Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

weird toppings guy posted:

As much as I want EG to win TI, I hope they loose to a Secret Techies in the decider match

Why would you want PPD to get millions of dollars?

oh... OH!

So he'll retire from the game forever! Brilliant!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kznlol
Feb 9, 2013

Craptacular! posted:

I don't care about watching people quietly last hitting poo poo to the sounds of game SFX and silence (or more likely, an hour long mix of Sandstorm). I like to know things like the information Kotl wrote in his book there, as well as things like what players seem to be buying toward. This is because while I can look at guys last hitting and stunning guys and know what's going on without commentary, I don't have the whole item recipe system built into my head.

Thats why I have no issue with the color commentator guy, most of the time.

The kind of cast I'd be most interesting in watching is like 3 pros/ex-pros just talking about the game.

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

trashing commentators is the one thing consistent between all sports

RiskyChris
Jan 13, 2008
Awfully nice of the ice fraud to pair up Tobi and Waga because that makes choosing between conflicting matches extremely easy.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.
Trash talking commentators is the reason why we were given the greatest gift of all: https://www.firejoemorgan.com

Ambivalent
Oct 14, 2006

Craptacular! posted:

I don't have the whole item recipe system built into my head.

why not

there's literally a mini-game in client to do this

gtfo if u cant s rank shopkeeper's quiz

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 9 days!)

Ramagamma posted:

I dunno about American sports and how much the commentators are hated but I never hear any British folk clambering for the necks of Football commentators.

Matter of fact you'll find all Cricket commentators are highly revered, other than Shane Warne but then he's an Aussie. I challenge anyone to listen to Michael Holdings voice on a sunny day with the windows open and bird song in the air and not fall in love.

I really want Joe Buck to call Dota just so you euros can know NASports' pain.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

shoutouts to my boy chad.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

Peanut President posted:

I really want Joe Buck to call Dota just so you euros can know NASports' pain.
I suddenly want to hear Uncle Verne cast Dota.

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

kznlol posted:

Every NFL season there are articles about how horrendous certain commentator pairs are.

I think part of the issue is that for most people who have an understanding of the game the play-by-play caster is utterly superfluous. Certainly for me I basically can't listen to most of the more popular caster pairs because the amount of retarded poo poo the play-by-play guy says is way too distracting to me.

[edit] I could be biased though because I don't think any cast where spectators can actually see the game requires a play-by-play guy at all.
That the spectators can see the game is what makes it extra stupid when play by play casters constantly talk over their partner.

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

Why would you want PPD to get millions of dollars?

oh... OH!

So he'll retire from the game forever! Brilliant!
I half want EG to win because the only way to get more salt than PPD is the collective tears of all the people that want him to lose.

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

Can we get Bob Costas to interview Korok on live TV?

halwain
May 31, 2011
I really hope that EG looses their most important game against techies :allears:

Defiant Sally
May 6, 2004

Focus your Orochi.
So I bought 2 tickets to TI5 but my friend has flaked out on me and I don't really want to eat the cost of this extra ticket (we were gonna drive). Has anyone had any luck selling off tickets anywhere? If I can't sell them I actually might just give them away or try and trade them for an Arcana or some poo poo.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
PPD is a good drafter and an alright player who generally covers his weaknesses.

He is what EE should aspire to be.

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

PPD is underrated as a player IMO. If you actually watch him, his play is pretty drat good.

He's actually kind of like EE used to be when he supported in that he sometimes sacrifices his own farm maybe a bit too much

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.

Craptacular! posted:

PPD is a good drafter and an alright player who generally covers his weaknesses.

He is what EE should aspire to be.

PPD is a great player and is a huge part of the reason Aui is able to play so greedy and get so much attention for having items.

I mean this is the nicest way possible (and its applicable to me, you and almost everyone in this thread) but the idea of us understanding support well enough to say that the 5 position on the second best team in the world is just a "alright player" is kind of laughable.

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

I think Puppey said if you want to learn to be a good support watch PPD.

Apparently Bulba is coaching EG for TI?

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

CampingCarl posted:

I think Puppey said if you want to learn to be a good support watch PPD.

Apparently Bulba is coaching EG for TI?

That would explain why he was with them for those tweets about his id the other day

ChaosReaper
Feb 19, 2005
When a man lies he murders some part of the world. These are the pale deaths which men miscall their lives. All this I cannot bear to witness any longer. Cannot the kingdom of salvation take me home?

Man Draskyl got hosed. I was hoping he would get main stage games, but maybe this is a punishment for being a bit of a bitch last year.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat
Is Sing_Sing not going to be at Ti5? Did he get kicked out of every team before hand?

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

SIR FAT JONY IVES posted:

Is Sing_Sing not going to be at Ti5? Did he get kicked out of every team before hand?

He will be there but not as a player.

JollyPubJerk
Nov 10, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
ppd is a good player you just don't appreciate what a position 6 support can do with 0 farm in pro games if you think otherwise.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat
In the past couple weeks all the tourney games on Twitch and Hitbox have seen a lot of Tinker and Void being drafted. Maybe we'll get some Brew Master and Tide Hunter in there and we can have Ti4 Meta at Ti5.

I just really want a Pudge/Techies game with meathook into a mines/suicide combo. I really like Pudge and he never gets picked. Last time I saw him was in a Navi game about 10 months ago, and by 30 minutes there were two kills, since the other team was terrified and just 5-maned all over the map. Pudge got one initiation, the did a team wipe and the other team just GGed. I'll find the replay.

Here we go:

http://dotavods.com/cast1428-Evil-Geniuses-vs-Natus-Vincere-Best-of-3-Star-Ladder-Season-10-Finals-WB-Semi-Final

Super-NintendoUser fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Jul 24, 2015

Firebatgyro
Dec 3, 2010

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

attackmole posted:

shoutouts to my boy chad.

Is there a collection of all these team photos since I've only seen this one and the MVP Phoenix Ginyu Force posing and dangit I want more!

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

Srice posted:

Is there a collection of all these team photos since I've only seen this one and the MVP Phoenix Ginyu Force posing and dangit I want more!

https://twitter.com/DOTA2

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Thanks!

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008
Dendi.

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

Apparently Valve released detailed stats of all the teams. For the most part it seems like stuff players could have got anyway but things like wards and itemization specifics maybe not without dedicated stats people working for the team. Maybe it was only meant for casters but either way everyone has it now. Rtz says a caster leaked them so maybe Valve gave them to everyone so at least all the teams had the same info.

http://www.gosugamers.net/dota2/news/31911-valve-decides-to-release-the-international-5-statistics-guide

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
Who loving cares everyone buys the same poo poo anyway

Oh gently caress they buy BOOTS of SPEED???

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009

CampingCarl posted:

Apparently Valve released detailed stats of all the teams. For the most part it seems like stuff players could have got anyway but things like wards and itemization specifics maybe not without dedicated stats people working for the team. Maybe it was only meant for casters but either way everyone has it now. Rtz says a caster leaked them so maybe Valve gave them to everyone so at least all the teams had the same info.

http://www.gosugamers.net/dota2/news/31911-valve-decides-to-release-the-international-5-statistics-guide

Makes it more even for teams who can't afford a full time coach/statistician.

Tha_Joker_GAmer
Aug 16, 2006

stfu brown boy

JollyPubJerk
Nov 10, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ragingsheep posted:

Makes it more even for teams who can't afford a full time coach/statistician.

Yeah all I could think about is how some managers would be pissed with all their research they might've put in.

IncendiaC
Sep 25, 2011

CampingCarl posted:

This does seem more tailored towards casters than players so what RTZ said might have actually happened. And rather than risk drama so close to TI, valve just gave the entire thing to every team.

RiskyChris
Jan 13, 2008
Are there Korean casters at the venue? Dollars to donuts it was a CIS/Korean/Chinese personality who leaked the documents.

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
I still think it's impossible to watch any video where PPD is casting or providing commentary at 50% speed without cracking up. He sounds like the saltiest stoner to ever toke up.

Ambivalent
Oct 14, 2006

RiskyChris posted:

Are there Korean casters at the venue? Dollars to donuts it was a CIS/Korean/Chinese personality who leaked the documents.

Why? Every time a lobby password is leaked at a tournament or something it is because Complexity or ehug or some NADota team got eliminated and doesn't care anymore and handed it out to a friend to do something funny, it isn't like Western teams and casters are above this stuff

Ambivalent fucked around with this message at 10:59 on Jul 25, 2015

RiskyChris
Jan 13, 2008
NAdota is poo poo but it's not like grandgrant is an invited caster.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

l

RiskyChris posted:

NAdota is poo poo but it's not like grandgrant is an invited caster.

lol if you don't think zyori or tobi did this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Killed a Girl in 96
Jun 15, 2001

DON'T STOP CAN'T STOP
Someone organize an SA Meetup at TI5 so I can drink and gently caress around with other people and goof off a bunch.

• Locked thread