Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001
:ssh:

I been writing. Taking meds, doing my form of therapy, and I'm about to bounce offline from March until August except for sporadic updates from the great outdoors along the AT for however far I can make it in that time frame hiking with my main friend of the family Spongebob. Then come August I'm starting college, again, so I'm not gonna have a poo poo ton of time to work on this dumb idea before Holiday 2015, but I wanna put all my writings that are.. Whatever they are, and deemed good enough writings by you dudes.. And any of your short stories that are funny and deemed good by the community at large or rants or some dick art you did or whatever, and compile it into GiP: [nonworking title] . Personally I've secretly got enough to fill volumes, but not at all is most it print worthy.

This thread is to find out if you would purchase a copy or be one of the D&D faggots who get mad at the entire chapter on tranny's and not buy a copy.

If you get a production line credit in authorship I'd like to get your copy to you for free. And have the larger buying base pay for it- but let's face it boys, some of our poo poo is funny but few will pay for it in good print form. I highly doubt this breaks even. But I'm trying it anyway. The idea is that it's available for GiPiss next year. Shooting for earlier.

So if you get a story or piece of art in the book the idea is that the initial pricing for the books will be based on just enough to get all the contributors free copies, and one copy for the GiP mods to pass along like HIV, and nothing more.

Unless this generates lots of interest in which case I'll quit and let someone less suspicious and jewy just send me a copy for cost when it's over and lemme know what charity the extra money went to. But this Jew don't wanna be accounting poo poo- one production run, and everyone sees the pricing in the open is what im doing here. Ain't poo poo hitting your kindle, it's analog only here.

Oh wait look at that I can't make polls.
So just post how many you'd buy if you would. What's your upper price limit, and if you want to contribute how many pages of original art or text are you gonna be bringing to the project? Are you okay if not everything makes the cut? Are you willing to let someone edit your work? Etc.

This would've been easier with polls but I get banned too often.

Also just to make sure I never try too coordinate GiP goons on a project again you are welcomed and encouraged to explain in great length and detail why this idea is dumb, you won't pay for it, and how your higher level of aspergeration makes you superior to me.

And this is also the thread to discuss any work you are actually doing or thinking of doing on GiP: [nonworking title]

:stare::420::stare:Let's see if we can make a piece of literature, GiP. :stare::420::stare:

P.S.:

I'm locking the thread as soon as I post it so N4I can first post his rules and regulations on this endeavor I propose. Complain to him for not reopening this thread and blessing / adjudicating the project.

http://youtu.be/BpqOWO6ctsg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
There's been enough interest in a Shim manifesto to justify this thread.

Tearsaslube
Jan 5, 2015

by XyloJW
I'd read the poo poo out of your book. Hell, I'd buy several copies and leave them on the floor of my women's studies classes

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I will absolutely buy a copy if this happens.

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Not only will I buy a copy, I want to start a kickstarter to get the single most shim-like moment from said manuscript on some lucky/unlucky GiPper's disgusting body

USMC503
Jan 15, 2012

For satisfactory performance while under the effects of hostile enemy alcohol.
Yes, this will be amazing.

And will probably end up as required reading for psychology undergrads when they hit the veteran section of their PTSD classes.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

Every step, a fucking adventure.

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

I would buy this, no questions asked.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

I want mine signed.

MancXVI
Feb 14, 2002

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

I'd be down for a copy.

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

holocaust bloopers posted:

I want mine signed.

I want mine with an inked cock imprint.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I would pay extra for a personal greeting from shim written inside the cover.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

seance snacks
Mar 30, 2007

Sold.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
shim put a pube on the inside cover of each book sold to a gipper tia

Melthir
Dec 29, 2009

I need to go scrap some money together cause my avatar is just sad.

This.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
the book needs an authentic mushroom stamp to show a real jew wrote it

Branis
Apr 14, 2006

by VG
I'll buy a copy but only if it is titled my struggles.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

My Struggle
A Jew's Tale of Conquering the Appalachia

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

I'd buy one, easy. Maybe even 2!

smertrioslol
Apr 4, 2010

holocaust bloopers posted:

I want mine signed.

Mister Man
Nov 22, 2006

IWHBYD...

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

I'm not a real GiP but I like this forum and Shim makes me smile.

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Still better than a Ponytar

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
Foreword written by Shims shrink strongly condemning the book and suggesting interested readers seek treatment as well, please.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Zeris posted:

Foreword written by Shims shrink strongly condemning the book and suggesting interested readers seek treatment as well, please.

This too.

Rekinom
Jan 26, 2006

~ shady midair gas hustler ~

~ good hair ~

~ colt 45 ~
I want one, personally signed.

Helldump Immunity.
Aug 2, 2013

Fuck you
Do something special for my book; it'll make up for the DHS SS interception :3:

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

Gimme

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
So I am slightly confused. Do you want original content for this book or is this a choice collection of crazy as balls forums post? How would you describe what you want your book to be?

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
Shim just keep a journal on the trail and print that. It'd be like Deep Thoughts by Jack Handy except written by an actual insane person instead of comedians. I'll absolutely buy one.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
I'd definitely be down for 1.

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001

KirbyKhan posted:

So I am slightly confused. Do you want original content for this book or is this a choice collection of crazy as balls forums post? How would you describe what you want your book to be?

It's going to be a somewhat honest and true narrative of events and experiences from mine and others adult lives being spent screaming silently and into that goddamn great indescribable void we've all loving come to know on our ribbon racks as "the global war on terror"

It's gonna be my (and any others who wish to contribute) own personal spit roasting of this 6th slaughter house we keep getting sucked back into over and over again.

And I think I'd like to write my own little Intel autism survivors guide with MRE style illustrations and descriptions with a rock (or something).

I got around a hundred pages of poo poo I think you guys could find honestly funny. I wanna put more than just shim scrawlings in here if it's gonna have the GiP name on it. I'm one (weird) guy who posts here and I don't got the ego to ever think a book with just my words would be a good enough representation of GiP to publish plus I'm hardly the funniest we've got here, and honestly not even our most crazy so a "just shim stories" book seems unbearably awful to me.

Then again those shim stories are somewhat true stories of my actual experiences, which certainly for me seemed varied from others, so you can see why the suicidal maniac in me doesn't see the corn in the turd on the "shim book" idea here. I'd much rather us make a GiP stories compilation/anthology and you guys lemme put it together for us and all of us that's good with words and funnies will clean it up and make it worth the buy for next holiday season.

There'll be plenty of shim stories, but I personally think more dicks under one shower head makes for a better book in the end. And what I want is a(nother) funny GiP book. If it turns out we got no takers to help me pick up the torch for a GiP anthology, I'll publish

"Shims Struggle: How to accidentally Cuck a dude during the global war on terror and bag your first half black chick at the same time."

Or

"Mein Foreskin, Nein Problems."

Or

"It's just HPV don't be a bitch about it."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Obama Africanus posted:

"Meine Dinge, Keine Problem"

• Locked thread