Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler
I was strangely hoping Neo-Nazi Keanu Reeves would get to join the BSD. He's so polite and (seemingly) sincere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler

Mars4523 posted:

I really liked Chayton and Nola's talk.

"I Am The Tribe" sounds like a dumb thing to say but Chayton really sells it. Everyone this episode (and prehaps the entire show) is dealing with their own tribe. It may be family, hometown or tightly knit crew but it's all pretty much the same.
-Proctor literally steals his mother back from the tribe that exiled him
-Rebecca starts kneecapping fools when they insult her family
-Nola and Carrie greet each other as the lost daughters of their tribe
-Stowe laments the loss of his tribal brothers in Afghanistan
-Gordon and Deva are lost and seeking someone to connect with
-The Florida Nazi who tries to get rid of his old tribe and their tribal markings by coming back to his hometown

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler
Odette Annable is a lead on another show and with Banshee being filmed way out in the countryside I doubt they could have had her on for longer. Burn twice as bright and all that. Towards the end of the fight I kind of thought Burton would spare her as a fellow troubled soul but it was not meant to be.

I hope Brock and his ex get a chance to talk about the crazy day they had at work.

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler
As soon as they showed some random people at the police station I thought Assault on Precinct Banshee and it sure as hell delivered. The next one will probably be the 'so many squibs' one that was mentioned. And then it's just episode 5, what the hell can they do the rest of the season unless it's the station siege in real time ?

Loved the opening Cinemax engine roar replaced by the sound of the badge spinning. They do so many interesting things with standard openings.

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler

Strabo4 posted:

God-loving damnit.

Yeah. For a split second I thought it would end with Hood and Siobhan both taken captive by Chayton but no..... All those gorgeous closeups in their last conversation just add more salt to the wound.

I did like the extra depth they gave Bunker and DA Medding this episode. Medding seems an unlikely new love for Hood though seeing her with her wife/girlfriend at the end.

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler

VDay posted:

Banshee renewed for fourth season, will be 8 episodes instead of 10.

And they're moving production to Pittsburgh so everything can be blown up in the finale. The Forge, Proctor's mansion, that dump Hood lives in and most of the town.

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler
The FBI team lead (Simmons from Person of Interest) seems to have been cast from the same mold as Col. Stowe with the steely eyes. He worked well as a spanner in the works for Hood without being the usual bossy and/or dumb Fed who barges in and ruins everything. Ruining everything is Hood's job and he was in fine form today. If he had stayed back Chayton would be in a federal prison now and all the people who will die taking Chayton down would have lived.

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler

qbert posted:

There was something very satisfying about each of those dudes getting the poo poo kicked out of them.

They were extremely lucky Carrie brought Gordon and not Hood.

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler
Clearing out all the enlisted men from Camp Genoa leaves it clear to be the final thunderdome for:
-Team Hood
-Team Colonel Terminator and his mercs
-Kai's crew
-Rebecca's MS-13 buddies
-The guys who took Kai
-Burton the 1-man army
-Any remaining Redbones
-Bunker's old Nazi buddies

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Proctor could be the protagonist. :v:

He's just a business man who is trying to build a life for himself after leaving his family and church, then this dangerous invincible psychopath shows up and everything turns to poo poo.

Proctor is a little more then just a businessman. In episode 2 he does a literal 'Smithers, release the hounds' on some flunky while eating a steak.

edit: that flunky was Wesley from Daredevil which makes it even worse.

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler

LORD OF BUTT posted:

e: Anna with a flamethrower and Proctor with a loving chainsaw holy god damned balls this is going to be the best thing ever

There must be some kind of list with murder methods they're ticking off and there were the last few. Everything else from rocket launchers to attack dogs has already been seen.

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler

LORD OF BUTT posted:

Wait what they delayed it?

What the gently caress why

The squibs factory had to expand their production capacity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler
Strike Back also changes the setting to a new country three or four times a season to make it even more fast paced.

• Locked thread