Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Prozach posted:

WMOTY: Big Show vs Roman Reigns, WWE Raw, 1/5

You can basically pencil in every single Big Show match at this point. This sucked and did nothing for no one and wasted everyone's time. Much like Raw in general.

Yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Reminder that this is the 2015 one

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

HM: Lucha Underground Aztec Warfare.

Fun hour long match that wasn't anything mind blowing but had cool spots throughout and manged to weave together and advance pretty much every story and feud in LU up to that point.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
2nd

It's kind of a perfect summation of LU because it's full of crazy characters doing spotty spectacular things but everyone has something to do and their interactions make sense and I want to see where all the feuds go next.

Illinois Smith fucked around with this message at 16:30 on Jan 9, 2015

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
HM: Trevor Lee vs. Biff Busick, EVOLVE 36 1/9

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Grozz Nuy posted:

Seconded.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
You know what? gently caress it.

MOTYC: Timothy Thatcher vs. Ricochet, EVOLVE 36 1/9

It was just on the border above HM for me, but I did really like it so I'll give it the rub. I'd only seen Thatcher a couple times before this and I was impressed, I'd definitely be excited to see him in PWG after that match.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Grozz Nuy posted:

Grozz Nuy posted:

It was just on the border above HM for me, but I did really like it so I'll give it the rub. I'd only seen Thatcher a couple times before this and I was impressed, I'd definitely be excited to see him in PWG after that match.

second

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

Dimebags Brain posted:

Fun hour long match that wasn't anything mind blowing but had cool spots throughout and manged to weave together and advance pretty much every story and feud in LU up to that point.

I'll third this. I like what they did to the standard rambo and made it their own. Lots of inventive ring work (that loving painful looking backbreaker Mundo did to Pumachet as Muertes had him in a rope slingshots), good stories and a satisfying finishing.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

HM: Uhaa Nation vs Biff Busick, EVOLVE 37 1/10
HM: Ricochet vs. Drew Galloway, EVOLVE 37 1/10

oatgan fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Jan 11, 2015

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.

Grozz Nuy posted:

Grozz Nuy posted:

oatgan posted:

Yes to all these. I need to watch the second half of the CZW show but nothing stood out in the first half.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
Here's my unnecessary nominations from Tokyo Dome:

MOTYC: Hiroshi Tanahashi vs Kazuchika Okada
MOTYC: Shinsuke Nakamura vs Kota Ibushi
MOTYC: AJ Styles vs Tetsuya Naito
MOTYC: The Young Bucks vs. Forever Hooligans vs Red Dragon vs Timesplitters
HM: Kenny Omega vs Ryusuke Taguchi
HM: Togi Makabe vs Tomohiro Ishii
HM: Kazushi Sakuraba vs Minoru Suzuki

Daryl Surat
Apr 6, 2002

I don't care what you say about this post, but if anyone steps on my bunion, I'll kill them!

oatgan posted:

Just got back from the show. Thirding these.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
I really like Thatcher and don't dislike Ricochet but wasn't feeling their match at all tbh. A weird styles clash that produced some novel spots but not enough of the intense matwork I like from Thatcher or the cool flying I like from Ricochet.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
he knows..
HM: Máximo vs. Negro Casas, CMLL 11/01

Rare lucha match built around limb work! Also rare in recent times: Casas working pure dickhead heel instead of de-facto babyface! If their hair match is even a hair (LOL) better than this it will be a MOTYC.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Dimebags Brain posted:

Just watched this and I'll agree.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..
HM: Trauma I & Trauma II vs. Texano Jr. & Super Nova, Cara Lucha 01/01

The kind of dirty southern brawl that these days seems to only exist on the grimy Mexican indies. Super heat, tons of mask ripping, blood and great potato shots. The classic lovely Mexican finish took it down a bit but it was still very good.

Spermgod fucked around with this message at 07:20 on Jan 13, 2015

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..
MOTYC: Shockercito vs. Astral vs. Demus 3:16 vs. Eléctrico vs. Fantasy vs. Mercurio vs. Pequeño Nitro vs. Pequeño Olímpico vs. Pierrothito vs. Último Dragóncito - Pequeños Reyes del Air Cibernético, CMLL 01/06

SPOTFEST OF THE loving YEAR. I swear the minis do the craziest poo poo of anyone (if I see a sicker bump than that missed tope this year then someone is going to die on TV this year). Soooo much fun.

Spermgod fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Jan 13, 2015

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Nthing the HM for Aztec Warfare

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Spermgod posted:

MOTYC: Shockercito vs. Astral vs. Demus 3:16 vs. Eléctrico vs. Fantasy vs. Mercurio vs. Pequeño Nitro vs. Pequeño Olímpico vs. Pierrothito vs. Último Dragóncito - Pequeños Reyes del Air Cibernético, CMLL 01/06

SPOTFEST OF THE loving YEAR. I swear the minis do the craziest poo poo of anyone (if I see a sicker bump than that missed tope this year then someone is going to die on TV this year). Soooo much fun.
second

everyone watch this now

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Spermgod posted:

:stonk:

:stonkhat:

3rded

the death bump is around 22:15

bean mom fucked around with this message at 06:39 on Jan 14, 2015

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..
HM: Hiroshi Tanahashi/Volador Jr./Atlantis vs. Kazuchika Okada/Gran Guerrero/Último Guerrero, NJPW 13/01

Super fun, maybe the best trios of the year so far? I like how they removed the barricades to make room for the dives. Hopefully the people who bought front row seats for these shows knew what they were getting into...

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
HM: Sami Zayn vs. Adrian Neville, NXT 1/14

A rematch that was just as good as the title match, and a perfect blowoff to the Zayn-Neville saga.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.
HM: Puma/Fenix - 1/14/15 - Lucha Underground

this match was sweet

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..
I didn't like that match much at all and if I factor in Striker it's probably venturing into negative stars territory for me

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Spermgod posted:

I didn't like that match much at all and if I factor in Striker it's probably venturing into negative stars territory for me

ok

different strokes, different folks

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..
Agreed, friend

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.

Yuriy posted:

this match was sweet

Second. It ruled.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

HM - sin Cara versus BNB - Intercontinental Title Match - Smackdown 1/15/15

Borderline but goddamn I didn't expect some of those spots (lucha power bomb) and that bullhammer elbow looked great

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

Spermgod posted:

HM: Hiroshi Tanahashi/Volador Jr./Atlantis vs. Kazuchika Okada/Gran Guerrero/Último Guerrero, NJPW 13/01

Super fun, maybe the best trios of the year so far? I like how they removed the barricades to make room for the dives. Hopefully the people who bought front row seats for these shows knew what they were getting into...

I'll 2nd that.

HM: Akira Tozawa/Shingo Takagi/Shachihoko BOY v BXB Hulk/Masaaki Mochizuki/Dragon Kid - Dragon Gate 1/16/15

Great Dragon Gate trios match in front of a hot Korakuen crowd. When the worst person in this match is someone recovering from a separated shoulder and he's still great, you have yourself a fantastic match. The ending sequence and the Tozawa/Mocchy sections deserve note.

HM: Jimmy Susumu v Big R Shimizu - Dragon Gate 1/16/15

A Dragon Gate singles match with actual selling you say? Shimizu is already much better at doing the "Big" character than Langston and has his Shotput Slam incredibly over. Susumu, like always, is game to lead the youngster through the paces in the finals of the Dream Key tournament.

Biosys
Aug 13, 2011

NotQuiteQuentin posted:

HM: Akira Tozawa/Shingo Takagi/Shachihoko BOY v BXB Hulk/Masaaki Mochizuki/Dragon Kid - Dragon Gate 1/16/15

HM: Jimmy Susumu v Big R Shimizu - Dragon Gate 1/16/15

2nd/3rd on all of these.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
It would be pretty amazing if a match on January 4th wasn't unseated for the entire year, but Namakura/Ibushi is going to be near-impossible to top.

Benne posted:

A rematch that was just as good as the title match, and a perfect blowoff to the Zayn-Neville saga.

Seconding the HM for this.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

sticklefifer posted:

It would be pretty amazing if a match on January 4th wasn't unseated for the entire year, but Namakura/Ibushi is going to be near-impossible to top.

Seconding the HM for this.

Bryan/Lesnar gonna put on a five star classic at 'Mania

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

nakamura vs ibushi was a five star classic

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

HM: TMDK (Mikey Nicholls and Shane Haste) vs. The Dangan Yankees (Takashi Sugiura and Masato Tanaka) - NOAH 1/10

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

Benne posted:

3rd'd

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Benne posted:

I agree with this. A little truncated since it was a TV match, but they did a good job of making it feel markedly different from the first.

I'd also like to nominate:

HM: Hanson vs. Michael Elgin vs. Tommaso Ciampa, ROH TV 1/10

A little sloppy and had a non-finish to set up the PPV match, but all three guys looked good and it had a bunch of neat spots. I'd rather see any of these guys as ROH champ than Jay Briscoe, but I'm hoping they finally pull the trigger on Ciampa.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Yuriy posted:

this match was sweet

yeah 3rd

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Thanks for the link to this one, I was hoping one would crop up. Seconded for the HM.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
HM: Akira Tozawa/Shingo Takagi/Shachihoko BOY v Masaaki Mochizuki/Dragon Kid/Big R Shimizu - DG 1/18

• Locked thread