Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Nidoking posted:

Also, rewinding put you much closer to where you made your mistake than Elika's recovery ability sometimes does. There are some long stretches of DDRing in this game, and if you miss one input, you're back at the start. Why is everyone so happy that they can't just hit the rewind button and go back to the part they messed up? How is that MORE convenient?

Honestly? I didn't find rewind to be that useful. And here's why: In the beginning of the game I died to the platforming pretty often because I wasn't used to the control scheme and because you start with only a few sand tanks. But towards the middle, platforming becomes a lot easier, so I start making less mistakes so I use rewind less (and try to use my sand tanks for Eye of the Storm bullet-time). Then at then end of the game I like never make mistakes, I have some uber sword that makes battles a snap and I have a huge collection of sand tanks in case I get into a sticky situation.

So for me, rewind was always a crutch ability, and while I love it and it is cool as hell, I did not find it too useful.
I do agree with the DDR comment. Especially if you have to do it multiple times due to backtracking. TT had some sections like that, but they never repeated so even the worst of them were only a one time thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

I fought the lava, and the lava won.

SSNeoman posted:

Honestly? I didn't find rewind to be that useful. And here's why: In the beginning of the game I died to the platforming pretty often because I wasn't used to the control scheme and because you start with only a few sand tanks. But towards the middle, platforming becomes a lot easier, so I start making less mistakes so I use rewind less (and try to use my sand tanks for Eye of the Storm bullet-time). Then at then end of the game I like never make mistakes, I have some uber sword that makes battles a snap and I have a huge collection of sand tanks in case I get into a sticky situation.

I'm pretty sure Ubisoft meant for you to start with Sands of Time, in which there were lots more rewind tanks available and they could ONLY be used for rewinding. And while I understand that "don't make mistakes" is the way most people nowadays play games, I am but a flawed human and do little other than make mistakes. Games should be for everyone, not just gods.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Corbeau posted:

I actually really like this game. The shallow difficulty curve is really the worst thing about it; the combat and platforming are just very different than the other PoP games, and they never get as challenging as some of the stuff that the sands of time series throws at you. I love the environment design beyond pretty much anything in other PoP games though.

I think whether or not you like the game depends on what you want to get out of it. If you want escalating challenge, then yeah wont really happen, but for relaxing while enjoying pretty environs, slick animations, and the vaguely aesops tales like dialogue it pretty good.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.

Agean90 posted:

I think whether or not you like the game depends on what you want to get out of it. If you want escalating challenge, then yeah wont really happen, but for relaxing while enjoying pretty environs, slick animations, and the vaguely aesops tales like dialogue it pretty good.

This is it, exactly. I mean, don't get me wrong, difficulty can be fun. Dark Souls is a great game, and I played the poo poo out of it... until I beat it.

Once I beat Dark Souls, I had surmounted the challenge, I was done. But when I beat this game, I kept playing it, because it was just so loving fun. Aside from the game messing up, everything just flows so perfectly. The "backtracking" thing never really made sense to me as a complaint, because starting the game over is basically backtracking, and I did that a whole fuckton of times. It's just a beautiful, fun, slick game. I really, really wish people didn't hate it so much, because goddamn I want this game's "continue" system to be implement in more poo poo.

That being said, like Nidoking says, after playing long enough it became less and less of a necessity. I wish I still had my old 360, so I could post a screenshot of "Be Gentle With Her" :v:

Edit: Almost forgot, can't really talk much about the story since there's been very little shown yet, but one other thing I love about the game is how well they combine this:

nine-gear crow posted:

Kari Wahlgren voices a princess character with ZERO actual romantic interest in her male lead counterpart.
With still giving the two a believable, close relationship. I really wish more games were willing to say, "Hey, just because this guy and this girl go through hell together, doesn't necessarily mean that they want to bone each other." (Strangely enough, nothing sets me off more than a game actually bothering to make it's characters want to bone each other, but then never actually going anywhere with it. I'm a very fickle consumer of media. :v: :v: :v:)

Captain Bravo fucked around with this message at 06:27 on Jan 7, 2015

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Captain Bravo posted:

I wish I still had my old 360, so I could post a screenshot of "Be Gentle With Her" :v:

Log into XBOXLIVE.com or whatever, you can look up your gamertag profile thing there and grab a screencap. Playstation Network lets you do a similar thing:

Post your gamer glory, yo. :fistbump:

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

Blind Sally posted:

Log into XBOXLIVE.com or whatever, you can look up your gamertag profile thing there and grab a screencap. Playstation Network lets you do a similar thing:

Old 360 was when I still had dial-up internet. No online profiles for 2009 Bravo. :downsgun:

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
I adore this game. It has some relaxing but stylish platforming and I enjoy the tag-team aspect of the battles. The bosses are pretty cool as well. My favorite part of the game are the lovely animations, especially the ones where the couple help each other out, like when switching sides on a thin platform.

It's also pretty hilarious how obvious the game makes it that Elika could do pretty much all of it herself and the Prince mostly tags along to be used as a meat shield.

I rank it higher than all the other PoPs except Sands of Time.

Mr. Highway
Feb 25, 2007

I'm a very lonely man, doing what I can.

Blind Sally posted:

What kind of chump doesn't have the platinum trophy for this game? You need to remember your ABCs: Always Be Combing the 14 hit combo.

Actually, I got my platinum trophy via a glitch, where I got the trophy for beating the game under a certain time by playing the opening and then loading a save at the end because my brother wanted to see what the ending was like.

zfleeman
Mar 12, 2014

I wonder how you spell Tabasco.
I tried playing this one a few years back, and I couldn't really get into it. It felt like the game let you do as much as you want in the most cramped hallway ever. I only played it for two or three hours, though. Bookmarked.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I never understood the complaints about the "no death" mechanic. It's functionally the same as autosave/load, except faster, which is a plus in my book.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Mr. Highway posted:

What kind of chump doesn't have the platinum trophy for this game? You need to remember your ABCs: Always Be Combing the 14 hit combo.

why i oughta!!!

I never figured out the combo on my own and couldn't be arsed to look it up. I mean, seriously:

nine-gear crow posted:

THE 14-HIT COMBO

Holy poo poo...

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Now that I know the specific button combination for it, I will be trying to get the Sword Master achievement at some point in this LP.

...I probably won't, but at least I'll try.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Does this game have many enemies that can survive even halfway through the combo? Or do they wait until you're done and then drop dead?

Major_JF
Oct 17, 2008
Keep in mind that the list has the combo listed twice. There are 28 button prompts right there.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

SelenicMartian posted:

Does this game have many enemies that can survive even halfway through the combo? Or do they wait until you're done and then drop dead?
Oh, yes.
We haven't really got a taste of how combat really works in this thing yet.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Major_JF posted:

Keep in mind that the list has the combo listed twice. There are 28 button prompts right there.

way to go, crow

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Major_JF posted:

Really? Dammit. :doh:

I must have double pasted it into Word and then auto converted it into images.

...either that or the place I got it from also had it down twice. :iiam:

Either way, I'll fix that.

Da_Higg
Oct 15, 2012
When I first played this game it was on PC, with keyboard and mouse. This made the button prompts nigh impossible since the pop-up was just a tiny picture of the Prince jumping or Elika's hand. I believe some boss fights took me 20 minutes to get through since I couldn't hit left mouse/Ctrl/Space/E quick enough...

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
I played the game with mouse + keyboard and didn't have much trouble, but now I kind of want to play through again now that I have a wired controller.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

VIDEO: The King’s Gate

This update takes us into the Ruined Citadel, a once-mighty fortress manned by the Ahura against Ahriman’s forces and the first line of defense for the Vale, Royal Palace, and the City of Light. As they try to cleanse the King’s Gate, they encounter the first of Ahriman’s legendary Corrupted, The Hunter.

THE CORRUPUTED

Ahriman’s chosen generals. Collectively, they are known as “The Corrupted,” individually, they are The Hunter, The Alchemist, The Concubine, and The Warrior. Each one was once a mortal human, but sold their bodies and souls to Ahriman in exchange for power. Though they maintain touches of their humanity and individuality, they now serve Ahriman’s will with undying loyalty, and command his 1,000 soldiers of darkness.

Each of The Corrupted has claimed control over a specific area of the Ahura Kingdom now that they’ve been released from their prison in the Temple of Light along with Ahriman. The Hunter rules The Ruined Citadel, The Alchemist rules The Vale, The Concubine rules The Royal Palace, while The Warrior rules The City of Light.

The Epilogue DLC introduces us to a fifth Corrupted, but that's all spoilers for now.

tl;dr: These are our boss characters for the game.

THE HUNTER

The first of Ahriman’s four Corrupted, and the one we’ll be dealing with for the foreseeable future.

According to Elika, The Hunter was once an Ahura Prince that lived for the thrill of the hunt. But as he became more and more skilled at hunting, the thrill diminished, and he grew bored with the one thing in life he truly loved. He was also a vain and cruel man, so he went to Ahriman and offered an exchange; he would pledge his soul and service to Ahriman, if he gave him the power to hunt the deadliest animal of all: :black101:MAN:black101:.

He then became the being known as The Hunter, a monster who hunted, killed, and tortured hundreds, maybe thousands, in Ahriman’s name. He was eventually defeated by the Ahura and imprisoned alongside Ahriman, and his name was stricken from the histories of the Ahura.

Voiced by: Sebastien Croteau

ORMAZD

Sir Not Appearing In This Game.

The God of Light, brother of Ahriman, and our erstwhile Big Good of the game. With Ahriman imprisoned in the Temple of Light, Ormazd just kind of buggered off some thousand years ago and left the world to its own devices, leaving the Ahura behind to act in his stead. And that just worked out spectacularly now, didn’t it?

Elika believes that her visions and growing powers are a sign that Ormadz may be returning to protect the world he once abandoned now that Ahriman threatens it again, or at the very least is making it possible for it to be defended once more. The Prince, however, doesn’t share Elika’s faith in the God of Deadbeat Parenting.

Ahriman might be a dick, but Ormazd is kind of a tool.

:flashfact:FLASH FACT::flashfact: Both Ormazd and Ahriman are actual deities in the Zoroastrian faith, where they're better known as Ahura Mazda and Angra Mainyu, respectively.

We’ve seen pretty much the majority of what Prince of Persia 2008’s gameplay entails already, but there’s a couple more elements introduced here that add a little bit more variety to what we’ve already got.

MAP SCREEN

First up, we now have access to the Map screen. Pressing (Select) opens up the area map, which shows you various things like where each Fertile Ground is, more or less, which ones you’ve cleared and which ones are still corrupted, and how many Light Seeds you’ve obtained and number obtained per area.

Pressing the will give you a brief description of the currently selected Fertile Ground narrated by Elika. Each ground has two descriptions, one for its corrupted state and another for its healed state.

Pressing the button will set a destination marker on the Fertile Ground currently selected.

If you select a Fertile Ground that you’ve already cleared, which will be denoted by the black dot on the map turning white, then you can warp between your current position in the game and that specific Fertile Ground by pressing the button. This really cuts down on the amount of backtracking that you need to do.

…Although, it’s almost a point in your favor at times to run all over the map manually, because there is in fact an Achievement for having a PoP 2008 save file with 12 hours or greater on its playtime clock. The thing of it is though, there’s no way to tell how long you’ve actually been playing the game for, so the best strategy to get this one is to just start the game before you go out to work or school in the morning and just leave it running all day and then by the time you get home that afternoon/night you’ve pretty much got the Achievement in the bag.

Also, since this is our first glimpse at the map, and like I’m forced to fess up to in the video, this is an anachronic order LP of sorts, you will see certain parts of the map that have been cleared that we aren’t going to be getting to for a long while.

So if you want to see the route I take through the game and break LP Kayfabe completely, just mouse over the spoiler block here:

Yellow = Already done. Blue = Yet to be done.

ELIKA-NAV™ GPS

Once you’ve selected a Fertile Ground on the map screen as your destination, you can use Elika’s magic as a way marker at any point in game (outside of combat), by pressing the button.

Elika will produce a little trail of light which zooms off into the distance which you can then follow at your leisure. And you can spam this feature relentlessly too, whether you’re lost or just want a lightshow for shits and giggles. So yay for that. :toot:

RINGS

Rings allow you to extend your wall running/jumping/ceiling fuckery by one more segment. When you approach a ring while in motion, you need to press the on it really quickly, otherwise your rear end is dropping into oblivion again.

The ring levers seen in this stage and the last one function on a similar mechanic, as do the slidey rings we’ll be encountering in the later parts of the game.

:protarget: POSTS :protarget:

Posts provide a temporary respite from the free running and jumping puzzles. You latch onto the post immediately, and hold on to it until you either jump off it with , or decide “gently caress it, I don’t want to live any more” and let go of it with .

You need to position yourself in line with where you want to go next with . Usually two flicks is enough to get The Prince to the other side of the post and ready to jump to the next platform again.

Just be warned though: posts don’t count as “solid ground,” so if you gently caress up and throw yourself into the abyss or get nabbed by an enemy, you’ll have to do these posts all over again in addition to whatever else was between where you died and your last safe jumping point.

BOSS BATTLES

:regd08:

Every Fertile Ground stage from now to the end of the game will be capped off by a boss fight with the particular Corrupted whose domain it resides in. In this case, it’s The Hunter. It will be The Hunter for the next five videos until we finally kill the fucker and clear the Ruined Citadel completely.

The Hunter hasn’t unveiled any of its particular tricks yet, so I’ll save talking about them for later in the LP.

ORGASMS HEALING THE LAND

Once you’ve beaten the Corrupted boss in any given Fertile Ground, you then need to heal it with Elika’s magic to prevent enemies from spawning there again and to make Lightseeds appear in it.

All you have to do is walk into the pillar of light and press the button to trigger a sequence where you then mash like a meth addict trying to crush all the spiders that only he can see in order to get Elika to basically poo poo a garden out of her pants.

Wow. That was a terrible string of analogies. I’m sorry for that.

I don’t know what happens if you fail to mash fast enough, I’ve never actually tried to gently caress that part up intentionally. I’m guessing the game either waits for you to finally do it the way it wants you to, or just makes you retry it and gives you a very disapproving stare or something.

LIGHTSEEDS

Lightseeds are our Gotta Catch ‘Em All collectables for the game. They appear in Fertile Grounds once the land is healed. In universe, they’re apparently fragments of Ormazd’s essence that he’s scattered across the world in order to help Elika’s powers grow and evolve.

Collecting a specific number of Lightseeds will allow you to unlock the powers associated with the four Magic Plates encountered throughout the world. I’ll cover those in more detail as we encounter them in-game and extensively when we go to unlock them… LONG after they’re already seen in use in the LP.

Each power takes more Lightseeds to unlock than the previous one did, though you can unlock them in whatever order you want to.

Each Fertile Ground usually has 45 Lightseeds, though anywhere between five and ten of them are usually locked away behind Magic Plates, so you can’t get all of them at once.

There are a total of 1,001 Lightseeds in the base game of Prince of Persia 2008, a rather clever nod to the One Thousand and One Nights, also known as the Arabian Nights saga, probably the seminal Arabic fiction anthology.

Fun fact: there weren’t actually 1,001 stories in the original One Thousand and One Nights, though later-published editions went on to add apocryphal tales to Scheherazade’s frame narrative in order to see her complete her 1,001 night gambit to outwit King Shahryar. :eng101:

SAND SLIDES

Another element this section introduces are these sand-covered slopes. When The Prince lands on one of them, he begins to slide down it towards its edge with no way of stopping himself. You can control which way he moves laterally with , but otherwise you are going down this thing whether you like it or not.

Your only recourse is to jump off it at just the right time or you’ll slide off the edge and eat an easily avoidable death like a chump.

IVY PATCHES

The final new gameplay element introduced in this area are patches of ivy seen found growing on the sides of walls and cliffs. If you jump towards them with , The Prince will automatically latch on to it, and Elika will magic herself onto his back.

From there, you can freely crawl along it in any direction using before jumping off it again to your next destination, which may or may not be a trip into the abyss of death yet again.

Pressing on an ivy patch will activate The Prince’s Godhand gauntlet and he will go sliding down it… usually into the abyss because there’s very rarely any solid ground beneath an ivy patch.

ELIKA'S JOURNAL ~ THE KING'S GATE

Also, here's Elika's pre- and post-healing descriptions of The King's Gate which we all completely talked over because I have zero sense of control or co-ordination when it comes to doing group commentary. I might post these as .wav files on Tindeck or something if there's a demand for them. :siren::siren::siren:LET ME KNOW, THREAD! NOAW!!!!:siren::siren::siren:

Elika, pre-healing posted:

The King's Gate, entrance to the fortress that protected the city. It should be a place of safety... but it can only protect against men, not against Ahriman.

Elika, post-healing posted:

The King's Gate... Castles and towers won't keep us safe anymore. We should show this to the world, show them what Ahriman can do. Only then can we be safe...

And to round out this update, here’s the artwork of The Hunter, including his badass impractical Edward Scissorhands sword/knife/scissors thing.

nine-gear crow fucked around with this message at 08:24 on Apr 5, 2015

Major_JF
Oct 17, 2008
I seem to have missed the point of this video would you mind repeating yourself? I think it had something to do with the three of you being bad at doing carpentry with hammers.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
I really hope the whole thing was a snappy commentary on how horrendously repetitive this game is. Sure, it looks gorgeous, sure, it sounds gorgeous, it also happens to play like crap.
I admit I'm a huge fan of the whole sands of time trilogy, but it's only partway because of the combat - the whole sudden death mechanic made all the ridiculous climbing and jumping and wallrunning and getting sawbladed in half seem way more tense than it really was. Here, it's just a casual obstacle course.
I'm not denying the artistic merits of the game, just wish it wasn't so goddamn boring to play.

anilEhilated fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Jan 12, 2015

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

anilEhilated posted:

I really hope the whole thing was a snappy commentary on how horrendously repetitive this game is. Sure, it looks gorgeous, sure, it sounds gorgeous, it also happens to play like crap.
I admit I'm a huge fan of the whole sands of time trilogy, but it's only partway because of the combat - the whole sudden death mechanic made all the ridiculous climbing and jumping and wallrunning and getting sawbladed in half seem way more tense than it really was. Here, it's just a casual obstacle course.
I'm not denying the artistic merits of the game, just wish it wasn't so goddamn boring to play.

Oh, we've got plenty of tricks up our sleeve to keep things interesting going forward for the foreseeable future.

The game may use repitition to hammer home a point, but we're not going to, no siree. :devil:

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Major_JF posted:

I seem to have missed the point of this video would you mind repeating yourself? I think it had something to do with the three of you being bad at doing carpentry with hammers.

there are four of us :negative:

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

See what happens when you don't practice proper repetition?

Major_JF
Oct 17, 2008

Blind Sally posted:

Well, you are good with a hammer aren't you? Or is that a stompy foot? I always get those mixed up. :v:

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Never played a Prince of Persia game - and now it turns out he's not even a real prince?

Why has nobody ever taken legal action against this blatant false advertising :psyduck:

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!
Please tell me where that little musical number of the death counter was from. It's going to drive me nuts.

I played through this game with a friend who is not very good at platforming games, so the lack of real penalty for failure was pretty nice. This game isn't for people looking for serious challenge, but it's nice for some relaxing traversal of very pretty areas to very nice music while you collect glowies. Of course, I remember almost nothing about the plot, including the ending, so this will be a nice refresher.

Also, her guiding magic is usually pretty handy, but there are a couple points in the game where it will straight-up lie and lead you in endless circles if you're not careful.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

Gorilla Salad posted:

Never played a Prince of Persia game - and now it turns out he's not even a real prince?

Why has nobody ever taken legal action against this blatant false advertising :psyduck:

Spoilers: Elika is a man.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Gorilla Salad posted:

The Protagonist Formerly Known As Prince

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Schwartzcough posted:

Please tell me where that little musical number of the death counter was from. It's going to drive me nuts.

I played through this game with a friend who is not very good at platforming games, so the lack of real penalty for failure was pretty nice. This game isn't for people looking for serious challenge, but it's nice for some relaxing traversal of very pretty areas to very nice music while you collect glowies. Of course, I remember almost nothing about the plot, including the ending, so this will be a nice refresher.

Also, her guiding magic is usually pretty handy, but there are a couple points in the game where it will straight-up lie and lead you in endless circles if you're not careful.

"Racing Chocobos, Place Your Bets" from the Final Fantasy VII soundtrack. It was basically the plinkiest, chintziest song I had in my archive, so it's going to be the official "unseen death counter" theme from now till the end of the LP.

Also, :lol:, I also vaguely remember Elika's guiding spell going haywire occasionally. I have no doubt that this is actually a thing in this game, because it's Ubisoft, and there isn't a single mechanic in this game that isn't buggy as poo poo, not even simply stopping and talking to Elika. So if I get an instance of the guide loving up, I'll definitely include that too.

Gorilla Salad posted:

Well, the dude's a prince in literally every other iteration of the franchise but 2008... So I have no idea why he's suddenly not a prince in 2008, other than this was probably a game that had nothing what-so-ever to do with PoP and Ubisoft just slapped the name on it because they thought it would sell more copies than if it was an original IP, not realizing that all it was going to do was piss off fans of the Sands of Time trilogy.

...Or so I'd like to think. But yeah, holy poo poo, even 7 years later, I still can't wrap my head around the fact that this rear end in a top hat isn't actually a Prince in a game called Prince of Persia. Maybe I need to put some quotation marks around the OP header?

Blind Sally posted:

In all fairness, I tend to blend into the background.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

nine-gear crow posted:

Well, the dude's a prince in literally every other iteration of the franchise but 2008... So I have no idea why he's suddenly not a prince in 2008, other than this was probably a game that had nothing what-so-ever to do with PoP and Ubisoft just slapped the name on it because they thought it would sell more copies than if it was an original IP, not realizing that all it was going to do was piss off fans of the Sands of Time trilogy.

...Or so I'd like to think. But yeah, holy poo poo, even 7 years later, I still can't wrap my head around the fact that this rear end in a top hat isn't actually a Prince in a game called Prince of Persia. Maybe I need to put some quotation marks around the OP header?

I'm guessing they were going for more of a "Prince of Thieves" thing, rather than literal royalty. Prince as defined by exceptionalism, rather than monarchy.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Princess of Persia would've made 100% more logical sense but would have tanked the game's sales because even though we all know Elika is the real protagonist, putting that on the game box would not attract buyers because gender in video games yadda yadda et cetera. I mean they could still plaster Marty Nolan North McNotaprince all over it and it'd do fine I'm sure, but Ubisoft.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!

nine-gear crow posted:

"Racing Chocobos, Place Your Bets" from the Final Fantasy VII soundtrack.

THANK you!

CJacobs posted:

Princess of Persia would've made 100% more logical sense but would have tanked the game's sales because even though we all know Elika is the real protagonist, putting that on the game box would not attract buyers because gender in video games yadda yadda et cetera. I mean they could still plaster Marty Nolan North McNotaprince all over it and it'd do fine I'm sure, but Ubisoft.

Hey, Nintendo's been naming the Legend of Zelda after a secondary princess character for decades, and it's worked out alright.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Schwartzcough posted:

Hey, Nintendo's been naming the Legend of Zelda after a secondary princess character for decades, and it's worked out alright.

Next you're gonna tell me the big guy in the suit's name isn't Metroid, like that would ever be true :rolleyes:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
That's why I only play games where the title refers directly to the main character. I mean, that pink haired chick from Final Fantasy XIII was named XIII, right Artix?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Also this

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

nine-gear crow posted:

I mean, that pink haired chick from Final Fantasy XIII was named XIII, right Artix?

XIII's a dude:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Requesting an LP of diner dash through the POV of Dash Rendar, thanks in advance

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

CJacobs posted:

Requesting an LP of diner dash through the POV of Dash Rendar, thanks in advance

Legends never die.

• Locked thread