Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Casu Marzu posted:

Whose post?

:bahgawd:

Asians all jook the same

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Casu Marzu posted:

Always congee

Congee with cubed/crisped back bacon, roasted garlic mushrooms, fried shallots, crispy egg, also dressed with a big handful of spring onion, chili crisp, black vinegar and dark soy

That's like, lumberjack congee. Like a chinese man has to eat it wearing a red flannel shirt

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat

GrAviTy84 posted:

speaking of which, this is my fav century egg challenge video because dude tries it once by itself and it was, surprise, too strong and he hated it. So he took people's advice of eating them with congee and his opinion was completely different:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nas1XlsEWgw

I wish I had a tail to carry donuts now.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat

Small breakfast jook

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat

Dinner congee #1: green onions, lao gan ma, chinese sausage

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
Yes/no in congee:

Bok choy?

Bamboo?

Snow fungus?

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat

Congee dinner 2: random poo poo

Pork sung, snow fungus, scallions, century egg, old unhappy woman sauce

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
Btw these Taiwanese century eggs suck and are not completely cured so even if they're full of arsenic and lead I'm going to buy chinese next time.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
Show off.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
http://www.somethingawful.com/comedy-goldmine/saddest-food-goons/8/

quote:

Growing up my Mom was a terrible, terrible cook. Combined with the fact that my family was barely paying the bills, each meal was either buttered noodles, mac and cheese, or the cheapest cut of pork cooked until it was burnt to "make sure it was safe." I always jumped at the chance to eat at a friend's house whenever I could. Other families used spices! Meat cooked properly! And SALADS! Holy poo poo, I remember my first salad. loving life-changing.

One day in High School I came home to find my Mom pulling a quiche out of the oven. A quiche. One of the best ones I had ever eaten in my life. Confused, I asked if Dad cooked for once.

Nope. It was Mom. Turns out she's a fantastic cook. Dad even pulled out her old '70s cookbook. It was filled with amazing, yet cheap (since they were poor hippies at the time) recipes, all written in my Mom's terrible handwriting. He told me that after Mom had her first kid she simply 'gave up' cooking since kids wouldn't know any better. After that one quiche she remarked how it was harder than she remembered and went back to noodles and overcooked pork.

That was the last and only time I tasted my Mom's cooking.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
Tell your coworker that she's fake chinese and that lao gan ma is delicious in congee

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat

mindphlux posted:

the most confusing part is why someone would be surprised that you'd heard of chili oil - which is a pretty loving basic chinese/cantonese condiment - and not surprised that you had heard of congee.

Because you're white and she'd be right to assume you didn't know about lao gan ma 99% of the time

• Locked thread