Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

This game was loving great. gently caress the haters :colbert:
I love the artstyle and the characters, especially since the story gives you snippets about them without really loading it into giant exposition blocks. NOLAN NORTH is great as the Prince.
Okay yeah the combat system isn't the best, and it does get repetitive, but other PoP games had similar problems.

People bitching about not being able to die is also goddamn dumb. In SoT/WW/TT you died, ate a game over screen, a loading screen and then you were back at your last checkpoint. Now you just have Elika save you and you're back in the action with a similar amount of progress lost. The only difference between these two mechanics is two minutes of wait time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Nidoking posted:

Also, rewinding put you much closer to where you made your mistake than Elika's recovery ability sometimes does. There are some long stretches of DDRing in this game, and if you miss one input, you're back at the start. Why is everyone so happy that they can't just hit the rewind button and go back to the part they messed up? How is that MORE convenient?

Honestly? I didn't find rewind to be that useful. And here's why: In the beginning of the game I died to the platforming pretty often because I wasn't used to the control scheme and because you start with only a few sand tanks. But towards the middle, platforming becomes a lot easier, so I start making less mistakes so I use rewind less (and try to use my sand tanks for Eye of the Storm bullet-time). Then at then end of the game I like never make mistakes, I have some uber sword that makes battles a snap and I have a huge collection of sand tanks in case I get into a sticky situation.

So for me, rewind was always a crutch ability, and while I love it and it is cool as hell, I did not find it too useful.
I do agree with the DDR comment. Especially if you have to do it multiple times due to backtracking. TT had some sections like that, but they never repeated so even the worst of them were only a one time thing.

• Locked thread