Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Rest in piece, Gundam Tadakatsu.

it's a shame because the expanded pack for 3 made almost everyone playable, even the rapier dude who looks like Waluigi and the christian kid in a tank modeled after francis xavier

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

This game sounds epic and I need to play it.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

it's a shame because the expanded pack for 3 made almost everyone playable, even the rapier dude who looks like Waluigi and the christian kid in a tank modeled after francis xavier

Most of them were already on the disc but never finished or otherwise never released as DLC for god knows what reason.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQRFw-NtBaI

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

This DLC is going to be epic.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

im not ready to see hd tingle

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

sharrrk posted:

im not ready to see hd tingle

youre livin it baby

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Where's Groose

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Policenaut posted:

Where's Groose

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

Policenaut posted:

Where's Groose

It's really hosed up that they included Agitha but not Groose. At least she is fun to play as when you learn about her weird cancelling stuff.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

there will be a season two of DLC which will include skyward sword (groose) and wind waker (lobster pajamas, king of red lions) packs, and also link to the past pack, which will feature a trident weapon for ganondorf.

Jawtramp
Nov 27, 2010

by XyloJW
They should have released Skull Kid as a playable character and not Young Link.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

mabels big day posted:

there will be a season two of DLC which will include skyward sword (groose) and wind waker (lobster pajamas, king of red lions) packs, and also link to the past pack, which will feature a trident weapon for ganondorf.

I want to believe. :(

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Twelve by Pies posted:

I want to believe. :(

I do believe.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

I'm already working on my "today, we are all skullkids" manifesto to post in 2017 when Skullkid is announced as dlc for Hyrule Warriors 2.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

The sequel will be called Grooseland Warriors because I want it to be.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Jawtramp posted:

They should have released Skull Kid as a playable character and not Young Link.

What are you talking about, you'll be able to play as Skull Kid

See

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

Lemming posted:

What are you talking about, you'll be able to play as Skull Kid

See

Hell, my boner is fine with this.

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

:blizz:

some sweet new DLC announced.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
That makes me sad that I'll never see this in action. :saddowns:

1upclock
Sep 25, 2009

Taken completely out of context

Mazed posted:

some sweet new DLC announced.

Judge Tesla posted:

That makes me sad that I'll never see this in action. :saddowns:

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

i just got hyrule warriors and it's fantastic

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

hyrule warriors has officially shipped over a million copies worldwide. RIP Dynasty Warriors.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

The dragon quest warriors game looks badass.

The Wu-Tang Secret
Nov 28, 2004

We could've had the loving deku princess! *punches wall, is 600 pounds*

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

Ibram Gaunt posted:

The dragon quest warriors game looks badass.

I'm going to murder someone if we don't get it.

Anyway, I finished the normal Adventure mode map. The main story in Hyrule Warriors is okay, probably like 7/10, but Adventure mode is super loving epic and 10/10 for sure. The master quest map is a blast so far too but they made the items more annoying. Basically, the items in normal Adventure mode had a consistent logic to them, even if it was annoying. And in the worst case scenario, you could just go grab a compass and tell what item you had to use by what square the secret was on. It seems to be a lot less obvious in the master quest map, and they didn't change the item descriptions so you're just supposed to know everything is different. I've been mostly fine but there are a few stages I had to use a guide for because I didn't want to just try every loving item on a square to figure out that I was supposed to use the flute on a specific panel of grass despite the description of it being "used to lower water".

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

Maybe I will buy myself a Girahim avatar because he's cool and it's no longer Nintedomas.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Square-Enix dudes are already thinking about bringing DQH overseas.

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

Maybe I should tweet insane things at Japanese men in hopes they will bring this game over.

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

the playstation is region-free so you could just import it... it's not like there's any crucial things you need to read, it's a warriors game

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

Yeah but if it comes out in the US then it means more people will play and experience it. And hell, maybe some hosed up people who don't already realize that Dragon Quest owns will realize that Dragon Quest owns.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Only for PS4 tho so lol ps3

Ralp
Aug 19, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nintendo Land is a bunch of dumb minigames but I weirdly like the Zelda rail swordfighting minigame, is there a real game that's like that? is it Hyrule Warriors???? I've never played any Dynasty Warrior games

liquid courage
Aug 12, 2011

so, i haven't played the dyansty warriors games in ages. what's the consensus on which ones were good on ps2?

Swelter Discharge
Mar 21, 2013

im going to get this unless they dont get the same VAs for yangus and jessica

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

guess i'll be getting a quad at some point :D

Ralp posted:

Nintendo Land is a bunch of dumb minigames but I weirdly like the Zelda rail swordfighting minigame, is there a real game that's like that? is it Hyrule Warriors???? I've never played any Dynasty Warrior games

DW is not on rails and more like old arcadey beat em up style with stats and weapons and stuff

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert

Swelter Discharge posted:

im going to get this unless they dont get the same VAs for yangus and jessica

this but im gonna get it even if they dont

Ralp
Aug 19, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

DW is not on rails and more like old arcadey beat em up style with stats and weapons and stuff

yeah that's what I figured. I don't actually want a rails game though, that's what I meant by "real" game (plus weapons and stats and items too I guess). I just like the wiimote sword fighting part!

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

That minigame was a lot of fun and it's kinda sad there won't be anything like it ever. My girlfriend really loved it, it was like her first ever game and I'd buy dlc that was just more levels of that.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Ralp posted:

yeah that's what I figured. I don't actually want a rails game though, that's what I meant by "real" game (plus weapons and stats and items too I guess). I just like the wiimote sword fighting part!

There is no wiimote sword fighting in Hyrule Warriors, but it is still a very fun game if you can get into it. That last part is kind of the trick though, since the style of game definitely isn't for everyone. Think of Hyrule Warriors as something like a simiplified Bayonetta for fighting, but with a heavy emphasis on managing a hectic map.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Complexcalibur
Mar 11, 2007

NUOOOOAAAGH
If I get all the DLC, what order should I do all the new maps in? I think the other thread said something like Majora -> Master -> Twilight. I'm still not sure if I want it, I need to see if I feel like more Hyrule Warriors once I've beaten the Adventure Map I have.

• Locked thread