Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Apparently the ratings board for Australia had this title pop up (it's gone now). I hope it's a remastered version of BL1. I bet it won't be but I can hope. I've been playing through the first one lately and it's still incredibly fun (if anyone ever wants to play just lemme know and I'll host a game).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
Borederlands.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
"bort"erlands

Heavy Lobster
Oct 24, 2010

:gowron::m10:
Bonerlands Reassturd

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay
New Memes for a New Year. I can't wait

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

zen death robot posted:

Why remaster this

Either it's a cash grab or they really listened to people who liked the good things about borderlands 1 and I'm guessing it's the former.

They're also making an MMO for the chinese market only which reinforces the cash grab idea:

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

That's kind of a strange choice to remaster, but okay I guess. Borderlands 1 is my favorite of the series so I might try this at some point.

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

Eye of Widesauron posted:

Either it's a cash grab or they really listened to people who liked the good things about borderlands 1 and I'm guessing it's the former.

They're also making an MMO for the chinese market only which reinforces the cash grab idea:

This is what I was afraid of. I guess Gearbox is in some trouble after that Aliens: Colonial Marines debacle so they're probably just trying to secure as much funding as possible so they can strike out on their own.

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay

I wonder how long it'll be until MMO designers acquiesce to their awful community of players and build a game around paying Chinese grinders to avoid actually playing anything

Heavy Lobster
Oct 24, 2010

:gowron::m10:

How can they make this series any more like an MMO than it already is?

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

zen death robot posted:

Why remaster this

PS4/Xbone Needs Games

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Silver Striker posted:

That's kind of a strange choice to remaster, but okay I guess. Borderlands 1 is my favorite of the series so I might try this at some point.

I love playing this series especially with friends and it'd be a hard sell to me unless it's budget priced and keeps the good poo poo from 1 (gun mechanics, gibs) while adding some of the basic quality of life stuff 2 had. Certainly not at 60 bucks and even 20-30 would be eh for me at this point; 1 uses steam for matchmaking now and is so cheap there's little reason not to just play that.

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

I just didn't feel like 2 had the same charm and feel that 1 did. I don't like any of the new characters as much as I liked the cast from 1 (in terms of character designs or movesets). The loot system in 2 didn't feel as fun and they focused more on the story which I didn't really care about. I didn't play the Pre-Sequel but I heard that was good but more of the same.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Heavy Lobster posted:

How can they make this series any more like an MMO than it already is?

Since it's in China I'm guessing it's going to be chock full of microtransactions for basically everything. poo poo, you have MMO's out there that are "free to play" that don't even let you get the loot from monsters you've killed unless you pay.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

Borederlands.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Jesus Christ! We must nuke the chinks ASAP!

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
china, unlike korea, produces good mmos

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
I want to know if the Chinese get the meme jokes, or do they have to make new ones?

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

THE PENETRATOR posted:

china, unlike korea, produces good mmos

:stare:

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
chinese mmos are 很好很强大

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
Here is the registration page

http://register.sdo.com/gaea/phone_default.aspx?from=5000&areaId=201000&appId=5000&from=89

Require a CN phone number

those can be got for like 2-10 bucks depending on the person and are generally tied to someones chinese social security number

some dude in the age of wushu thread is main land china and offers to help people out some times

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

THE PENETRATOR posted:

chinese mmos are 很好很强大

chinese mmos are 為黑奴

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

chinese mmos are 黑奴

o_o

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
This would loving ownnnn

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

i dont understand how anybody could prefer borderlands 1. all the areas looked the same, there were like 5 types of enemies, the characters hardly had any personality, there were very few interesting guns, and iirc basic gun damage became useless garbage later on so you had to kill everything with elemental dot procs which is extremely unsatisfying and tanked the framerate to single digits on consoles. the classes also had nowhere near the variation of the bl2 characters, especially when you take into account the dlc. it was cool at the time because there wasnt anything else similar, but now? gently caress that game. bl1->bl2 was as big of an improvement as assassins creed 1->ac2

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer
will anthony birch update the memes or stick with his classic favorites

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Vargs posted:

i dont understand how anybody could prefer borderlands 1. all the areas looked the same, there were like 5 types of enemies, the characters hardly had any personality, there were very few interesting guns, and iirc basic gun damage became useless garbage later on so you had to kill everything with elemental dot procs which is extremely unsatisfying and tanked the framerate to single digits on consoles. the classes also had nowhere near the variation of the bl2 characters, especially when you take into account the dlc. it was cool at the time because there wasnt anything else similar, but now? gently caress that game. bl1->bl2 was as big of an improvement as assassins creed 1->ac2

they actually GAVE you the interesting guns unlike borderlands 2, the classes are also fine

i rolled w/ lilith specced for smg damage and ammo regen and stuff w/ a double anarchy

gently caress accuracy

resting bort face
Jun 2, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
i feel like 2 was better just on level design alone, never mind the other improvements. 1 was just mesas and deserts forever.

BUT 1 has my hands-down favorite line in the series. it's something bandits yell. 'you never shoulda come here and now you're gonna pay.' they way he says it makes me laugh every single time. it's not in 2, and the game is poorer for it.

resting bort face
Jun 2, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
do you think lilith will get her tits out in this one?

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
chinese gold farmers go on a wacky adventure with claptrap

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Doctor Goat posted:

they actually GAVE you the interesting guns unlike borderlands 2

borderlands 1 in general had better guns than 2, and a more flexible gun part system

Hoodrich
Feb 4, 2011

by Reene
someone paly borderlands 3 with me

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Hoodrich posted:

someone paly borderlands 3 with me

Okay

Hoodrich
Feb 4, 2011

by Reene

i decided to play mroe dragon age 3 isntead

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

I liked borderlands one, it is the closest thing to a good mad max game.

Except for I guess road rash.

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You
Borderlands Remastered: Now with thicker black lines.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Vargs posted:

the characters hardly had any personality
Thank god they made those characters central to the sequel, where they were immediately interesting and memorable.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Is the racist little girl in the first one I got a headache from the FOV being hosed up on the PC and gave up after half an hour.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

the borderlands games are terrible and i hate all of you. die!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012
there's already a goty edition for bl1 so this should be more than just a "base game with all dlc" package.

• Locked thread