Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Ayesee sucks!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Up to the Elves
Nov 4, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
*looks down* AyeseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEee *slowly draws blade* OWNSS *chop the goons who say otherwise*

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 10 days!)

AC is okay I guess.

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Up to the Elves posted:

*looks down* AyeseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEee *slowly draws blade* OWNSS *chop the goons who say otherwise*

goons always skill backtrack first

Jamsque
May 31, 2009
Ayesee is just a big jolly dude in a hat with silly catchphrases, I can't hate him.

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Jamsque posted:

Ayesee is just a big jolly dude in a hat with silly catchphrases, I can't hate him.

*in ayesee radio voice* True That, my brother

Joda
Apr 24, 2010

When I'm off, I just like to really let go and have fun, y'know?

Fun Shoe
Does anyone know where the statement from secret and bigdaddy would turn up?

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

D2L has tables that can't fit 5 players without one being at an angle and the players get hotel chairs while the admins get the gaming chairs.

Klaus Kinski
Nov 26, 2007
Der Klaus

CampingCarl posted:

D2L has tables that can't fit 5 players without one being at an angle and the players get hotel chairs while the admins get the gaming chairs.

The best variation of this still belongs to dreamhack where one team got flashy gaming chairs and the other team had to sit on plastic garden chairs.

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

I was born and raised in China, lived in Japan, and now hold a US passport.

I am wrong in every way, all the damn time.

Ask me about my tattoos.
I don't understand why these people are STILL so massively inept. Haven't they had enough time to learn, yet? It's so unbelievable.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Is the audio desynced for anyone else?

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
Here live, busier room than past year.

People still go "OOHHHHHHHHH" over unremarkable ganks. I guess that's the "sports" part.

EDIT: Somebody by the door is playing League. :v

Craptacular! fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Jan 5, 2015

Jamsque
May 31, 2009

totalnewbie posted:

I don't understand why these people are STILL so massively inept. Haven't they had enough time to learn, yet? It's so unbelievable.

This tournament is effectively being run by Twitch and Amazon, remember.

Eejit
Mar 6, 2007

Swiss Army Cockatoo
Cacatua multitoolii

Craptacular! posted:

Here live, busier room than past year.

People still go "OOHHHHHHHHH" over unremarkable ganks. I guess that's the "sports" part.

It's at CES, I'm sure there are a lot of people who haven't watched any or a lot of pro Dota in the past and are hype for everything

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.
really nice bolas there wow

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

Does this axe even know how his ult works

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Red Red Blue posted:

Does this axe even know how his ult works

they probably wouldn't let him macro the health bar marker thing

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

Eejit posted:

It's at CES, I'm sure there are a lot of people who haven't watched any or a lot of pro Dota in the past and are hype for everything

That's maybe 30%. Its not the people mooing every time Mag charges.

Up to the Elves
Nov 4, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
HOW THE gently caress IS A TEAM WITH JUGG EMBER LOSING TO SPIRIT BREAKER TEAM

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

they probably wouldn't let him macro the health bar marker thing
Macro? Do you mean change the hp per tic on the bar or something else?

Up to the Elves
Nov 4, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
o man i missed ayesee's voice gdamn coming in to catch the rapier throw at the end of a game was wonderful

Eejit
Mar 6, 2007

Swiss Army Cockatoo
Cacatua multitoolii

The sound is so hosed up on this stream.

But glad to see VPP beat on CDEC, that was fun

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.
*crosses syber off list of gaming PC manufacturers to care about*

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

That commercial with Fear and Universe is actually pretty funny

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Is NightStalker good again? He was just first banned in DAC qualifiers.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

IcePhoenix posted:

Is NightStalker good again? He was just first banned in DAC qualifiers.

I don't think the pros know yet, he was first pick first ban right after the patch dropped but has been falling off since then; like, I don't think he was banned(and he definitely wasn't picked) in the cdec vpp game.

Eejit
Mar 6, 2007

Swiss Army Cockatoo
Cacatua multitoolii

CDEC was building a gank-focused team, they probably did want Nightstalker to cock block them with his ult. First p/b not sure if that was the best choice to let Illidan have Slark.

Jamsque
May 31, 2009

Eejit posted:

If you aren't going to get hype and shout why are you even going to a live event? This isn't golf, get loving loud.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

Jamsque posted:

If you aren't going to get hype and shout why are you even going to a live event? This isn't golf, get loving loud.

You can argue that you're wrecking the game if you go nuts over Roshan or Rapiers etc.

I walked in just now to see Dusa VS Naga. gently caress that. Might as well go eat lunch.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

holy poo poo that fight

Robo Turnus
Jul 12, 2006

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

Up to the Elves posted:

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
Somebody on CDEC does the ROTK thing of yelling loudly.

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

Craptacular! posted:

You can argue that you're wrecking the game if you go nuts over Roshan or Rapiers etc.

I walked in just now to see Dusa VS Naga. gently caress that. Might as well go eat lunch.

You're missing some amazing Demon doto.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Craptacular! posted:

Usually they make everyone wear make noise canceling headphones to prevent this. Although at TI4 the crowd gave away a level 1 roshan buy cheering so much the player's booths started shaking.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
Ayesee is almost as good at hype as Tobi but with the bonus of not being a racist sexist Australian idiot.

Also get Shaneomad more casting gigs

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

little munchkin posted:

Usually they make everyone wear make noise canceling headphones to prevent this. Although at TI4 the crowd gave away a level 1 roshan buy cheering so much the player's booths started shaking.
Which game was it given away? The players have said they don't know what people are cheering for at the start of a game.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Spirit Breaker in DAC qualifiers

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

CampingCarl posted:

Which game was it given away? The players have said they don't know what people are cheering for at the start of a game.

I forget I just remember someone complaining about it in an interview or on twitter or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BurningDance
Apr 27, 2010
I could never get hyped while listening to ayesee. A radio voice and hype just does not compliment each other well for my ears. It also does not help that he tries to hype up moments and he calls what is happening in the wrong way. Oh hey look, a fight broke out between both sides and then both sides start casually walking away so lets start hyping up how this hero could die. ... Nope, they are all walking away while he is trying to hype it up. This was long ago so he might have gotten better, but his style of cast is just not for me. Others may like him, but that's for them and my tastes are different.

• Locked thread