Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I liked this game. The worst thing about it is that the platforming and combat mechanics are definitely too simple for its length. The best thing about it is one really clever puzzle moment in one of the boss fights.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Doesn't the game actually add obstacles to some platforming segments as you complete levels, so later ones get more difficult regardless of the order you do them in? I remember them heavily talking up that feature before release, and while it wasn't super noticeable it did exist.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
I never understood the complaints about the "no death" mechanic. It's functionally the same as autosave/load, except faster, which is a plus in my book.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Well now I'm super disappointed instead of just mildly disappointed. That would have made the game a legend.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Video's private.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
That's kind of long and clunky for a title. Princess of Persia would have been better.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
I think consensus was it was about as good as Sands of Time? It kept some of the expanded mechanics of Warrior Within without the Godsmack.

Forgotten Sands is the only PoP game since Sands of Time that I didn't play, so I was always hoping someone would LP it.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
I think the evil bees are like a timer for the sequences they appear in. If you take too long to do the whole thing they kill you. Which makes them pretty nonthreatening because the platforming paths are generally fairly linear and there's no reason to slow down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
The solution to the clones puzzle is definitely the most memorable thing in the game.

• Locked thread