Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.
Mellt
HP: 60/60 | END: 60/60 [40/40] | DEF: 4

FF Style Theme | Cool Theme

Mellt spoons the delicious soup out, and then tips the bowl up to gulp down the remaining broth. She slams the bowl back down on the table, "Mmmm-ahh! That was great!" She pushes the increasing piles of food and dishes around so she can see, pounding on the counter for attention. "Hey, you two cooks got anything else?"

She turns her attention back to the gria. "You're going to have to do better than that to keep up with me!" Mellt grins, then continues, "So, anyways these guys are up in the tower, making rude gestures at us and saying there's no way they're letting us through, and we should just turn around and go back down the mountain. Forget that! We'd been climbing for days to get to that pass, and it was cold too! Rymr and Jeruun - I told you about them, right, my sister and the guy who hired us? - started arguing about if they could get around the fort or scale the walls after dark, all that tactical stuff. But I was really cold and hungry and annoyed, so I cast a strength spell on myself, and knocked on their door a couple times - with my Stonemaul! You should have seen the looks on everyone's faces when the gate fell over. Course, then we had to fight the guys inside but at least I got a warm meal that night."

Mellt hefts the massive warhammer when she mentions it, then drops it back onto the floor with a loud thump. The tall Viera pokes through her leftovers to see if there's anything tasty left. "Your turn!"

Character Sheet posted:

Concept: Raucous Adventurer

Abilities: 25
Agile +2
Combat Expert +3
Endurance Reserve +2
Magic, Arcane +4
Magic, Witchcraft +4
Quick +2
Strong +4
Tough +2
Vigorous +2

Weaknesses: 20
Absent-Minded -1
Airhead -1
Awkward Size -1
Compulsion [Snacks] -1
Easily Distracted -1
Fear -1 [Spiders]
Impulsive -2
Kind-Hearted -2
Love Magnet -2
Naive -1
Overconfident -3
Rival -2 [Rymr, Viera Spellblade]
Rude -1
Stubborn -1

Defense: 4
Health: 60
Endurance: 60 [40]

Attacks:
Stonemaul - Perks: Effective x2 - Flaws: Unwieldy, Weapon - Roll 7 - DX 7 - END 0
Golden Lion Crusher - Perks: Effective x2, Reach - Flaws: Unwieldy, Weapon - Roll 7 - DX 7 - END 5
Bronze/Iron Tortoise Breaker - Perks: Armor Piercing x2 OR Barrier Buster x2, Effective - Flaws: Unwieldy, Weapon - Roll 7 - DX 6 - END 5
Hailstorm Technique - Perks: Multi-Target x2, Effective - Flaws: Unwieldy x2, Weapon - Roll 7 - DX 6 - END 10
Falling Meteor Strike - Perks: Area Effect, Effective - Flaws: Unwieldy, Weapon - Roll 7 - DX 6 - END 5
MELLTDOWN! - Perks: Effective x6 - Flaws: Unwieldy x2, Weapon - Roll 7 - DX 11 - END 15

Comrade Gorbash fucked around with this message at 05:50 on Jan 13, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Mellt
HP: 60/60 | MP: 60/60 [40/40] | DEF: 4

Mellt immediately launches an assault on the quiche. She gestures at Aubrey with her fork, talking with her mouth full. "Hah! Eat too much? This much is barely a mid-afternoon snack!" She listens to Aubrey's story, and pounds on the table again. "The old days sound like they were fun! Airships are great. Hey, I'm here looking for adventure, and it sounds like that's something you've got some experience with. We should team up! It'll be great!" She reaches over and puts her arm around the gria's shoulder. "No one would stand in our way!"

Her plans are interrupted by the arrival of the nosy bangaa. "Hey, what's your problem, pal?" She stands up... and up... and up. Even for a Viera she's tall. Tall enough that her ears are getting smooshed by the ceiling in here. "You looking for trouble?"

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Mellt

The sudden entrance of the massive beast and its rider catches Mellt off guard and nearly makes her choke on her souffle. She manages to get it down, pounding on her chest a few times, then hefts her hammer. "You - *cough, cough* - you've made a big mistake here, pal! No one interrupts lunch!"

The big viera charges in with a battle cry, using the table-shield as a step to get extra height as she swings her weapon down on the pinned behemoth's head. "Urrra!"

Got an 8 on my attack.

Comrade Gorbash fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Jan 8, 2015

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Mellt
HP: 60/60 | MP: 60/60 [30/40] | DEF: 4

Mellt watches the behemoth knock Aino back, and the Star Knight step in. "Right! I'll give them a knock first!" Spinning the massive hammer with apparent ease, Mellt slams it into the behemoth again, then lets the force of the rebound spin her around. She sends it crashing into the closing panthers, the massive striking head a blur in the air. As the three beasts turn their attention to her, she falls back behind the shield.

Another 8 for my attack roll, which will actually go against each panther and the behemoth!

Hailstorm Technique - Perks: Multi-Target x2, Effective - Flaws: Unwieldy x2, Weapon - Roll 7 - DX 6 - END 10

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Mellt
HP: 60/60 | MP: 60/60 [15/40] | DEF: 4

Mellt enjoys a bit of a scuffle, but this is getting a bit out of hand for an unexpected encounter. Besides, it interrupted lunch, and now the stew is gone!

"What's the big idea, busting in like this? Have some respect for others!" She plants her feet, and raises the hammer high, no subtly there. "Maybe this will teach you some manners! URRA!"

And then she brings it down with all the force she can muster onto the behemoth - which is a hell of a lot.

Let's finish this! Got a 20 vs the behemoth!

MELLTDOWN! - Perks: Effective x6 - Flaws: Unwieldy x2, Weapon - Roll 7 - DX 11 - END 15

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Mellt

Mellt watches the behemoth move off, a slightly disappointed look on her face. After a moment, she shrugs, and puts her slightly more battered hammer up on her shoulder. "That was fun! I could go for a drink after that." She look around the damaged tavern, and picks her way over towards Aino and Aries to commandeer a still partly full mug. It gets drained in one long pull.

"Aaaah! Not bad." She glances over at the scuffle between the cook and sol, but figures Aino has it in hand. "The names Mellt. I was working with Braga's Breakers, hunting down bandits, but he retired, so I headed here. Looking to hook up with a new group."

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Mellt

Mellt had watched the interaction play out, not much caring about the details Aries and Sol were bantering over. Now, though, she jumps in. "If you lot are going off to look for a fight, count me in! Especially if you have a chef along."

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Mellt

Mellt stops and collects a heavy pack from the small room she had rented, surprisingly full of useful things a soldier would carry as opposed to food. She does buy a snack from a street vendor, some kind of spicy meat on a stick.

Once aboard, she immediately throws her strength into helping Cid out. "These little things? Not a problem! I'll have them where they belong in no time!" The viera shoves the cannons around like they're toys, and then starts hauling the ammunition back up. Cid starts rigging a block and tackle to move the crate - until Mellt casually picks it up. When they reach the cannons, she braces it on her knee and pries the lid off with one hand, and then hands rounds over to the smaller woman, moving from cannon to cannon until they're all squared away.

"Anything else you need doing?"

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Mellt

"You wouldn't be laughing if you'd ever fought a witch," Mellt comments, ducking her head to avoid a threshold as she comes out on deck. With a groan, the Viera finally manages to stand up fully and stretches her limbs, back, and neck with a series of alarming pops. "Aaaaaaaaaa that's better. Airships are nice and fast, but damned cramped!"

"I don't know about any curses, but back when I worked with Braga he used to complain about taking contracts from the merchants in Serenity. Said the three bosses they have there - the Trium-something - would play games with it, have you meet a different one each time so they'd get you all twisted around until you can't tell which way is up. Said Rhys is the prickliest, but Hrother's all smiles because he thinks he's better than you, and Kurwen's the twistiest of the lot, for all that she's the quietest. All of 'em are supposed to be mages too, caught up in all the politics they have going on there."

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Mellt

Mellt's been listening - sort of - but she started actually paying attention when food came up. "As long as I get the first serving, I'm in! I knew hooking up with this crew was a good idea - good food AND dangerous adventures! What could be better?"

She claps Felize on the shoulder lightly, so she probably only nearly instead of actually collapses into a heap. "If these louts don't have the guys for it, you can still count on me!" She stops for a moment, purses her lips in thought, then laughs at her own unintentional joke.

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Mellt

Mellt drops off the ladder onto the balcony, and then stands still, thinking for a few moments. "This thing is about as stable than a two legged stool. Might have to run for it if it starts to come down on us. So I think we should make this quick."

She shoulders her hammer and starts looking for a way down.

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Mellt

"I'll clear the way!" Mellt takes off, barreling ahead of the group. She barely bothers with the stairs, leaping down the stairs in a few barely-in-control bounds. The big Viara can really move when she puts her mind to it. The usual metaphor of being like a charging behemoth pales with the arrival of the real thing, though.

Got a 15 to just leap down the stairs and get a bit ahead of the group. Plan is to get in position to drop some kind of obstacle in its path as the others come by.

Comrade Gorbash fucked around with this message at 03:34 on Mar 2, 2015

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Mellt

"Waaaaaaagh!" Mellt shouts as she goes tumbling into the gap. As she falls, she tries a desperate gamble - she swings her hammer at the wall as it flashes past, embedding it deep to serve as a handhold.

Strong: 6#1d6 6 4 1 5 6 4

If I'm lucky, I can death from above the behemoth!

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Mellt
HP: 60/60 | MP: 60/60 [20/40] | DEF: 4

Mellt watches the Behemoth crash into the pool below her, and considers her options. Then she spots Felize, and had an idea. A really terrible idea.

The Viera puts her shoulder against the stone near here and pushes, teeth clenched tight in effort, muscles straining. For a moment, neither side of the contest budges. Then, one begins to give - and it's not the Green Mage. The stones begin to shift, and she catches herself, waiting for the bridge to fall and put the behemoth back into the perfect position. The cook's plan should knock it down, and then Mellt will make sure it stays down.

"LOOK OUT BELOW!" she roars, then gives one more mighty shove to send a cascade of debris raining down onto the behemoth. Mellt stumbles, but catches herself, watching as the behemoth gets buried, at least for the moment.

Doing this as a Paralyzing attack! Buying that perk twice. I think it should last 3 rounds, though it can try to break free before then. Forgoing damage to ensure the effect. Rolled a 12.

Comrade Gorbash fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Mar 19, 2015

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Mellt
HP: 60/60 | MP: 60/60 [0/40] | DEF: 4

Mellt hops down onto the rubble pile, scrambles away from the behomoth, and breaks into a flat out run as she trails the rest of the group. Someone her size takes a little bit to get going, but once she gets up to speed she's really moving. As she rushes by the slower moving members of the group, she raises up her hammer and makes a gesture with her other hand. "Hastega!" As the spell takes hold, everyone's movements speed up.

Got a 10 on Agile 2 + Quick 2 to get out of there. e: My Quick improved to +3 with the spell, but I lost a die due to multiple actions, so sentrygun okay'd my keeping this roll.

Anything I can do help the slower folks along?

Figured out some magic to help! Hastega improves your Quick to +3 so you probably have some extra dice to try and improve your result!

Comrade Gorbash fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Mar 30, 2015

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Mellt
HP: 60/60 | MP: 60/60 [0/40] | DEF: 4

Mellt slides to a halt. "Wow! That was awesome!" She spots the others hanging over the precipice. "Oh no! Wait, I know this bit..."

She digs into her pack and brings out some rope, tying it around her waist. "This is the bit where I pull really hard on heavy stuff. Just gotta get the rope to them... somehow..."

Maybe we should try teamwork on this?

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Mellt
HP: 60/60 | MP: 50/60 [0/40] -10 DD | DEF: 4

Mellt gets Aino to tie a proper knot for her, then passes the rope to Felize. "Everyone grab on tight!"

The big Viera spits on her hands, grabs the rope tightly, and braces her feet. When the trapped party members grab on and shift their weight to the rope, the stone she had braced against gives way. Not expecting that to happen, she scrambles for purchase, but slides closer and closer to the hole. She lets go of the rope with one hand, and with a roar of redoubled effort, uses the free hand to grab at the stones. With three limbs working, she first arrests the slide, then slowly begins to gain ground. She claws her way back to another block to brace against, gets both feet on it, and hauls away with both hands again until she pulls everyone back up.

So even with a ton of dice I ended up with only a 5. Since this seems pretty critical, I threw two drama dice and upgraded to a 10 with that extra five.

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Mellt

Mellt eyes the beastie here, but it doesn't seem hostile. She rubs at her arm, a bit sore from her earlier exertions, and shrugs. "We'll find a way out. Water has to get out of here somehow, right?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Mellt

Mellt hops down onto the Funguar's cap, pointing at the fizzy spot. "I bet that's it! We should dump that salt stuff on it, right?"

• Locked thread