Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

:siren: You can participate in this as a playtester if you aren't available to play! :siren:

Mafia Games don’t do it for you anymore, you need the harder stuff now. You need Survivor, The Genius, maybe you’re so far gone you need Popularity Contest to still get that buzz like you used to. This addiction has grown out of hand and is doing irreparable damage to your psyche, but most importantly, they take so long.

Introducing One Weekend Ultimate Forum Reality Game! This game plays out in two days. It’s the emotional rollercoaster of Survivor, Genius or popcon in less than 42 hours.

How much time does this actually take?
This game will run according to a 2 day schedule posted in the lead up to the game itself. The game play itself will play for about ~6 hours each day. There will be a ~2 hour break in the middle of each game day so the game will likely take around 8 hours each day including the break. This is subject to change

How does the game actually play?
We will start with 11 players. 4 players will be voted out each day. The votes are at scheduled times. There will be a final three where the winner of the game will be selected by a jury composed of all eliminated players.

Before each vote there will be a challenge where you can win immunity from being voted out. Half of the challenges will be mandatory to play and half of them you can choose to opt out of.

But wait, is there more?
Yes. Every player has a personal stash of coins. You can win coins through challenges. Coins can be transferred between players and have a couple of uses:
  • Coins break ties, if the elimination vote is tied then the player with the least coins is eliminated. If the number of coins are tied there will be a sudden death challenge.
  • You can buy immunity from being voted out with coins. Each time a player buys immunity, the cost of immunity increases for everybody. There must always be two players who can be voted for.
  • Coins may have other uses

A coin count will be revealed after each vote.

Are there other rules, specifically things we shouldn't do?
Yes. Don't be a jerk and ruin my game. Don't cheat at challenges. Don't talk to eliminated players. Don't post Small Bart. Don't talk strategy with other players before the game begins. Don't edit your game posts.

When is this running?
Either the 24th/25th of January, the 31th/1st of Jan/Feb or The 7th/8th of Feb

Why would I do this?
:retrogames: How does fifty dollars sound? :retrogames:

The winner of this game will receive fifty dollars

Are there any special requirements for playing?
You have to be available one of the previously mentioned weekends. Seriously, that one is important. Consider youself to be :toxx:ing for the dates you say you are available.

I would like for all players to have played one of the following games: Awful Survivor, Awful Big Brother, Awful Genius or Popularity Contest. Feel free to sign up if you have not but just know you might not be prepared for this game if you get in

I'm in EST and am running this game according to my schedule. If you are not in EST, please know what you're getting into. This game is tentatively scheduled to run 2-10pm EST.

What do I do after I have signed up?
Wait. Sign ups will close on the 10th or earlier. Once sign ups close I will PM everybody who applied and tell them if they are in or not. Do not talk to other perspective players about this game before it starts. Please.

Can I just sign up already?
Alright here’s the application

I can’t play, can I still be involved?
Lord almighty, of course you can. If you aren’t available for the weekends above, please apply above and sign up for playtesting. I want to rigorously playtest all challenges before they are presented.

If you are available for those weekends, PM me about being a comod. I am positive I cannot handle all there is to handle on my own and I can't get The Carpet Shark to do everything for me.

Special Warning
I wanted to get this sign up sheet out early, unfortunately this means that not all the rules are set in stone yet.

Questions, comments, concerns?

Jump King fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Jan 3, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
I applied and me telling people I applied via this post is sure to start a veritable landslide of applications from people who want to play with a cool cat like me. Sorry for that.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I applied but didn't post.

But now I have posted.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Signed up as a playtester because of TZ and time in general problems.

Looking forward to it.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Fathis you have to tell me about that revenge poisoning.

DaisyDanger
Feb 19, 2007

Sorry, a system error occurred.
Also signed up as a playtester! :toot:

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
As I said in my app, I will playtest the poo poo out of these games.

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

Asiina posted:

I applied but didn't post.

But now I have posted.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

I am posting because it is here. My application is in.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

SUP FUCKERS (Submitting an application)

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Wow rude :(

winvirus
Jan 23, 2009

You only delay the inevitable. All of this island will soon belong to me.

Haha I'm not burning a weekend on this sorry!! I'll probably periodically check in and watch though. I will be cheering for PoP probably

Also someone asked me about Popularity Contest 2, and my answer is: yes, at some point, probably a few weeks.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

It's been brought to my attention that The 1st of Feb is The Super Bowl, which I'm told is a big thing in america. I won't run it on that weekend for that reason.

Bjay9
May 3, 2011

Kid, touch is for video games and gynecologists
I have entered, I would IV forums Survivor if I could so this must be the next best thing!

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

winvirus posted:

Haha I'm not burning a weekend on this sorry!! I'll probably periodically check in and watch though. I will be cheering for PoP probably

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.
Signed up hours late for this, hoping it's not an issue (it's been a rough week).

Ahh, missing a Votegame deadline and then posting excuses, just like old times.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

The game has been set for :siren:February 7th/8th:siren: Please make sure you are going to be available that weekend.

I will PM the players I accepted tonight with some reminders and instructions. If you applied and did not make it in, I will PM you about playtesting.

Instead of running with 11 players, it looks like we will be running with 9. However, sign ups will stay open. If we pick up more players before February then we may run with 11.

Don't talk to other prospective players about the game before it starts, TIA

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

This game is still happening this weekend. Just a reminder to add me on skype (I'm congowrongo) before the game starts. I will make a skype group for all the players this friday

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
And I am comodding.

Prepare for kitten hunts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

It's taking me a bit of time to get the player list ready, so why not check out the rules while I fit stuff together.

GAME THREAD

• Locked thread