Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
most erotic flower

aww yiss
motha
fuckin
titties
I recently saw a few animes and I'm wondering what people's faves are. So far I've seen Gurren Lagann, Kill La Kill, Scrapped Princess, Martian Successor Nadesico, Golden Boy, Attack on Titan and Knights of Sidonia. I've been told I should watch Evangelion and Last Exile. What else is good?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i am he

ping pong

tao of lmao

i am he posted:

ping pong

this and Baccano! and then fire anime off into the sun

Al Borland

by XyloJW
Monster
Jojo's Bizarre Adventures.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Commie NedFlanders

my wife and i recently started attack on titan and we love it. from the first episode, i liked how well it conveyed a sense of total dread and hopelessness against an overpowering aggressor. it made me reflect on the "shock and awe" tactic that the US and other superpowers use when engaging in war. it terrified me at first i think i had a nightmare to be honest because i watched the first two episodes right before going to sleep. since then it's been really exciting plotwise, you get the sense of exploring for a basic understanding of the situation, what's happening, why is it happening, how can this be happening, etc. it's a beautiful artistic expression of trauma and very engaging throughout.

i like this guy

☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭
Love God, Love Thy Neighbor
☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭

WetNightmare

by sebmojo
it gave ppl seizures so now you can only watch it with a doctor there nextg to you

----------------

Commie NedFlanders

a dr pepper maybe hyuk hyuk

☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭
☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭

Wertjoe

420 Space Dandy

Salmiakki

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWnkOvi4i6c

https://twitter.com/sallymiakki
ty cat dynamite

emoji

D PimpJedi posted:

my wife and i recently started attack on titan and we love it. from the first episode, i liked how well it conveyed a sense of total dread and hopelessness against an overpowering aggressor. it made me reflect on the "shock and awe" tactic that the US and other superpowers use when engaging in war. it terrified me at first i think i had a nightmare to be honest because i watched the first two episodes right before going to sleep. since then it's been really exciting plotwise, you get the sense of exploring for a basic understanding of the situation, what's happening, why is it happening, how can this be happening, etc. it's a beautiful artistic expression of trauma and very engaging throughout.

i like this guy

This is like the third post in like 5 mins from you compaining about U.S. foreign policy. Are you a drug user or something

emoji
[extreemely high colidge freshman taking intro to philosophy] man the U.S. Is soOoo bad lol

Commie NedFlanders

kraftwerk singles posted:

This is like the third post in like 5 mins from you compaining about U.S. foreign policy. Are you a drug user or something

most of the world is critical of US foreign policy my right wing, clearly not a pinko, friend. it doesn't take drug use to see this, although my doctor prescribes me meds for my anxiety that i think is caused by living in such a crazy society.

substance abuse can make people paranoid and weird, that's something i don't need any more of.

☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭
☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭

emoji
Most of the U.S. Is Critical of it too, but you injecting your profound realization everywhere makes you look a reat0rD

Commie NedFlanders

i guess it's too easy to forget that not everyone online is as uncritical and reactionary as the people in my local part of the south.

my bad :spergin:

☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭
☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭

nvm no cake

anime bad

GEExCEE

it's a show for children about fighting monsters

watho

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

black lagoon, samurai champloo and cowboy bebop you should also rewatch gurren lagann a few times

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/BigClutteredJoey-mobile.mp4
thank u vanisher for the sig
and thank u nesamdoom for the good loops

Slybo

making GBS threads dick nipples

Pro Target

evangelion, utena, tatami galaxy

Pro Target

wow gurren lagann and attack on titan, this thread is already beyond hope

oliwan

by Nyc_Tattoo
it is pronounced eh-nime

----------------

i am he

Pro Target posted:

wow gurren lagann and attack on titan, this thread is already beyond hope

WetNightmare

by sebmojo

kraftwerk singles posted:

excuse me but you are disrupting an anime discussion.

----------------

ulvir

its cartoons but in a different language hth

Pro Target

ulvir posted:

its cartoons but in a different language hth

actually its less caught up in the cultural idea that "cartoons are for children", allowing mainstream animators to explore more experimental styles and themes without having to sacrifice popularity and income

Pro Target

theres no way anything like utena would ever make it to american tv

Slybo

some anime is french

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

Pro Target posted:

actually its less caught up in the cultural idea that "cartoons are for children", allowing mainstream animators to explore more experimental styles and themes without having to sacrifice popularity and income like "cartoons are about sexy children"

Salmiakki

an anime.... but with proper lip synching

https://twitter.com/sallymiakki
ty cat dynamite

Pro Target

WOW! THATS REALLY FUNNY! HAHAHA!

Pro Target

YOU CHANGED THE QUOTE SO IT SAID ANOTHER THING THAT ISNT WHAT I ORIGINALLY SAI|D!!!

Pro Target

shou;ld have banned you when i had the chance

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

Pro Target posted:

shou;ld have banned you when i had the chance

:shrug:

Commie NedFlanders

Pro Target posted:

theres no way anything like utena would ever make it to american tv

i keep hearing about this anime. i wasn't sure if it was some kind of commie thing, i don't think it is, but i only hear good things i might have to try it.

☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭
☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭

Chill la Chill

Don't lose your gay

Hajime no Ippo and king of the hill are good anime

Apparently I'm #1 Kotori fan

thank you matoi and vanisher for the sigs, lovely dad for the cool av

Commie NedFlanders

i tell you what

☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭