Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

If I die before I Wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.
It owns seeing Space Cow being picked a ton in pro games. Dude is the best hero.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

Time for the new EG.

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

Wezlar posted:

PPD probably ecstatic to be able to draft Ember Spirit

I don't think Arteezy could have played much worse.

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

PPD Pudge.

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

I remember when Lifestealer was a top tier carry. Now it is just sad watching him get kited around worthlessly in every fight. Might have helped if Mag hit a single hook in the last 15 minutes, but the force staffs meant it probably wouldn't matter much.

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

Red Red Blue posted:

That was an interesting blink by Illidan

That is like the third time Illidan has blinked alone into the enemy team and just died.

e: Thankfully for them, Juggernaut just melts.

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

You just can't stop the Space Cow.

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

that one guy posted:

Illidan just seems so dominant. Does he just shine above his teammates more than most carry players or is he actually among the best (if not the best) pro carry players?

Illidan reminds me a lot of old Xboct. Super aggressively and efficiently farming the map, amassing a huge nw advantage, and dominating the late game. He also has a habit of occasionally making supremely dumb decisions leading to bad deaths which play a large part in costing his team the game.

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

Seeing manly heroes like Axe, Troll, and Nightstalker is such a wonderful thing.

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

Alohadance has played so amazingly well this game. A good Disruptor is such a powerful force.

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

So manly.

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

that one guy posted:

Who the heck is NiP? I haven't heard much of them. I thought Polar was good but they're getting clowned on.

They were Lajons until recently.

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

I forgot how awesome Ursa was.

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

This Terrorblade is so useless without a BKB.

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

As fun as some of these matches have been, in 3 days we have only had a single series that wasn't 2-0. Hopefully we get a good series before the end.

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

HGH posted:

Shoot, I left after the Warlock game that was doomed for VPP, I didn't know this was a Bo5. Dang. How was the last game?

Imagine sitting in your jungle during a Nightstalker night with 0 vision anywhere on the map and an enraged fishman coming after you.

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

ZZZorcerer posted:

Jugg I know that it's being buffed patch after patch. Did Axe and Troll changed a lot in the recent patches or is it just a meta thing ?

Troll got some really nice buffs in 6.83 with the change to fervor the max attack speed. Axe is mostly a meta change.

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

That was the clowniest game I have seen in a long while.

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

Refresher Qop and an Aghs Lina. NIPs squishy BKB cores did not have a fun time.

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

Playing as a support against a core Lina must be the worst thing ever. 100 to 0 instantly.

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

The Real Foogla posted:

shouldnt zai go for hex instead of aghs?

Aghs is really good against the AM, Bloodseeker, and Venge. 4.5 Second stun if you blink or swap out of the coil, while not giving a drat about bkb.

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

Losing mid rax at 15 minutes before losing a tier 1 tower in either other lane. Lycan Dota.

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

I have never seen a team throw their lives away repeatedly like EHOME just did. That was like 9 kills over the duration of that Roshan.

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

That Phoenix Clock combo was really awesome. Drop the egg and use hook/cog when they try to get to it, trapping some dudes in the radius and knocking everyone else away from the egg.

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

KOTLGuy so delighted to see a KOTL picked by IG in this IG/Secret game.

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

Such a smart game plan from EG. Keep the SF down and it doesn't matter how many creeps AM kills, Doom is still gonna render him useless.

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

Enigma89 posted:

Who won? Secret? I watched the first 2-3 minutes but had to step out.

Secret did. It was close for a while, but Secret took a pair of absurdly onesided fights and EG called it.

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

That Beastmaster pick won the game for Rave.

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

Knifegrab posted:

So I am confused, there was a three way tie for the last qualifying place right? But now the tie breaker is tied? Are all the matches done for the day?

Another round of tiebreakers tomorrow. Godz is a broken man.

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

Turtle Sandbox posted:

All this talk about sniper picks seems crazy who decided he is good?

New Shrapnel is secretly a very strong ability.

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

Funn1k has left Navi.

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

Also, DotaPit is back with Fire vs NIP.

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

Team Tinker disbanded and reformed as North American team Water Boys

qojqva
BuLba'
JerAx
patsoul
wayto

I got nothing.

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

Newest update added PL to Captain's Mode.

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

You know a game is over when a DD PA is diving your T4 towers while the T2 is still up.

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

KOTLGuy has officially joined BTS full time.

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

Visage Rampage to end it. Drow + Visage so good.

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

In fairness, the Summit usually only has like 6 teams in it. If you have more than just the previous winner directly invited you might as well just invite all 6 teams and skip all qualifiers.

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

dotapit posted:

Today during the Dota Pit match after an over 15 minute pause (the Dota Pit rule limit) Arteezy entered the stream chat.

Arteezy has been given a formal warning and will issue a public apology for his actions. This is because we do not believe that Artour’s intentions were malicious, nor did he have any intention to stream cheat.

The reasoning for this is as follows:

We do not believe that Artour viewed the stream video feed, only the stream chat. We believe this was an innocent lapse of judgement.

However, this being said, we are going to make clarifications to our rules to make sure this is much clearer moving forward. It should be clear now that being in the stream chat is not acceptable during a match. If this happens again, the punishment will be much harsher.

Previously the only relevant rule in the ruleset is:

Teams are not allowed to view streams of the tournament while playing a match

And the punishment policy is very flexible: "The level of punishment depends on the violation and may include warning, technical loss, or disqualification from the tournament.”

The ruleset is available here (and will be amended shortly): https://docs.google.com/document/d/1iQ6zEOs9da6raW-6jn8FYr7fnXRcO7zIp1X8mKruEfs/edit?usp=sharing

If we ever believe that a player or a team takes ANY action that is considered to be malicious or an attempt to cheat, the player will be DQ’d from the current season of Dota Pit. If the team also takes part, or has knowledge of the action and does not come forward, they will also be DQ’d from the current season of Dota Pit.

We also believe that Secret showed consistently good sportsmanship throughout the series. Secret had the option to unpause the game after 15 minutes. Cyborgmatt, the manager, insisted on waiting longer for Empire to reconnect, and even offered to reschedule the game as opposed to continuing the game 5v3.

Comparisons to the uG situation are not valid. These situations can not be compared. uG’s circumstances were very different:

Had history of potentially malicious action
Lied about the incident when confronted about the action
Had explicit video evidence of them viewing the video feed
Had shown poor sportsmanship in previous instances of possible malicious intent

Again, with the evidence presented to us, we came to the conclusion that it was not Artour’s intention to cheat using the stream. A serious warning has been given, and we want to reiterate that if a situation were ever to arise, we will handle it with the severity that it deserves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

Pro Dota Season 7 - always bring regen to lane

• Locked thread