Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
I just finished reading the instruction manual. Apparently Somtaaw has figured out a way to defy the laws of thermodynamics because their Ion inducers are "cooled by the cold vacuum of space".

I believe I audibly groaned when I read that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

I'm sure it's just a matter of processing time not having caught up to it but Smalltest goes up to 1080p while Hugetest is still at 720. That said Hugetest seemed sharper and slightly easier to read.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Also, can't you capture and cleanse beast ships in the multiplayer? The Instruction Manual seemed to imply as much.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

"Recommend we commence fusion candle research immediately."
"I'm sorry Tech command did I hear you correctly?"
"RECOMMEND WE COMMENCE FUSION CANDLE RESEARCH IMMEDIATELY"

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Yeah, that's an Advertisement for the new Thunderbirds thing.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Try the link in his post, not the quoted link from Apostate Courier.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Do you get 100% return when you decomission a ship? If so is there nothing preventing you from just building a fleet of leeches and having them all turn the enemy cruiser into delicious delicious RUs?

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

JcDent posted:

On the other hand, both the Naggarok and the beacon had been floating around for a million years. Naggarok might have floated into a star by now.

The beast might have been able to repair the engines of the Naggarok. It probably can't create a propulsion system out of whole cloth on a metal cube.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

I still can't get over the fact that the Instruction Manual states that the MBFs cool themselves by leaving the ion coils open to "The cold vacuum of space".

One of those words negates the usefulness of the other, Somtaaw.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Neurion posted:

It was more that they launched the Mothership without having fully completed work on her sublight drives, for some reason.

Overexcited engineers finished their work on the FTLs before the sublight finished and wanted to do their test while the other team finished their practical fabrication. It's not like they knew there was an ancient blood-oath against them should they ever rediscover FTL.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

thiswayliesmadness posted:

"We will adapt the seige cannon to our needs."

Resistance is futile.

I love how they juxtapose "quick, lop off that cannon and strap it to the hull" with "Paaarrttttssssszzzzz"

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

I'd imagine if you leave the carrier alone for an hour while on time factor 8, you'd come back to 400 SU's worth of collectors arrayed in sphere formation around it.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

FredMSloniker posted:

*horrifying screams from mess hall*
*passing officer pauses*
'Huh. Must be Tuesday.'
*passing officer moves on*

"PAAAaaarrrtttsssss! Paarrttsss will giivvee uss the Ketchuuuppp! The Frieess are Sallttyyy"

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

YES they knoooowwwwww!

I love the delivery on that, it shifts from angry to mocking as it changes voices.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Magni posted:

Same problem here. Also, while it was dragged back to the Mothership, it apparrently was still building assault frigates and strike craft and just couldn't launch them. So once it was captured and came back out of the MS, it started vomiting out everything - with the ships in question still being hostile. My little fleet of frigates and corvettes ended up spending close to five minutes spawncamping the carrierss hangar exit to clean up that mess. :v:

I know it's a bug, but that's hilarious.

"The ship was completely empty sir."
"That's odd, did you check the ships in the hangar?"
"The what now sir?"

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

PurpleXVI posted:

Or maybe the history of the Beast War in Homeworld 2's part of the continuity is written by Infection Deniers. Naggarok did nothing wrong and it's completely absurd that the Bentusi claim six million of their stories were lost, at the very most...

Beast goo can't digest titanium beams.
:colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

PurpleXVI posted:

The beastified washing machine demands more dirty laundry, PARTS, more laundry!

We Hunggerr for your linens. Why do YOU deny us thisssssssss.

• Locked thread