Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

I'm looking for a certain type of anime. I really want to see some good anime fight scenes. I saw cowboy bebop and it had pretty cool fight scenes. I was once tricked into watching some samurai shampoo show or something and it was stupid as hell.

Anyone know any animes with good and realistic fight scenes?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

You should try the recommendations thread

Chaika has good fights

Silynt
Sep 21, 2009
I'm fairly certain they stopped making new fighting animes quite some time ago - apparently Japanese culture evolved past the point where they enjoy seeing animated bloodshed. I think there's an 80's anime thread floating around somewhere, maybe try asking there?

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

ping pong: the animation

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Synopsis
Toru Acura is a 20-year-old retired soldier meandering through life post-war. He encounters Chaika Trabant, a 14-year-old sorceress carrying a coffin, and follows her in hopes of finding some semblance of meaning in his life again. The two are accompanied by Toru's adopted sister Akari, the sole employed member of the group and thereby their source of sustenance.

That doesn't sound at all like what I asked for.

Secondly, I really doubt they have evolved past the point of bloodshed.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

im the powerful fighter who loses to the mc and then joins them as an ally

edit wait i misclicked, this is not the right thread

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Sword of the Stranger, OP.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Srice posted:

It's this.

Also, Chaika is fun but like the opposite of what he's asking for.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
The first or second Fullmetal Alchemist may help you, OP.

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice

satanic splash-back posted:

Synopsis
Toru Acura is a 20-year-old retired soldier meandering through life post-war. He encounters Chaika Trabant, a 14-year-old sorceress carrying a coffin, and follows her in hopes of finding some semblance of meaning in his life again. The two are accompanied by Toru's adopted sister Akari, the sole employed member of the group and thereby their source of sustenance.

That doesn't sound at all like what I asked for.

I mean, it's not Cowboy Bebop but it has really good fight choreography. If you want those extended hollywood-style combat scenes though you'll want to look at the 80's or something, yeah.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

For totally epic anime fights OP should check out RWBY

FiftySeven
Jan 1, 2006

I WON THE BETTING POOL ON TESSAS THIRD STUPID VOTE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS HALF-ASSED TITLE

Slippery Tilde
You should watch Musashi Gundoh.

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
Check out JoJo's bizarre adventure, op.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

no they will not posted:

Check out JoJo's bizarre adventure, op.
The most correct answer so far

coathat
May 21, 2007

Dirty Pair starring Kei and Yuri

aers
Feb 15, 2012

Srice posted:

100%

Notmypants
Jan 3, 2014

Pants pants moose pants.

I'm looking for a certain type of anime. I really want to see some good anime fight scenes. I saw cowboy bebop and it had pretty cool fight scenes. I was once tricked into watching some samurai shampoo show or something and it was stupid as hell.

What? Samurai Champloo is good and funny and has good fight scenes. How many episodes did you watch?

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
The fights in Toradora are pretty drat real.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Unlimited Blade Works. (Edit: The newly released series by UFOTable. Not the lovely DEEN movie.)

Comedy Option: That anime about the guy who just haymakers women in every episode.

AlternateNu fucked around with this message at 15:23 on Jan 8, 2015

aers
Feb 15, 2012

There's a lot of realism in the way Archer summons a million weapons with magic powers and then ufotable slams a bunch of digital filters all over him using them.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

aers posted:

There's a lot of realism in the way Archer summons a million weapons with magic powers and then ufotable slams a bunch of digital filters all over him using them.

As if Jojo, Samurai Champloo, or FullMetal Alchemist are any better at the realism angle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

AlternateNu posted:

As if Jojo, Samurai Champloo, or FullMetal Alchemist are any better at the realism angle.

It's true, they are.

• Locked thread