Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
air-
Sep 24, 2007

Who will win the greatest battle of them all?

I have a friend who grabbed an extra pass for me during the presale since I did the same for him for Movement this year. My only Coachella experience was last year and I had a blast, except I'm torn because of the cost and the lineup. Looking back, I spent a poo poo ton at Coachella compared to my usual festivals like SXSW/FFF/Movement, which all cost way less. As far as the lineup, majority of the undercard is what I'm interested in because of electronic acts that don't even pass through Texas. I guess we'll see depending on some of the lineup announcements for the more electronic music focused festivals that I'm planning to do.

supersteve posted:

How thorough are the car camping searches?

Very much depends on the person searching your car. Last year, they didn't look through our coolers which was fortunate for various reasons, but especially because I didn't realize one of them had alcohol in glass. The main consensus is to just keep what you don't want found physically on you (crotch/bra etc).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Noslo posted:

I'm sure it's pretty low. Don't have it clearly visible.

I think you're okay'd to bring in 1 case of beer but not liquor. Also, I assume the searches are only first day? So far our plan has been to keep all the booze at the hotel room during car check in and then later roll over with the goods.

I did see one car where the first place they looked was under the hood, so like I said, it's a huge dice roll on how thorough they'll go. Glass (hard liquor), weapons, and metal stakes are mainly what they're looking for.

air-
Sep 24, 2007

What I really wanna know - how was Squarepusher? Pumped to see him at Movement.

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Avalanche posted:

Really trying hard to watch this live on youtube, but all the techno sets (more like trance) just seem so terrible compared to prior years. Set after set of top 10s from beatport following the usual 'hella dope drops' seesaw pattern for 60min. Sooo loving boring.

Or maybe I'm just getting old.

incoherent is right and Yuma had some quality poo poo in there: Tale of Us, Carl Craig, Danny Tenaglia, Jon Hopkins, Ben Klock

Also if you want techno, even better places to be are Movement, Decibel, or Great American Techno Festival.

• Locked thread