Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arrion
Aug 2, 2010
You are insane to be taking this on. I'll be watching closely. Around 10 years ago we had a spot to leave this set up for a long time, but we never got past early 42 without someone failing their player morale check.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arrion
Aug 2, 2010
If we're picking lucky chits, I'll take the GD ARM corps.

Arrion
Aug 2, 2010
I meant the German GD (Grossduetschland), not the Russian 1 GD (1st Guards).

EDIT: and in general, ground units are Corps in this game. Only a few divisions are represented. For the US, I know the 1st-3rd Infantry, 1st-2nd Armored, 1st-2nd Marine, 10th Mountain, and 82nd and 101st Airborne have counters. I don't know if any other divisions do.

Arrion fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Jan 14, 2015

Arrion
Aug 2, 2010
Basically you have to build ships twice. The first phase represents the hull and the second fitting out. When you first start building a ship, you put it on the production track face down, and when that's done it goes into a "build pool" box. The second time, it goes on the track face up, and arrives on the map when completed. The ship counters show two build costs, one for each phase. And the time listed is the time for each phase. So a battleship that takes 6 turns for each phase will take two full years to build, start to finish.

You can accelerate building units from later years if you run out of units to build from the current date by paying extra build points. I don't remember the details on this, so will will have to answer that. From what I remember, this is common when playing just the base game with "only" 1200 counters, but when you add in a bunch of expansions there's usually something better to build.

Arrion
Aug 2, 2010
I'm pretty sure that markus_cz is correct. Czechoslovakia is aligned so that Germany can use the blue factories there, and so the Allies cannot liberate it separately. That does not mean that Germany gets any of the Czech units. At least, that's how it worked in every version of the game I ever played, and matches the actual history.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arrion
Aug 2, 2010
And to clarify, I am including the scenario that runs to 1950 and has the western allies fighting the russians after the historical war. Basically to use the Czech (and Austrian) units you have to play a scenario that starts before 1939.