Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
docLeder
Oct 27, 2004
New EG, but also C9 with Chen. I'm torn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

docLeder
Oct 27, 2004
Well, watching C9 getting stomped was usually something I used to enjoy, but n0tail!

docLeder
Oct 27, 2004

No Safe Word posted:

I initially wanted to say "if ayesee just stuck to play-by-play instead of trying to impart Dota knowledge, he'd be fine" but after watching D2L poo poo lately he is actually pretty bad at PBP stuff even now. He just gets poo poo wrong, like who got a kill, or he'll go "and <so and so> is gonna go down as well ......" *guy uses wand and walks away* "... oh! They don't get him!"

That annoyed me too with ayesee during D2L, cant count how many times he went "He's going to go down!.....no"

docLeder
Oct 27, 2004
Thats Illidan for you
sometimes dying in clowny ways
then he dives
making gigantic plays

LD poetry

docLeder
Oct 27, 2004

No Safe Word posted:

VP Polar just wants a do-over I guess`

Oh hey Axe! You aren't as farmed as last game, here, take some kills!

docLeder
Oct 27, 2004

Nasgate posted:

Oh Zyori, please keep breathing into the mic

and talking

docLeder
Oct 27, 2004
Carpenters nightmare this match, so many hammers dropped.

docLeder
Oct 27, 2004

Where?!

docLeder
Oct 27, 2004
Drop sentries

docLeder
Oct 27, 2004
This dota is good dota

docLeder
Oct 27, 2004
s4 zai hit squad

docLeder
Oct 27, 2004
kuro rampage with stolen freezing field, calling it.

docLeder
Oct 27, 2004
I think the casters are a bit wrong with how much impact techies had. CM died twice to mines while trying to ward, and the rest of the game just ran around trying to find other mine clusters. It distracts from roaming the map carefree, you cant just smoke up, you have to check that you don't run into mines while trying to gank etc.

docLeder
Oct 27, 2004
raxx assassins

docLeder
Oct 27, 2004

Luna Was Here posted:

been out of town and away from a computer all weekend has secret been doing good and by proxy has artwizzlers been good

They're currently 6-0. Zai has had some games where he made some alot of crazy plays, rtz hit creeps then buildings.

docLeder
Oct 27, 2004
Is there seriously four "grown" men discussing harry potter? (say the dude watching people play videogames)

docLeder
Oct 27, 2004
Nothing happening but farming for most of the game, but drat, this was one of the most exciting games yet.

docLeder
Oct 27, 2004

Craptacular! posted:

Cloud 9 fails

docLeder
Oct 27, 2004
Go n0tail! I guess...

docLeder
Oct 27, 2004

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Dendi's interview with sheever is really good, also explains their first day losses since I remember dendi making some real dumb plays. I'm actually hoping they do really well and face secret in a bo3.

Got a link to the interview?

docLeder
Oct 27, 2004
We have so many team fight ults that we can just throw them around uselessly, and still win

docLeder
Oct 27, 2004
That kraken must make the saddest beastmaster

docLeder
Oct 27, 2004
Secret bait EE into overconfidence, easy 2 wins now

docLeder
Oct 27, 2004
s4 please get a bkb

docLeder
Oct 27, 2004
Now put s4 against sumail mid so that young whipper snapper can eat his words

docLeder
Oct 27, 2004
Hookers and blow, fear, hookers and blow

docLeder
Oct 27, 2004

LordHippoman posted:

So, I recently discovered that I like having DOTA games in the background while I type up papers and poo poo. I also like getting dumb hats and have a lot of steam bux I could either spend on something I'll never have time to play, or things I like. So, the Tickets are a pretty cool system.

Since this is the Pro Dota thread, I thought it would be a good place to ask, what tickets in the shop should I buy to get some matches to watch? I like the ones that come with cosmetics or couriers, but it's not a flat out requirement. I don't really care about skill level either, but having english casters is a must. Current VS Past is also not a huge deal because I almost always just watch the replays anyway.

If you dont have the DAC compendium, get that. For me it was the tournament with the most interesting/fun games in a while.

Also most vods of tournament matches you'll find on youtube.

docLeder
Oct 27, 2004

Wezlar posted:

I like that Spirit breaker is somehow in the meta now but if they removed Brood would anyone be disappointed at all?

You clearly didnt see Zai zapping people with eblade and dagon 5. Brood is awesome!

docLeder
Oct 27, 2004
PL picker in HR vs Secret

docLeder
Oct 27, 2004
KoTL + PL is back in style!

docLeder
Oct 27, 2004
stacking enemy ancients three times, clear them then block them, thats some bm.

docLeder
Oct 27, 2004
Just caught up with some secret games, and drat, kuroky pulls some trick out of the hat with rubick.

docLeder
Oct 27, 2004
Can't they get necro 3, spawn spawn an army in one lane, bot to another and just force it? I dunno, I think i just would do _something_ after 2 hours.

docLeder
Oct 27, 2004

Goetta posted:

Troll and Sniper
Sniper and Troll
Troll and Sniper
Sniper and Troll
Troll and Sniper
Sniper and Troll
Troll and Sniper
Sniper and Troll
Troll and Sniper
Sniper and Troll

This minus troll was all my pubgames when i started playing.

Also just because C9 got megas, don't count out their ability to lose casters!

and i as i write that the gg's come out :/

docLeder
Oct 27, 2004

docLeder
Oct 27, 2004
Io, sange and blink

docLeder
Oct 27, 2004
Instant replay, brought to you by the eye of Sauron

docLeder
Oct 27, 2004
Re buybacks, after 60 min it gets free, but you lose one inventory slot

docLeder
Oct 27, 2004

FlyinPingu posted:

if you dieback you die in real life

Thats a bit harsh, but maybe if you get the kill on the dieback you get insta swatted and have to finish the game before they rush your house?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

docLeder
Oct 27, 2004
Nice to see that they dress professional for that event. Except Tobi who seems like he had to plaster his suit up with dota pins, so he look like some mayor of nerdtown.

• Locked thread