Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009

Fecha posted:

What a time to bet on VG :negative: Is this just the lack of ice3 or are they out of form these days?

They looked a bit rough against HGT in round 1 as well.

e. Tide is carrying this game.

Ragingsheep fucked around with this message at 12:02 on Jan 3, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009
N0tail and Misery to c9 confirmed I guess
http://i.imgur.com/OzU40gC.jpg

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009

CampingCarl posted:

Which game was it given away? The players have said they don't know what people are cheering for at the start of a game.

The game that knocked C9 out I think vs. VG in the lower bracket.

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009
Was Bone7 in the safelane as Spec? 30mins Rad.

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009

Tendronai posted:

How is c9 even in the american division, they're four euros and EE.

Probably because they want C9 to attend the event.

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009

Craptacular! posted:

By the by, in case there was any doubt that NaVi controls Secret, the announcement picture released by Secret announcing Zai and Arteezy is in the exact same style as the introducing FNG/Vanskor graphic months ago.

Which pic?

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009

Isn't that just photoshopped?

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009

mfcrocker posted:

Who's actually good post-shuffle? I kinda stopped paying attention to Chinese doto

Still Newbee and VG up until post Summit 2. Other teams have looked good here and there but don't have the consistency. Still Chinese reshuffle is coming soon so this might be all moot soon.

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009

Joda posted:

What I mean to say is, wouldn't it make more sense to kick kuroky and keep n0tail as their 5? I was in no way trying to comment on the merits of rtz or kky as carries.

Kky and Puppey are good friends so Kky is never going to go while Puppey is still on the team.

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009

Taffer posted:

why has every single tournament since TI4 been a complete loving disaster, both online and at LAN

How hard is it to keep 10 computers running and connected to the internet, jesus

Apparently very hard.

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009
Don't really get the Huskar pick.

Nice bait by n0tail there.

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009
C9 gonna lose this. Drafting only 1 core against a Doom.

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009
Hmm. I turn away for 2 secs and everyone on Fire is dead.

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009

Craptacular! posted:

On a normal day I'm fine with LV, but their SEA standins really carried them through tough games.

Demon and the Russian Boy Band are the champions of my heart.

Mushi and Ohyio are now full time members of LV (possibly changing to EHOME soon).

They're standins the same way n0tail and Misery are standins on C9.

e: egm back on Alliance. No Bulldog

https://www.reddit.com/r/DotA2/comments/2rltg0/alliance_roster_released_for_dac/

Ragingsheep fucked around with this message at 07:50 on Jan 7, 2015

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009
Is VPP a good bet against Empire? They were pretty good with Demon at D2L.

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009

mfcrocker posted:

See how the line changes as it gets closer to game day. In theory I like it but it's too early to bet.

Ah, I didn't realise it was an extra day from now.

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009
Navi should really just bite the bullet and get rid of Xboct and drop Dendi too if he won't play without Xboct.

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009
If you want a value bet, consider HGT currently at 31% vs LGD. They got 2-0'd by in the winner bracket finals but managed to take down Vici 2-1 in the lower brackets and outside of Newbee, Chinese dota is pretty unpredictable among the Tier 1/1.5 teams.

Ragingsheep fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Jan 9, 2015

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009
kky and puppey come as a package. You can't have one without the other.

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009
That was a loving game.

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009
What a throw by PR.

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009
Someone is live transcribing this on reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/DotA2/comments/2shbcx/live_transcript_arteezys_thoughts_on_the_drama/

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009
What's going on with HR? They looked really good at the DAC quals.

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009
lol...https://twitter.com/v1lat/status/556426178714947584

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009
That last Rosh was some clowny poo poo by Illidan and Polar.

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009

CampingCarl posted:

Tinker is not part of Alliance. Part of the reason Alliance was formed was to have different sponsors and requirements on the players than EG did.

I don't know where you got the idea that GGA is worried about SingSing moving to Hitbox or or his stream revenue. They care that their teams and sponsors are seen, which is why they do things like require some players to stream, make them do interviews, use sponsor products, memoriz all the sponsors on their shirt, ect. EG is really good at branding and marketing.

EG is now owned by Twitch which means that they'd probably care if their own players were streaming on a rival site.

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009
They've been boot camping; except for Sumil who's been stuck at school.

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009
The only people live casting from DAC will be the Chinese. SLTV is also doing it from home.

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009

Taffer posted:

DotaCinema, but only because of Synderen. But GDStudio is a perfectly legit answer, they are entertaining in addition to having good casts.

Good thing that Synd will be at the BTS studio then.

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009

Kild posted:

How did BTS not get the same forewarning as the players?

BTS said that Perfect World sent them their official documentation late.

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009
No mention of Empire when talking about Western teams?

Also, there's no real point talking about invites for the Chinese teams until after Chinese New Year since a lot of the rosters will be changing significantly. Rumors are that Black is gonna get kicked from VG and fy wants to play carry.

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009

Powerful Wizard IRL posted:

So Wisp can extend tether range with blink? :pwn:

It's a bug/exploit/quirk that Valve hasn't bothered to fix.

RiskyChris posted:

Is DotaTV supposed to be this delayed? I don't remember ever watching a Chinese tournament over DotaTV so I have no idea if this is normal.

DotaTV has issues with the Great Firewall of China so unless you have a Chinese VPN, its usually better to just stream it from BTS.

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009

RiskyChris posted:

I'm getting pretty OK performance in DotaTV otherwise which is a shame. It seems nearly exactly 5 minutes delayed compared to Twitch (accounting for twitch delay), which I think actually matches a broadcasting option? I wonder if that's a delay they chose.

Oh that delay.

DotaTV for normal spectators is on a 6 mins delay. DotaTV for spectators in a casting slot is in real time which then has a minor delay when streaming to Twitch.

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009

Werner-Boogle posted:

Why is Axe picked and banned so much? What makes him so good compared to other initiators?

AOE disable that goes through BKB. Kinda like a weaker version of RP and arguably better version of Duel but Call is only on a 10s cooldown.

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009

Brain Fog posted:

Where are they uploading the VODS for DAC?

https://www.youtube.com/user/beyondthesummittv/videos

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009
Lumi's back?

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009

Kyrosiris posted:

Newbee in ruins

Gonna do a repeat of TI4.

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009

Kainser posted:

Newbee should spend less time doing weird promos

Nah, they should stop playing MMOs and actually practice some Dota.

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009

Kainser posted:

So wait, the russian casting studio managed to get to China but BTS hosed it up? :ughh:

Where'd you see that? According to their Twitter, they're still casting from Kiev, just they have a few people over there for interviews and stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009

Pureauthor posted:

What happened to Newbee

Too busy playing MMOs rather than playing any Dota outside of actual tournaments.

• Locked thread