Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Most fun to Play
Hunter Team
Goliath
Kraken
Other
View Results

• Locked thread
JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Oh sweet a game where if the monster is half competent the hunter team chases it for 95% of the match and then gets curb stomped.

GotY? Please. I had such high hopes for a game that had monster hunting and jetpacks...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

AHungryRobot posted:

never played it but it does seem like poo poo is lopsided in the monsters favor from what I've seen. that true at all?

I have never seen a match where the goliath lost, unless it did something really stupid... Like try and attack before its final stage, just run and eat and run and eat and bam now you're a super monster... It's really stupid because the hunters can't split up or the monster can kill them, but if the hunters are all clumped together it's really hard to catch a good monster. I can't really comment on the Kraken, because pretty much everyone at the time was playing as goliath.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Yeah I agree. I think WC3's custom game of sheep tag was the best [small team] v [big team]. Maybe Evolve should be reversed where the monster needs to hunt the hunters down and after x-time the hunters win? Although I still don't know if that would work since in Sheep Tag the sheep team split up naturally anyway because their buildings required mutually exclusive land.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
In order for the Monster to upgrade to a new level, it must eat the flesh of AI animals roaming the environment. There's not really a reason to fight the hunters as level 1 monster, even 1 on 1 because the time to kill has a high risk of the team showing up and then you lose. At level 2, ostensibly the monster could take out some lone hunters without risk of auto losing. However by that point you're already 66% of the way to final form so why bother attacking?

Then there's structures that are attacked. Also for the hunters some of the AI animals will gently caress you up. There's some amphibian monster type thing that 1-hit kills hunters lmao

• Locked thread