Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How long with Dolph Ziggler, Ryback & Erick Rowan be "fired"
This poll is closed.
Over a month. 8 2.74%
About a month. 7 2.40%
2-3 Weeks. 59 20.21%
They'll be back on the next episode of RAW. 218 74.66%
Total: 292 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Gonz posted:

That's true. Still, the prospect of a heel Cena, no matter how unlikely, would go a long way in ending this "same old/same old" dreck that we've been subjected to for a better part of the last decade. I agree that it'll probably never happen, but Vince, Stephanie and HHH cannot hope to ride the status quo to greater success in the future. People will not tolerate another 5+ years of "LOL CENA WINS". At least I hope they won't; but who the hell knows.

I'm sure someone will be along shortly to inform you that John Cena sells more t-shirts than anyone else in the company therefore he should never change anything because he's the most profitable as of right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Great White Hope posted:

LOD hasn't been relevant in over 15 years (and realistically it's probably closer to 20), and Demolition in about 25. It'd be like if in 2040 someone cut a promo about Carlito and Primo.

No, this is stupid. LOD is considered one of the best tag teams ever. This is like in 20 years if people are mentioning Edge and Christian or the Dudley Boyz.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

My favorite part of the ending was how despite this probably being the Authority's plan, nobody attacked Cena or even yelled at him because they are all valiant faces who just got completely shocked. They all stayed in character and remembered who the real problem were. It was good.

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

I only pray, Heaven knows when to lift you out

Zyla posted:

why would they have segments about guys that are fired

I could have sworn they did something like that with Shawn Michaels working in a cafeteria and HHH convincing him to come back or something.

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

crime fighting hog posted:

I could have sworn they did something like that with Shawn Michaels working in a cafeteria and HHH convincing him to come back or something.

God that was good, he hadn't been fired though he had just kind of wandered away

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

Onmi posted:

So of course, the opposite of this is Cena has to threaten to kill Rollins or Steph or Hunter to get them to bring back the rest right? Or sting'll do it, because John Cena has no agency anymore. Seriously he never does anything anymore, poo poo just happens around him.

This is kind of it with Cena at the moment. Stuff just happens around him. He waits around and then just reacts without actually doing anything. Plus he's looking more and more run down whenever you see him. I know Vince would never allow it (And Cena clearly doesn't know how) but if anyone was in dire need of a break it's him.

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
If Cena somehow doesn't win the title at the Rumble, and then doesn't win the Rumble, I wouldn't be surprised to see him out for a few weeks afterwards

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

DrVenkman posted:

This is kind of it with Cena at the moment. Stuff just happens around him. He waits around and then just reacts without actually doing anything. Plus he's looking more and more run down whenever you see him. I know Vince would never allow it (And Cena clearly doesn't know how) but if anyone was in dire need of a break it's him.

Dude doesn't even know how to react when someone asks him how he feels. He'd lose his mind if he had a month or more away.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

It occurred to me last night that irl Cena is Ben Affleck at the end of Gone Girl

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

a good way to start a year: your biggest star telling everybody that the year is going to suck

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Followed immediately by firing your #3 and #4 faces. Who probably won't even make it to the end of SmackDown without being reinstated.

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Since I'm not him, this is a good time to advertise for Channel of Doom on PSP-tv 8 pm on wednesdays.

2 hours of the choicest of cuts from PWG, ROH, NJPW, NOAH, and the JOSHI match of the week.

If you don't want to keep up, come watch DOOM~ Its what I do.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Channel of Doom? More like CHANNEL OF A JOKE!

Authorman
Mar 5, 2007

slamcat
They are trying to recreate the Daniel Bryan anti-authority push but are excessively hedging their bets by doing it to three people and gauging reactions.

Of course when none of them get the same amount of pushback from fans Vince will blame the wrestlers and knock them back down into the midcard.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Endorph posted:

a good way to start a year: your biggest star telling everybody that the year is going to suck

This made me :lol: even before I went nuts.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Endorph posted:

Love him or Hate him, You have to respect John Cena's honesty.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Endorph posted:

Triple H seemed pretty excited about things to come, dude

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Well he said it was going to suck for them, I think most of us could get a good laugh at the horrible working conditions brought on by the authority

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

If there isn't a WWE App video of Cena sadly picking confetti out of his hair and jorts I'm cancelling my Network sub for Fightpass.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Valeyard posted:

Well he said it was going to suck for them, I think most of us could get a good laugh at the horrible working conditions brought on by the authority

Everyone works with Staph Infections.

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Dexo posted:

Everyone works with Staph Infections.

An antibiotic prescription on a pole match

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Really though I hope we get at least one week of the full Authority Nightmare now that everyone who openly opposed them is either gone or in a permanent frowny state.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

Zyla posted:

Since I'm not him, this is a good time to advertise for Channel of Doom on PSP-tv 8 pm on wednesdays.

2 hours of the choicest of cuts from PWG, ROH, NJPW, NOAH, and the JOSHI match of the week.

If you don't want to keep up, come watch DOOM~ Its what I do.

Thanks for the heads up, I'll check this out tomorrow. I've got an NJPW sub and started watching things, but there's just so much on there (even going by one of the big lists of good matches) that it's a bit daunting. Plus, I've always wanted to see PWG/ROH but never gotten the chance outside of the occasional YouTube clip.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Sebastian Vettel posted:

John Cena is a better wrestler than Okada.

gently caress YOU?!?!

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

NickRoweFillea posted:

gently caress YOU?!?!

the truth hurts

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Endorph posted:

WWE finally being transparent with its fans is indeed a good way to start the year.

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Remember that time Heath Slater fought a different legend each week leading up to RAW 1000, and then he got beat up by Lita and the APA? I forgot how good this all was

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

paint dry posted:

I don't know why people say NJPW World is difficult to use. I subscribed in ten minutes during lunch yesterday and by last night I was watching Wrestle Kingdom on my iPad. It was completely painless.

SamuraiFoochs posted:

This is the last I'll say about it because this is a stupid argument but try this analogy. It's like going up to someone eating at a fast food place and feeling the need to tell them their choices are poo poo and to make their own food instead. Are you inherently wrong? No. Is homemade food better? Yes. Is it impossible to make your own food? No. But upbraiding someone for consuming fast food every time they do can come off sort of annoying.

If getting the McDonald's salad instead of making a soufflé buys me more time to finish up my woodworking projects and hug my wife and kid, then drat right I'll keep eating it. I have about an hour a week to watch wrestling-- sometimes it's OSW Review, sometimes it's NJPW/Chikara on YouTube through my Xbox, but yeah most weeks it's the better parts of Raw.

Because there's just no way I'm going to take that hour and throw it away trying to get my PC to talk to my tv or whatever voodoo you guys have rigged up. But if wrestling fairies came over and scrubbed WWE off all my devices and replaced it with some kind of NJPW thing that was as easy as watching Raw off the DVR, I would never look back.

Welp, time to stop posting while pooping, gotta get back to work!

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Valeyard posted:

Remember that time Heath Slater fought a different legend each week leading up to RAW 1000, and then he got beat up by Lita and the APA? I forgot how good this all was

Yeah, those segments were such a joy to watch just for Slater's reactions to each them music hitting, not to mention his selling of JBL's clothesline:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSLLPQyfww4

Good times, good times.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

I don't know what "it" is but I can definitely say that Erick Rowan has more of it than Hiroshi Tanahashi.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Sebastian Vettel posted:

I don't know what "it" is but I can definitely say that Erick Rowan has more of it than Hiroshi Tanahashi.

It's a beard

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Why cookie Rocket posted:

If getting the McDonald's salad instead of making a soufflé buys me more time to finish up my woodworking projects and hug my wife and kid, then drat right I'll keep eating it. I have about an hour a week to watch wrestling-- sometimes it's OSW Review, sometimes it's NJPW/Chikara on YouTube through my Xbox, but yeah most weeks it's the better parts of Raw.

Because there's just no way I'm going to take that hour and throw it away trying to get my PC to talk to my tv or whatever voodoo you guys have rigged up. But if wrestling fairies came over and scrubbed WWE off all my devices and replaced it with some kind of NJPW thing that was as easy as watching Raw off the DVR, I would never look back.

Welp, time to stop posting while pooping, gotta get back to work!

I put one end of an HDMI cable in my tv, and the other end in my computer. Then I clicked the link in the OP of the Wrestle Kingdom thread. It took me a minute to get Wrestle Kingdom on my tv oh my god. Stop acting like there's some sort of technical witchcraft going on and just admit you're dumb as gently caress.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I like that people who paid minimum $10 to post on an Internet forum know less about how to make a Chromecast work in the year 2015 than my much-older father who only ever checks his email and watches panda videos online

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Dimebags Brain posted:

I put one end of an HDMI cable in my tv, and the other end in my computer. Then I clicked the link in the OP of the Wrestle Kingdom thread. It took me a minute to get Wrestle Kingdom on my tv oh my god. Stop acting like there's some sort of technical witchcraft going on and just admit you're dumb as gently caress.

To be fair, given the typical length of HDMI cables, most people won't have a PC within appropriate distance to do that. However, something like a ChromeCast would work and is just as easy

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

who the hell cares what everyone else is watching

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

DeathChicken posted:

I'm sure someone will be along shortly to inform you that John Cena sells more t-shirts than anyone else in the company therefore he should never change anything because he's the most profitable as of right now.

In 13 years they'll still be trotting out a 50 year old John Cena in the same loving ugly neon t-shirt, baseball hat, jorts, and a dozen wrist bands because it sells merchandise. And Cena will do it because he is a broken man with no family and would end up with a shotgun in his mouth without WWE.

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot
This thread is poo poo, stop being fanboys and get pissy when someone don't watch new japan.

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Astro7x posted:

In 13 years they'll still be trotting out a 50 year old John Cena in the same loving ugly neon t-shirt, baseball hat, jorts, and a dozen wrist bands because it sells merchandise. And Cena will do it because he is a broken man with no family and would end up with a shotgun in his mouth without WWE.

you just described Hulk Hogan

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Valeyard posted:

To be fair, given the typical length of HDMI cables, most people won't have a PC within appropriate distance to do that. However, something like a ChromeCast would work and is just as easy

I have a laptop so mobility and cord length aren't an issue, so HDMI was literally the easiest and most pain free thing to do.

Also, John Cena remembers the good times he had with his friends

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

McMahon just now realized Kauffman was trolling everyone, and decided to give it a try. That's my pet theory for the state of the WWE

• Locked thread