Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

AnotherGamer posted:

Yeah, Sigma Star Saga was an interesting idea but it had bad execution: the ship you got teleported into was random as was the stage you were supposed to beat with it, but some ships were too big to make it through corridors without getting hit in the progress and at least in one case, getting screwed over by the RNG meant that you took a hit from crashing into a wall before you could even control the ship. The shooter battles basically replaced random battles, but you still had to fight enemies while on the ground, which made the progress tedious. And finally, while the whole gundata system (choose a bullet pattern, the type of bullet and what happens when it hits an enemy) was a nice idea in theory, it made basically every ship identical to play as, you could only have a single type of shot available at any given time and the secondary ship-specific shots were just plain useless.

There was also a bug related to one enemy type that made it so if you killed the wrong thing at the wrong time you'd end up being unable to finish a random shooter segment ever.

I think that if they made a second Sigma Star Saga they should concentrate more on the mini-bosses. Those were great to run into.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer

AnotherGamer posted:

Not quite: the way you finish shooter segments is to kill a set number of enemies in one, but there's one specific type of enemy on one of the planets that's glitched (apparently a gravestone of some sort) and if it's the last enemy you kill in that shooter segment, it doesn't count towards the enemies killed but the game refuses to spawn any more, meaning you're stuck and need to reset. Pretty sure it has no permanent effects but it's still a huge pain in the rear end.

Actually the problem is that the programmers put the check at if remaining enemies = 0 instead of <1 or something, and killing the gravestone (which has a ghost attached) counts as two kills, so the remaining enemies are actually at -1, meaning it's not equal to 0, so the mission continues forever.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer

TheWanderingNewbie posted:

Okay good I was SUPER confused by me moving fast all of a sudden, I seriously thought I was going crazy.

Hey so I attempted a new and possibly better way of editing Audio this set of videos, tell me if it sounds any better/clearer.

Area 7 - The Eyes

Does the tile set for the new area remind anyone else of a certain image?

• Locked thread