Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Iowa, are you going to gently caress this up? Because you are kind of really getting my hopes up here.

edit: yep, here we go. Right on schedule.

Nolan Arenado fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Jan 9, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

I have never smoked a bowl and then watched a game that Bill Walton was announcing, but I imagine it would be an amazing experience.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Soon I will be leaving to see the poor Drake Bulldogs get slowly choked to death by #23 UNI. Looking at the odds (Drake +13, O/U 116.5), Vegas seems to think Drake will score around 52 points. Personally, I'm not sure how they will even get to 40...

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

NCAA basketball is pretty much the same as football anymore, there are fouls and traveling on every single play, so anyone can find an unlimited number of reasons to complain about the refs.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Turns out Michigan State just blows, which means that Iowa super blows.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Today is a Good Day.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

If NC State blows a 19 point lead with less than 5 1/2 minutes left, then they can really just go gently caress themselves.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Wisconsin in the process of pulling bullshit, don't worry.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

A Good Day.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

anne frank fanfic posted:

first halves dont even matter, theyre so useless. if youre lucky you can pad your head start but youll jsut collapse and lose no matter waht, baylor bitch

That has been my experience...

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Did they just say that 9/10 Big 12 teams have been ranked at some point this year? When was either Kansas State or Texas Tech ranked?

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Thoguh posted:

K-State.

Unless ESPN's website is wrong, K-State was not in the top 25 this season...

On topic, good bball game...

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

That was a drat good game at least. I was moderately rooting for ISU, but meh.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

The Bramlage Coliseum crowd is surprisingly loud, even after Baylor's hot start, I'm impressed.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Per Pomeroy - this is the first time since February 19, 2005 that Ohio State and Kansas both lost on the same day.

You can thank the state of Iowa for ending our long national nightmare.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

I generally agree, and also dislike the new practice of fouling late when up 3. It is the optimal strategy, but sucks the fun right out of the game. I'm just not sure how to fix the issue...

Additionally, something needs to be done about the excessive number of timeouts. I'm pretty sure that between Baylor and K State yesterday, five timeouts were called in the last 30 seconds of the game. What should have taken a couple minutes tops ended up taking about 15.

edit: I was wrong, there were five timeouts called in the last loving 17 seconds of the game. Seriously.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Every time I have seen Oklahoma this season they have looked lovely - are we sure they are actually a good basketball team?

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

The games stuck in my mind are the home lose to a Bruce Weber team and losing to a Greg McDermott coached team. (only excuse for losing to Greg McDermott is if he had Ben Jacobson or Doug McDermott with him)

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

I generally root for Iowa State in basketball, but it is hilarious to see Kansas State in first place in the Big 12 after their nonconference results, so I am conflicted...

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Regnevelc posted:

Hah. How awful is Rutgers?

Well, they beat Wisconsin. Of course, they also lost to St. Peter's...

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Iowa State gonna win, now time for Iowa to win. (probably not)

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Oh, gently caress you Wisconsin.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

elentar posted:

Baylor is playing NAIA school Huston-Tillotson tonight, for whatever reason.

And Baylor is losing 5 minutes into the game...

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

It appears that Huston-Tillotson is still beating Baylor, now with 6 minutes to go in the first half. What a hilarious upset that would be...

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Jesus Christ Virginia... they held Georgia Tech to 28 points. The third team they have held to under 30 this season.

edit: and all three of those teams are top 150 kenpom, so it wasn't against completely dogshit teams.

Nolan Arenado fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Jan 23, 2015

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Thoguh posted:

Remind me never to watch a Virginia basketball game.

Just wait for that Virginia/Iowa State elite eight game, which Virginia will win 24-17. It'll be a blast!

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Oh Iowa, you're just so.... Iowa...

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Oregon's website says

MATT ARENA LOGO
Unique letter forms spell out “MATT” in a toothy grin reminiscing Matthew Knight as a child.
A smile, and a Japanese-inspired Torii gate shape, (A Torii gate is a symbol of a sacred place in Japanese culture).
Curved arena forms that connect the Oregon Graphic Identity with the heroic proportions of the arena architecture.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Probably Magic posted:

STEVE ALFORD IS GOING TO TAKE THIS TEAM TO THE NEXT LEVEL

All they had to do was ask me. I would have told them.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Watching the Iowa State and Nebraska games at the same time and it's like watching the same game...

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Is Lavin still getting ridiculous recruiting classes and doing nothing with them?

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Wow UNI comes back from down 12 to win at Illinois State. Can't wait for that Wichita State at UNI game on Saturday...

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

lol Maryland, although I'm sure they will come back.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

wow, haha

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Seems like their entire existence may be cursed.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

I decided to go ahead and make the trek to the Iowa State game tonight. I like to visit Hilton once a year so I can be reminded how much Carver-Hawkeye sucks... :smith:

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Something tells me Rick Barnes won't be making the halftime adjustments necessary to win this game....

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Rick "I couldn't make it past the round of 32 with Kevin Durant" Barnes

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

anne frank fanfic posted:

baylor sucks i hope they can beat texas on sat

Pretty sure Baylor isn't even going to make the NCAA tournament, sorry aff.

fake edit: 4-7 from here on, finish 19-12 (7-11)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Drake might win a road game! Exciting times!

• Locked thread