Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
inSTAALed

MOP

n'

SLOP
reading is good especially when you are reading books

i am going to read 26 books this year because i want to get back into reading books again like i used to

it is a very low goal but one i feel i can easily meet

lets talk about reading books

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Tin Of Beans

i'm reading "annihilation" by that vandermeer fella, it's pretty neat so far, as contemporary weird horror stuff goes. reading books is good. i'm going to read a book by a russian guy after this book.

inSTAALed

MOP

n'

SLOP
tfw u loan somebody a book and they bend the spine back really hard to read one handed

treasure bear

i used to read but the third girl with the dragon tattoo book broke me about 1/4 in because the books are so badly written

inSTAALed

MOP

n'

SLOP
if you arent enjoying a book read a different book

it is okay

FluffieDuckie

i used to read a lot but then i got my kindle. i'm too cheap to pay full price for their books so i read the free stuff which lets face it sucks. so now i still read but it's drivel an 8th grader could have spewed out and i think i'm getting dumber with every word i read

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

inSTAALed

MOP

n'

SLOP
go to the library for whatever free book you want

inSTAALed

MOP

n'

SLOP
also pretty much all libraries let you check out e-books now on your e-readers, check on their website

treasure bear

it happened about 2 years ago and i've been unable to finish a book since, I used to always have a book on the go

inSTAALed

MOP

n'

SLOP
that happened to me with the first book in that series

like i used to read every night then i tried to read that and 50 pages in i just stopped reading for like 3 years now...

hmm

FluffieDuckie

inSTAALed posted:

also pretty much all libraries let you check out e-books now on your e-readers, check on their website

oh high tech. this is great. i learned something from the forums today

i did not expect that

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

A Tin Of Beans

inSTAALed posted:

this is a pro strat

also even if the bullshit people put on kindle for free is crap you can look for THe Classics at project gutenberg or whatever. moby dick is actually a pro read. i was always scared of it bc it's spoken of so highly and as being like this massive challenging tome but it's actually fuckin hilarious at points and generally just real good. theres other books you can get too, that are good, and not 8th grade writing trash.

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

Still reading Paradise Lost and I'm LOVING IT

emmie

moby "dick" lmao

inSTAALed

MOP

n'

SLOP
i am reading the 2nd book of a song of ice and fire right now.. about halfway through

want to read them before i watch the show because i like to be disappointed

emmie

inSTAALed posted:

i am reading the 2nd book of a song of ice and fire right now.. about halfway through

want to read them before i watch the show because i like to be disappointed

tyrone kills tyrone

inSTAALed

MOP

n'

SLOP

emmie posted:

tyrone kills tyrone

aww wyeeee

inSTAALed

MOP

n'

SLOP
sometimes amazon has really good deals on ebooks. someone told me i would like brandon sanderson so i got way of kings, words of radiance, and the mistborn trilogy for 8 dollars total but i havent read them yet

i dont have a kindle but i have the kindle app on my phone and also you can read them on your computer at read.amazon.com which is nice sometimes when work gets slow

alnilam

here read 2 books without even leaving your chair,
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3687796

ty manifisto

mags

I am a congenital optimist.
im reading the brothers karamazov to look smart for a barista at starbucks

paul_soccer12 posted:

everyone in the idf must die

(USER WAS PERMABANNED FOR THIS POST)
inSTAALed

MOP

n'

SLOP

CAT BRUSH posted:

im reading the brothers karamazov to look smart for a barista at starbucks

is it working?

mags

inSTAALed posted:

is it working?

no, he still spells my name wrong on the cup

paul_soccer12 posted:

mags

who the hell is CART BARSH

paul_soccer12 posted:

inSTAALed

MOP

n'

SLOP

CAT BRUSH posted:

no, he still spells my name wrong on the cup

"KAT BRUSH"

what is this poo poo

mags

i didn't pay 9.95 for the soft cover at barnes and noble to still be insulted on my white mocha machiatto

gently caress this

paul_soccer12 posted:

alnilam

read Fear and Trembling instead, instant coffe shop points

ty manifisto

inSTAALed

MOP

n'

SLOP
war and peace

alnilam

more like bore and peace

ty manifisto

inSTAALed

MOP

n'

SLOP
hot takes ITT

mags

gently caress you greg, i ordered this without whip. look what i'm reading greg, see this book greg? i'm a loving repeat customer and you still can't get my order right.

paul_soccer12 posted:

playground tough
my brother got me hells angels for christmas

I havent started it yet :negative:

Lil Cunty

look at this good as hell book my bookselling friend down the hall set aside for me a while ago

I'm just getting into it but look at this poo poo

the story of the creation of the 5th Aztec sun

Eskimo story about the wind (spoiler: he's a huge jerk)

ty crap

ty landy

mags

smoke a lot of weed and read it

paul_soccer12 posted:

inSTAALed

MOP

n'

SLOP
read some more of the book yesterday

:justread:

inSTAALed

MOP

n'

SLOP
read 200 pages of my book this weekend and got a bunch of other stuff i needed to do done too

it was a big success of a weekend

inSTAALed

MOP

n'

SLOP
this thread is my byob reading diary

please do not intrude upon my posting privacy

pogi

Im reading the wind up bird chronicle rn, op, its v good

inSTAALed

MOP

n'

SLOP

DrSanchez posted:

Im reading the wind up bird chronicle rn, op, its v good

that sounds v good i will add it to my list of things i should read

glad u have been reading and enjoying the written word, friend

Qwerinty

by zen death robot
My father gave me this book called The Land of Laughs by Jonathan Carroll, a few years ago and I've tried to read it 3 times, and I can't do it. I've gotten further than ever, which is exactly halfway through the book, but NOTHING is happening. I reread Good Omens instead, which I haven't for 15 years or so and my friend lent me her copy. I also have this huge collection of Lovecraft stories, but it's kinda heavy to take around town with me. Gonna stop by the used bookstore on the corner a block away today and pick something up.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ulvir

I've started this year pretty simple. read the first two murakami books and are now reading on the beach

• Locked thread