Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK
The Killers' Crown. A disgusting and barbaric blood sport, the most obnoxious symptom of society's decadence, and the most thrilling event in sports entertainment today. It's the distant future, and humanity has managed to stabilize itself for the most part. Poverty, starvation, and discrimination have been all but eradicated. Conflict between nations is rare and war is practically unheard of. The average person's living conditions may not be utopian, but they get closer and closer as time goes on. And faced with relatively easy lives, the population of Earth has become...incredibly bored. As it turns out, conflict is in the nature of humanity. Those without conflict will just invent some. And it didn't take long for someone to come up with the mother of all invented conflicts: The Killers' Crown.

The Killers' Crown started as an illegal, underground bloodsport where people - mostly former athletes, bored soldiers and released convicts - would fight to the death for a pocket full of money and a small audience's amusement. Since then, it has evolved into an international television spectacle where highly trained and colourfully dressed fighters duel each other using a combination of technology, magic, and good ol' fashioned weapons. It's become much more than the actual combat, too. Audiences around the world tune in to watch these fighters ally and feud with each other, interact with celebrities and politicians, and appear on talk shows. Bowing to network pressure to keep storylines going and drama high throughout the tournaments, the fighters now rarely actually kill each other except in culmination of a bitter blood feud or as an occasional show of force if their character is supposed to be particularly savage.

Having run for a number of years as a strictly one-on-one contest, the Killers' Crown is trying something new this year: Teams of five. You will be one of these new teams. Fresh off the amateur circuit (or returning to the Games after an absence, your choice), you've been scouted by a similarly small and upstart organization for their new team: The Onyx Tigers. The organization is about as experienced in the scene as you are, but their contracts have nice big numbers on them and they're offering you near-complete creative freedom over your own gimmicks - something you wouldn't necessarily get with a more prestigious org. This could be your big break. It's time to show the world what you're capable of - and make a crapload of money doing it!

---------------------------------------

CHARACTER CREATION

You're on TV. It's not enough to just grunt and hit people with a big weapon, you need some kind of gimmick! Gimmicks often take inspiration from warriors, occupations or subcultures past or present, but they can be more idiosyncratic or abstract if you'd like. Just remember that whatever that character is, you're going to be expected to play it up for the cameras. People without fans have this odd tendency to get used as sacrificial lambs to build hype for some "extreme" character or another.

I'm going to assume that the Onyx Tigers know about everything you type up in your background. If there's something you want them not to know about, please specify.

Character Level: 6
Inherent Bonuses: Yes
Themes: Yes
Backgrounds: Skill Bonuses/Training Options Only
Bonus Feats: 3
Magic Items: None
Dragonmarks: No

Banned Races: Pixie
Banned Classes: Berserker, Cavalier, Elementalist, Executioner, Knight, Slayer, Scout, Thief

Reflavour everything!
In case you didn't catch it above, magic does exist in this setting! How does it work, exactly? You tell me!

Once you've apped, stick around! Ms. Bulos and Mr. Papageorgiou (see below) will have some questions for you.

This game has some custom/house rules, please read them below before building your characters.

CUSTOM RULES

You're generally only going to be having only one combat per day. In order to keep things interesting, you're only going to be able to use one daily power per day (yes, this includes utility powers). Your daily power allotment may increase as you attract sponsors who can give you access to better training facilities.

Your items (or alternative rewards, as the case may often be) are going to come from landing sponsors.

In order to accomodate the non-traditional setting, some skills have additional uses.

Dungeoneering: This is basically the take-advantage-of-the-arena skill. It can help you both in-combat and in preparing for a match. Don't let your opponent dump a bunch of fiery boulders on your head unprepared! Dungeoneering can help you do it to them first!

History: There isn't really anything the skill couldn't do before, I just want to remind you that knowing about the history of the games, of certain opponents and of certain arenas can be pretty useful! The history skill isn't just for academic curiosity. It could literally save your life (or, more importantly, your career).

Religion: The world of sponsors is a complex and confusing one. What kind of things are going to attract what sponsors? What can a particular sponsor do for you? Should you care about pissing this one off? What about that one? Religion's probably going to be useless otherwise, and it's Int-based, so hurrah - it's now the skill for sponsor lore!

Streetwise: In-combat and out of it, the tournaments have a lot of unspoken rules of etiquette you'll be expected to follow. Ignoring them could lose you fans and sponsors. Ignoring them strategically could make you controversial. Controversial's good.

CONTACT

Sometimes I'm in #badwrongfun on IRC. You can also catch me on Skype pretty much any time at dr.wordplay@hotmail.com

Yes, this game is PBP.

Recruitment closes on...probably January 12, if 4e apps come in as quickly as they usually do.

Wol fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Jan 6, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK
SPONSORS

----------

Team - ONYX TIGERS

-- Solomon Jeddah, Owner
--
-- Founder and former chairman of the struggling and scandal-stricken corporation Jeddah Energy Group, Solomon Jeddah dropped out of the public eye after narrowly escaping conviction for a number of financial misdealings. That was years ago. What he's doing now trying to run a Killers' Crown team is anyone's guess. He seems to be trying pretty hard to avoid notice this time around - even you haven't seen hide nor hair of him since signing with his team. You probably wouldn't even know he was involved if not for his name and signature on your contract.

-- Nadima Bulos, Media Agent
--
-- One of the two people who actually seem to be running the show. Starred in the teen sitcom Prima Nadima ten years ago, which has been a mixed blessing for her ever since. On one hand, she desperately wishes the public would forget all about it or at least never bring it up again. On the other hand, she makes her living off her celebrity and media connections, which she wouldn't have been able to start in the first place if it wasn't for that role. You wouldn't have expected it, but she does seem to be able to pull an awful lot of strings on your behalf.

-- Stefan Papageorgiou, Manager
--
-- The other half of the duo you interact directly with, Mr. Papageorgiou can be a...frustrating man. You would not have expected someone in charge of your schedule to be so averse to actually planning anything. The king of last-minute booking, he rarely lets you know anything in advance. He just appears a few times a day to bark at you to "Go here", "Train now", "Catch this flight", and so on. You can never find him when you need anything, either. He does generally manage to get you where you need to be when you need to be there (barely), but occasionally his slap-dash style of management falls through and you end up sleeping outside. That, and it's impossible to even plan any kind of personal time with him around.

----------

MATCH RECORD

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.
OH JEEZ OH WOW

YES I AM EXCITED FOR THIS

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

I'M IN

Generic Octopus
Mar 27, 2010
I can dig it.

Are all the monster races supposed to be reflavored humans, given the setting?

Generic Octopus fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Jan 5, 2015

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
IN.

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK

Generic Octopus posted:

Are all the monster races supposed to be reflavored humans, given the setting?

Yeah everyone's human, forgot to mention. Also forgot to mention that you still get all your standard nonmagical gear!

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.

The Paleolithic Primadonna, the Queen of Cavemen, the Cruel Monarch of Cro-Magnon... Jagged Jeska!

Jessica Graves was born to become part of the Crown Games. After all, it would almost be criminal if the child of two all-time favourite participants wouldn't participate herself, now wouldn't it? Genocide Graves and Deathless Danica were the brightest stars of their generation, and their romance was almost as much a part of their performance as their undefeated streaks. To face one of them was certain death, to face both was a nightmare. Yet when Danica's pregnancy was announced, they left the games and faded back into obscurity, hoping to focus on their child rather than the performance.

If things weren't so utopian, there might've been riots. It was simply not done. Call-out after call-out was made, entire broadcasts explored what motivation they could have to raise something so banal as a child over the glory of the games. Yet, as new stars arose, so did their legacy fade. People forgot all but the names of those almost legendary participants, and their impressive reputation as the two of them lived their lives out in wealth and peace.

As far as Jessica goes, she was always a bit of a troublemaker. Even as a child, toys inevitably broke, expensive vases tipped from tables. She had an almost preternatural talent for breaking things, and that talent was inevitably picked up by her Crown Coach. While her parents only marginally helped her development in the amateur circuit, so she could get her roots settled in the ways of the Crown, her coach - an old hand at the game himself - encouraged her to foster her skills for breaking things and put it to use in breaking people.

Her gimmick of prehistorian warrior was therefore easily established. From a time long forgotten, when things as peace were far-sought and danger was around every corner in man and beast alike, comes this new warrior, with viciousness unmatched an an authority to drive even the hardened veterans at her whim. Her lineage has gone hidden, so far, both at the behest of herself and her parents, and for the profit of the new sponsors that has picked her up for the new team-based games. There will be a time and place to reveal her legendary origins...but that time is not yet here.

Outside of the Games, however, one might be surprised at how different "Jeska" comports herself. Rather than aggresssion and roughness, she treats others with gentle informality and a relaxed demeanour. She's learned to stop breaking things out of simple curiosity, instead channeling that need that drives the core of her being into the fierce warrior that the games know, leaving the Jessica in private to read books, mostly on her favourite subject of history.

Wahad fucked around with this message at 14:22 on Jan 6, 2015

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Vasco Galliani, The Lion Blade (Githzerai Avenger)

One day, you're on top of the world: an unmatched champion of the ultimate test of men, a hero to millions. Wealth...glory...women...anything you could ever want is yours. The next day, the world turns right over. In a routine match a maneuver goes ever so slightly wrong, and at this level, that is more than wrong enough. Now a man is dead when he should have lived, and another man loses everything but his life when he really would rather have died.

It turns out there's only one employer on the planet who needs good swordsmen, and attaining the skill that Vasco had in his heyday doesn't leave time to learn anything else. So he did what failures and washouts do: drift from town to town, searching any bottle he could get his hands on for a way to turn back time...or at least trade places.

Then a few years or centuries later, some girl who had somehow made millions of dollars squealing "OH EM GEE I CAN'T EVEN" on the television walked into Vasco's shithole tenement, through the door that had never locked right, and told him he was coming back. Mr. Jeddah needed people, whoever that was. A new team for the Killer's Crown. Surely the Lion Blade hadn't completely forgotten how to fight? He would have to lose some weight, of course. And perhaps take a shower.

We must all be out of our minds, Vasco had thought. But what else is there?

I can't really think of a gimmick beyond generic HOT BLOODED FIGHTING SPIRIT! And crippling PTSD coupled with alcoholism, I guess.

Hwurmp fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Jan 6, 2015

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK
To clear up items: You get your regular mundane items, do not buy magic items, i guess you can have your 1000 gp to spend on casks upon casks of elven wine if you want, do not buy magic items. The exception to this is if you're some kind of class that needs a magic item in order to use your weapon as an implement or whatever, like a Bard's Songblade. In that case, you get that thing for free.

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010
So how would the Arcana skill work? Knowing any fancy tech stuff the opponents/you have?

Nevermind, I see that Magic is still a thing, but Magic Items are not.

Krysmphoenix fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Jan 6, 2015

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Thrash, Demon Prince of Metal

Centuries ago, the demon Thrash burst forth from the fiery pits of the earth, and gave to humanity his gift: metal. Now, he returns again, to once more share his gift- and to spill the blood of all who will not accept it... at The Killers' Crown!
- Thrash, Promotional Material

Johnny Nicholson had always loved two things: heavy metal, and Killers' Crown. A hellraiser from the day he was born, his notebooks were filled with drawing of demons, of monsters, and of the champions of the bloodsport. Many were disappointed but none were surprised when a high-school-dropout Johnny and a few of his friends started their own metal band: Arsenic and Old Scratch. Playing in garages and cheap bars, the group made enough to survive, but only barely. Things would have continued this way for a long time, and left Johnny just another failed guitarist, until something truly terrible happened; Johnny's parents, while on a trip to Cancun, were killed in a freak water polo accident.

Even as estranged from them as he was, Johnny took their deaths hard. The sizable inheritance they left him meant nothing, and he turned to the only thing he still had, his band. Determined more than ever to make it a success, he spent his parents' money to get the band new instruments, better sound equipment, better make-up and stage effects, even greased the wheels to get them playing in places they never could have before. But it wasn't enough, they weren't successful like they could have been- like Johnny knew they should be. So he did something extreme. Spending every last cent of his remaining money and then some, Johnny underwent a massive array of cosmetic surgeries and body modifications. When all was said and done, Johnny had red skin, sharp teeth, pointed ears, and black, twisted horns that extended almost a full foot up over his head.

His look was an immediate attention-getter, and before long, Arsenic and Old Scratch was on the road to major success. But then, when on a trip to Cancun to celebrate their smash hit "I'll poo poo Down Your Neck And You'll Like It" going gold, the entire band but Johnny was killed in a freak water polo accident. Everything began to fall down around his ears- until he got an unexpected call from a new Killers' Crown team: The Onyx Tigers. They'd been keeping an eye on him since he got the modifications, and they knew he was a fan. With his band dead, his dreams of heavy metal stardom were up in the air. But a solo career wasn't out of the question, and this team could give him the exposure he needed. He signed immediately.

Rest well, rest well, have violent, bloody dreams.
Rest well, rest well, your lullabies are children's scream.
Rest well, rest well, in beds of fire and gold.
Rest well, rest well, and gently caress water polo.

-'Rest Well, You Motherfuckers', Arse-nixed

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Jan 6, 2015

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Kuende Magharibi, Laser Queen, Sparklekiller, She Who Will Set You Aflame, Truly Outrageous

Someone told me once there were two things that mattered in the arena: Firepower, and feelings, and that it is hard to juggle both at once.

I told them I could manage.

There is still a dark side to the world, though it ever shrinks. I am a child of that dark side- some fool's attempt at playing Lucifer. The Light-bringer. Ironic.

My "father," though he does not deserve that name, wished to turn me into a weapon he could use to destroy our paradise. He felt that we had grown too weak, too dependent on the perfection for which generations have died. He wanted a return to form. A war. A reminder, in his words, that we are killers and hunters at heart.

He was wrong about the world. His rebellion fizzled. He was brain-wiped. I see him sometimes, though he does not remember me. I feel it is important to remember why I am.

You see, he was wrong about the world. He was not wrong about me. I am a hunter. I have killed. It is my purpose. But there is nobody left to hunt in this world, except within the walls of the arena. And so the Powers that Be brought me here.

My father built his Lucifer out of me. And for the Crown, I bring Light unto the world. And in my wake is only pain and the scent of roasted pig.

EVO Platform KUENDE
WARNING: CLASSIFIED EMBARRASSING TO TABLOIDS

The work of brilliant but unfortunately delusional scientist Imamu Magharibi, the EVO is a transhuman next generation soldier prototype, packing into one woman the firepower of a particle cannon artillery battery, or perhaps a hunter-killer satellite.

That woman is Kuende, Imamu's only child. While theoretically she could be extracted from the frame with minimal organ replacement therapy, Imamu also psychologically and chemically conditioned her to thrive on combat. The level of psychological damage dealt is irreparable, and projections for any removal from the frame have her permanently disabled by depression within weeks without the serotonin upkeep systems. In light of these findings, we feel participation in the Killers' Crown is the kindest option for her continued existence.

Despite rumors, the fact that the audience loves a laser light show did not factor into this decision.

Transcript
Al Smoker: Good evening fans, and welcome to the Amateur Grand Prix, your one-stop shop for all the mayhem, blood, and carnage you could possibly want! We've got 10 hopefuls fighting for a chance at the big leagues tonight, and the tension is thick enough to be tasted...

In Cage 1, we've got Kuende Sparklekiller! This 5'5" pint-sized power package is here to put on a hell of a show! You can see that grin from here, can't you folks? Nothing ever seems to bring this girl down- winning or losing, she's always having a good time! Then again, if I could create my own rave with my brain I would be happy all the time too! Whether it's here on the Octogone, or out on the dance floor, I'm sure she's the absolute life of the party! What's she got to say?

Kuende: Ah... I'm so happy to be here!

Al: What a happy camper, folks! Keep an eye out for her at the raves afterward- I've heard she parties incognito~.

code:
All radiant attacks are lasers! LASERS! LASERS AND FEELINGS! 
from the EVO platform fused with Kuende's flesh.

K Prime fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Jan 7, 2015

Generic Octopus
Mar 27, 2010

Amelia Tensenka: Belle of the Battlefield, Espionage Extraordinaire, Mistress of Mystery, that Bitch Who Blackmailed Me, etc. (Changeling Rogue)

A lot of people think that war & violence is gone from the modern world (aside from what's seen on entertainment TV), that our social and economic progress has all but stamped out the need for such barbarism. Truth is, it didn't really go away, just went where no one has to see it...in the shadows. Blackmail, assassination, corporate theft, all still very much alive and every bit as cutthroat as it's always been.

Enter people like Amelia, who make their living off stealing and brokering information, high-value goods, and generally doing the deeds that others either can't do themselves or don't want to be directly associated with. The money's good and the lifestyle's high, plus the risks involved with her jobs are a great way of satisfying both Amelia's ego and thrill-seeking nature. She's loves it when everything goes exactly as planned, but cherishes the times they don't; that primal high from the adrenaline rush when poo poo hits the fan is just so hard to find anymore.

When the Killers' Crown finally became the spectacle it is today, it opened up a whole new market for espionage. New blackmail targets, backroom deals, plots for murder & sabotage; so much was happening off camera that it might make one wonder if more fighting was happening outside the competition. Amelia thought once or twice about getting in on the proper action, but ultimately felt more comfortable operating behind the scenes.

That is, until the latest Crown announced the change to a team-based format, and Amelia found an offer in her mail from one Solomon Jeddah. It made sense, after she thought about it; having her on the team meant that not only would her services basically be exclusive to the Onyx Tigers, but since she'd be fighting herself she'd be less likely to be bought off & sabotage the team from within.

A smile grew on her face as she reached her decision. Yeah, the Killers' Crown...hehe, sounds like fun!

Generic Octopus fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Jan 6, 2015

AardvarkGrenadier
Mar 29, 2010
The Stone Cold Iron Executioner EX-1666 Protector Droid (real name Argus Argano) (Warforged barbarian reskinned as dude in a power suit)

(the character) (the man)

“AND HEEEEERE HE IS! A MIGHTY GIANT WITH A TINY CORE! THE GREAT STEAL COLLOSOUS! ARGUUUUS ARGANOOOOOOO!”

Ah those were the days. The thrill of the arena, the roar of the crowd, the blood of your enemy splattering across the now grimy “combat” suit. Yes, those days in the underground arenas of the Killer Crown were the greatest days of the short statured Argus Argano’s life. It’s too bad the whole thing went straight to hell once it went mainstream. Oh, and that whole “50 year sentence” thing was keeping him out of the game too.

Born to who the gently caress knows, Argus was given up to a state orphanage at a young age when it became clear that he was cursed with an abnormally small height. Society may be tolerant of most things, but that sort of genetic mutation was just too much. So Argus grew up in that state run orphanage, where they did the bare minimum required so that he, and other children abandoned there, didn’t die before hitting age 16, at which point he was quickly shoved out the door with not even a “Good Luck.”

Fortunately, orphanage life leaves a person well equipped to fend for themselves in the streets. Unfortunately, being all of 3 feet tall kind of cancels all of that out. Argus would have been right hosed had he not run into a gang full of similarly small people, and they would welcome him with open arms. Of course, every one needed to earn their keep, and well they needed someone to fight in the Killer Crown, and well, everyone else had seniority.

Stealing an industrial power suit and modifying it with weapons and to fit Argus’ height he quickly made a name for himself in the Crown, and eventually he decided he could handle himself now and broke off from the old gang, keeping all of that blood money for himself. Which would have been fine, until they day the suit was inevitably broken beyond repair, leaving him with no choice but to steal a new one. Which got him caught. And as it turned out, stealing government property carried a pretty decent sentence.

So Argus could only languish in prison and watch the commercialization of his beloved sport, until one day he was told he was free to go. On one condition. Turns out some celebrity chick arranged for his release, on the condition that he join a team she was forming to participate in the next Killer Crown, and they were looking for some old blood to throw in their team. Killing the poo poo out of people sure beat rotting in jail, so he gladly accepted the offer. Which brings the catch.

Theatricality had been come a big part of the draw of the Killer Crown, and this lady had something special in mind for him. Playing to his strengths, she and her associates had managed to acquire a new, state of the art power suit that he could use to fight in. But, he would not be competing as himself. Instead, he would be fighting as the EX-1666 Protector Droid. His story: a new prototype guard robot that managed to gain sentience, kill its creators, and in search of more blood to spill, joined up with a team for the Killer Crown. Argus would pilot this suit and play the role of the cold killer robot, but he could never let anyone know that it was him inside the suit, not even his own team, and he could never break character. The illusion was of vital importance according to the woman. But don’t worry, she told him, this suit had been outfitted with everything he would need to live comfortably in the suit, with little to no inconvenience.

While that little clause sounded like a pain in the rear end, at least it meant he could both get out of prison and get back in the fight. And maybe he could bring some life back to his favorite sport. With that, he was taken off to learn to operate his new home and maybe a few acting classes while he was at it.

Tl;dr: short guy who used to be a fighter in Killer Crown takes a get out of jail free card by pretending to be a killer robot.

PurplieNurplie
Jan 14, 2009

Unsung, Warforged Swordmage

I've spent my life in the service of a temple. A temple, now, that has no name...because it no longer exists. In some ways, I suppose I don't exist anymore either.

Back in the days when Kara-Tur was a young, prosperous, isolated nation, our temples to the various gods, goddesses, and spirits that inhabited our land were large, opulent, and, in some ways, necessary for the land's survival. We faced threats from both inside and out, and thus we needed warriors to combat them. Samurai, ashigaru, and horsemen of every ilk stepped forward to defend our great nation.

I was one of the many sohei that trained at these temples. My brothers and I learned strength, discipline, and devotion to powers we could not possibly fathom in full. I learned to use a blade like it was an extension of my being. I meditated with it, fought with it, and slept with it near me. One day, during a routine practice session, one of my brothers and I were sparring in the Circle, our designated spot for martial conflict. A small, sandy circle with a border drawn in chalk. Nothing fancy, but it served our purposes.

We fought as usual, striking, countering, parrying, and sweating. A solid hit from his naginata knocked my sword out of my hands, sending it flying. Just before I bowed in ritual surrender, I thought about my sword, conjuring its image in my mind. As I did, I felt it...in my hand. By all accounts, it should've been impossible, but there it was, clear as day, like I never lost it to begin with.

We stopped practicing after that, and went straight to our respective masters. Their only response to the story? "It's time."

Shortly thereafter, my brothers and I heard about something new that all sohei temples were attempting that year. With an influx of threats to Kara-Tur, and frankly not enough trained soldiers to combat them, the Emperor had a desperate plan. Every able-bodied soldier was to volunteer to...become one with a machine. To die, and be reborn, with a human mind, and an inhuman body. We'd gain strength, durability, and speed unlike any we'd ever known before.

Laying on the operating table, I was nervous, terrified even. Would I even make it through this terrifying process? What would happen to my brothers, my comrades in arms? Could we really face the threat of other nations, monsters, demons, even with these new bodies? After I was injected with the needle, these thoughts left me as I fell into darkness...

----

"OH! A nice hit from Unsung!"

I dance around opponents, my sword making quick work of them. Monsters, humans, it didn't really matter who they were, I was to fight and to win. My purpose in this dark future is simple. Fight.

I dodge a clumsy strike from behind, kick out my opponent's leg, and render him unconscious with the hilt of my sword. The crowd roars at my victory...why? Why do they clamor for this? When I fought, it used to mean something to me. My brothers, my masters, my country all needed me. These people...they just need distraction, to forget about themselves for a while. Do they really need warriors like me to do so?

A reporter runs up to me with a microphone in hand, camera crew following behind.

"Unsung, you're rocking the amateur circut! Do you have any plans to go pro?"

My plans? Doesn't this person know that, for a fighter in this life, our 'plans' are to fight until we can fight no longer? I have no choice but to answer the question.

"It would be my pleasure, were I to find a sponsor. I live for the challenge and glory of battle, so why not get as much of it as I can?" I say, my voice warbling due to coming out of a modulator. The crowd likes my answer, and applauds and cheers. Do they know that beneath the character of a battlehungry literal fighting machine is a human being, desperate to find out how to go back to a simpler time, when he could depend on someone besides himself? No.

They don't know anything about me, because I don't exist anymore.

PurplieNurplie fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Jan 7, 2015

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me
See below~

AXE COP fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Jan 11, 2015

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Sir Robin of 'hood

"Aha! I shall save you fair maidens! Wait for me!" the smarmy man in the green hat yells as he descends a rope into the middle of the arena. "Catching these roses from you maids is a real treat" he says as a bouquet is thrown at his face.

Robin was one of the most annoying competitors in the Amateur leagues, however he had a large following of fans, mostly women, who loved his roguish physique and charming ancient phrases. He based his arena character around a fictional character he remembered in some old book he had when growing up. Since he decided to participate in the arena, mostly for the fame, he's relentlessly trained to shoot the bow, something he feels is a lost art, and also trained to be an annoying prick. He can't go 2 seconds in public without flashing his big smile and white teeth, and he's never seen without his hat.

Even in the team interview with Ms. Nadine he was wearing the hat, and his high pitched voice and fake accent was apparent throughout. He was unsure if Nadine was falling for him, or planning on killing him, but it had been a productive interview.He also has an annoying habit of appearing seemingly out of nowhere and brandishing people with his big, dumb smile.

His bow-work is fantastic. Using modern materials, and cutting edge technologies, he is able to shoot around corners and makes putting arrows through his opponents eyes look easy. And it was easy.

Flame112
Apr 21, 2011
Can I start with a Farbond Spellblade magic weapon for a dumb gimmick Seeker (it is my understanding that all Seekers are dumb gimmicks)? It's not really as important as your example of a Songblade for a bard, so I can totally understand you vetoing it.

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK

Flame112 posted:

Can I start with a Farbond Spellblade magic weapon for a dumb gimmick Seeker (it is my understanding that all Seekers are dumb gimmicks)? It's not really as important as your example of a Songblade for a bard, so I can totally understand you vetoing it.

Yeah sure! I look forward to whatever ridiculous character Flame depresses dazzles me with next!

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.
AXE COP I think I found your backstory courtesy The Office

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Dragon de Oro III, Legendary Luchador (Dragonborn Sorcerer)

semi-placeholder image, if I can find a guy wearing a nice dragon mask I'll replace it

Decades ago, Dragon de Oro was a very well-known fighter. An imposing golden figure with supernatural mastery over the elements, Dragon de Oro stood for justice and fairness. In the arena he would defeat his opponents fair and square - or lose graciously - , outside he was known to use his immense wealth for charitable purposes. (Although he also organized lavish, decadent, wasteful parties, and what happened in Casa de Oro stayed in Casa de Oro.) It seemed all over when the man behind the mask, Mario Alonzo, was gravely injured in a dronecar accident, but he had instructed his son Carlos in the arcane arts required to portray the character, and with his father's blessing he took on the mask and shook the formula up a bit. Dragon de Oro II was a villain, mercilessly crushing his enemies and taking their wealth for himself, almost unstoppable in the arena and infamous for immoral deals. (Although those were largely played up for the tabloid feeds, and the family continued their charitable donations throughout.) Eventually he retired, having almost tripled the family fortune, and the character was never seen in the arena again. Almost everyone remembers the image of Dragon de Oro breathing multicolored mists onto his foes, each having a different effect. But now, ten years later, the insider feedsites are abuzz with the rumour that an upstart team has somehow managed to license the gimmick from the Alonzo clan, and they're going to land a huge coup right off the bat in bringing Dragon de Oro back. But which one - or will he completely reinvent himself again?

Background info:
The newest man behind the mask is Coronado Azul, a young man from the streets of Nuevo Tijuana who, like many others, grew up watching Killer Crown and idolized Dragon de Oro in particular. He started to seek out and gain access to occult bookstores, attempting to emulate his hero, and learned quite a bit, but the secrets of Dragon de Oro's power were firmly in the hands of the Alonzo clan. Eventually Coronado managed to impress them enough that they let him into their inner circle, and when they were approached with the idea of returning Dragon de Oro to the arena, Coronado was their first choice.

The Alonzo clan's secret, other fighters stay out:
Coronado was surprised and a little horrified to learn that the "elemental secrets" of Dragon de Oro were a collection of strange organs and glands kept alive in the Alonzos' vault. Both Alonzos had carried these in their body for decades, and it would require expensive surgery and gene therapy to make Coronado into Dragon. However, there was true magic involved - accepting the glands and controlling their function required considerable mental fortitude, and Coronado's occult training made him a prime candidate.

He never asked where the implants came from, or why Carlos had them removed after retirement.
Or whether there had been other candidates in the decade that had passed.
The Alonzos decided not to tell him about the voices that came with the implants. They're easy enough to ignore, anyway.
Feel free to ignore any or all of these plot hooks, in my head it's something like, they're the glands of actual dragons and it takes hell of occult training to suppress their spirits. Or maybe it's a degree of acceptance, like voodoo.

I left one feat slot blank for now. That's where some Expertise goes but I wanted to ask how that works first - do we carry implements into the arena? Or more to the point, can I reflavour my implement as the mask (keeping all other limitations)? Like a true luchador, that's where the power lies, and he'd be wearing it pretty much around the clock anyway.

My Lovely Horse fucked around with this message at 14:04 on Jan 9, 2015

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.
Siroko Tuuli, The Whirlwind
Brash Young Phenom

Contestants end up in the Killers' Crown for all sorts of reasons. Following parental foot-steps. Dumped by unknown parents. Ex-military, ex-con, ex-famous. For most, its the last resort, the last chance or last refuge, the only place left to find some kind of redemption or glory.

For Siroko Tuuli, it was always the first choice.

Raised in a two parent home with a clutch of siblings, her background is stolidly middle class, if slightly on the lower end of that category. Even in the various youth leagues it was obvious she would excel at whatever she decided to put her hands to. But Siroko found most sports too easy. She wanted a bigger challenge, to really put everything on the line.

When she caught a Killers' Crown broadcast at a friends house, she saw where she could find that challenge.

Despite parental concern, Siroko made it her mission to prepare for the Crown. It helped that minor arcane ability ran in the family. Not enough to really do anything but parlor tricks by itself, but something that could be built on. In the meantime, Siroko focused on combat sports and martial arts. She got dozens of scholarship and contract offers, but she turned them all down, and as soon as she met the minimum age requirement, she joined the amateur leagues.

There, all of her desire and training paid off. Siroko's highly aggressive fighting style and self-confidence, bordering on arrogance, was a hit with the fans. She was an outsider with no respect for the Right Way to do things, no desire to pay her dues, and no fear of any of the established contestants. Siroko was here to win, and she wasn't going to let anyone stand in her way.

And in the amateur leagues, no one could. Winnings and minor sponsorships got plowed back into her gear and in nano-treatments. Every win not only gave her more fame and experience, it gave her the resources to become ever more dangerous. She quickly became a favorite with the fans who cared most about results and skill, practically a litmus test to tell if someone really knew what they were talking about. Unlike the sort of fighters that crowd championed, Siroko actually had charisma. Brash, outspoken, and utterly incapable of deferring to her "elders," she definitely drew attention. Those who knew about her either loved her or hated her.

It was her final amateur fight that catapulted her to real fame - or infamy. She was up against Izzie Wilson, the Steel Hammer, in the title bout. Wilson had been a fan favorite in the Crown a decade ago, and had retired to raise his little girl after his wife died in an accident. He had a great story, and was well regarded as a contestant who did things the Right Way. There'd been some whispers that his path to the title had been eased, but he was expected to win.

Siroko took him apart in the shortest title match on record. Ended his career on the spot. And afterwards, refused to show any remorse for it. The Whirlwind didn't care what her opponents reputation was. As far as she was concerned, he was just another step on the way to her goal.

After that, Siroko suddenly found herself in a strange gap in her career. Everyone agreed, everyone knew, she deserved to be in the Crown. There was nothing left to prove in the amateur circuit. No one wanted her though. She'd earned herself too much heat, made herself too big a risk. Just when her career should have taken off, it looked like it might be over.

Until she got a call from the Onyx Tigers.

quote:

Reflavor Notes:
Siroko's elemental powers are actually pretty weak on their own. Her nano-enhancements work with her suit and weapons to boost them. Anything close range focuses through her gauntlets (reflavored for the knife and rod implements), anything long range she uses her rifle for. The breath-weapon reflavor as the disk-grenades on her belt, which can be thrown or activated while held.

Comrade Gorbash fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Jan 12, 2015

Flame112
Apr 21, 2011

Wol posted:

Yeah sure! I look forward to whatever ridiculous character Flame depresses dazzles me with next!
Well poo poo, no pressure or anything.

Introducing...the Hyper Hoplite!

"Let me get this straight...you took my 100% period accurate armor, and modified everything? Without my permission? You know how much time I spent gathering all those pieces? That shield belonged to the university! They're going to kill me..."

"You'll be fine, you've got tenure. Besides, the audience doesn't care about your stupid historical nonsense! The Killers' Crown is a bloodsport, not a university lecture. They want to see explosions and lasers! Your ratings have been terrible for years...it was time to reinvent the Hoplite. You should be thanking me."

"Thanking you?! For sticking LEDs on my armor and hot-gluing rockets to my javelins? Is any of this stuff even functional?"

"Functional? Let's not worry about functional. Let's worry about preparing you to meet with your new team."

Hoplite: real name Hector Coleman; history professor by day and Killer's Crown combatant by night. Hoplite had been slipping in popularity for years before his agent took the liberty of re-branding him as the more modern, more technologically advanced Hyper Hoplite and signing him up with the Onyx Tigers. Coleman had always prided himself on his historical accuracy and attention to detail when it came to his armor and fighting style, but his efforts were sadly lost on his fans. He's reluctant to sell out and abandon his passion for history, but if he has to choose between adopting a stupid new gimmick or quitting the Killers' Crown, then there's really no choice at all.

Playing a Seeker pros: you get to design a character that throws greatswords around. Seeker cons: surely not important enough to be worth mentioning.

Greatsword-tossing is reflavored to be rocket-powered javelins, any magical effects are reflavored to be fireworks or explosions or something. Windlord stuff is rocket boots, naturally.

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

Nap Ghost
The poo poo-kicking Samurai, the Warrior from the Orient, the Kenshin Killer, it's
Ryu Hazimaka!

Formerly Jack Song of Utah

Ryu Hazimaka! A fast rising firebrand from the Amateur leagues! Ryu was found abandoned on the steps of a hidden temple nestled in the Himalayas. The Monks of the Secret and Harmonious Fists took in this child and raised him in the secret ways of hand to hand combat and the hidden techniques of qi manipulation. But as Ryu grew older, he chafed at the stifling rules and paranoia of the hidden monks. As his strength and skill grew, he dreamed of taking his skills into the world. Finally, he broke his vows, and thus began his incredible journey. Past the freezing peaks of Tibet, through the misty valleys of Yunnan, across the searing heat of the Gobi desert, now Ryu has reached the fabled halls of the Killer's Crown, to take his place as champion!

John Renlow's Amateur League Corner.

Mr. Hazimaka is one heck of an up and comer, a fast and nimble bee in a field of turtles and cannons. But for all his cocky grace and acrobatics, what everyone remembers is his Asian sense of honor. Everyone in the scene remember's his duel with Blood Drinker the Terrible, when he refused to kill the four time murderer because "He was not worth the blood on his staff." Or the time when he leaped into the KCAC 20XX Title match to challenge the just crowned champ, Bearborn Bjorn, not for the belt, but to fight someone "worthy of his talents". But even if he's a bit strange, there's no denying people love him for his acrobatic style and smug good looks. I gotta say, he has a penchant for getting himself in trouble, but not so much that he can't get himself out. We'll see how much farther his swift styled hand to hand combat in Killer's Crown.

*click*

"That's some pretty high praise on the AL Corner. Something to be proud of Mr. Song."
Jack Song sat uncomfortably in the chair across from his agent. When he saw a flier for the Beginner's Crown in Frank's Kung fu for Cheap Gym, he never thought he'd end up sitting with an agent and talking about taking things to the big leagues.

"And just showing up on his show means you're going to start getting attention outside of the minor circuit. Meaning bigger bookings, better equipment, and..." The agent's eyes flash a little, "Merchandising deals."

Jack shifts again in the chair.
"So... that means more fights I guess? We going to LA or something?"

"Well, not quite. I've goten in touch with an old acquaintance, Nadima Bulos. She'll be taking your case (though according to the stipulations of our contract I will still receive 10% of your appearance fees) from this point on. You have a flight in a few days, I recommend packing light."

The agent goes back to his desk, a usual sign that the meeting was over. Jack quietly let himself out and sighs.

"Worth a shot I guess. I sure hope there's a bath when I get there."

fluff notes: he's body modded, got antigravity boots, and wields a staff with directional disruption fields, but it's all pretty subtle. It's supposed to look like he pulls crazy wushu poo poo without obvious use of tech or magic.

M.c.P fucked around with this message at 10:29 on Jan 11, 2015

Huszsersvn
Nov 11, 2009

Nice world you've got here. Shame if anything were to happen to it.

What the hell is that horrible smell? Why, it's...

Birdsong, the most ravenous, raven-est man alive!

Birdsong (real name: Elias Vanhorn) was a DARPA experiment gone horribly right - merging the consciousness of a single man with an entire coop's worth of starving, feral birds has produced the most psychologically terrifying personage since Agent Schick, the man with five blades instead of limbs. When questioned about the possible uses of a man who can use mind-controlled ravens to attack people, project lead Dr. Nordberg Coops replied "They're actually crows, and iunno." Dr. Coops was reported to have shrugged his shoulders plaintively.

When DARPA's funding was decimated a second year in a row, Birdsong and his flock were let go on a VA benefit. He moved to a rural town in West Virginia, where he illegally converted a condemned barn into an aviary. When he and his birds attacked the wrecking crew sent to tear it down, he was sentenced for ten years in prison without parole - "One Free Bite" does not cover the dismemberment and (possible) cannibalisation of six unarmed construction workers. (Is it possible for a man in a bird's mind to cannibalize a person?)

His internment at the Greensville Correctional Center marked the beginning of a series of disruptions to the functioning of the prison. Crow-related occupational incidents rapidly increased until Birdsong was informed of Warden Jacobim Powell's decision to nominate him for the Killer's Crown, releasing him into the care of the Onyx Tigers after having served only one year of his sentence. It was Powell's hope that, with a proper outlet for his bizarre tendencies, Birdsong would never again haunt the Virginia State penal system.

----

"Mister Vanhorn, can you please tell me what that awful stench is?"
"I can't smell anything. Not since DARPA."
"Maybe if you took that fuckin' gas mask off, you could."
"It wouldn't help. And taking off this mask would make everything worse. Please, just drive."

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK
JAGGED JESKA

"Ms. Graves. Please, sit down. Make yourself comfortable."
"'Ms. Graves.' Seriously, Stefan. Ah - should we call you Jessica? Jeska?"
"Anyways, you carry quite the impressive pedigree. The child of two legends. We have the utmost respect for your lineage. However, I want to be clear that you will not be trading on your parents' fame here-"
"-even though Stefan has a Deathless Danica action figure in his apartment-"
"-THE POINT IS you are here because you show promise as a fighter and an entertainer. If you join us, we expect you to work, train, and do the media rounds just like everyone else."
"Should be no problem for you. We sat down and watched some of your matches - you put on a mindblowing show against Sol Astra in the Barcelona Belt quarters."
"It's a shame that wasn't a Crown match. There's a couple teams fighting over Sol Astra, though, so if you do well out there you'll have the chance to repeat it."
"We are curious about one thing, though. You have this whole 'savage' thing going on. That's usually a hit in the arena, but it takes some...what's a good word...panache to pull off well in interviews. We'd like to know what you think your interview persona will be like. Do you feel confident going all the way with the cavewoman thing? Or would you like to emphasize the 'primadonna' part of your character more? Or do you want to be surprisingly urbane out of the arena?

-------------------------------------------------------

THE LION BLADE

"Would you like a coffee, Vasco? A tea, maybe? An energy drink? My colleague is running a bit late and I know he'd like to be here for the interview."
"Hey, uh...hello, Mr. The Lion Blade. Sir. Ms. Bulos and Mr. Papageorgiou should be right along. Thanks for waiting."
"Sorry for the wait, Mr. Lion Blade. Mr. Galliani? Mr. Galliani. Due to unforseen circumstances, Mr. Papageorgiou will not be joining us today. My name is Matt Lungu and I'll be interviewing you in place of-"
"-Hello! Sorry about all that, Vasco. Something came up with my colleague. In his place, he's provided Matt here with...some questions that...oh, wow. That's not, uh...shall we get started? Take it away, Matt."
Nadima leans over the tablet Matt's holding and starts deleting sections of text.
"Hell...oh come on, like I woulda actually said that part out loud...hello, Mr. Galliani! We're very pleased you came. You're-"
"-a legend. All the old-school fans know your name, Vasco. They know your moves. And you're not just a niche prospect, either. The old lion coming back for one last shot at glory, determined to prove he's still got it - everyone loves that kind of story. But..."
"Ah, thanks, Ms. Bulos. We just need to know if you're physically able to compete. As conditions of your contract, we'd ask you to submit to a full physical assessment, an intense training regimen, and if necessary...oh. How do you feel about nanomachines, Mr. Galliani?"
"Alright, there's one more thing here. Mr. Papageorgiou would like you to know that we know you used to be managed by The Wolf. He speaks of The Wolf in...colourful language. What insider information would you be willing to provide us with regarding The Wolf's business and personal dealings, possible current location...wow. Really, we'd be interested in any information you have."

THRASH

"gently caress yeah, it's Thrash!"
"Ms. Bulos, you have to tuck your thumbs in for that gesture. Yes, like that. It means something else if your thumbs are sticking out."
"Haha, you've exposed me. I know nothing about metal! But I do know you've got the look and the attitude, Thrash."
"How much all that mod cost you is your business, but as the old saying goes, you have to spend money to make money."
"If our boss could see you right now, he'd have dollar signs in his eyes. But appearances are one thing. As a musician, the media is pretty much willing to take you at face value, but in the Killer's Crown, they're going to dig. The fans love a good story, and the media loves the fans, right? We can throw all the feuds and 'tude in the book at them, but nothing in the world will distract them enough to keep them out of your past. And once they get there, they'll start asking you questions. They'll want to know what turned Johnny Nicholson into Thrash, and you'll have to give them what they want. Now, that's not a problem! But for a badass character like you, there's a very fine line you'll have to walk in order to make them believe in you. They'll see you as a disturbed young man, pushed to the extreme by a rough childhood and a hard life. You need to feed them that story. You need to make them feel for you so that they really get behind you...but at the same time, you don't want to get too vulnerable. At the end of the day, they still need to see you as a tough motherfucker who won't back down."
"They need to fear you."
"That's right. Now, don't worry too much. We're not expecting you to come in perfect - I can help you with all that. That's what I'm here for. But we'd like to see what we have to work with. We want to see the raw Thrash. So let's do a little exercise. I'll be - actually, Stefan, you have the voice for it - Stefan will be Jeremy Telton on The Need to Know. You and your team are in the semifinals of your first Crown tournament. The fans have been cheering for your team in general so far, and you have a few fans of your own, but the people don't know you all that well yet. Telton is going to be your first 'hard' interview - your first interview where you're asked any really personal questions, the kind of thing that can sink or boost your character. We'll just do one question. Oh, and Telton always knows more than he asks in his questions, so you can't lie or he'll call you out on it. Stefan, take it away!
"So, Thrash, we at The Need to Know have followed your career for quite some time. We've always wondered - well, there's a lot we wonder about a man like you, but right now I'm asking about a pattern we've seen in your work. Your music keeps referencing water polo, always in some kind of negative light. There must be something to this. What is water polo to you and why do you seem to hate it so much?"

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

"Goddamn, lady, that's a lot of fuckin' words to tell me what I already know. But I get ya. Too many fuckin' posers in the Crown these days anyways, don't need another motherfucker who isn't ready to live the life."

quote:

"So, Thrash, we at The Need to Know have followed your career for quite some time. We've always wondered - well, there's a lot we wonder about a man like you, but right now I'm asking about a pattern we've seen in your work. Your music keeps referencing water polo, always in some kind of negative light. There must be something to this. What is water polo to you and why do you seem to hate it so much?"
"Arsenic and Old Scratch was my fuckin' life. Even growing up, whenever it was all gettin' to be too much, Titshark and The Fuckhead (rest in peace, motherfuckers) were always up to jam and raise some hell. You know when I found out my parents got killed by that lovely loving 'sport', we spent the entire goddamn week drinkin' the town dry. We wrote "Drink, gently caress, Puke, Repeat" while we were in jail after that. Good times."
"So, you know, then "poo poo Down Your Neck" went gold and we were on top of the fuckin' world. And they get taken out by the same stupid poo poo that killed my folks? Far as I'm loving concerned, any motherfucker asks me why I don't have a fuckin' pool, and I'm gonna drown 'em in one."

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Jan 11, 2015

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

"Coffee would be lovely, thank you. And as for nanomachines...mono-generational strains only, please. Nothing self-sustaining."

The Wolf. It always came back to The Wolf eventually. Why would a man so secretive take a high-profile job in professional sports, wear an opaque racing helmet 24/7, and make everyone call him The Wolf? And not Wolf or Mr. Wolf or anything else halfway sensible, either: it was "The Wolf" or nothing.

Vasco tried to recall the ridiculous stories that circulated backstage. The Wolf was a Triad dragonhead who had been managing ever since the deathmatch days. The Wolf was a contract killer who copied the best fighters' techniques and equipment. The Wolf was a government agent, assembling combat data for the ultimate super-soldiers to fight one last apocalyptic war. The Wolf was octuplets. The Wolf was the Antichrist. The Wolf was an alien.

"I fear I could not be much help there. The Wolf dropped out of contact not too long after...I did. The last I saw of him in person was when he represented me at the trial. I could tell you what I know and what I have heard, for what it is worth."

"You will know of course that The Wolf was always a very private person. I never heard him speak off-camera. He was not cold or distant, he would always ask after people, but for whatever reason he preferred mail and texting, even face-to-face. I never saw him use a phone. He obviously had some kind of neural implant, even before they were legalized. Perhaps it had left very bad scars, and the helmets were for that reason, although I do not know what would stop him from getting them healed."

"He certainly had no trouble getting dates, and his women always spoke of him fondly, but he never had a steady relationship as long as I knew him. I never met his family; it was a subject he avoided. Any business dealings he had outside of our working relationship were his business. I do remember that I never saw him eat or drink anything, ever; of course, he could hardly do that and keep those stupid helmets on. I can only assume he took care of such things in private."

"Perhaps I will hear from him again, if and when I am back in the spotlight. I can certainly pass his number along once I do. May I ask why you want him? It seems...urgent. He couldn't possibly owe Mr. Papageorgiou any money, could he? He was always filthy rich."

Sorry if this is a total cop-out :v:

Hwurmp fucked around with this message at 02:12 on Jan 11, 2015

Mu.
Sep 15, 2003

The thing about Forevereal Modding Mu is that he loves editing files and wants others to download his permanent mods. Fully editing, rich text, altering files and loving it. Download his mods and enjoy it.
Glory

Backstory
Glory appeared on the amateur circuit a little over a year ago, delivering average results inside the arena but earning a minor cult following all the same. Decked out head-to-toe in ultra-modern and possibly illegal wirehead technology, at first glance most people would expect Glory to be the sort of lurid freakshow maniac that often burn out just as quickly as they appear on the scene. Spectators would gasp to see him walk out laden with over-the-top gadgetry -- surely nobody could survive a working hypometry engine strapped to their back, could they? -- and then be dazzled by the spectacular lightshow he would inevitably transform combat into. While hardly the greatest of combatants, none could deny that he created a spectacle.

If his appearance was strange, the mannerisms that he opted to go along with them were even stranger. During interviews and interractions with spectators he affected the manner of an ancient knight, always modest and courteous, and he would face his opponents with restraint and a great deal of dignity. Occasionally he would lapse into cyberspeak (like a typical wirehead), but for the most part he remained in character, and developed a reputation amongst fans as a modern-day holy warrior, besting evil-doers like in the stories of old.

Unusual incidents involving Glory were first noticed six months ago, during a local network's promotional shoot. What had meant to be a 30-second spot to promote an upcoming fight between Glory and Yung Devil resulted in a hospitalization, when Glory emitted six seconds of ear-splitting static noise, and then struck Yung Devil in the chest hard enough to break several ribs and collapse both of his lungs. Two weeks later, just prior to a ladder event, Glory was caught strangling a stage worker for no known reason, before collapsing motionless to the ground and being quickly dragged away by his handlers.

Rumours began to spread about the brain damage Glory must surely have suffered after prolonged exposure to so much dangerous technology, but others dismissed the stories as having been invented by event organisers in order to increase the buzz surrounding him. A few people suggested that Glory was not a man at all, but an honest-to-God artificial intelligence whose programming had started to go awry.

Whatever the truth of it, the worst accident happened one month ago, at the conclusion of a fight between Glory and a brand new fighter named Blackeye. It was typical fare for a new fighter who'd been given a shot at someone a little better known: Glory held back a lot during the early stages of combat, letting Blackeye show off some technique, and Glory would occasionally compliment a move, or give Blackeye some inspirational advice. Halfway through a particularly sentimental piece of speech, Glory spasmed once and then teleported to Blackeye's back. The crowd then watched in horror as Glory garbled the word "Glory" 166 times, and hacked at Blackeye's body with his glaive 166 times.

In the space of 24 hours, a recording of the incident titled "I think Glory just lost his god drat mind" was watched online more than 200-million times, and a star was born.

Appearance and Fighting Style
Glory is an impressive-looking gilded warrior, sporting a variety of odd cybernetic enhancements and gadgets. Most noteworthy is his Radiant Defensive System, which allows him to project lights in three styles (flicker, strobe and dazzle) and is also responsible for the corona-like halo which appears at his back and gives him his name. Coupled with his hypometry engine which allows him to warp local space, Glory relies on short, quick movements and distracting lights to confuse and disorient his opponents. His weapon of choice is a silver holo-glaive, which he employs with the grace of a terrifying dancer.

I played D&D4e once, several years ago, and that's the full extent of my experience with the system. If this game isn't newbie-friendly let me know~

Mu. fucked around with this message at 13:59 on Jan 11, 2015

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.
As a rule question, would it be possible to trade out standard racial abilities for some of the alternate ones? Specifically I was thinking of doing the Bozak Draconian and grabbing Arcane Blood and Instinctive Flight.

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK
@Mu., always newbie-friendly here!

@Gorbash, go ahead!

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost
This looks pretty cool!

|
Source
Anya Petrovic cybernetic pilot of the All-Terrain Mobile Suit Diamondback (Dwarf Warden, Guardian Theme)

The Pitch

Once a patriotic mobile suit pilot for her motherland in Russia, Anya Petrovic now walks a darker path. After being severely wounded in an ambush by insurgents* that wiped out the rest of her squad during a routine patrol, she is out for blood, and the Killer’s Crown has been more than happy to oblige.

Cybernetically enhanced with high performance muscle fibres, armoured skin, titanium alloy bones and the latest in synthetic eyes**, she is a force to be reckoned with outside the Diamondback. Inside, behind several thick layers of armour and self-repairing nano-machines she has proven herself to be nigh unstoppable in the amateur leagues, capable of taking incredible amounts of punishment, Anya wears down her opponents with her methodical fighting style before crushing them underneath her hefty sonic hammer.

Out of the arena, her coarse, blunt nature has earned her few friends in her fellow fighters. Already she has struck up a bitter rivalry with the Skytech™ sponsored Silver Star™, their tensions backstage possibly coming to a head in this year’s set of team matches. Who will come out on top, The outspoken veteran or the rising star? It’s anyone’s guess! Beyond the fighters, she’s picked up fans across globe ranging from ex-military, to the tech-obsessed, to some particularly fierce Russian nationalists*** who have never missed a chance to see her live! Although they’re just as likely to get the same attitude as her competitors as they are to receive a simple “thank you.”

However, do not let Anya’s gruff exterior deceive you. Her time in the Russian military has left her a deep understanding of what it means to work as a team, making her an excellent choice for this upcoming year’s team tournament, as well as a worthy addition to The Onyx Tiger’s stable of fighters.

For further inquiries please contact me.
- Maya Piersson, handler.

*Handler’s note: No interviews about the incident.
**Handler’s note: Capable of eye-cam live streaming.
***Handler’s note: Minimise Anya’s contact with this demographic.

A Secret

Summary: Not actually Russian, press-ganged into the Killer's Crown by Skytech for a plan aimed at boosting the popularity of their own fighter.

Reskins:
Dwarven - Russian
Slows - minor disorientation from the sonic hammer's frequency.
Form of the Winter Herald - venting coolant
Boiling Cloud - repair nanite swarm
Dwarf speed - ponderous mech / unfamiliarity with cybernetic legs
Throwing hammers - machine gun
Bear's Endurance - Suit shuts down and Anya fights with her bare hands.

E; So many good apps, drat.

Blank Construct fucked around with this message at 10:21 on Jan 12, 2015

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me

GOLDFACE Dragonborn Bravura Warlord The Supervillain

Like Kung-Fu fighting everybody was biting
Then the super-villain struck again like lightning
In the same spot (bzzz!) now what's the chance of that?
And a name drop like pick the name out the hat...

Chances are, if you've turned on a televid in the last twenty years - even if you're one of that rare breed who don't watch the Crown - you've heard the name GOLDFACE. Two decades ago he was a bum working nights at the Crown's back-alley arenas, selling hotdogs, scraping together just enough cash to pursue his struggling music career, and watching the fights. At this point, The Killer's Crown was teetering on the edge of legitimacy - while still technically illegal, shakycam videos recorded and sold by entrepreneurial audience members were starting to become more and more popular across the world. Whatever shady figures ran the Crown in those days could smell an opportunity for money when it presented itself. They started to make their own recordings, encouraging unofficial feuds amongst the fighters to spice up the proceedings a bit. Mainstream popularity - and a mainstream cash flow - was beckoning, but they needed that shell of theatricality and showmanship to really take off. They ran through a gamut of different commentators and presenters, but none of them quite had that zing that could really get the audience going. As it turns out, being a shadowy back-alley bloodsport tournament organiser doesn't really give you the skills needed for showbiz.

Two weeks later, the Crown found itself without a commentator, after Bob "Barker" Barker ended up with a vibro-axe planted in his forehead following a particularly brutal showmatch. Running short of options, the Crown's organisers appealed to the crowd - was there anyone there willing to come up and cover the match while they sorted out a replacement? After seeing Bob's fate, people were understandably reluctant... until a young hot dog vendor with a golden cyberface and filthy clothes stood up. What followed turned into one of the most viral videos of the year, and nowadays going viral means everyone saw it. GOLDFACE gave one of the hypest and most energetic commentaries that anyone had ever heard. His famous phrase "It's the Crown, baby!" is still being repeated today. What's more, his years of standing in the crowd selling crappy hot food had given him a depth and breadth of knowledge of the Crown's fighters that almost nobody else could match. When the replacement commentator finally arrived to take over, he found himself booed off the commentary desk - all the crowd wanted was more GOLDFACE, and for the rest of the night, that's what they got.

Six hours later he stood up dazed and exhausted from the desk and stumbled into celebrity-hood. The Crown's organisers had finally found the face that could take them into the mainstream, and the rest was history. Riding high on the fame of that video, his music career (that could previously be called "underground" if you were being charitable) took off like wildfire, and his career in the Crown along with it. He's presented shows, guest refereed, played agent and manager to dozens of fighters (including the famous Genocide Graves), hosted talk shows, and even sells the occasional hot dog, just for old time's sake. The only thing he's never done in his two decades of experience is fight in the ring himself.

But now that's changing. Nobody quite knows why the music star-cum-sports personality has thrown his hat into the ring. Speculation is rampant that perhaps his fortune from his recording days has begun to run dry. But why a rookie team like the Onyx Tigers? With his experience and the brand recognition his name brings, he could have gotten a contract with pretty much any squad in the tournament. It's an enigma, which of course hasn't stopped people from pretending they know exactly what's going on. One thing's for certain: his matches will be ones to watch.

The reality is that GOLDFACE is dead broke. As it turns out, "odd-job presenter" isn't a job title that carries a real paycheck. Worse, he owes a rather gigantic debt to a certain Mr. Jeddah following his involvement in the disastrous Jeddah Energy Corp (hey, everyone makes mistakes, especially when downing that heady brew called "sudden fame"). So now he finds himself shackled to some tiny startup team that he's never heard of before with a group of random amateurs. Not that he'll let anyone know that. As far as they're concerned, he's simply bringing a veteran touch to some grateful newbies. At least he'll have a chance to run his own gimmick for once. He's still just as much of a real fan of the Crown as that young hot dog vendor was all those years ago, and he's had plenty of time to dream up a shtick. Now the Supervillain strides out into the arena, a grandiose presence full of evil schemes and signature brutality.

GOLDFACE's most noticeable cybernetic is, of course, his golden face - covering up a horrible disfigurement caused by a rare genetic disorder - but he has a whole host of other "assists" pumping through his body that allow him to punch well above his weight class. But then, that's not too special. Plenty of people in the Crown have cybernetics, and most of them are probably more modern than his. The most valuable thing he brings to any fight is his experience. Nobody knows the Crown better than he does, knows the plays and the players, the intricacies of the arena and the dizzying world of sponsors. Over two decades he's seen the same mistakes repeated over and over again, and he knows exactly how to exploit them. His golden mask and nefarious charisma naturally lend themselves to a heel's role, but underneath that he's a born leader, and he's perfectly willing to teach his teammates the tricks of the trade. After all, once he was just a starry-eyed young man with dreams of making it big - why shouldn't he help the next generation who could one day replace him in the Crown?

Not too much reskinning going on.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Let's call my guy Dragon Prismatico. Considering his powers are all over the place with the elements, that seems to make more sense. I might also change his breath weapon from fire to something he doesn't have yet.

Plus that way his implants could all be from the same dragon/mysterious creature and he'd channel one spirit instead of several.

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.

quote:

"Ms. Graves. Please, sit down. Make yourself comfortable."
"'Ms. Graves.' Seriously, Stefan. Ah - should we call you Jessica? Jeska?"
"Whatever you like. You're my bosses now, right? So call me whatever works."

quote:

"Anyways, you carry quite the impressive pedigree. The child of two legends. We have the utmost respect for your lineage. However, I want to be clear that you will not be trading on your parents' fame here-"
"-even though Stefan has a Deathless Danica action figure in his apartment-"
"-THE POINT IS you are here because you show promise as a fighter and an entertainer. If you join us, we expect you to work, train, and do the media rounds just like everyone else."
"Should be no problem for you. We sat down and watched some of your matches - you put on a mindblowing show against Sol Astra in the Barcelona Belt quarters."
"It's a shame that wasn't a Crown match. There's a couple teams fighting over Sol Astra, though, so if you do well out there you'll have the chance to repeat it."
"Yeah, good times. But listen, I've come so far without my parents, I can go a bit further. You don't have to remind me that this is a job. If we see Astra back though, they're all mine. Everybody loves a grudge match, after all."

quote:

"We are curious about one thing, though. You have this whole 'savage' thing going on. That's usually a hit in the arena, but it takes some...what's a good word...panache to pull off well in interviews. We'd like to know what you think your interview persona will be like. Do you feel confident going all the way with the cavewoman thing? Or would you like to emphasize the 'primadonna' part of your character more? Or do you want to be surprisingly urbane out of the arena?
"Well, I'm not sure I'll be able to act all prissy and diva-like with consistency, if that's what you're asking. But I can do crude and raw, if you like. Long as you guys won't have me talk like "ME CLUB YOU, UGH", I think it'll be fine. Smart cavewoman is a gimmick we can work with, right?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Allik, Revenant Rogue The Killa

Audio logs retrieved from Dr. Sarah Conway's personal computer, related to Project R-FLEX

Day 1 of experiment

Subject name: Aulis Saari, age 22 Acquired from Finnish prison. Was not forced, chose this life sentence.
Convicted of: Two counts of contract killing, one count of assault with a deadly weapon.
Notes: Short. Made no attempt at conversation, and never asked what test would involve.

Day 27 of experiment

Subject is responding well to drugs, both psychologically and physically. Reflexes already seem faster, seems much more compliant - of course, he was already compliant.

Day 37 of experiment

Subject disobeyed. Hired on a fighter from Killer's Crown. Young man, some victories under belt. Set the two to fight. Subject won. Despite orders, did not kill. Refuses to speak, even after discipline.

Day 71 of experiment

Subject broke silence today. Asked me about where that fighter he spared came from, where we had gotten him. Explained Killer's Crown to him, in case drugs had wiped his memory of it. Grin spread across features. Unpleasant.

Day 75 of experiment

Failure. Subject wounded a man. Assistant. Since he had been so obedient, we did not think - regardless, project has been shut down. Subject fled after his attack. Current whereabouts unknown. Project was secretive to begin with, so no manhunt can begin, and we wiped history of him from databases. In essence, free man.

Security camera footage from nearby convenience store, two days after last entry of Dr. Conway's log.

"Nice costume, man. You headed up to the city too, man? Trying to get scouted?"
"..."
"Yeah, me too. Just a few miles and we'll be superstars, dude! Well, maybe not right away, but - c'mon, they always need warm bodies. You knock a few heads and I figure we gotta rise."
"... Which way?"
"Huh? Oh, uh, it's... north... c'mon man, it's the city! Every Crown org worth their salt scouts from the indies 'round there. You could be Goliath, but if you're out in the sticks, they don't give a poo poo. You gotta go where the eyes are. Hey, want a smoke?"
"No, thank you."
"That's coo- hey, where you going? You been hiking all this way? Goddamn, man, if you need a ride..."

Security camera footage, backstage at Bloodthrone Fighting League (BFL) show
"C'mon man, you gotta have a gimmick. No, no, wait, I got it - The Ninja!"
"..."
"Yeah that one sucked. Wait, this one for sure - Allik!"
"Hm."
"It's Killa spelled backwards, man. You can't tell me that ain't loving rad."

Recording of same show, uploaded to various websites under the title "Blood Brothers killed by ninja"
"The newcomers ain't doing so hot! Allik's keeping himself alive, but his partner isn't so lucky."
"Indeed, John. Of course, neither of them are lucky when you think about it. They got matched up against the champs their first night! The Blood Brothers are putting on a clinic, and - yeowch, that was a nasty hit to leg he just took there. I think it might be broken. The medics have been dispatched..."
"But The Crusher is forcing them back! And wait, what's his brother doing with that hammer - Holy poo poo, the man's a maniac!"
"But the fans love it, John!"
"Jesus! With God as my witness, The Destroyer has just broken that kid's *other* leg! This is just torture! And he's raising the hammer, hell, he's going straight for that boy's spine -"
"Can Allik make the save? Here he comes, knives at the - what the gently caress!?"
"The cameras! Zoom those cameras in, what am I paying you for? If he kills our meal tickets, I at least want a drat glamour shot of it!

Hidden camera at back-alley hospital
"Ehh, good news bad news. Good news - your friend will walk again! Bad news... not without surgery."
"How much will it cost?"
"How much you got in your pocket? ... ... Bad news, your friend will not walk again. Ever. Goodbye."
"I will get the money. I will get scouted. Then you will have all the money you want."
"... Ehh, you have a few months. But I want interest."

Wiretap on payphone, placed fifteen years ago by aging conspiracy theorist
"Goddamn, Allik, you're a hard man to find. Who on Earth doesn't have a cell these days? Or a contact implant? I haven't had to make a call like this since I was in second grade."
"Goodbye."
"No, no, wait, drat, kid, let a man finish talking - I got a job offer for you! "
"Goodbye."
"It's the Crown, you jackass. You took down The Blood Brothers really impressive-like, and-"
"I accept."
"I'm with a new team, but we've got lots of opp- wait, wha-"
"Goodbye."

(Convict turned test subject for performance enhancing drug, escaped, made a friend, friend got beat so bad he needs surgery, takes first offer he gets after killing two big indie stars because he needs the money. The experiment was top-secret, so Onyx Tigers wouldn't know about it. Rest is easy for them to know. Hopefully apps are still open, or I just made a wall of text for nothing.)

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK
Submissions are closed! The rest of the questions are coming up shortly. Picks will follow.

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK
KUENDE

"Kuende Magharibi. It goes without saying that a Killers' Crown contestant is capable of violence, but you? You're dangerous."
"Mmhm. Think of what you represent. A pure id, a being of ultimate will who's truly capable of anything. And all wrapped up in a colourful fluorescent package. The kids will love you. The neo-punks will love you. The anti-Killers' Crown crowd will think you're literally the devil, but protesters go away on their own eventually. Usually."
"Speaking of dealing with protestors, I'm led to believe you have killed before. You are comfortable with it, yes? If the proper situation arose, you could do it without hesitation? I ask only because not all fighters are. We don't want to leave a pile of bodies in our wake, but a well-placed corpse here and there could give us an edge not many teams can muster."
"Y...eah. Let's hope it doesn't come to that. Actually, can you do the whole flashy light thing without making people around you explode? Just curious."

AMELIA

A conversation between Stefan Papageorgiou and his intern Matt Lungu, "overheard" by Amelia Tensenka
"Did you look at those tapes I sent you this morning?"
"The Tensenka ones? Yeah, she seems pretty good. Um, was there anything I was supposed to be looking for in particular?"
"Yes. Pull them up again."
"Alright. Um. Did you want me to watch the whole thing, or-"
"-No need. What you need to see isn't in the videos."
"Oh. Okay. So let's see..."
"Sorry, Mr. P. I got nothing."
"Look here. I sent you the videos, but who sent them to me?"
"Oh! Mr. Jeddah sent them! That's kinda weird, right? It's usually the fighter or an agent who sends them in."
"Right. So the next question you have to ask yourself is 'why?'"
"Well, I did a bit of snooping. Thought it was weird most of her footage was from show matches and the only tournament footage was from just a couple months ago. Turns out nobody's heard of her before a couple months ago. She's no greenie, though. The way she holds herself, the way she moves - that can't be just raw talent. That's experience.
...so I guess Mr. Jeddah knows her personally? She's from, I dunno, somewhere else, and wants to get into the arena? So Mr. Jeddah's doing her a favour?"
"I wonder. If she was his friend, I would expect Mr. Jeddah to have introduced us by now. At least, I would have expected him to say something about how they knew each other or who she was."
"So...you're going to say 'why wouldn't he say anything'. I guess he - he could um - he could have some kind of ulterior motive? For wanting her on the team?"
"Or she has something on him."
"Oh."
"It's worth investigating. We have no idea who this woman is, other than that she's a strong fighter. We know her skills come from outside the ring, which means she's used to violence outside the ring. She's dangerous at the very least. If she has power over Mr. Jeddah somehow, that puts him in danger, and that puts the company in danger."
"Oh. Uh, sorry I didn't catch that. I should look more carefully next time."
"Don't worry about it. That's why I'm telling you all this. You have good instincts, kid - they just need honing. That'll come with experience."
"Alright, so what do we do now?"
"I've been looking for information on this woman all day and come up with nothing. 'Amelia Tensenka' must be a recent invention. I'll have to ask around, see if any of my friends know anything. In the meantime...I'll need you to do something for me. I'll need you to look through Mr. Jeddah's data for any correspondence with Tensenka."
"What? You can't - you can't be serious, Mr. P.! What if he finds out?"
"This is for his benefit, remember? And whatever Mr. Jeddah does, you work for me. Your career is safe."
Stefan Papageorgiou leaves.
"holycrapholycrapholycrapholycrapholycrap. I'm hosed, aren't I? I'm totally hosed."

Generic Octopus, just looking for Amelia's thoughts on the conversation and the organization in general. Whatever comes to your mind basically!

IRON EXECUTIONER

"Hi, Argus! We've already gone over most of I'd cover in this interview, and my colleague who usually does this with me is away on business, so this is mostly a formality. I'll keep it short."
"Okay, so an idea came to me for a future storyline. Any members from your old gang who're also competing for the Crown now? Anyone you knew from jail? Friends, enemies? Half the fun of a mysterious robot is hinting that it has some kind of secret purpose or a soul or whatever, and making a pattern out of your actions could really get the rumour mill going."

UNSUNG

"Come in, Unsung. Please sit down."
"Or stand. Standing works too. So it says here you're some kind of ancient warrior. After slumbering for millennia, you've mysteriously re-awoken and joined the Killers' Crown to feel the thrill of combat again! That's a pretty good character, and you're saying it's real, too? Not bad. I think you'll do well. All we need is some kind of character for you. Some kind of emotional resonance, y'know? So tell me - what do you think of the present? What do you think of this new world? Don't hold back - emotion sells, even if you're telling people how poo poo they are. Tell me in your best authoritative voice. Tell me like it's not your opinion, it's the great truth of this world that only you can see."
"Alright, good, good. Now, when people start to think of you as a human being - and they will, because trust me that's way more interesting than just another soulless killing machine - they're going to want to know more about you from before the whole robotty thing. Were you handsome? Ugly? Charming? An outcast? Powerful? Or did you live to serve? Say whatever you like. There's no wrong answer - I'm just curious about what you come up with and why you feel it would fit you."

SIR ROBIN

"Okay, Robin. Your method acting is impressive, but you really don't need to prove how committed you are to your character. You've proven it already. I get it. So could you please, please, stop making faces at me for one minute and read this contract?
Stefan Papageorgiou enters.
"Hello, Ms. Bulos. Mr...."
"Sir Robin. Our newest prospect. Sir Robin, this is my colleague Mr. Papageorgiou. I need to go and...take a call...for a couple minutes. It might be more than a couple minutes, actually. I may not be back. In the meantime, Mr. Papageorgiou will pick up where I left off."
Nadima Bulos leaves.
"Sir Robin. It says here you've been named Crown Jewel's 'Entertaining Amateur of the Year' and 'Hateable Amateur of the Year'. 'Entertaining' is enough of an accolade, but to win another award on top of that is incredibly rare. You rank highly both on fan Top 10 lists and Worst 10 lists, meaning whether they want you to win or get killed, fans tune in to watch you. And then there was your photoshoot on the front page of FitNet. Everything about you says 'money, money, money'. So tell me why you're still unsigned and why your asking price is so low. Whatever the reason, I'll be much more forgiving now than I will be if I find out three months from now from some talk show hack that you strangle puppies for fun."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Wol posted:

KUENDE

"Kuende Magharibi. It goes without saying that a Killers' Crown contestant is capable of violence, but you? You're dangerous."

I'm glad that's the first thing you think of to describe me. Mmm. Dangerous. Yes. I like being dangerous. It means something, even in this world of plenty. The ability to project danger still gives you power.

quote:

"Mmhm. Think of what you represent. A pure id, a being of ultimate will who's truly capable of anything. And all wrapped up in a colourful fluorescent package. The kids will love you. The neo-punks will love you. The anti-Killers' Crown crowd will think you're literally the devil, but protesters go away on their own eventually. Usually."
You said kids? I like kids. They're... good for reminding. Remembering. I watch them and I learn what I did not have, observing my own losses as an outsider. It is not the same as being a child, but it helps.

quote:

"Speaking of dealing with protestors, I'm led to believe you have killed before. You are comfortable with it, yes? If the proper situation arose, you could do it without hesitation? I ask only because not all fighters are. We don't want to leave a pile of bodies in our wake, but a well-placed corpse here and there could give us an edge not many teams can muster."
You heard correctly. F... Imamu made sure I didn't feel a difference between killing someone and letting them live, defeated. He wanted whichever was needed to be possible. "To restrict your choices in battle is to invite defeat," he said, not realizing he had already restricted himself into a doom of his own devising... but that's not really relevant. Yes. I will kill. It is not a problem.

quote:

"Y...eah. Let's hope it doesn't come to that. Actually, can you do the whole flashy light thing without making people around you explode? Just curious."

Variable focus and power are available. Sometimes, a scared or distracted opponent is more important than a maimed one. Also, the people who "rescued" me put limiters on the output variables.

I took them off, of course, but the lower-end states remain. I can give anything from a sparkly light to a suntan to a solar flare. It is not a problem.

K Prime fucked around with this message at 16:38 on Jan 15, 2015

• Locked thread