Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Listerine
Jan 5, 2005

Exquisite Corpse
I don't think Raylan is worth surviving. His methods aren't much better than the crooks he goes after. Those he doesn't strongarm, he manipulates with no regard for their welfare.

Dewey was just dumb. He wasn't an inherently evil character, he mostly just made poor decisions. That he got executed right off in the first episode really sets the tone for the season I think.

I'd love it if someone would post what Raylan says to Dewey about fate's right hand though, watched it twice tonight and missed the exact line.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Listerine
Jan 5, 2005

Exquisite Corpse

Boatswain posted:

He is not a "good guy" but how can you not love Raylan :allears:

Dewey was an rear end in a top hat, albeit funny and somehow endearing (despite of his Nazi tattoos).

Oh I love raylan in the sense that I enjoy escapism, and he gets the totally cool one-ups-men lines, but at the end of the day he stands for everything I don't like in modern police forces. He's not really a good person. So it remains to be seen if the writers decide to let him ride off into the sunset, victorious, or whether they let something more realistic be the end of the show. Given how Dewey met his fate, it could go either way at this point I think.

Listerine
Jan 5, 2005

Exquisite Corpse

Boatswain posted:

E: Does Eric Roberts ever feature in any episode? I can't remember if I've dreamt it or not.

Yes, he's in a few episodes as the cop (DEA?) that helps Raylan track down Hot Rod last season. He was running Hot Rod as a CI, but they get to him too late. He's then run over by Dewey Crowe after he stops Dewey and Danny in the towtruck loaded with the Mexican heroin. He was in something like 3-4 episodes.

• Locked thread