Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Butt Frosted Cake
Dec 27, 2010

Who the hell are those guys in the op? Here's the real cast

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Butt Frosted Cake
Dec 27, 2010

Sakurazuka posted:

He's always being pretty weird though, at the same time as he was doing stuff like Urusai Yatsura and Patlabor he directed Angel's Egg, which is probably one of the most impenetrably surreal films I've ever seen.

I didn't find Angel's Egg that impeterable as long as your atleast somewhat familiar with Noah's Ark. A guy wandering around carrying a cross is pretty easy to figure out, as well as the egg being a metaphor for Oshii's personal faith (if you break the egg to find out whats inside you ruin it). And the common reading for fish symbolism seemed to fit, dreaming dissolution and death. I don't know that's like 80% of the Oshii impentrable bullshit in the movie.

Butt Frosted Cake
Dec 27, 2010

Butt Frosted Cake
Dec 27, 2010

Remember that time Kanuka stopped 9/11 from happening?

• Locked thread