Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How long with Dolph Ziggler, Ryback & Erick Rowan be "fired"
This poll is closed.
Over a month. 8 2.74%
About a month. 7 2.40%
2-3 Weeks. 59 20.21%
They'll be back on the next episode of RAW. 218 74.66%
Total: 292 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !
Of course it was clear that the authority would be back. But I expected a wittier storyline than "Let's blackmail John Cena by threatening to kill a man on live tv".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Bhester posted:

JBL is Vince's mouthpiece. You're kidding yourself if you think he went rogue.

I don't think he went rogue, I think Vince probably doesn't give enough of a poo poo about the Ascension to bother telling JBL what to say about them.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
I'll be back for Rumble but gently caress this poo poo. Fire every writer.

Cornwind Evil
Dec 14, 2004

The undisputed world champion of wrestling effortposting

Hammerstein posted:

Of course it was clear that the authority would be back. But I expected a wittier storyline than "Let's blackmail John Cena by threatening to kill a man on live tv".

Like?

I'm serious: of all the ways to bring the Authority back, this is as good as any. It used Cena's own personality to lure him into a no-win situation trap. What would be 'wittier'? (I'm picturing, for some reason, something in the vein of Silver Age Superman's more outlandish tricks to make Mister Mxyzptlk say his name backwards)

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Cornwind Evil posted:

Like?

I'm serious: of all the ways to bring the Authority back, this is as good as any. It used Cena's own personality to lure him into a no-win situation trap. What would be 'wittier'? (I'm picturing, for some reason, something in the vein of Silver Age Superman's more outlandish tricks to make Mister Mxyzptlk say his name backwards)

Should've been a make a wish kid

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

I'll be back for Rumble but gently caress this poo poo. Fire every writer.
I really do pity the writers who write for this batshit insane company, though I wish all of them had the balls to call out Dunn and Vince on their stupid bullshit even though that would get them fired most likely.

4 inch cut no femmes
May 31, 2011
"go ahead and kill a guy on LIVE TV, dumbass"

Cornwind Evil
Dec 14, 2004

The undisputed world champion of wrestling effortposting

Humphrey Vasel posted:

That would unfortunately be breaking one of the bizzaro 'rules' of wrestling: don't show the man behind the curtain. Except when you do. Wrestling is very stupid if you decide to examine it: this is a world where men and women are beating each other, dropping them on their heads, using weapons on each other, trying to squash them with jumps, etc, so of course the 'idea' that Rollins could 'kill a man on LIVE TV' fits. It's the same logic that means if you steal a contract and sign your own name you get what's on the contract, or the whole 'ref is knocked out, anything goes' scenario. It's the same logic that creates action movie heroes; you know full well one man cannot take on a small army in such an open fashion, but why nitpick?

Cornwind Evil fucked around with this message at 06:26 on Jan 6, 2015

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Humphrey Vasel posted:

Yeah, this wouldn't have been as glaring if they didn't have Stephanie get arrested for just slapping a "fired" former wrestler not too long ago.

Devil Bird Thing
Mar 12, 2001

Pardon me, do you have a moment to speak about our Lord & Savior, Devil Bird Thing?

Zyla posted:

why would they have segments about guys that are fired

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8H3vYkq8eUo

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Should've been a make a wish kid

Only if it's the same kid who cost John Cena the Wyatt match

AngryCaterpillar
Feb 1, 2007

I DREW THIS
What, you guys think just because Rollins no longer wears his tactical vest that he no longer has the covert ops skills to survive off the grid?

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.

ijii posted:

Raw's intro really set the tone of tonight's show, seeing Roman Reigns as the last wrestler in that bit made my heart sink. They're going to push him no matter what. Some how, some way, WWE sees money in him, is he actually making for them now? It's really hard to believe that, especially with his match against Big Show tonight. No one gave two shits about him or Big Show.

IIRC he's one of the highest merch sellers at live events. But I've also seen people say that they've been to shows where literally the only merch available is basically Cena/Orton/Reigns merch so...

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !

Cornwind Evil posted:

Like?

For instance they could have had Kane kidnap his girl....oh wait...:doh:

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Cornwind Evil posted:

...yes? :confused: (I'm usually good at pop culture linkage, but I don't know what that has to do with Hideo/Kenta.)

Not to mention the WWE and the wrestling public in general would ever be able to understand a Kobayashi Maru scenario.

Kenta/Hideo's real family name is Kobayashi.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Dimebags Brain posted:

http://www.openthedragongate.com/

To be honest, most of the show was merely in the "solid" category for me. All the title matches were cool though, and the main event was hype as gently caress and it was my favorite match I've seen this past week.
You are a saint.

abraham linksys posted:

There's no silent, imposing tag team in WWE, so they wouldn't be stepping on anyone's shoes. There's no reason they needed a new, goofy gimmick that involved lots of mic work that they're still not good at.

Viktor's not a great talker but he's decent enough. He should do all the talking. Konnor should not be allowed near a microphone ever. He has had several years of chances and has always sounded like a giant doofus who overemphasizes every point like he's talking to a 5 year old. This isn't even including his awful "I'm literally a rat" gimmick. He should be the strong and silent type, or at most stick to shouting catchphrases. It worked for him when he was the one-man Ascension.

WadeBartender
Aug 18, 2013
That RAW existed I guess, I'm glad that the royal rumble isn't even important enough for throw away token I'll be in the rumble lines though

WWE sucks

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

StarkRavingMad posted:

They were some weird vampire Final Fantasy cosplay looking poo poo when they started and then they just kind of became big dominating guys who came out to thrash metal. I didn't mind the pseudo-LOD gimmick from the promos since at least it wasn't as dumb looking as their initial Ascension get up, but it doesn't make any loving sense to give them this gimmick as part of their call-up (even shooting promos with it) and then have the commentators immediately trash it.

I mean, I get what the in-ring speech from the Ascension was supposed to do, it acknowledged whose footsteps they were taking after while still trying to get heel heat, and it worked a little, they got some boos from the crowd. But the commentary made zero sense. The problem was that JBL, being the old-timey veteran that he is, seemed to take offense at a promo that talked down great tag teams of the past and instead of going with it as cheap heat, he fell out of the heel announcer role when he was totally necessary to talk up how dominating they were.

The fact that they stepped back from murdering the former (heel!) tag champs last week to squashing random jobbers and being mocked for it this week is also weird as hell. It's like Vince completely lost all faith in the gimmick after 1 week and changed tack completely.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

WadeBartender posted:

That RAW existed I guess, I'm glad that the royal rumble isn't even important enough for throw away token I'll be in the rumble lines though

WWE sucks

"why should we try and sell the Rumble when it sells itself?"

WWE is run by the laziest motherfuckers in the universe.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

Dimebags Brain posted:

"why should we try and sell the Rumble when it sells itself?"

WWE is run by the laziest motherfuckers in the universe.

"Look, we're gonna put Daniel Bryan in the Rumble! You like him, right? BUY THIS!"

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005
Hey OP, Wade won the title on January 5th, not January 1st.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

The second they make it as easy as the WWE network or DVRing Raw I would be glad to. Same with Chikara. Get on it guys, some of us have jobs and kids and don't have time to gently caress around with crazy delivery systems.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Rusty Shackelford posted:

Hey OP, Wade won the title on January 5th, not January 1st.

You should have said "i'm afraid i got bad news for you" and then I would have changed it right away.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Why cookie Rocket posted:

The second they make it as easy as the WWE network or DVRing Raw I would be glad to. Same with Chikara. Get on it guys, some of us have jobs and kids and don't have time to gently caress around with crazy delivery systems.

They literally have a New Japan network that is easier to navigate than WWE because there are tags for literally everything. From year, to wrestler, to show, to arena and streams better than the WWE Network.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
here's your banner person who saw my typo

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

KungFu Grip posted:

They literally have a New Japan network that is easier to navigate than WWE because there are tags for literally everything. From year, to wrestler, to show, to arena and streams better than the WWE Network.

Great, is it on Amazon Fire TV or XBOX or PSN or what and don't say it's web based because I already work in front of a PC 9 hours a day and there's no loving way in my free time.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

JBL reads his twitter mentions during Raw and if you send him hate tweets about his announcing he blocks you lol

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Great, is it on Amazon Fire TV or XBOX or PSN or what and don't say it's web based because I already work in front of a PC 9 hours a day and there's no loving way in my free time.

Not sure because I dont have it, but I assume not with it being a new thing. could always chromecast it i guess. But hey here's the thread on the thread about it on the main page that might say what you can do with it or whatever or see any updates. http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3685269

HOT! New Memes
May 31, 2006

My favorite part was hhh saying JOHN CENA! Three times and the audience not caring at all three times. To me that sums up the current WWE

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Reigns super man promo was the nail in the coffin for me. He's worse than Cena. Cena at least has a character and can deliver his lovely lines with fake conviction. Reigns is a watered down version of a watered down character type. He wouldn't even be good for NXT.

Fart Radio
Sep 7, 2010

@Therock hey man check it... You ever kill a man or no? Hit me up. ;)
so wwe posted a facebook poll to see if fans liked raw tonight, guess how it's going: https://t.co/S6mEqW75fy

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Fart Radio posted:

so wwe posted a facebook poll to see if fans liked raw tonight, guess how it's going: https://t.co/S6mEqW75fy

The problem is WWE is just gonna interpret that as people getting their panties in a wad about the "firings". Even worse, some of the comments on the poll support this. :negative:

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

SamuraiFoochs posted:

The problem is WWE is just gonna interpret that as people getting their panties in a wad about the "firings". Even worse, some of the comments on the poll support this. :negative:
Hm, that's weird, usually these polls are rigged to be favorable to WWE.

So I watched The Dark Crystal for the first time last night and couldn't help mentally comparing the dying Skeksis Emperor to Vince, The Chamberlain to Dunn and the General to Triple H.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Holy poo poo that poll is like 90% dislikes with over an 11,000 sample size. :stare:

And people are mentioning Ambrose. And the terrible writing. And JBL. Good.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Why can't people just admit that they don't actually want to watch NJPW or good wrestling, and are completely content with watching wwe. It's ok if you don't want to watch anything else, just admit it.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

A poll like that is useless when 'evil heels stand tall' was the story of the entire episode. 'This was horrible tv' and 'Boo the authority fired Ziggler! :mad: ' show up the same

Fart Radio
Sep 7, 2010

@Therock hey man check it... You ever kill a man or no? Hit me up. ;)

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Holy poo poo that poll is like 90% dislikes with over an 11,000 sample size. :stare:

And people are mentioning Ambrose. And the terrible writing. And JBL. Good.

they will respond to this by firing whoever posted this poll

Lazer
Jun 26, 2011

V A P O R W A V E

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I can't see the poll, but if it's a yes or no on an entire three hour show, that's terrible feedback. Then again, I'm sure their marketing knows this. With different types of wrestling fans a "No" vote is pretty much a mix of good and bad. Good in the sense that a no vote are people who are genuinely upset at the Authority and the storyline is creating the reaction (:bahgawd:) that they want, bad for the people actually voting no for reasons of quality, etc.

So it's probably a gauge on if the show got people talking or moved enough to respond. That or just the facade of social interaction with the fans.

Lazer fucked around with this message at 09:11 on Jan 6, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Blasmeister posted:

A poll like that is useless when 'evil heels stand tall' was the story of the entire episode.

Not when there's thousands of comments loving ramrodding the episode for entirely different reasons right underneath.

The_Rob posted:

Why can't people just admit that they don't actually want to watch NJPW or good wrestling, and are completely content with watching wwe. It's ok if you don't want to watch anything else, just admit it.

Because it's not necessarily true and there's something to be said for ease of access, genius. I've watched PWG shows and loved it, but damned if I can bother to keep up with it or watch the shows in generally convenient fashion.

• Locked thread