Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!
Yukina Matsudaira

"Kamen Rider?!", Yukina manages in surprise, before looking a little self-conscious at her outburst. A deep breath, and she returns to normal, sighing. "I mean, I used to watch it when I was little.", she adds a little more stiffly, watching the fight scene. As the gunmen arrive, though, she tenses up much more sharply. Caught without her suit, she's at a relative disadvantage compared to some of the others, but she still has to do something.

Speaking softly without looking too long at the others, she says, "Emi, slip up on them, Toon, get their attention, Nikki, Ally, get ready to take care of the ones on the sides and-" She looks to Mu'oh with a wary look. "Try and get the one in the center in a flashy way, that'll be the cue for everybody else to move in. Hopefully you and Toon can keep their attention long enough for all of them to be brought down."

Initiative is a 6!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Mu'oh

"Oh, good," says Mu'oh. "This is much more entertaining than the choreography." He stands up, mask slotting into place as he moves. "No offense to anyone, but the real hits always look much better. Someone better film this..."

The puppets slither free of his pack, ready to roll.

"It's gonna be a good show!"

Init: 4#1d6 5 4 2 3

FewtureMD
Dec 19, 2010

I am very powerful, of course.

Toon

Too enraptured by his latest treasure, Toon's attention is only diverted away when more than one person starts shouting. Sighing, he tucks the disc away into Toonspace, readying himself for a fight. His stomach gurgles a bit as the float he just sucked down refuses to settle.

Initiative: 4#1d6 2 4 3 3 Initiative is a 6!

devilmaydry
Sep 3, 2012

I only take special jobs, if you know what I mean.
Nikki Sparks

"Why the hell would a bunch of guys with guns take a movie set hostage!?" Nikki says, looking baffled "This is too high-profile for you losers."

She then creates a ball of light-red energy in her hand, ready to fight. Too bad she doesn't have her guitar...

I got a 10 for initiative.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Initiative is:
Nikki
Masked Man C
Emi
Toon/Yukina
Masked Men A/B
Mu'Oh
Ally

devilmaydry
Sep 3, 2012

Nikki sends out the orb of red and pink energy, and it shoots between the masked men and expands out in a ring of light before dissipating, violently pushing them all aside.

I rolled a 5 to hit and used Area attack to hit all 3, of the masked men. Right now without my guitar O have an attack of 3.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Defend!

A: 6, B: 4, C: 6

Well, they all dodge. They're pretty good, I guess.

"Dammit, it's fuckin' heroes! Take this!"

Mr. C aims at Nikki and fires off an ENERGY BEAM BECAUSE THIS IS A SILLY SUPERHERO THING.

Attack! Got a 5

And his Damage Multiplier is a 1 because these guys are bozos without stats.

devilmaydry
Sep 3, 2012

Nikki Sparks

"poo poo, stupid regulations." Nikki mutters something about IBER and Rhodes while casually curling the laser blast into a ball of energy, ready to be thrown any time.

Rolled a uh, 16 to defend using Barrier + Electromagnetic Sense for reaction time.

Ergonomix
Apr 14, 2009

pffffff
Emi Kurosawa

Emi instinctively reaches for where her sword would be before remembering she doesn't have it. Fists are fine, but it would be nice to even the playing field. Emi slips around to the side of the goon who looks ready to strike next (Masked Man A) and attempts to disarm him with an axe kick bringing her heel down on his arm.

Attack roll: 12 and my DX is 3. I'm using the Disarming park for 10 Endurance so if I take at least a quarter of his health I disarm him.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Yukina Matsudaira

Yukina looks around. She isn't quite prepared for this, and can only curse herself a bit for that. Shaking her head, she then steps out brazenly, outside of cover. By putting herself in dangerous... maybe she can become dangerous. After all, if she isn't running for cover, clearly something's up with her.

It's the kind of arrogance that could get her in real danger, but it's the kind her powers require.

She'll grant herself Attack 3 through Magic, spending 15 endurance. And sorry for the wait, this got a bit lost in the shuffle.

FewtureMD
Dec 19, 2010

Toon

Toon can't help but contain the glee in his voice as he dashes towards the nearest mook, Mjokenir appearing in his hands as if from nowhere, "They called us heroes, you guys! O! M! G!" On "G", the mallet head collides extremely forcefully with the masked man, and for one perfect moment, the universe freezes. Then, motion.

Smash a mook!: 9d6 6+6+6+6= 24!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Game's not dead! I'm just gonna wait til I get back to school (i.e. a more stable connection) to make the next post. So hiatus until no later than next week.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

A defends against Emi and B defends against Toon:
10 and 7

MMA: 14 Health
MMB: Gone
MMC: 20 Health

Once the universe comes back into motion, the man Toon attacked crumples to the ground unconscious. And while we're at it, Emi manages to disarm the man she attacked.

"Ah! I think we've bitten off more than we can chew!"

"Hold on, I'll get her!"

Masked Man C Attacks Emi!

Ergonomix
Apr 14, 2009

pffffff
It lives! Let me just see if I remember how to play this game.

Dodge: 5

Emi just casually shifts to the side, letting the energy blast graze past her.

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Mu'oh

Mu'oh looks annoyed, and then bored, as he watches the men panic. What a waste of time.

"Against foes such as you, I cannot justify using my full strength." He waves a hand at the tallest of his puppets. "Deal with the annoyance, or I'll burn you to cinders."

The puppet launches itself into action, bashing the third of the men about the head! Only the most skilled onlooker can see Mu'oh's subtle hand movements guiding its path exactly.

Telekinetic Smackdowner against MMC: 5#1d6 6 1 6 4 5 12 at x3

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.
Crash

Ally finally gets the stars out of her eyes long enough to get serious. Math's never been her strongest subject, but the equation here is pretty simple: she and her teammates can take a bullet, but the squishy mundane actor can't.

The others are keeping the guys with guns busy, so she gets to work with the evacuation. She's over by Desmond in the blink of an eye, hauling him off his feet and cradling his neck against the g-force that's coming next. Then she just jumps over the block, putting several buildings between the gunmen and their target.

That she gets to squeeze on the hottest movie star in her target demographic is, of course, completely incidental.

Ally sets Desmond down on the sidewalk as gently as she can manage. She gets out "Get inside and call the cops," then leaps back to the film lot to grab anybody else that can't get away fast enough under their own power.

Got a teleport jump roll of 6, which is good enough to put me across the city. Figure that's good enough for "out of danger."

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

It comes to me that for my last roll, I forgot how the game works and used a sum instead of the highest rolled, but eh. Too lazy to change it now.
MMC Defense! 3
9 damage!

MMA: 14
MMC: 11

"I won't be beaten by a drat twerp like you!" Masked Man C growls at Mu'Oh and launches an attack against him!

Attack: 7

Desmond looks at Crash with fear in his eyes, then rushes in screaming without another word. I guess he's outta the way then.

Masked Man A looks a bit nervous and asks his friend, "Hey, you think maybe we should just cut our losses?"

"No way! We can take these kids!"

devilmaydry
Sep 3, 2012

Nikki Sparks

Nikki struggles with keeping the ball of energy she captured stable, so seperates it into 5much smaller orbiting balls of energy instead.

"Seriously guys this is really dumb, give up already!" as she says this she sends one of the plasma bullets at Masked Man C, expanding it outward to create a stunning electric field so as to be non-lethal.

Rolled a 6 to hit with telekinesis, and have an attack multiplier of 4.

Waffleman, did you forget to include the damage multiplier to the damage done to the mook or does he have an armor of 3?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I forgot.
Also I got a 6 to defend.

The masked man dives out of the way of the electric field and chuckles.

"Ya see? These guys are just kids!"

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Mu'oh

Mu'oh could use his minions as a shield, but he stands firm in the face of the attack, confident that such a weakling-

"Doog!"

Dodge: 3#1d6 1 2 4

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

You know what, in the interest of keeping things moving since I had that big snag in summer...

Masked Man A drops his gun. "Screw this man, this ain't worth it!" And then he runs off, hopefully to be snagged by one of you.

"You gonna leave me to these guys alone?!" Masked Man C, looking at all of you, realizes how outclassed he is. Kids you may be, you're still Eccentrics. "gently caress, I surrender."

You win!

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

Ally Traynor

Crash drops in in front of the fleeing gunman with, yes, a crash. She socks the criminal in the gut, doubling him over and bundling him neatly for her to drag back under one arm. This makes her totally cool and heroic and is in no way intended to cover for the way she just made herself look like a total freak in front of only the hottest guy in movies.

FewtureMD
Dec 19, 2010

Toon

"Woo-hoo! We did it! Take that, criminal scum!" With that, Toon begins to twirl and spin Mjokenir as if it weighs nothing, whistling a jaunty tune. WHen he's done, the giant mallet disappears in a flash, and Toon strikes a pose for any onlookers.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Yukina Matsudaira

"Good work, everyone!", Yukina says, despite not having contributed much... but she had stood her ground, and walks towards the masked man. "Well, what was this all about, anyway?", she says, apparently having a sincere expectation of an answer. "I mean, you've done your part to make things more exciting, but I think you owe everybody here an explanation."

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

"I ain't telling you anything!"

Meanwhile, the cast and crew has come out of hiding now that the situation is resolved.

"Wait a minute, I recognize that voice now!" Mr. Albert walks up to the masked man and pulls off the mask, revealing actor Paul Christopher III!

"Wait, Paul?! Why the heck would you do something like this?!" Desmond has arrived onto the scene as well.

"Paul was one of the guys who auditioned for the part of Kamen Rider."

"And it was supposed to be my big comeback, like Robert Downey Jr! Instead, the role goes to this flavor of the month piece of poo poo! So I decided if you didn't want to make a good movie, there should BE no movie!"

As Paul finishes, the police finally arrive to take him and his cohorts away. Sebastian walks up to you, Desmond right next to him.

"I don't know how I can repay you kids. You saved my production."

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

Crash

Ally's cool act disintegrates on renewed exposure to Desmond. She flushes a deep red and tries to make herself as small as possible, drifting behind Yukina.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Yukina Matsudaira

"Well, think of it this way: you've given them wonderful publicity. Thank you!", Yukina replies cheerfully to Paul, waving him off. She then looks over to Sebastian and Desmond, bowing slightly, and blinks before holding up a finger in a lightbulb moment. "Hm. You could put a thanks in the credits, at least!..." She looks over to Toon. "... under Eccentric names, I presume."

Ergonomix
Apr 14, 2009

pffffff
Emi

Emi flips back her hair and tries to look cool. "It was nothing, hardly even a challenge." She immediately feels self conscious and fades into the background.

devilmaydry
Sep 3, 2012

Nikki Sparks

"Yeah, sure, go for it! I'm Aurora Star."

Nikki idly wonders if this'd piss off Rhodes, which makes her even happier.

devilmaydry fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Oct 12, 2015

FewtureMD
Dec 19, 2010

Toon

"Tickets to the premiere of this movie would be nice too~"

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Cody Rhodes' Office

"....Nikki's probably doing something to piss me off..."

Back at the scene

"No problem, kids! I'll make sure to tell the school about what you did too!"

Meanwhile, Desmond makes his way over to Ally. "I would especially like to thank you for assisting me. If there's anything I can do for you, I'll be glad to."

"Hold on there, Desmond. Don't want the paparazzi showing up on us!"

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Mu'oh

Reggie regained his breath some time back, but refused to truly stand up and deal with things until he was completely ready. That would be ridiculous.

"I'm sure the school already knows, or will soon. They watch us, you know."

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Yukina Matsudaira

Yukina leans to the side, looking between Ally and Desmond. She positions herself nearby, like some sort of impromptu chaperone. Looking over to Reggie, she tilts her head. "Well, that and the news... one way or the other." She folds her hands behind herself. "Are you alright?"

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

AllisonTraynor

Retreating into her jacket is not working. The awkwardness isn't going away. She's not turning any less of that awful shade of red.

Crash says to Desmond, "hi my name is ally you're really hot"

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Eventually, you get things all squared away and realize that it's almost time for the last tram back to school. Not wanting to be left in the city, you say your goodbyes, with Desmond sending Ally off with a kiss on the hand, and head back to your dorms. Abby would later receive a signed photo of Desmond in the mail.

When word gets to the school, you get a commendation from Sir Justice and the entire class gets extra credit from Professor Suzuki.

After that, things are quiet for a few months, until one winter day...

Thursday, December 8, 2050

Early December means that the school is hard at work preparing for the annual Christmas Festival. The festival allows students to send the semester off before heading out on break, and parents and guardians come to check on their children's progress. The festival is also a popular event for ZA alumni to catch up and reminisce about their school days

However, the office of Sir Justice is busy wondering how to respond to a mysterious letter that appeared the previous day.

~On the yuletide festival, I shall steal Zenith University's greatest treasure! Even Eccentrics are powerless to stop me!
~Arsene Lupin V

Class 5

"Alright, students!" Professor Suzuki taps on her desk, sporting a quite nice Santa hat for the season. "The festival is this weekend, so we have to decide what our class is going to do. We'll have the entire day of class to think about it, okay? No pressure, but people are expecting a lot from our class!"

It is true, your previous run-ins have given your class quite a status among the other students and has brought a lot of attention to you.

"So, any ideas?"

Well? And how have you been spending the last few months? By the way, like I said, the Christmas Festival is a good chance for your loved ones to visit and catch up. Do you have anyone close to you you expect to stop by?

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

Crash

Crash has washed her hand since Desmond kissed it, but she had to be pushed into doing it. She still keeps the photo framed above her bed, and stands in front of it whenever anyone comes to her room for the first time, even if he's not as popular as he was a couple months ago.

She raises the hand. "Motorcycle-riding exhibition!"

Ally's dad is a salesman. He's probably not going to get the chance to stop by. She's used to it by now.

devilmaydry
Sep 3, 2012

Nikki Sparks

"Hmmm..." Nicki puts a finger on her chin, thinking... "I dunno if any of us know how to use a motorcycle... but I could definitely do a killer light show! Maybe throw in some, like, magnetism too for fun! Oh, then maybe Emi could do sick back-flips off the floating metal!"

The only person Nikki holds out for showing up is Stratosphere, although that'd probably never happen because senpai never notices Nikki.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

Ally Traynor

"I can ride a bike," Crash says. Her smile is not reassuring.

"And it's not like he's going to do a maid cafe," she says, pointing at Reginald. "Not since that...thing."

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Yukina Matsudaira

For Yukina, the Festival is less a time of celebration and more a time of preparation. Well, delegation, mostly, but that's a full-time job on its own, as they help place and provide for the various clubs and classes. Or don't provide, some might say. But that's politics. That and trying to help out with setting up security to catch a thief, and this may be one of the few times you've seen Yukina... frazzled. Not too much. But enough.

Pondering at her seat, she speaks up cheerfully. "Maybe some kind of shadow play? There could be puppets, effects, music, stagebuilding, and voice acting.", she says, clearly slotting each role as she looks from student to student. She folds her hands primly, and smiles. "Whatever ends up being chosen should highlight our individual strengths as a class. Perhaps it could involve light-hearted stories of heroes we admire?"

Whether or not Yukina can personally be involved is up to Waffle, since it might be a conflict of interest with student council. But she's probably going to be the student council member tied to overseeing the project, at the very least (which in theory mainly involves ensuring any money from tickets goes back into the council and school coffers). Her parents, Kiyoko and Daigo, or her sister, Shizuka, probably wouldn't fly overseas for a festival without some other motive. Rather, it would be expected for Yukina to fly back sometime during the holidays. Of course, there's always Iemasa, her friendly (to Yukina, at least), eccentric (but not Eccentric), and easygoing (when away from his desk) uncle who oversees the Matsudaira American branch. He might stop by, on account of the above adjectives.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

"I don't know how I feel about that, Ally. It might be a bit too dangerous to get clearance from the school. The shadow play's not a bad idea, I can see how each of you could contribute to it. Still, I'd like to heard from everyone. Matt, Emi, you two have been quiet."

• Locked thread