Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Soral
May 30, 2009

i just got this game and my early impression is: its some drat win.
personally i really like the waterfall stage, and the dance club stage with the clapping koopas.

please post your best times or cool vids or anything else in this thread. or your nintendo ids so we can get some races in here.

NNIDs:

All Frogs - rustbukkit
Dont bully me! - DoNotBullyMe
robot roll call - robotrollcall
soral - shirigaruonna
TheLovablePlutonis - Plutonis
Wootman - wootman
YIKES Stay Gooned - dpallday

Soral fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Jan 7, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soral
May 30, 2009

also, a moratorium is in effect on posts about bowser saying the n-word. don't make posts about bowser saying n*gger or i will rebort u to the authorities and have you kicked off the forums. thanks in advance

Wootman
Sep 6, 2014

by XyloJW
the music in this game is v good
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=El9ylMmOG64

i'm down to race whenever tho, my id is wootman.

Soral
May 30, 2009

just beat the staff ghost on mario kart stadium... not a pro time but i'm feeling good about it

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!
I like the cart that is a horse that has a bobbing head as you drive

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW
it's probs the best mario kart since 64, or at least the one i've enjoyed the most since then. i did not like double dash, but mario kart ds was pretty great

Soral
May 30, 2009

SarutosZero posted:

I like the cart that is a horse that has a bobbing head as you drive

is this the kart from the link dlc?? i was thinking about buying the packs sometime soon

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Soral posted:

is this the kart from the link dlc?? i was thinking about buying the packs sometime soon

no theres a cute horse carriage one in the game

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!

Soral posted:

No I dont think so I think I was using it at my buddys house before the dlc came out

It was cool and I dont know if it had good stats but it was more important to me to look good riding even if I lost

Soral
May 30, 2009

elf help book posted:

no theres a cute horse carriage one in the game

SarutosZero posted:

No I dont think so I think I was using it at my buddys house before the dlc came out

It was cool and I dont know if it had good stats but it was more important to me to look good riding even if I lost

oh ok this is cool. im looking forward to it.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Getting hit by things and just stopping sucks but other than that, it's a fairly win game OP.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

we should race out sometime. my id is Plutonis

Soral
May 30, 2009

i will put any posted nintendo ids in the op.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

The only vid I have is of Rainbow road time trial which has sick music, which I recorded before I learned about fire hopping because I wanted to see the upload thing in action, and Bowser is awesome.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AuVmZBvLXM4 Here you go. Not sure it's that cool since it's just an average time trial thing but, that's all I got for now OP. See ya.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

It actually looks kind of lovely for 720p, also.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Wormskull posted:

Getting hit by things and just stopping sucks but other than that, it's a fairly win game OP.

i hate the lightning cuz it mostly just makes the race more boring

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

elf help book posted:

i hate the lightning cuz it mostly just makes the race more boring

Same but red shells, blue shells, and the pirahna plant as well. If there was a mode with just green shells and mushrooms I would probably be happier.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Or hell just green shells and coins.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

red shells are cool cuz you can use other items to defend

Soral
May 30, 2009

in versus race mode you can change what items appear, but its all preset catagories like "shells" and "mushrooms" instead of a smash bros style item switch screen.... a real missed opportunity

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

actually getting the horn and using it to deflect the blue shell is pretty rare but feels so drat good

Heavy Lobster
Oct 24, 2010

:gowron::m10:

Cyra posted:

it's probs the best mario kart since 64, or at least the one i've enjoyed the most since then. i did not like double dash, but mario kart ds was pretty great

:agreed:, except i liked double dash

ds one was great because the netcode was actually good + it was portable. i think the ds servers are down now otherwise i'd still jump online with it every once in a while, definitely the best of the no-frills kart games.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
double dash is the best game other than mk8, come on son

Devil Wears Wings
Jul 17, 2006

Look ye upon the wages of diet soda and weep, for it is society's fault.

Soral posted:

in versus race mode you can change what items appear, but its all preset catagories like "shells" and "mushrooms" instead of a smash bros style item switch screen.... a real missed opportunity

yeah I like mario kart but I'll only play it with no items, bowser vs bowser, rainbow road only

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.

Heavy Lobster posted:

:agreed:, except i liked double dash

ds one was great because the netcode was actually good + it was portable. i think the ds servers are down now otherwise i'd still jump online with it every once in a while, definitely the best of the no-frills kart games.

Yeah, the DS and Wii online servers went offline with the shutdown of Gamespy. It's a shame, because The Last Story had an excellent online multiplayer mode as well.

On that note, I find that goons aren't the most coordinated when it comes to online play, and playing against people you don't know is more or less like playing against the world's most advanced AI. It kind of makes my Mario Kart experience a little bit less than enjoyable.

Soral
May 30, 2009

does anyone know what the h*ck the + button does after you finish a race...? it adds 1 to a counter out of 6 in the top right.... but i have no idea what that is supposed to mean!

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Soral posted:

does anyone know what the h*ck the + button does after you finish a race...? it adds 1 to a counter out of 6 in the top right.... but i have no idea what that is supposed to mean!

Favorites a match for replays I think.

Soral
May 30, 2009

thank you.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Cyra posted:

I think the opposite of this because...well...Tails Butthole Guy.

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

Slur posted:

Yeah, the DS and Wii online servers went offline with the shutdown of Gamespy. It's a shame, because The Last Story had an excellent online multiplayer mode as well.

On that note, I find that goons aren't the most coordinated when it comes to online play, and playing against people you don't know is more or less like playing against the world's most advanced AI. It kind of makes my Mario Kart experience a little bit less than enjoyable.

Were the mario kart DS servers really run by gamespy?

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I think the opposite of this because...well...Tails Butthole Guy.

Soral
May 30, 2009

SarutosZero posted:

Were the mario kart DS servers really run by gamespy?

im not sure if they were being "run" by gamespy but the nintendo wi-fi connection made use of gamespy's servers. so any game for the wii or original ds that used that service dont work anymore, including mario kart.

All Frogs
Sep 18, 2014

Mario kart 8 is p. rad. NNID is rustbukkit but i'm on at random times so yeah.

Soral
May 30, 2009

just unlocked the last character... it's a real shame that there are 5 (five) babies but only one donkey kong character.... when did diddy get removed from mario kart games? he was in double dash, at least

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Soral posted:

just unlocked the last character... it's a real shame that there are 5 (five) babies but only one donkey kong character.... when did diddy get removed from mario kart games? he was in double dash, at least

He was too high to show up (see my recent thread, Gay Diddy Kong Smoking A Doobie. (2014), for more information).

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

my NNID is robotrollcall but I won't play until my Captain Falcon aniibo shows up later this week so I can live my dreams of being Captain Falcon Hank Hill on Mute City

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Soral posted:

Babies are awesome. I'd rather play as one of them than a big lipped jungle ape.

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

A good game. Trying to decide whether or not to splurge on the Link DLC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soral
May 30, 2009

Wormskull posted:

He was too high to show up (see my recent thread, Gay Diddy Kong Smoking A Doobie. (2014), for more information).

thanks for the suggestion, ill give it a read when i get a chance

robot roll call posted:

my NNID is robotrollcall but I won't play until my Captain Falcon aniibo shows up later this week so I can live my dreams of being Captain Falcon Hank Hill on Mute City

good luck, gamer

• Locked thread