Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
black man 3
Oct 29, 2014

by XyloJW
Do these speed runners even make a dime directly though?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

Smythe posted:

raising a grip of cash for cancer research and also producing a hit show and getting mad rich in the proicess is sad and for faggots -said nobody ever, cept the fail fuckers in YOSPOS

how much did they raise? what hit show? who is getting rich? all I see is some dude dressed up as link watching another dude play a game in what seems to me to be the least fun way possible

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

i didnt see anything bc i didnt load it

black man 3
Oct 29, 2014

by XyloJW

rotor posted:

how much did they raise? what hit show? who is getting rich? all I see is some dude dressed up as link watching another dude play a game in what seems to me to be the least fun way possible

I actually watched the last 30 minutes of the banjo kazooie run and people were donating hundreds every few minutes

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

black man 3 posted:

last 30 minutes of the banjo kazooie run

this phrase just made my brain turn off sorry

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

idk what that is lol

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

rotor posted:

well, they raised 100k today and its the first day of a week long thing, i think, idk, imnot a scholar on this show. i imagine the producers are probably making some p deece cash and will proilly get more gigs producing video game content for the rest of the careers... seeing as how agdq is a big hit

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

I guess you can make a bunch of money pandering to idiots, who knew

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
oh, sorry, my mistake - i meant to post: stebe ftw - video games are for children - YOSPOS bithc!!

black man 3
Oct 29, 2014

by XyloJW

rotor posted:

this phrase just made my brain turn off sorry

It's legitimately confusing to me why anyone would donate a single dollar to a twitch streamer for playing a video game but I can dig people donating literally tens of thousands to charity per run I mean that actually owns and if you don't think so then you're probably gayer than the autists who spend their lives playing these games

black man 3
Oct 29, 2014

by XyloJW

Smythe posted:

oh, sorry, my mistake - i meant to post: stebe ftw - video games are for children - YOSPOS bithc!!

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

Smythe posted:

they raise a lot of money for cancer............................

all the children who die of cancer are actually just winners in the speedrun of life

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

black man 3 posted:

It's legitimately confusing to me why anyone would donate a single dollar to a twitch streamer for playing a video game but I can dig people donating literally tens of thousands to charity per run I mean that actually owns and if you don't think so then you're probably gayer than the autists who spend their lives playing these games

yeah I didn't really think I had to come out and explicitly say that I'm glad people donate money to fight cancer but here we are I guess

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

hey you called those basket cases bad names! well, they donate money to fight cancer! you must be one of those cancer lovers!

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

I mean honestly

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
what if cancer has killed someone who would've grown up to be the next hitler?

black man 3
Oct 29, 2014

by XyloJW

rotor posted:

hey you called those basket cases bad names! well, they donate money to fight cancer! you must be one of those cancer lovers!

You literally just called people who donate to cancer research idiots lmao

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

black man 3 posted:

You literally just called people who donate to cancer research idiots lmao

wow you're really pushing me out of my comfort zone here

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

lol

black man 3
Oct 29, 2014

by XyloJW
I can see it from rotor's POV though,.. Being elderly the man probably has barely enough money to pay his local housing tax, so donating to some asinine cause like cancer research seems unwise

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

it's because I love cancer

emoji
Jun 4, 2004

rotor posted:

stop melting down

Squinty Applebottom
Jan 1, 2013

and whats up with the ice bucket challenge?!?!?!? can't people just donate money quietly instead of making me hear about it?!?!? what a bunch of losers.

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice
wow i did not know video games would be such a controversial topic in yospos

anyway while you nerds were busy fighting about how nerdy other nerds are this happened:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvFeqpL1KRE&t=538s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhS5XccDGIo&t=148s

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

rotor posted:

i cannot respect any of this poo poo at all.

same but my self/life

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

rotor posted:

it's because I love cancer

oh also same

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

this is all really confusing, but at least they're spending the money on something more worthwhile than Star Citizen.

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Citizen Tayne posted:

this is all really confusing, but at least they're spending the money on something more worthwhile than Star Citizen.

agreed

but it's still watching other nerds watch other nerds play videogames and therefore kinda dumb

black man 3
Oct 29, 2014

by XyloJW

maniacdevnull posted:

it's still watching other nerds watch other nerds play videogames and therefore kinda dumb

i hope you know that this is basically a business, and anything that removes money from the unwashed hands of nerds is inherently a good thing

black man 3
Oct 29, 2014

by XyloJW
you people are so bad at funny computer

med school head
Apr 17, 2012
defending this nerd garbage lol who cares that much about this dumb poo poo

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

black man 3 posted:

Do these speed runners even make a dime directly though?

i think that if you get brought in to do the event you get brought out expenses paid? probably not though, its probably just a promotional event for your twitch stream and such

also i guess a worker from upstairs died from cancer over the weekend :(

Balobam
Apr 28, 2012

i love the nerds who are think they should clap, then stop because it's just like 2 of them, then do it again when more people do it

have some conviction fuckers

also the forest/jungle in sa2b is mad ugly

Apr 7, 2003

Balobam posted:

i love the nerds who are think they should clap, then stop because it's just like 2 of them, then do it again when more people do it

have some conviction fuckers

also the forest/jungle in sa2b is mad ugly

What's sa2b?

Balobam
Apr 28, 2012

the thing on now, sonic adventure 2 battle

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

black man 3 posted:

i hope you know that this is basically a business, and anything that removes money from the unwashed hands of nerds is inherently a good thing

holy poo poo im so out of my comfort zone right now you have no idea

Apr 7, 2003

Balobam posted:

the thing on now, sonic adventure 2 battle

what is it?

Balobam
Apr 28, 2012

a game? i dunno

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
speedruns can be kind of interesting but tool assisted speedruns are dumb as gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

rotor posted:

ok so there's one thing I can be ok with

you just got to have fun with it

• Locked thread