Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zorak
Nov 7, 2005
I'm sure some of y'all have noticed how little I've been around as of late. Well... It was bound to happen sometime but: I'm anime'd out. I'm tired of anime. I've gone through "apathetic about anime" phases before and soldiered on, but lately I've been way too busy with my employment to give moderating much time at all regardless of my own anime-watching status. Which is really not fair to you all. So after probably too many years sticking around as moderator, I've hung up my hat and stepped down.

When I was first made moderator I was age-wise the youngest moderator by far (whoah what a surprise, anime mod as a literal child), and now I'm vacating it as someone who has been a moderator nearly the longest. Even ignoring the fact that I'm frankly kind of just tired of the whole thing at this point, ADTRW has probably been in need of new blood for some time. I feel this is overall a very positive thing for the forum, given how much of a relative dinosaur I am at this point.

For those of you that have worked with me over these years to make this forum a good place for sane anime discussion: Thank you. I've gotten a lot of support over the years, and I probably wouldn't have lasted this long if it hadn't been for your support. I know not all of you have agreed with my decisions or been my biggest fans, and I'm sure I've given punishments that were unjustified. I've been a crabby dolt, and I've acted too quickly or too slowly or in the wrong ways far too many times. I apologize for that. Thank you for putting up with me this long.

I'll continue to post and be around, so it's not like I'm vanishing. I'm sure the anime bug will eventually bite me again (when they finally make a new Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex???) where I'll be more inclined to keep up to date with ongoing stuff. It's happened before, it'll happen again.

As to who is replacing me, the admins are working on selecting my replacements, and have been working at it for some time now. The candidate list they're working on is fantastic, and I'm sure whoever they ultimately select will do an excellent job. So many of you are fantastic posters that contribute excellently, there is far from a lack of options. I don't think you will have to wait long in any case.

So, as a great anime once said:

Thanks again! :)

Zorak fucked around with this message at 08:30 on Jan 7, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
The anime king is dead

Long live the anime king

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Post ins anely sexy moderator pics itt

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

Finally, I will be able to make the anime season thread :pray:

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

What will become of the Zorkast?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-M4WXov2lM

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Congratulations to Big Anime Fan Here for his new moderator position

aers
Feb 15, 2012

Does this mean we have to stop shitposting

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

aers posted:

This is basically your dad leaving and saying your aunt and uncle will be coming by in a couple days to stay with you until he gets back, now don't trash the house before they get here

Shitpost harder, is what I'm saying

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Dads away, party time bitches! *sits in a darkened room watching anime and eating hot pockets*

Captain Failcon
Jul 19, 2008

dill with it
good to see that porch monkey zorak finally got demodded from his coon chair

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,
God doesn't help little frogs.

He helps people like me.
I can't believe you're letting this man down, Zorak;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxGRhd_iWuE

aers
Feb 15, 2012

Literally The Worst posted:

This is basically your dad leaving and saying your aunt and uncle will be coming by in a couple days to stay with you until he gets back, now don't trash the house before they get here

Shitpost harder, is what I'm saying

Yeah but your dad's been on vacation for the past year already so the place is pretty messy

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

aers posted:

Yeah but your dad's been on vacation for the past year already so the place is pretty messy

He's been in and out and grounded you a few times but he barely sticks around long enough to make sure you actually do it. You've got total free reign for a couple of days, enjoy it. Have a kegger. Piss in his bed.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」
I think we know that the most important qualification for the new mod is that they do not allow the LoGH thread (a thread which not only predates Zorak's star, but in fact his very SA account) to die. Such a creature would surely be the antichrist, as foretold in the Revelation of John.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

AzraelNewtype posted:

Revelation of John.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Why couldn't you probate ViggyNash again on the way out Zorak you bitch

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤
I thought this place had gone downhill lately! I can only hope your successor bans all non-haiku posts and shows mercy upon none.

Flights of sweaty angels sing thee to thy rest.

rainy day
Jul 20, 2009

by Ralp
good riddance

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

aers posted:

Then what would we do here?

El Diabolico
Dec 19, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Eh... You did good, Zorak.

Question is: Who will be the next anime poo poo posting overlord and how they will be chosen?

Choose wrong and possibly the men in black might end up knocking on lowtax's door, or worse, this place could turn into the ANN forums.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Well it was a well deserved break. Thank you Zorak for keeping the forum from being a complete cesspit. I hope your successor is as diligent as you.

I also have this question. When the new mod comes up will the rules change along with him/her or are they mostly going to stay the same?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Never would have gotten off my rear end to watch Turn A Gundam without the simulwatchathon, so I owe you big on that. I never had any issue with you Zorak, it'll be weird seeing whoever takes your place.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Suddenly reminded of the time when my wife started coming home later and later from work each day, then I realised I hadn't seen her for a month and found divorce papers pushed through the front door.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

mods are gone, time to post anime now

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
huh thats weird i wasnt notified of the upcoming opening?!?!

Weird BIAS
Jul 5, 2007

so... guess that's it, huh? just... don't say i didn't warn you.
Thanks for being a cool dude with good opinions about anime Zorak.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
As your new moderator I declare that the first post of a every thread has to be about Kancolle. The rest of the thread can have whatever, but the Kancolle is not negotiable.

aers
Feb 15, 2012

No, gently caress you.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

The Board of SA executives gather to determine the next mod of ADTRW only to find that all potential candidates are massive closet lolicons. There is no other course of action but to permaban every ADTRW regular in fear of unmoderated anime chat. Finally, SA is free from the tyranny of the Nipponese overlords as the rejected goons scatter throughout the realms of the internet finding solace in only the seediest of anime forums.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

In the post-anime aftermath, one lone ex-mod finds himself alone amidst the ruins of a once great and terrible subforum. Bending down to sift through the dust and debris of the wasteland, he unearths a Jonjonaug post defending Yume Miru Kisuri. The figure rises to his feet standing confident over the wreckage; he had done this, it was finally over. Zorak smiles for the first time in ages as he logs out for the last time.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Finally, Dick Spacious will be able to post freely.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
But who will gas all the "Nanoha was genre changing magical girl" threads now?

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

Weird BIAS
Jul 5, 2007

so... guess that's it, huh? just... don't say i didn't warn you.

pentyne posted:

But who will gas all the "Yuri Kuma Arashi" threads now?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

:mad:

.Clash
Apr 10, 2009
Thanks for all the effort Zorak.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Zorak posted:

As to who is replacing me, the admins are working on selecting my replacements, and have been working at it for some time now. The candidate list they're working on is fantastic, and I'm sure whoever they ultimately select will do an excellent job. So many of you are fantastic posters that contribute excellently, there is far from a lack of options. I don't think you will have to wait long in any case.

That's not a very reassuring thing coming from you

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

pandaK posted:

The Board of SA executives gather to determine the next mod of ADTRW only to find that all potential candidates are massive closet lolicons. There is no other course of action but to permaban every ADTRW regular in fear of unmoderated anime chat. Finally, SA is free from the tyranny of the Nipponese overlords as the rejected goons scatter throughout the realms of the internet finding solace in only the seediest of anime forums.

A furry calling out the lolicons? Say it aint so

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

Come on Zorak, I know that Yuri Bear Storm turned out to be creepy and you regret bolding it in the winter thread, but you don't have to take it this far.

• Locked thread