Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT
DEPRESSION
Nobody tell our host who Fred Durst is. It's better this way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poorlywrittennovel
Oct 9, 2012

The Steak Justice posted:

Nobody tell our host who Fred Durst is. It's better this way.

Too late :v:. Also raise that Acc I guess.

Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT
DEPRESSION

poorlywrittennovel posted:

Too late :v:. Also raise that Acc I guess.

Aw we could have had a Liam of our own.

Yeah ACC might as well. I think that thing gets high ACC and DEF which are a weird combo but sure why not.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Mysticblade posted:

I have no clue who Fred Durst is but let's pretend I do.

What the gently caress

Mysticblade
Oct 22, 2012

Before you start reading this, parts of this might not make sense if you haven't played Monster Rancher before. I'll eventually explain the battle system and how Guts work when I get to tournaments. Feel free to skip this and you can always come back later. I'll leave this in the OP.

Suzurins are basically stuffed toys designed to look like bells. They're pretty cute but I don't use them too often.

Stats

Each different breed of monsters has a different type of stat growth. Different monsters develop different stats at different rates. There's actually some documentation about the general patterns of growths for each breed.

In the case of a standard Suzurin, these are the growth with a rating from 1 to 10

pre:
POW	4
INT	6
ACC	5
SPD	4
DEF	8
LIFE	4
Unfortunately, that isn't the end of that. You see, our Suzurin isn't a standard Suzurin, but a Suzurin with Psiroller as a sub-breed.

Monsters have a main breed which affects what type of monster they are and a sub-breed which influences what traits and growths they get.

For a Suzurin/Psiroller like ours, the growths are different.

pre:
POW	2
INT	7
ACC	7
SPD	5
DEF	6
LIFE	4
Yes, I forgot to check whether it was a defence monster or a speed monster. Whoops. :v:

Moveset

Monsters also have their own movesets. Independent of sub-breed and the only thing that affects the potential moves you can learn is your main breed. You need to satisfy the requirements before you have any sort of reliable chance of learning these moves in sparring.

pre:
Technique	ACC	DMG	GuD	CRT	GutC	RNK 	STAT REQ	TYPE
Pokorin		A	E	E	D	10	E	300 POW		POW	
Pokkorin	E	B	E	E	20	E	300 POW		POW
AimHit		A	E	E	D	12	E	300 POW		INT
Dizzy		C	D	A	E	26	D	400 INT		INT
AimBoom		D	B	E	E	32	C	500 SPD		INT
Bowling		B	B	D	E	50	B	600 ACC		INT
DoMiSo		E	A	E	D	38	B	500 INT		INT
Ring*3		B	E	S	D	32	B	400 DEF		INT
SharePain	C	S	A	E	42	A	600 SPD		INT
Technique is the name of the move. Accuracy is the general accuracy rating of the move, with A being very accurate and D being unreliable. DMG relates to the damage with A dealing tons of damage and D just scratching the enemy. GuD relates to Guts which is a battle mechanic I haven't gotten to yet. But regardless, A rank moves are good at stopping your opponent from fighting back and D ranks don't have that same kind of effect. GutC is the amount of guts you need to use that move. CRT is just the chance to do bonus damage. A rank is high chance, D is low chance. Don't rely on this. TYPE is whether it uses POW or INT for damage calculations.

Rank and stat requirements relate to actually unlocking moves. Closer you are to the requirements, the easier it is to get the moves. Rank is the rank you should be to unlock it, stat requirements are the number you should be hitting in the respective stat before it starts becoming likely to learn it. Not sure how they managed to figure this one out considering there's no real indication but hey, they found it.

Other Details

The general lifespan of a monster can be found in it's breed. While the main breed is the big thing, sub-breeds do have a relatively minor effect as well.

Standard Suzurin's full lifespan is around 5 years and 3 months.

Our sub-breed lives slightly longer and is capable of living 5 year and 5 months. Doesn't mean it's going to live to that age though.

Moving on, our Suzurin is actually a INT/ACC/DEF monster. Whoops! But there are two moves we could get out of going down the speed path. I'll leave this decision to the thread at a later date.

Next update I will try to actually train the monster. There's just a lot I can talk about in this game so I get a little stuck in these explanations.

MonotoneMorgan
Nov 20, 2013

The saddest day in Octavian's life was the day he was asked to shave his mustache.

Mysticblade posted:

Moving on, our Suzurin is actually a INT/ACC/DEF monster. Whoops! But there are two moves we could get out of going down the speed path. I'll leave this decision to the thread at a later date.

Next update I will try to actually train the monster. There's just a lot I can talk about in this game so I get a little stuck in these explanations.

Clearly, we must make Suzurin/Psiroller a POW/ACC/DEF based monster for a Challenge RunTM.
That way, Freddy can PokkorinE(verything) to death. SharePain looks like a brutal move though!

Monk E
May 19, 2009
Interesting it seems like the stat growths for crossbreeds in this game are planned out as opposed to the playstation games which pretty much just used the average of the constituent monsters.

Monk E fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Jan 13, 2015

Monk E
May 19, 2009
hit quote instead of edit

Mysticblade
Oct 22, 2012

I've actually raised a POW/ACC/DEF Suzurin before. Got it to S-rank as well and won the POW. only tournament.

Update is recorded. I found an excuse to show off the battle system, so less on the monster and I finally get to explain battles. Will be up as soon as I stop shaking my head at Fred's latest performance. He really impressed me here.

Mysticblade
Oct 22, 2012

Well, I need to figure a place to start talking about Fred, I guess.

Starting off with some light training is always good.

He screwed it up.

If your monster screws up, you get a chance to scold it. If your monster does well, you get a chance to praise it.

Scolding them makes them stricter on them self.

Gotta get that next level of ACC eventually.

Two failures in a row is a bit rarer but I've had it happen to me before.

I may have pushed Fred into depression. That was early. He was tired at this point so I just let him sleep.

Unfortunately, that last failure pushed him to 'Strict'. His gains from training will be higher but his life will be shorter. I have convinced our monster to work himself to death.

You don't get any stats for failure, Fred.

I let him off this time but I may need to do something about this.

Ah, feeding monsters. This is fairly basic stuff.

You get 10 different options of food. Different monsters like different types of food more. For each point of 'Liking' it has, that's one point of reliance your monster picks up. They also have different prices and affect how much weight your monster picks up or loses. Different food is more filling than others and will give them a better chance to succeed, apparently. Milk is the most neutral thing for weight and isn't too expensive. Fred is fond of it and building up reliance is important.

He better be.

Even Holly is sick of your failures, Fred.

Here's Aroma. She's from MRA1 and was part of a dying ranch. The protagonist of that game came in and made them not suck.

This is her brother Zest. The two are here to say hello to Holly and introduce us to a new thing in combat.

It's not going to see much use, but I'll explain it.

Mistake here. I've missed that on my previous runs.

Yeah, our monster is totally out-classed.

It's tired as well, so it suffers stat penalties. Not really much to lose here.

Time to introduce our combat then.

Life is basically how much HP you have. Left value in the x/x is current, right is maximum.

Time is how long until the battle ends. When the battle ends and if neither of the monsters are knocked out, the one with the most %HP wins.

Guts is your basic resource in battle. You use Guts to attack and the more Guts you have, the higher your chance to hit and to dodge. Not a huge effect but waiting for your opponent to make the first move can help at times. You automatically recover Guts as time goes on and different main breeds generate Guts at different rates.

Technique is what combat move you're going to use. You have to set this stuff up before battle, and you've got three basic ranges. Number on the panel is the Guts cost which is how much the move costs to use. Green moves are INT-based, yellow are POW-based. You can have two different movesets and switch between them by pressing up or down. This means in battle you have access to two long-range moves, two mid-range moves and two short-range moves.

Hit Chance is your chance to hit. Affected by technique accuracy rating, ACC, enemy SPD, traits and guts.

Counter State is what Holly was talking about earlier. By pressing B and a direction while the counter state thing is yellow, you'll set yourself up to counter their next attack, as shown by the blue counter state in this picture. Sometimes, it'll be red and you won't be able to counter.

Counter is poo poo. It only has a 25% chance to work. If it works, you'll hit them back for free and they'll take increased damage and guts loss. If it doesn't, you'll take way more damage and a guaranteed hit. It's really not worth it. A certain cheater gets the ability to have 100% success on counters. There's no known way to get the trait that causes it known as 'Strikeback'.

Anyway, enemy Antlan takes the first strike.

Here's what the first part of Counter looks like.

Part 2!

I'm lucky it didn't one shot Fred.

Failing to do anything has pissed off Fred. Fury is a status effect that can be caused in battle by getting hit, I think. It makes you deal more damage on your next attack, but if you get hit before you can hit them, you'll take more damage.

Aim Hit is accurate, if nothing else.

Not that it stopped the enemy from running us over.

Ahaha... K.O. is what happens when your monster runs out of Life in a fight. It ends the fight before time is up, and if it happens in a serious fight, your monster has a chance to be injured and be unable to do anything for sometime. This isn't a serious fight so the outcome doesn't matter and Fred won't be out of commission.

It's alright, this wasn't a battle we had to win. Won it a few times before but that took some luck and a good monster.

Next time, Fred Durst will continue his training. If he fails any more training, I'm going to keep scolding him. Was not expecting 4 failures in a row but I can still work with this.

yokaiy
Dec 25, 2012

What a handsome tree!
Oh man, this game. I have so many fond memories of it (and the first one as well). I remember having really good luck with a Mint way back when -- knew she was special when she beat that battle against Aroma. I've had unlucky fail-streaks like that before, too. Not fun. I think I remember it most clearly with a particularly nasty Hare. It was my first time raising one and I never raised one again after that.

Looking forward to seeing how this goes, and good luck with the Suzurin! I've never gotten very far with one before.

MonotoneMorgan
Nov 20, 2013

The saddest day in Octavian's life was the day he was asked to shave his mustache.
Failed 4 times in a row in ACC training as a wee tyke? Load up that shotgun, it's time to kill ol' Freddy.
Roll an Antlan or maybe steal yokaiy's Mint code, both options seem pretty cool.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

That reminds me, are Zans available in this game? We should totally raise a Zan when Fred Durst bites it, which will probably be soon if he continues like this :v:

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

Are Hengers/robot guys in this one? I love me a floating robot guy :3:

My favorite monster from any of the games, though, was Monol. Something about a floating monolith is neat.

Plasbad
Oct 2, 2013
This game is my tied with MR4 as my second favorite after MR2. There are a lot of interesting mechanics without being overly complicated, and there really is a huge selection of monsters, even old favorites like Gali, Monol, and Hengar. I never did get around to unlocking every single monster type in the game, though, partly due to how complicated some of the events to unlock them are. I'm glad you're playing this and will be following along, I'll probably restart on my own copy as well.

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010
A four digit code to create life and none of you nerds suggested ATCG.

I am disappointed in all of you.

We need to go make another monster and the execute this one in front of it.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

MonotoneMorgan posted:

Failed 4 times in a row in ACC training as a wee tyke? Load up that shotgun, it's time to kill ol' Freddy.
Roll an Antlan or maybe steal yokaiy's Mint code, both options seem pretty cool.

Holly's clearly learned nothing from working on Mr.Swoon's ranch. She knows drat-well what needs to be done with Monsters that fail their training :toughguy:.

Mysticblade
Oct 22, 2012

Zan's are in this game. Will require beating a A-rank invitational tournament so it isn't going to happen during the life of Fred Durst.

Hengar's are in this game but they require an INT monster to unlock. Fred is nowhere near good enough to hit the requirements for that event and once again, probably not in his life. :v:

Also, for those advocating for Fred's death, death isn't a mechanic in this game. Monsters are just forced to stop fighting and training beyond a certain point. Stricter monsters do get shorter lives like I said, so he'll be gone sooner.

e - Update coming soon. Fred Durst failed to hit the target once again, but he finally did it. I'd say I'm proud but every other monster has managed it...

Mysticblade fucked around with this message at 11:02 on Jan 31, 2015

Turos Kensei
Dec 13, 2009

Mysticblade posted:

e - Update coming soon. Fred Durst failed to hit the target once again, but he finally did it. I'd say I'm proud but every other monster has managed it...

When your kid is the last one to learn to tie their shoes.

yokaiy
Dec 25, 2012

What a handsome tree!

Mysticblade posted:

Fred Durst failed to hit the target once again, but he finally did it. I'd say I'm proud but every other monster has managed it...

Wow. That is almost impressive, actually.

Next time we're in the mood for a little toy-monster, we should go Mew or Ducken instead. I've actually had some pretty good runs with Mews before.

Also:

LateToTheParty
Oct 13, 2012

The bane of my existence.
Yes Fred Durst. You did do good.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Here's to our sweet Fred Durst failing at 90% of his drills and fights and then dying retiring at the absolutely earliest available time :haw:

MonotoneMorgan
Nov 20, 2013

Mysticblade posted:

Also, for those advocating for Fred's death, death isn't a mechanic in this game. Monsters are just forced to stop fighting and training beyond a certain point. Stricter monsters do get shorter lives like I said, so he'll be gone sooner.

But... but... What about Ghost/Wracky/Mock...? And Phoenix/Metalner flying away instead of dying?

This is blowing my mind :psyboom:

Mysticblade
Oct 22, 2012

Yokaiy, that's a pretty :3: piece of artwork. Mind if I add it to the OP?

Ghosts don't exist in this game. They don't have every race in every game. Off the top of my head, we don't have those weird chalk monsters from MR1/2(edit - we do! you need to unlock every other breed first) or the giant dog thing from MRDS2. I'll get you a list later.

Since Fred Durst is a baby monster right now, he gets saddled with this lovely trait.

Gluttony is a trait that causes your monster to be obese. It'll disappear with time but kind of irritating.

Fred continues to be incapable of hitting a target.

Little mercy is given.

But he finally gets it.

He didn't get much, but it's finally something.

Oh, and I'm probably just going to be feeding him potatoes for the rest of his life unless I need to mess with his diet. They're cheap and he likes them enough. The fact that all I need to do here is mash A has nothing to do with that, no sirree.

He's happy, it's fine.

That degree of exhaustion is not enough for you to be granted rest, Fred.

Sometimes monsters will request rest when they're tired instead of doing training.

Naturally, the answer is no.

Might've been a mistake.

Eh, that'll do it.

Urgh, stress. Exhaustion is measured by two different means. Energy and Stress. Being low on energy gives you the message about being tired, but stress is far more insidious. Strictness, low weight and failures will build up stress. Stress reduces lifespan even more. The real kicker is that stress can build up very easily because you won't be told if your monster is stressed if it has plenty of energy. On the other hand, stressed monsters do get to play another animation. :toot:?

Monsters have three main animations on the ranch. Idle animation, which is just them breathing/floating/etc, energetic animations for when they have a lot of energy which is expressed through things like jumps and roars. Stress is different. They'll look like something is irritating them on occasion when they're stressed. It's pretty easy to miss and I usually don't pay much attention to it.

But yeah, I give him some rest and he returns to failure.

He gets it eventually, We might make it out of E rank before he's dead at this rate.

At the beginning of every month, there's a chance that Ayame will pass on an ad for monster sparring. When that happens, the price of sparring goes from 3000G to 1000. For reference, we started the game with 10000G and E-rank tournaments give you around 2000G. Before you can start rolling in cash, these are really nice.

But yeah, you've seen the move chart for Suzurins. At this point, it's not very likely that we'll get anything.

We hit the next level of ACC so I decided to move on to INT training.

Meditation just involves your monster standing around, thinking about things.

He's a good deal more successful here than he is with hitting a target.

And we're starting to leave the baby stage. Stat gains are going up and we're about to get to the good part of monster raising.

Francesca pops in to talk about Super Coaches, but I'll take this.

Super Coaches are coaches with super high stats and excellent traits. There's a chance they'll be at AGIMA at the start of the month in even years. They cost a ton though. I think I can remember something like a 30,000G price tag on one of them. Way out of our league for now.

By the way, we'll probably start advanced training next update.

Beyond the 'check AGIMA at the right time' method, there's no real way to know if a Super Coach is available. Too much hassle for me to usually bother with.

For some reason, I did some power training here. Whoops.

And we hit the next level of Int. Maybe we'll leave some scratch marks now.

If you see this message, this is the sign that your monster is now an adult. Important stuff.

I just sent him to do some LIFE training. Never mind.

I should remember to praise him when he does something good. I've been pretty mean to him lately.

LIFE doesn't work on the same level system for practical purposes. We were just getting some practice in before I send him off to his first tournament.

Time to throw Fred in the kiddie pool.

Alright. This is a Round Robin Tournament. We fight everyone and the person with the most wins at the end wins the tournament. Fairly basic but the 6 man Round Robins get pretty long. I'm just going to refer to them as RR Tournaments from now on.

Our second fight! Fred may be slightly outclassed here.

And slightly confused. Let me just go back to Ducken to explain this.

You see that Reliance stat? If your monster's reliance stat is low, they'll be confused like Fred up there in battle. Being confused means your monster won't attack and is a lot easier to hit. Fred's Reliance is pretty low, being somewhere around the 30 mark at this fight.

Happens to other monsters at E rank but don't expect it to happen to D-rank enemies.

Anyway, we win this fight because the AI keeps on spamming Lightning instead of a good move.

...That bunny is a lot more slanted than I remember MRA2 being at E rank. Good for us though.

Aim Shot is accurate and Fred does have decent ACC now. We can hit him despite that speed.

Urgh. It's a buff Garu.

Garu's start off with really good moves early on. Fire Upper is a POW move with C rank damage. That's very high for this early on. C rank accuracy makes it a pretty good move.

Yeah, the other monsters are fighting off-screen. Not sure if it actually uses the stats for actual calculations but we lost.

I just wanted to show off our first tournament.

2nd place still gives you some money.

You get farm for performing well in tournaments. I'm not sure what it does in this game.

You also get some bonus points after tournaments if you do well enough. This is dependant on the rank of the tournament with E rank giving little. S-ranks give ~25 points for the main stat though and training through tournaments is kind of viable at that point.

2nd place is still failure.

Maybe.

Hm.

Mysticblade fucked around with this message at 13:27 on Feb 6, 2015

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

Sorry, Fred Durst, only winners get to eat :mad:

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

I'd say we're being too mean to poor Fred, but GOD he sucks. Somehow I think my predictions earlier will end up being true...

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Alabaster White posted:

I'd say we're being too mean to poor Fred, but GOD he sucks. Somehow I think my predictions earlier will end up being true...

Just take him for a nice chat behind the barn and everything will work itself out.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I dunno, despite managing to fail in training once and over again hegot second place in his very first tournament. I think that was deserving of some praise.

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010
Okay, so that tournament chart makes no sense. If X's are wins, then Galder won. If circles are wins then Kurt won. How the gently caress did Flames win?

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.

RickVoid posted:

Okay, so that tournament chart makes no sense. If X's are wins, then Galder won. If circles are wins then Kurt won. How the gently caress did Flames win?

It's showing that Flames won a specific match, not the overall tournament. Circles are wins.

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010

FredMSloniker posted:

It's showing that Flames won a specific match, not the overall tournament. Circles are wins.

Okay, I misread that part of the post. I thought it was saying Flames won the tournament, when it was actually Kurt. Nevermind.

yokaiy
Dec 25, 2012

What a handsome tree!

Mysticblade posted:

Yokaiy, that's a pretty :3: piece of artwork. Mind if I add it to the OP?

Of course. :haw:

Wow, Fred is awful. I'm really happy I never tried to take a Suzurin very far -- I think I only attempted one once because I thought it was cute. POW/SPD monsters tend to be my favorites, with Zans being my super favorites.

MonotoneMorgan
Nov 20, 2013

yokaiy posted:

Wow, Fred is awful. I'm really happy I never tried to take a Suzurin very far -- I think I only attempted one once because I thought it was cute. POW/SPD monsters tend to be my favorites, with Zans being my super favorites.

I think Freddy has a chance to get to at least Rank C, maybe even B if he starts wising up. Still cute though.
Still, whilst I had a special place for SPD monster a la Tiger/Monol (Terror Dog), I always enjoyed the idea of fighting with your mind/magic over using pure brawn.

Mysticblade
Oct 22, 2012

Alright, I've got a list of monsters in MRA2.

Antlan
    Arrowhead
    Doodle
    Dragon
    Ducken
    Durahan
    Gali
    Garu
    Gitan
    Golem
    Hare
    Hengar
    Joker
    Lesione
    Mew
    Mocchi
    Mogi
    Momo
    Monol
    Naga
    Octopee
    Phoenix
    Pixie
    Psiroller
    Raiden
    Suezo
    Suzurin
    Tiger
    Zan
    Zuum
I'm pretty sure I've never seen some of these in the other games, but I can't recall much about the other games. If anyone has some questions about these breeds, I can give you a short description of some of them or the full details.

That aside, I do actually need some suggestions for what Fred is going to be doing for training. Since Fred finally became an adult, Advanced trainings which increase two stats but decrease another are available. A big boost to one stat, a smaller boost to another and a small stat decrease in the last stat. This is going to speed up training a lot but I still need to hear what others want to do with Fred.

Personally my suggestion would be more INT/LIF training. We hit but it does little. Then we get hit and any mark is significant to our small pool of life. Still, I'm taking input.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I agree with Int/Lif. Let's make Fred stronger and tougher, so maybe he won't suck at everything anymore.

yokaiy
Dec 25, 2012

What a handsome tree!
Int/Lif seems good to me too. At the very least, we can have him fall back on JRPG-end-boss levels of HP padding to make up for any defense problems, and have his attacks do more than 5 damage in addition to the guts damage.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Int/Life

Although I'm not sure how useful a vote will be since Fred just gonna fail all of his training anyway :downs:

MonotoneMorgan
Nov 20, 2013

Int/Lif, he'll be the bestest magical meat wall in all the lands!

Mysticblade
Oct 22, 2012

Howdy, we're back with Fred.

Since he's old enough, we're moving up to the heavier trainings.

Riddle training is just the coach asking some questions and the monster responding.

Training goes by fast. Fred can't hit a target but he's fine with riddles.

Got a memo about the tourney to rise to the next rank. I actually tried it in another run but Fred lost.

Forgot to catch it but we got a message about sparring being on sale. It's cheap enough that I'm fine with spending the money this early on in the game.

I'm always a fan of more damage.

Yeah, the discount from 3000G - 1000G then the 20% off from using your own coach can make this a hell of a lot cheaper.

Yes, the starting coach is very balanced. No, we're probably not going to win this fight.

We manage to land a few glancing blows but...

Fred gets confused.

And the AI attacks. Guaranteed hit.

Yeesh. We got +9 LIF from training earlier. Only reason we survived.

Still, we manage to survive by avoiding close range as much as possible. He only has attacks for close-range so you can abuse this at E-rank. It's not too common to see a monster that can only fight at one range and they'll be gone when we hit D-rank.

Surviving a sparring session is pretty hard. Beating one is even harder.

I've done it before though. The AI doesn't bother distinguishing between POW and INT moves. So you can have a 999 POW monster that just keeps on using INT moves with 50 INT.

Better you do in the fight, the more points you get afterwards. Winning a round of sparring give you close to 60 points in the primary stat.

Also, you can pick up traits, but they're usually awful and don't do much.

Extra resistance against stuff is better than nothing.

This, on the other hand, looks very nice.

So I decide to see if Fred can actually win a tournament now.

I may have neglected to mention this earlier, but you can give up control of your monster to the AI. Don't. They still get confused and the AI is unreliable.

\

Yeah, we're good now.

A neat bonus was that the enemy kept on spamming this move.

Irritating, but not deadly. Can't attack while Addled, very few moves inflict it. Those that do tend to also cause some pretty big guts loss as you can see.

That aside, it's an easy win.

After that was this Suezo here.

Oh no. It spit on me.

Personally, I feel like Suezo's need to get an INT move before they become a threat. They're pretty fun to use once you do get an INT move.

Either way, it's Fred's first actual victory!

Honestly, that last session of sparring is probably going to be enough to get Fred to D.

Fred's going to be fine, I think. He was just exceptionally awful at basic ACC training. Maybe he'll do better on the advanced stuff.

Not really the greatest progress with Fred for one whole year but he's back to Strict here.

He hasn't managed to work off Glutton but training will work that out of him.

Next time, I'll probably just push him to the next level of INT and ACC and then continue on again with LIF. Next time, we got to the AGIMA Tournament.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Not good enough Fred.
A loving wall can stand in an E-rank tourney and win it.

We need a monster of a monster.

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 12:44 on Feb 26, 2015

• Locked thread