Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

For the first hour or so you're actually really vulnerable and can get overwhelmed super easily, and then by the third hour you're an unstoppable death machine

i will keep away until it's like 5-10 bucks then

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

som is good for like two or three hours, then you get too powerful and it's a dumb cakewalk. the first couple hours are real cool though

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
which etrian odyssey is the best? i like persona q a lot and want to keep dungeon crawling

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

im desperately trying to like on of the 2d castlevania games. i tried aria of sorrow and harmony of dissonance, absolutely hated both. what should i try>

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Bobnumerotres posted:

im desperately trying to like on of the 2d castlevania games. i tried aria of sorrow and harmony of dissonance, absolutely hated both. what should i try>

putting a bullet in between your eyes

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Fungah! posted:

putting a bullet in between your eyes

aria of sorrow less so and i should probably give it another chance when im not on heavy meds

but harmony of dissonance definitely is just a pile of poo poo

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

NickRoweFillea posted:

which etrian odyssey is the best? i like persona q a lot and want to keep dungeon crawling

i've only played 4 and untold, and of the two i'd say 4. it has neat overworld stuff and side dungeons.

PixoPoxo
Dec 11, 2006
Am get!

Bobnumerotres posted:

Super Castlevania IV

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bobnumerotres posted:

Symphony of the night

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

durr im looking to play a castlevania game and if i google the phrase "good castlevania game" I only got 1000000 hits about symphony of the night. Any suggestions?

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

SGR posted:

Dying Light, Evolve, Shadow of Mordor - any of these worth my time?

Evolve is supreme poo poo tier bad game.

SoM is ok, but I'd wait for sale.

4 inch cut no femmes
May 31, 2011
is DROD good? There's a whole bunch of them for sale on gog for 10bux

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Humphrey Vasel posted:

yes, but dont start with 1 cuz its before the level creator came out and the puzzles got good, 2 has great puzzles and the series long story really starts there anyway

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

oh poo poo that bundle is really good

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Humphrey Vasel posted:

yooooo you're on my good list for this

4 inch cut no femmes
May 31, 2011
I'll give them a shot. I like puzzles at least.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

are there any new-ish survival games that are actually good? i tried Stranded recently since it had good ratings but was disappointed. i like hoarding things and exploring.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Bobnumerotres posted:

Circle of the Moon is really good, I finished that one but could never get into Aria for some reason. I think I liked its music better.

Ralp
Aug 19, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

elf help book posted:

oh poo poo that bundle is really good

Holy poo poo
DROD 1,2,3,4,5 for $9.99 (plus tendry's tale too which is poo poo but whatever)

http://www.gog.com/promo/weekly_staff_picks_the_drodening_090315

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Tender Bender posted:

Circle of the Moon is really good, I finished that one but could never get into Aria for some reason. I think I liked its music better.

im honestly liking aria so much im gonna replay it and get all the goodies and poo poo

it's seriously loving hard though. i waltzed into what i think is the final area at the top of the castle and everything is murdering me and taking too many hits. im supposed to be here because i have every relic but god drat i really feel like im missing something

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Bobnumerotres posted:

im honestly liking aria so much im gonna replay it and get all the goodies and poo poo

it's seriously loving hard though. i waltzed into what i think is the final area at the top of the castle and everything is murdering me and taking too many hits. im supposed to be here because i have every relic but god drat i really feel like im missing something

If you like Aria a lot you should play Symphony of the Night. Aria of Sorrow's probably the closest to how SotN plays out of all the post-SotN Castlevanias. It's a lot easier though unless you're intentionally underleveled or underequipped

Ralp
Aug 19, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ralp posted:

Holy poo poo
DROD 1,2,3,4,5 for $9.99 (plus tendry's tale too which is poo poo but whatever)

http://www.gog.com/promo/weekly_staff_picks_the_drodening_090315

could someone please post an Imp Zone DROD thread about this? This forum turned me on to DROD and also the Metroid Prime Trilogy sale, but I am not a big fan of the idea of admins/mods posting threads encouraging goons to purchase things.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Ralp posted:

could someone please post an Imp Zone DROD thread about this? This forum turned me on to DROD and also the Metroid Prime Trilogy sale, but I am not a big fan of the idea of admins/mods posting threads encouraging goons to purchase things.

be the change you want to see on the forums, ralp

Ralp
Aug 19, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I am, by not posting the next doobies/mangosteen/whatever that pyramid scheme was that axemaniac started.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Is Cities: Skyline good?

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

Is Cities: Skyline good?

i would also like to know this.

program666
Aug 22, 2013

A giant carnivorous dinosaur
there is a very positive LGR review of it but the guy is too lenient

4 inch cut no femmes
May 31, 2011
Give it a couple of weeks at least for people to break the simulation

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

i started playing it last night and i really like it, would recommend

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

NickRoweFillea posted:

If you haven't already bought 4, buy it when it's next on sale. 3 and Untold are also cool

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
lol holy poo poo, the order looks so bad

Yobgoblin
Mar 19, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Clapping Larry
Legacy of Kain Collection

surc
Aug 17, 2004

Trying to decide if I should buy The Crew. I really wanted it to be good but everybody said it was poo poo, is it still poo poo?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

surc posted:

Trying to decide if I should buy The Crew. I really wanted it to be good but everybody said it was poo poo, is it still poo poo?

its assassins creed in a car.

you drive to towers to unlock the map and then drive to events. the open world is pretty neat but the driving physics are bad.

its assassins creed in a car.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

surc posted:

It was poo poo, it is poo poo, it will continue to be poo poo.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

You want a good car game? Get Burnout Paradise. Already got that? Driver San Francisco. Got that too? Distance and Trackmania, start with Trackmania United because that's the best one.

Great Joe fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Mar 15, 2015

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Once you're done with those, play Sonic & SEGA Allstars Racing Transformed and Grid 2 and just drift all the time.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Ralp posted:

I am, by not posting the next doobies/mangosteen/whatever that pyramid scheme was that axemaniac started.

Link or tldr on what these rascals did?

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay
Cons:
Early-Access survival game that seems a bit feature-light

Pros:
Unique setting, game mechanics, in-game feedback system, by the devs of Natural Selection 2

http://store.steampowered.com/app/264710

I'm torn, Imp Zone. what do you guys think?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Schnedwob posted:

Early-Access survival game

are you retarded

• Locked thread