got the Brave Gate off Tozawa building to him taking the Dream Gate seems like the obvious direction, and it doesn't really make sense for him to take it off CIMA as opposed to the big bad heel that fans really hate.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

could they have tozawa make a challenge to shingo right after the cima main so it's not a total downer ending

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

I don't like that guy's predictions one bit, no sir. I don't see CIMA taking it, but if YAMATO/Doi somehow lose the Twin Gate, then maybe Shingo losing too might work as a way to end the year as a win finally for the faces.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
my thought process is that they're concluding the shingo vs the old generation feud. it'll either be like hulk not being able to claim his last scalp (yoshino and the big six) or they are transitioning to shingo getting a couple of defenses in before tozawa.

i don't think you go with tozawa this soon. that is a big money match and using it on a korakuen or one of the minor ppvs could be a waste. on the other hand, they don't have one of their major ppvs again until dead or alive, and you wouldn't want that match below the usual apuestas cage match. i like john but his twin and dream gate predictions feel off base. they haven't done a "bad ending" final gate since 2011 so i see veserk dominant at the end of the show as a good possibility.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Yeah, VerserK's almost-sweep and dominance seems too new to dash it apart already. Though I feel like something is going to change, which might mean a Mondai defection and/or Eita beating Kotoka for the Brave Gate. That way they're still dominant but the cracks are visibly forming.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

bump for 『FINAL GATE』

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

epitasis posted:

bump for 『FINAL GATE』

Yeah, everyone should take advantage of the fact that they finally have a big show on a weekend and for ONCE NOT RUNNING DIRECTLY AGAINST A MAJOR NJPW SHOW.

It's at 12 PST/ 3 EST/ 8 GMT.

https://secure.live.nicovideo.jp/product/3391

Here's where you go to buy it. It's 2700 "smiling points" so you'll need to buy 3000 yen ($25) of points but you can at least save the 300 left over for future use.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

however the shows are always 2700 yen and they only do 500 and multiples of 1000 so now im sitting on 900 yen left over from past purchases and for their next show i'd finally be able to use 200 of that

• Locked thread