Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
Let's make a list of all the product placement in this game:
1. Pabst Blue Ribbon (x2)
2. White Castle
3. Full Throttle energy drink (x4)
4. Primary weapons systems (I'm counting it but just this once so this doesn't clog up the list. Also should I include Colt and Beretta as well?)

Also John Milius doesn't actually have anything to do with the game. This game was just inspired by the movie Red Dawn. He came out after this game was release and pretty much said so after it's release.

How this horrible piece of Tea Party propaganda got a sequel I don't know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

Kai Tave posted:

It's kind of funny to imagine a game like this (technology levels not withstanding) coming out in the 80s when it was the Japanese that were going to buy out America wholesale. Just think, we could have had an FPS about the Japanese Self-Defense Army invading the US instead.

Incidentally here's the games official timeline of events: http://homefront.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

Neruz posted:

It's astonishing how bad Hollywood is at understanding what is and is not realistic and plausible.

Read through some of the emails released by the Sony hack. An exec compared Karl Urban and Kevin Bacon starring in their own TV shows to Anglina Jolie and Madonna adopting children from Third world African countries. Execs wouldn't know reality if it but them in the rear end.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

Ghost Stromboli posted:

I... wha... compared how? In terms of the publicity they'd receive and how much people would care? Karl Urban - no offense to him - is at the level of fame where you have to look him up and make sure he's who you're thinking of, or you're watching a movie he's in and you go, "Hey, it's that guy. What's his name?" And I don't even think Angelina Jolie has been in any movies or anything for a few years. In fact, we probably wouldn't even know if she existed if it weren't for celebrity gossip magazines.

I could also be wrong about all of this. I don't have my finger on the pulse of pop culture - takes up too much of my hole-digging time.

Well it wasn't Karl Urban or Kevin Bacon exactly, is it was more Hollywood's trend of a list talent I choosing to start in films over movie roles its been happening a lot recently, for example Liam Neeson actually I actually offered to reprise his role from Batman Begins and in the third season of arrow and Mark Wahlberg's reality show.

Basically what's actually going on is adjusting to the changing status quo in Hollywood. Rather than understanding that someone over at Sony decide decided to compare to a fashion trend and did not understand how how calling having a black child a fashion trend could be interpreted as racist.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

chitoryu12 posted:

Has anyone done an LP yet of Kane & Lynch 2? I've beat it twice already, so it could be neat to give it a try. Not like the game's very long.

They're have been a few, Ritchez did one for the bad games thread and niggurath did one as well, you can find both on the LP archives.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

Scalding Coffee posted:

I think there was a character in one of the Metal Gear Solid games that decided to abandon the oppressive US and go to the Soviet Union, because a book mentioned countries that are different. It might have also been a plot element.

EVA from Snake Eater, but that turned out to be a lie and she was working for a third party.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
one minute in and you can already tell Jacobs is going to be dead the next time we see him.

Anyways Product Placement:
1. Hooters (x2)
2. Tigerdirect.com (x13 one for the bilboard, one for the shopping carts, one for the outside of the store, and ten because the store seems to be based on a real store, like tigerdirect actually had a rep looking over the devs sholders making sure everything looks right)
3. Diablo PWS
4. Coffee Beanery
5. Jansport
6. Nos energy drinks (x4)

and at least Duke Nukem Forever has the excuse of having been in development for twelve years for it looking bad, this game however has no such excuse.

EDIT

chitoryu12 posted:

It's fantastically ugly. I've been replaying Bioshock, and I'm astounded at how a 2007 game manages to look better than so many more recent releases. Homefront is 4 years past it and manages to have worse textures, effects, sounds....everything.

With Bioshock they wanted a spcific art style for that game which went a long ways towards making sure the game still looks good almost eight years later. I've played PS2 games that look better than this because they went for a specific art style of realism.

David D. Davidson fucked around with this message at 05:32 on Jan 12, 2015

• Locked thread