Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
slingshot effect
Sep 28, 2009

the wonderful wizard of welp
is there anyone who actually spent their hard earned fiat currency on a novint falcon? op buy one of those.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete

slingshot effect posted:

is there anyone who actually spent their hard earned fiat currency on a novint falcon? op buy one of those.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfrMalBiXuY

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

Silver Striker posted:

Well, my MX518 is still going strong so I think I will hold off on a mouse purchase for now. A mechanical keyboard sounds nice, though. I also need a new headset. The Sennheiser G4ME ONE PC Gaming Headset, White seems to have a high rating on Amazon, but it's pretty expensive. Does anyone have experience with them or a better headset to suggest?

kind of what Wormskull said. There comes a point where you really just aren't getting $100 difference between a super-high-end gaming headset and a decent midrange one.

I like my Turtle Beach Z11s, as I've mentioned in the thread already, and my friends will swear by Razers.

my only big suggestion is to avoid Plantronics. they were alright sound-wise, but the microphone swivel broke after a month, and the wiring started to fray after awhile. just really not well built at all. For the same price you can get some good selections from better manufacturers imo

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

It is always better to get good headphones and a separate mic instead of a headset, when possible
Love my ATH-M50x

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

qnqnx posted:

It is always better to get good headphones and a separate mic instead of a headset, when possible
Love my ATH-M50x

this was the logic I always followed, but then I was looking for a new pair of headphones anyway and this headset was on sale and Im a huge sucker for anything that says sennheiser on it so I bit the bait hard.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

qnqnx posted:

Love my ATH-M50x

like what kind of mic

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

i have a mouse pad with boobs on it because ill never know the touch of a loved one

Dexters Secret fucked around with this message at 16:44 on Jan 7, 2015

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Sofar the best addition to my PC has been that they're allowing Internet Archive to legally host browser emulation of 2,400+ free MS-DOS games.

They have the entire series of Super Solvers on there.

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

The Taint Reaper posted:

Sofar the best addition to my PC has been that they're allowing Internet Archive to legally host browser emulation of 2,400+ free MS-DOS games.

They have the entire series of Super Solvers on there.

wow way to shoehorn this thread's topic to post about your totally epic criminal acts you loving waste of skin

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

:suspense:

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

Dexters Secret posted:

wow way to shoehorn this thread's topic to post about your totally epic criminal acts you loving waste of skin

read the post again
https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos_games

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

it was a joke genius

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

wow someone gave Maniac Mansion 1 star, that's insanely hosed up

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

Dexters Secret posted:

it was a joke genius

please be sure to use proper puncuation in the future to prevent possible faux pas

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irony_punctuation

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

SeXReX posted:

please be sure to use proper puncuation in the future to prevent possible faux pas

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irony_punctuation

please be sure your parents use an unexpired condom in the future to prevent further offspring

http://www.trojancondoms.com/

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

Dexters Secret posted:

please be sure your parents use an unexpired condom in the future to prevent further offspring

http://www.trojancondoms.com/

Ovarian cancer was way ahead of you m8

thanks for the tip though I'll keep it in mind

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Silver Striker posted:

Well, my MX518 is still going strong so I think I will hold off on a mouse purchase for now. A mechanical keyboard sounds nice, though. I also need a new headset. The Sennheiser G4ME ONE PC Gaming Headset, White seems to have a high rating on Amazon, but it's pretty expensive. Does anyone have experience with them or a better headset to suggest?

Like wormskull said if you don't have a dedicated sound card don't even bother buying anything above $150-200 and even that's pushing it price wise if you're a smart shopper. If you really want to spend a lot of money on headphones and don't have/want a soundcard you can get the Sennheiser PC 363D which has a built in USB soundcard and a pretty cool surround sound effect but that runs into the usual problems of USB audio.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

elf help book posted:

like what kind of mic

The cheapest mic thats good enough to tell your team how much they suck

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I even have a dedicated sound card and it doesn't do much for the headphones, probably because it's a cheap one. So you need a lot of expensive crap to make the other expensive crap worth having, and hell you know what, I don't think there's a video game on earth and very little music where prole hardware won't do the trick. Have a good one.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

The list of games that have the sound engineering teams to justify spending over $300 on audio equipment are:

-Maybe Battlefield 4
-

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

The list of games that have the sound engineering teams to justify spending over $300 on audio equipment are:

-Maybe Battlefield 4
-

Except that game is purestrain AIDS so it cancels out unless you have a brain disease.

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

I ordered a Logitech wired headset. It should be here Friday. It was like $50. Thanks for the advice, gamers.

Erika
Feb 6, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

-Maybe Battlefield 4
-
-BF3
-BFBC2

edit: Racing games usually have good audio too

Erika fucked around with this message at 07:06 on Jan 8, 2015

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider
My headphones have a female 1/8" jack right into the left can. Whenever I want to use a mic, I use one of those v-moda microphones that have the mic right into the cable. They look like this and I couldn't recommend it enough:

Also I'm supremely retarded and like playing first person shooters with my right hand on the numpad and left hand on a giant trackball. At least it's novel.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Gimbal lock posted:

My headphones have a female 1/8" jack right into the left can. Whenever I want to use a mic, I use one of those v-moda microphones that have the mic right into the cable. They look like this and I couldn't recommend it enough:

Also I'm supremely retarded and like playing first person shooters with my right hand on the numpad and left hand on a giant trackball. At least it's novel.

Honestly I'm not sure if I can even consider you human now.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

:eyepop:

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

You used to be able to download free CL - EYE drivers to use the PS3 Eye as a mic and Webcam for your PC but now they charge for the drivers.

hosed up.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
if ur not using jonthan 'fat1l1ty' wendell branded pc peripherals then you need to turn in your gamer cred card

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

VideoGames posted:

if ur not using jonthan 'fat1l1ty' wendell branded pc peripherals then you need to turn in your gamer cred card

You don't even know how to spell his name, or handle. gently caress off troll.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

VideoGames posted:

you have like 10000 posts in the xbox one hate thread

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
lol ok guys i'll try and preface my posts with words like JOKE and SERIOUS in the future so you dont get all upset

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

VideoGames posted:

lol ok guys i'll try and preface my posts with words like JOKE and SERIOUS in the future so you dont get all upset

Save yourself the trouble and just use poo poo instead

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

elf help book posted:

you have like 10000 posts in the xbox one hate thread

hosed up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Save yourself the trouble and just use poo poo instead

CHEEKY: :>

qnqnx posted:

hosed up

SERIOUS: it is pretty hosed up. been telling people to buy the system all their friends are playing so they can game together and calling Stux a human being.

• Locked thread