Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
Everyone is going to be a cyborg by the end of this series, aren't they?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strabo4
Jun 1, 2007

Oh god, I'm 'sperging all
over this thread too!

That episode was a lot of fun, goddamn that fight between Archer and Conway was good. And with how many life-threatening injuries he receives, Archer is bound to get cyborg'd at some point and his flip out will be amazing.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

That was a good return to form. Last week's episode was good, but it was lacking the rapid-fire banter of the past. This more than made up for it.

And yes, Conway Stern is his real name. We've been had.

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

Everyone is going to be a cyborg by the end of this series, aren't they?
Not if Archer can help it.

Carlosologist posted:

Lana's family came up again... sounds like we might meet them soon. Or never, take your pick.
According to Matt Thompson, we won't see Lana's sister, but we will see her parents. I guess we'll find out soon enough if Lana is quadroon, octoroon, or other.

Vishass
Feb 1, 2004

Robert Denby posted:

Guessing we just saw half the seasons budget right there. Holy poo poo.

Nope. That was a big fight, though.

StoneOfShame
Jul 28, 2013

This is the best kitchen ever.
Ok so I knew they were going do a Lando Calrision joke as soon as they said Lando as a name but I still lost it when they went for it.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Glad I wasn't imagining the improved animation, a few of the head shots almost looked like cel shaded 3d models (in a very good way)

I really enjoyed the episode, it definitely shows that they are trying to go back to the shows roots.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
Looks like they're reinventing Cheryl a bit again. She didn't get hot and bothered over Mallory choking her, or over the emotional violence either. (I wonder how long they've been waiting to use 'ritzy ditz'!)

Loved the episode, though. This show is back.

Biaga
Oct 27, 2009
I love Krieger and his creations.

Out of curiosity, is it established that he is the original krieger or are they keeping it vague? I mean I have watched the last krieger clone fight a few times and assumed that he is the original but him getting pam's name wrong when he's sitting in the hot tub has me guessing. Then again I think thats the point but I am curious to know what people here think.

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

Biaga posted:

Out of curiosity, is it established that he is the original krieger or are they keeping it vague? I mean I have watched the last krieger clone fight a few times and assumed that he is the original but him getting pam's name wrong when he's sitting in the hot tub has me guessing. Then again I think thats the point but I am curious to know what people here think.

I feel like this would be best resolved by making Krieger's anime girlfriend have to choose between shooting OG Krieger and Klone Krieger.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Kesper North posted:

Looks like they're reinventing Cheryl a bit again. She didn't get hot and bothered over Mallory choking her, or over the emotional violence either. (I wonder how long they've been waiting to use 'ritzy ditz'!)

You can tell she was into it, they just left the joke in her face because it doesn't really need to be said anymore.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Biaga posted:

They have left it deliberately ambiguous.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Kesper North posted:

Naw it was pretty much implied she was into it.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Naw it was pretty much implied she was into it.

I watched it twice, and I didn't catch that at all, but I'm perfectly happy to be wrong.

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

I just assumed from the fact that she was blushing furiously by the end of it was a decent indicator.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

InequalityGodzilla posted:

I just assumed from the fact that she was blushing furiously by the end of it was a decent indicator.

I thought that was just what happens when someone nearly chokes you out.

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

It's Cheryl, and IIRC they never had her redden when they choked her before so I'm gonna assume it was her enjoying it.

Alternatively it could just be a little of column A, a little of Column B.

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007
put the 'the' in therapist

:dukedog:

Kesper North posted:

I thought that was just what happens when someone nearly chokes you out.

Don't people turn blue when their blood can't get enough oxygen?

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Acer Pilot posted:

Don't people turn blue when their blood can't get enough oxygen?

Eventually, but first she would turn red due to congestion of the blood in her head.

Pompous Rhombus
Mar 11, 2007
"...it's probably Gaius Baltar's zipcode".

I wasn't a huge fan of the premiere but this episode was excellent.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

Pompous Rhombus posted:

I was laughing so hard at this line.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Pompous Rhombus posted:

I loved that line.

ComfortablyNumb
Nov 7, 2008

This is not how I am.
Something is off with Malory's voice. I watch episodes of Archer all the time lately, and she doesn't sound like herself.

Pikehead
Dec 3, 2006

Looking for WMDs, PM if you have A+ grade stuff
Fun Shoe

Kesper North posted:

I watched it twice, and I didn't catch that at all, but I'm perfectly happy to be wrong.

Same for me - I watched it, and she didn't seem to enjoy it as much as normal. *shrug*.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
Pretty sure the writers are just being careful not to overplay their repeat jokes since they beat all those horses way past dead last season. I like it; Subtlety is a good thing.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

thathonkey posted:

Pretty sure the writers are just being careful not to overplay their repeat jokes since they beat all those horses way past dead last season. I like it; Subtlety is a good thing.
Yeah, season 4 wasn't good for that either. Other than Archer's continuing fear of cyborgs, there weren't many callbacks. I hope they keep this up.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

The description for this episode on the DVR: "An agent from the past has a hand in creating tension between Archer and Lana. New."

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing
Like a foundling... Carved out of onyx...

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.
I love Archer's commitment to concepts, it's such a great gag when played properly. The Pyle jokes this episode were classic Archer, I lost it when he said completely earnestly "it would break Lou Ann's heart".

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp

ComfortablyNumb posted:

Something is off with Malory's voice. I watch episodes of Archer all the time lately, and she doesn't sound like herself.

I think they had to revoice a bunch of lines because of the whole ISIS thing.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
What's that in the window behind him?

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

More cyborgs of course.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

What's that in the window behind him?

Shredder

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

I choose to believe its an Xtacle suit. Possibly Mike or Fat Mike.

Vishass
Feb 1, 2004

That has been there since season 1 or 2. I think it originally straight up was an xtacle suit, but it had to be modified once we had a shot where it was clearly in frame

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Biaga posted:

I'd honestly forgotten about the whole clone thing until I came back in to this thread, but just rationalized it as Krieger forgetting her name since they apparently hadn't seen each other in a while because Krieger never really seemed particularly close to any of them and it seems perfectly in character for him to just not remember or care about Pam.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

Pikehead posted:

120,000 baht :agesilaus:

For what it's worth, the little deer that was in Archer's hotel is called a dik-dik.

tsob posted:

I'd honestly forgotten about the whole clone thing until I came back in to this thread, but just rationalized it as Krieger forgetting her name since they apparently hadn't seen each other in a while because Krieger never really seemed particularly close to any of them and it seems perfectly in character for him to just not remember or care about Pam.

That's how they seem to be playing it, which is nice. It could be that or it could be a clone, both seem kind of likely.
(I hope he isn't a clone personally)

Vishass
Feb 1, 2004

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

@midnight is having a bunch of Archer people on Thursday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rude Dude With Tude
Apr 19, 2007

Your President approves this text.
uproxx have done a thing of gifs from the episode, but the thing that got me is the name of the creator of the article http://uproxx.com/tv/2015/01/archer-quotes-three-to-tango/

• Locked thread