Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ggadwa

Somewhat Grim, way behind on the Reaping
Well, I'm a newbie, and I've made some mistakes, but I think I've tried to redeem myself the best I can. Some people have given me good comments and told me to post here. Hopefully my journey of newbie regret ends here!

I'm running a weekly comedy series featuring a Grim Reaper who answers viewer Q&As. He's bumbling, idiotic, and has a habit of never getting to an answer. 2-3 minutes in length each.

The latest episode has the Reaper discovering a storage locker with a valuable mint-condition Stretch Monster which he takes to represent his hopes and dreams -- but a completely unrealistic bidder comes in to show the Reaper why he should avoid hopes and dreams:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_gBKRlUVII

The Christmas special was the Reaper being forced (contractually obligated) to do a music video, in this case, a metal version of Let It Snow! He's pretty convinced he's romantic, but the skeleton Zelda -- which he dug up in a previous episodes -- feels otherwise, as much as a skeleton can.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Ef3F8GsNcE

The YFA Halloween Special, where the Reaper again skips the question to push his found footage film, "The Soup Witch." The "suits upstairs" have a couple of edits.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4v-tPG9wPVM

Thanks for watching, I'll post new episode in this thread if it survives! All comments appreciated.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Spider

Please welcome this fellow into the BYOB family, all. and be gentle.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

A Tin Of Beans

i didn't watch any of these videos op but welcome and good luck, maybe someone will click a link, that's just more commitment than i'm willing to make

tao of lmao

i watched about a minute of the first video and can confirm they are indeed videos

landy.
welcome to byob, friend. :)

Looke

yes

Scaly Haylie

ggadwa posted:

The latest episode has the Reaper discovering a storage locker with a valuable mint-condition Stretch Monster which he takes to represent his hopes and dreams -- but a completely unrealistic bidder comes in to show the Reaper why he should avoid hopes and dreams:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_gBKRlUVII

This wasn't terrible.

deep dish peat moss

Happy to click your links, OP, but right now I am watching Castaway for the first time. Have you seen it? I think it's probably more exciting than your videos. This isn't a dig against your videos but do you have a Hollywood budget and Tom Hanks? Anyway, I'll be back after I've seen Castaway to let you know what I think, either about Tom Hanks and his role in Castaway or about your videos.

Piso Mojado

Dont bully me! posted:

i watched about a minute of the first video and can confirm they are indeed videos

FluffieDuckie

i watched them and compared to the "content" we generally see around here i was pleasantly surprised.

i mean he didn't catch himself on fire or swirlie himself, but come on guys he's a newbie. let him work up to that

welcome to the yob friend :wave:

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

El Spider

op your powers to greenscreen and put yourself out there are immensely valuable to us, more than you imagine. some might try to corrupt you for a cheap laugh at the expense of a noob, but perhaps we can make you ironic and beloved instead

to gather an idea of the material that is most appreciated here skim through this thread: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3658652&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

you can look at the various comedy goldmines if you need a better idea, generally the fyad and byob goldmines are better representations than the other ones.

if you are feeling particularly advanced, check https://www.tehposts.com for some of the most powerful posts that are kept offsite for some reason i dont know

----------------

City of Glompton

welcome new guy and good luck with your video endeavors

ggadwa

Los Lobos posted:

op your powers to greenscreen and put yourself out there are immensely valuable to us, more than you imagine. some might try to corrupt you for a cheap laugh at the expense of a noob, but perhaps we can make you ironic and beloved instead

to gather an idea of the material that is most appreciated here skim through this thread: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3658652&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

you can look at the various comedy goldmines if you need a better idea, generally the fyad and byob goldmines are better representations than the other ones.

if you are feeling particularly advanced, check https://www.tehposts.com for some of the most powerful posts that are kept offsite for some reason i dont know

Thanks Los Lobos, I'm obviously older than most of you and really, really didn't get this forum even though I've read something awful for years. I've learned a lot of valuable lesson, I will be back with something FUNNY eventually, but I'll probably concentrate with the videos.

Thanks to everybody that watched and gave comments! I know everything I do is a bit niche and I'm kind of a weird guy in many ways, thanks for making me feel at home!

I should start the "ask the old guy thread" :)

Gone Fashing

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN
i think youd be surprised at how old some of us are

Gross Dude

Gross Dude
How come the actors are never seen in the same frame OP?

ggadwa

Gross Dude posted:

How come the actors are never seen in the same frame OP?

Because they are all me! It makes some complicated shots, I have the script, a bunch of highlighters, and film it all in bulk and then cut it up. This newest episode is the first one where I actually dubbed the Reaper's line, earlier episodes it was hard to understand him because of the mask, which makes it a bit more complex.

I've had other actors, but those are almost always remotes.

i am he

Brillo_Pad posted:

i think youd be surprised at how old some of us are

are you a old

bacalou

i think you need an avatar bud

A LOVELY LAD

Hey man, wanna hear a secret?

i like your glasses OP

Pro Target

Sticky The Sock For A New Generation

on spec

i'm interested in what other odd situations the reaper may find himself in. can't wait for more vids, OP.

----------------

ggadwa

Smarmy John posted:

i'm interested in what other odd situations the reaper may find himself in. can't wait for more vids, OP.

Weekly, every Thursday!

And thanks to everybody else who's watching. And yes, I do need an Avatar, will get to that!

drilldo squirt

a beautiful, soft meat sack
I'm not going to watch this and hope the op dies.

----------------

heard u like girls

lol these own

----------------

heard u like girls

http://youtu.be/6Ef3F8GsNcE?t=1m22s
:cawg:

here to shred

----------------

oliwan

by Nyc_Tattoo
lol?

----------------

Gone Fashing

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN

i am he posted:

are you a old

i graduated high school over 10 years ago which probably puts me in the middle of the byob age range? maybe towards the old side

on spec

drilldo squirt posted:

I'm not going to watch this and hope the op dies.

this guy is arguably the worst poster on the forums aside from the macaulay culkin looking tranny. pay no mind OP.

----------------

Pro Target

Smarmy John posted:

this guy is arguably the worst poster on the forums aside from the macaulay culkin looking tranny. pay no mind OP.

your poist really bad...sorry op buyt your youtube videos are also bad

Pro Target

no offense... but i didnt enjoy them at all

i am he

Brillo_Pad posted:

i graduated high school over 10 years ago which probably puts me in the middle of the byob age range? maybe towards the old side

oh thats not that odl...phew

ggadwa

Pro Target posted:

no offense... but i didnt enjoy them at all

None taken, not everybody is going to like them, but thanks for giving them a chance!

ggadwa

bacalou posted:

i think you need an avatar bud

Thanks, now I do!

bacalou

ggadwa posted:

Thanks, now I do!

excellent choice but where that bone buds gangtag

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
I really liked the videos OP! Me and my school chums are always looking for older father figure type people to connect deeply on a comedy level with. It's good to know we can cross these generation gaps and I really wish you were my drama teacher instead of the guy we have at my school.

ggadwa

bacalou posted:

excellent choice but where that bone buds gangtag

I'm a noob, I have no idea what that means or how to do it, but if it's a connection with other skeletal based avatars, I'm in. Once somebody tells me how :)

Luvcow posted:

I really liked the videos OP! Me and my school chums are always looking for older father figure type people to connect deeply on a comedy level with. It's good to know we can cross these generation gaps and I really wish you were my drama teacher instead of the guy we have at my school.

Thanks! Feel free to ask any questions about techniques or anything, I'm more than happy to answer!

bacalou

ggadwa posted:

I'm a noob, I have no idea what that means or how to do it, but if it's a connection with other skeletal based avatars, I'm in. Once somebody tells me how

bonebuds is for anyone who wants to be associated with it but you need to put it in your text field next time you buy an av wit [IMG] tags or do something so good a mod/ik grants you a boon

FluffieDuckie

please participate in other threads friend

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

demonR6

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

I can confirm that clicking these links did not send me to a questionable RU website that asked me for my credit card information and solicited me to meet young teen virgins from the Balkans who want to meet successful American men. Welcome and may your stay here be pleasurable or not pleasurable, whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A LOVELY LAD

Hey man, wanna hear a secret?

Smarmy John posted:

the macaulay culkin looking tranny.

• Locked thread