Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG

You watch Twitch chat too!? (I still don't understand the kappa thing).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG

Red Red Blue posted:

It's a guy's face

Yeah I still don't get it but then again I don't understand Twitch chat all that much. Just seems like a lot of spamming and bullshit. I always smirk to myself a little bit when I see in a news article on Twitch mentions viewers can ask pros questions and get answers from them on their stream when really it's just a bunch of morons copying and pasting whatever the previous monkey wrote. Then again I am old so :shrug:

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG
Reddit is calling DAC The Oriental :captainpop:

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG
What are the odds that N0tail builds an aghs? Please do it big daddy :ohdear:

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG

Tendronai posted:

How is c9 even in the american division, they're four euros and EE.

Move Chelsea to the Russia league?

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG
Confirmed: PPD not Dendi

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG
I am glad someone tried the Pudge hooking to deny the mid range. I had a feeling it was possible but never spent the time doing it. But watching the enemy mid walk up to the jungle pull the creep wave + the on-coming wave to form a double wave and get the creeps under your tower was really loving bad.

I wonder if EG ran into that in scrims and the mid just blanked on trying to block or if in scrims no one bothered to try to steal the wave. I don't don't know either way but that seemed like it took the wings out of their sails.

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG
That turn :vince:

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG

im gay posted:

EG sucks lol

NA Dota Worst Confirmed

e:
It sounds like there are 10 kids in this audience. Are they casting in a living room?

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG

Watch and Weight

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG
Scheduled lunch at the same time as the DAC tournament game today. :regd08:

Enigma89 fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Jan 6, 2015

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG

Brain Fog posted:

Ayesee is really just the worst god drat caster. I saw Waga walking around a bit, they should have just put him on the mic.

He's not Tobi so he can't be the worst.

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG
Akroma, Arise, Tucker & Sing best pro team ever.

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG
Why do people always bet for Navi when they play vs PR. I don't understand.

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG
Necro too strong vs this poo poo. Agreed with needing AA but I am sure their lanes would of been weak as poo poo with an AA though.

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG
Aghs refresher NP + Spectre + Zeus :vince:

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG
Navi has the worst luck versus dream coils at that particular spot on the map :negative:

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG
Any chance PR beats Alliance?

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG

TheRat posted:

Its pr, theres always a chance they beat anyone.

Alright gently caress it. I am hoping Alliance chokes. I am betting my hats on PR. Let's do it boys.

e:
nevermind the odds went more toward the middle. gently caress me. Why can't I find a good bet to place this tournamnet. They are all too close to call.

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG
Beyond the Schedule well done.

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG

Drunk Canuck posted:

Win me some hats, PR. I belief.

Me too brother

e:
We loving lost :suicide:

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG
I am betting on the sole assumption that Pajkatt throws this game hard with his unfamiliarity with the team. :shrug:

e:
LOL that was perfect timing. Thanks Pedro :swoon:

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG

TheRat posted:

Pajkatt has been playing with alliance for a while, and knows akke/loda/egm very well. He also did fantastic in his storm spirit game earlier today, but he does seem to make a few bad calls right now.

Really? poo poo this is the first game I have seen him play with Alliance so I assumed it was the first one. Hopefully I get lucky here.

Either way this Troll is scary.

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG
Did this wisp get his bloodstone before storm spirit? :vince:

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG

TheRat posted:

Storm spirit still has almost twice his networth

Yes but Wisp has a bloodstone :stare:

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG
One more game boys. Please PR do it baby, give me my hats :allears:

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG
Yuggernaut picked. Looks like we are going to game 3 :negative:

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG
Veno pick here

:stare: Dusa :stare:

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG
I can almost taste my new hats :getin:

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG

Goodpancakes posted:

People are betting on alliance?

yep. PR were the under dogs but not by much.

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG
I am half tempted to go for Tinker to beat Navi. Am I crazy?

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG

Not a terrible haul for a small bet, thank you [A] boys. :toot: I started this tournament with $3, goal is to win an arcana. :ohdear:

Elyv posted:

both teams bad, who knows

I think navi are favored but I'm not sure
Navi are the favourites.

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG

Petey Golfsystem posted:

don't bet on that match imo

If Tinker drops into the 30s then I will go for it but it's too close to call right now.

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG

Wezlar posted:

I think Polar is an incredibly good bet as an underdog vs Empire. I wouldn't bet on Tinker vs Navi because Tinker just had a lineup shuffle and Navi has been pretty bad since the shuffle original post TI shuffle. Maybe if Tinker dips below 40% I'd put a bet on them though.

I was thinking the same but I am not sure who VP.Polar is and who VP is now. So I am not quite sure

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG

Wezlar posted:

VP Polar is probably the best CIS team right now. At the very least they're the most consistent. With the shuffle they might even be the best EU team besides Secret depending on how things with C9 shake out. They lost the D2L final to LV Gaming but beat EG to get there, they finished 2nd in Dota Pit to Secret, they were good in Dreamleague but got eliminated by old EG/C9,

Any idea why people are betting against them so hard?

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Both VP squads are solid.

VP has G, BZZ, yol, sedoy and Jotm

Polar has FNG, Illidan Storm Rage, Mag, Lil, and DK phobos
Okay I am game, bet made. Odds are 39% for VPP right now. 11 out of 14 bets won so far :toot:

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG

Taffer posted:

can we nip this whole betting thing in the bud? it's really boring and is basically the prodota thread version of scoreboard.jpg - no one but you cares that you won a bet.

Alright instead we can talk about :

1) How lovely computers are at LANs

Taffer posted:

why has every single tournament since TI4 been a complete loving disaster, both online and at LAN

How hard is it to keep 10 computers running and connected to the internet, jesus

2) Talking about streamer's and their internet connections

Taffer posted:

that's beside the point, the issue is obviously not that their connection can't upload a single stream. their computers are either just failing in some way or losing connection to the server constantly. I've been watching this stream for 40 minutes and the game has been paused for 30 of that

3) Empty Quoting Memes

The idea that people blindly place bets on 'favourite' teams regardless of the the shuffle and past (bad) performances is something of interest. At least 5x more interesting than talking about a 30 minute pause, reposting images and internet connection chat.

Out of those 4 things mentioned only one of them is mentioned in the OP (betting). This post more or less a slower and more legible version of Twitch chat with some people reacting to games with some discussion about betting, team shuffles and performances sprinkled in between.

If you want to narrow it down to broke rear end computers, broke rear end internet and meme re-posting then go for it (please don't).

Enigma89 fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Jan 9, 2015

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG

stringball posted:

I don't even know who to root for at this years International.

I went with alliance last 2, but I feel like there's only 2 scary teams.

Whos lookin hot this year?

Secret could be scary. Vici looks solid. C9 who knows. There was a giant reshuffle between the big teams (EG,Secret,C9).

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG

Lieutenant Hoffman posted:

His casts are always hilarious. Being a fan of EE is like being a fan of Xboct, sometimes they are brilliant and other times you don't have any idea what they were thinking.

I honestly have more fun watching some 4k guy flame EE and random a 5th hero when EE is spamming a hero suggestion.

I spend more time watching Sing stream, he just goes with the motion.

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG

Majuju posted:

get souls, get money

loving love Shadowfriend

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG

Sphyre posted:

game of the year

Pretty rude of them to play the game of the year during working hours in the US. :colbert:

• Locked thread