Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.
There yo go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

AfterFather posted:

TCU might be better than dogshit this year. Also, lol at them playing at the High School gym down the street from my grandmothers.

They're better than they were, but we didn't have Staten.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Benne posted:

Baylor is a dumb team and I can't imagine having to root for them on a daily basis

It takes an effort on my part not throw things at Scott Drew.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Thoguh posted:

Why do you think Anne Frank Fanfic is so screwed up?

*sage nod*

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

SamuraiFoochs posted:

He's gonna leave us eventually isn't he :(

Yes

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Couldn't even humor me. Jerk. :smith:

I feel you've been tortured enough Samuari-chan

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

anne frank fanfic posted:

Looks like its conference time and that means Baylor will drop 8 of their next 10 to good teams (big 12 is the best conference in the nation, at everything) and drop out of the rankings and the ncaa tournament and then they'll win 8 in a row to sneak back in the tournament and Win the National CHampionship, congrats all

get your math right

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Thoguh posted:

Just wanted to check in to say gently caress a Mountaineer. God bless.

gently caress a Cyclone

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Its my second favorite time of the year. where I veil my contempt for women's basketball because I am being paid to talk about it.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Eltoasto posted:

But the fundamentals Andichu, the fundamentals.

I have an entire rant about how we've rigged the women's game to be bad and boring. They've taken steps (like adding a timeline) but lord.

WVU is playing Baylor and I wouldn't be so annoyed if I wasn't also working a men's game that starts at 8 so I won't get to do anything between the games. But hey, 350 bucks for sitting on my rear end for a couple hours. I hope I don't have to do slider for the men's game.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Thoguh posted:

Do you cover WVUs women's games or something?

I am working for Root/WV Illustrated, today so yeah. Thankfully since less of their games have been on TV i've been spared because we're only mediocre (we're maybe an 8-10 seed). But I've got like four Big XII women's games coming up.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Also I hope I don't have to do postgame with Mulkey because she's one of the most miserable assholes I've dealt with in any sport.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

gently caress tcu today. also lol that you hate all of baylors Award WInning cHampionship Coaches that OWN HARD

I don't personally hate Briles. Never had to deal with him, but Mulkey is maybe the biggest bitch I've ever dealt with, including Mick Cronin. Drew's just a sanctimonious rear end in a top hat.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

i dont hate your coaches but i probably hate all of your fans when theyre at home. theyre nicer than TCU fans away though, TCU sucks

our fans are pretty chill. they'll invite you to their tailgate to share in 'shine and whatever they've cooked up.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Thoguh posted:

Ya'll only beat TCU on some questionable officiating in the last minute of the game. So I wouldn't bitch too much about it.

And Baylor's women are the UConn of the conference, lol.

Like in the game I am working it was 8-3 on fouls, with Baylor having gotten a charge call when the WVU player didn't have the ball and the Baylor player threw her aside. Other highlights included Baylor getting away with one late when a WVU player got called for a charge on a ball she rebounded on Baylor's end of the floor and Mulkey jumping up and down like a toddler over a reach in.

BI NOW GAY LATER fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Jan 10, 2015

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Mulkey now spending an entire timeout complaining over another reach in, going to get every call. This after she got into an arguement with the fans behind her. She is a giant loving baby.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Thoguh posted:

The Bill Self strategy.

Bill Self doesn't yell at support staff or argue with fans.

Baylor wins, but this is the least impressive Baylor team I've seen in many, many years/

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

elentar posted:

UVA probably gonna lose this one at Notre Dame but I'll miss the rest of it attending a beach wedding so can't really be fussed.

Go Hoos.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Um, if Thouhg if you gift wrap the tall, cute greek boy for me.

So it looks like WVU is using a live DJ when playing songs not done by the band and that kind of owns.

BI NOW GAY LATER fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Jan 11, 2015

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Cyclones getting the whistle. Color me shocked.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Thoguh posted:

It is 6 fouls to 7, hardly one sided. Especially given that WVU plays much more physically than ISU does.

lol that you think that. 6 of the last 9 have gone against WVU, and ISU got away with a blatant walk that turned into an open 3 for Niang, and a flagrant 1 where they called wvu for a charge.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

WVU - Hoiburg State tied at half. I'll take it given how awful we shot the ball.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Thoguh posted:

Hopefully we go up by enough that you can see the Greek's moves in action.

I'd prefer not.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

the Big XII officials are absolutely magical

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Thoguh posted:

They're letting West Virginia get away with whatever the hell they want. Hell, about a minute ago Staten just loving plowed into Hogue with absolutely no control and Hogue got called, somehow.

lol, meanwhile your boy decked a kid and got away with it :qq: some more

also the bit was they're really inconsistent and awful

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

resident posted:

I'm just glad I don't have to watch wvu play every game.

we're a lot of fun to watch if you like physical, full court defense

our half-court though, woof

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

ISU's going to win this, but I am pleased we stayed with them despite shooting the ball horridly. I am less impressed by ISU than I was earlier in the season.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Thoguh posted:

Their style is "dare the refs to foul out the entire team". Any ref that takes them up on it probably would.

WVU vs. South Carolina would probably resemble a hockey game.

ISU's is just to get a bunch of calls their way.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Thoguh posted:

You guys have a full court press and a hacking defense. We have neither and we've been called for more fouls. I'm not sure what you're bitching about.

The ones you've gotten away with have been really blatant. You've literally gotten away with two Flagrants, one of which could have been Flagrant 2

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

resident posted:

Dude give it a rest.

:allears:

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Ross posted:

I think you're watching a different game than everyone else.

lol they got away two flagrants int he first when Hogue elbowed Williams in the face, and a second when dumb rear end Morris took a shot on Paige.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Ross posted:

That's great but if your contention is that the ISU is going to win this game because of unbalanced officiating you're mentally ill.

e: that wasn't very nice

No, I didn't think ISU won because of officiating. I thought we lost because we didn't shoot very well and missed shots down the stretch. I think ISU is a good team with a lot of fantastic pieces (Niang is an All-American, my god he moves with the ball well.)

I think Morris is one of the best points in the league.

Do I think we're a better team? Absolutely.

BI NOW GAY LATER fucked around with this message at 04:32 on Jan 11, 2015

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

That's not the same thing, but whatever. Read my edit(also I said before I thought we shot ourselves out of the game. )

My point was that Thoguh was acting like WVU got every call, which they didn't and a lot of calls went Iowa State's way too, especially some pretty obvious ones that were real head scratchers.

BI NOW GAY LATER fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Jan 11, 2015

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Thoguh posted:

ISU won, Texas & Oklahoma lost. A pretty good day.

I cannot wait for Hoi to get snapped back to the NBA. God I hate him. (Note: I respect him though.)

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Thoguh posted:

I didn't say WVU got every call. I said they were getting away with a lot of contact. Because they were.

I'd love for your pansy team to have played in the Big East if you think that was a lot of contact, lol. And y'all got away with a ton of contact too, so you can quit pretending y'all play some sort of finesse game.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Cholmondeley posted:

This is a team that lost to Wofford.

Wofford.

State fans will be insufferable until Wednesday, if they hang on today.

Wofford is a good little team.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

gently caress a sooner, but also i think i am about to develop strong opinions about ESPN doing remote broadcasts

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

I think the worst thing about the Big XII is how, within a period of like 2 minutes, they can go from calling everything loose to calling everything super tight.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Second half highlight so far: officiating crew giving Huggins a hand to the face because they're bad and they know it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Probably Magic posted:

Some sassy refs there.

If we weren't up by 20 Huggins would have gotten a technical. They're so bad. He almost knocked over the Gatorade table a minute ago.

• Locked thread