Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
I don't trust myself to open my Kazuma Kaneko complete works without being lost in there forever.

I really like Pixie and Lucifer's wings. SMT (1 or 2, i don't remember) has the best lucifer in games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Inflammatory posted:

can you loving believe there are people who don't like smt iv?

holy poo poo I haven't seen anything but the sprite before and I didn't notice just how much this design owns

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
ok i dug around

SATAN:

hey man i'm satan what's up

BAM SURPRISE
i like how the pleating on his jacket becomes stuff on the monster form

lucifer is cool

this is one of my favorite designs in the series, it's ame no uzume

Fenrir posted:

Hell Biker owns.

ok i'm tired of uploading stuff

other stuff that owns
lilith: the snake of temptation with its scales blending w/ her skin. entry 539
pixie: wings are cool as hell. 544
worm: 141, it's just a cool sandworm with feelers.

SMT2 is definitely his best time and he gets a little homogenous by dds

SURPRISE COW

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
persona is a SMT series

aleph killing god made the universe shatter so it's a side dimension

it's kind of weird how many persona 4 demons are reused designs from other games

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

um, they are all like that. it's like complaining about the pokemon designs being hte same.

i mean like

this is just a washed out version of the smtii art

i'm fine with reusing good designs but that's just lazy

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Evil Eagle posted:

SMTIV has cool demons.

I'm not even checking but I'm guessing that's Quetzacotl which is good because it means the design matches the mythological stuff.

But it's bad because it's the Minotaur design with a different set of parts.

edit: nope it's astaroth

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
asmodeus looks like a todd mcfarlane sketch

man a jojos thing with kaneko designs would be amazing

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

kaneko by kaneko

does persona 2 IS/EP carry over saves correctly on the psp/vita

edit:
no because sony released the psx version of EP and the PSP version of IS so you can't cross play or anything

Doctor Goat fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Jan 8, 2015

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
dang you're right

soejima is top tier too, i wonder if i can find any of his art books

looking at previews shows it to be far less cool than complete works

Doctor Goat fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Jan 8, 2015

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
it's pretty similar in concept but looking at it closer made me realize the red is a mouth and that owns

they're both human figures that are blending w/ an animal's theme in their lower body and culminating in the upper body of the animal directly merging w/ them

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
man if you put that lucifer outfit on matador he'd be baller as helll

it also feels like the new artist guy isn't doing nearly as much research.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

i messed up

all of them being happy is the creepy part

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
pixie's wings are some of the coolest, ever

here's a hua po. hua po owns. need fire element? you're set

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

this was probably funnier in my head

Odin owned in SMT2 because he was like HEY STOP TALKING GUESS WHAT NUKE.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Inflammatory posted:

pretty sure that's thor.

isn't he going by thorson or something

when i first played it i had no ability to read into things and that blew my mind

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

RottenK posted:

i'm pretty sure that teddie did not look prepubescent in the game

also go away

that's not teddie you scrub

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

stoutfish posted:

the persona 2 designs are way better than persona 3/4

persona 2 is cool as gently caress and i recommend playing the psp versions of 1 and 2 IS

it's too bad 2 EP for PSP didn't make it to the US ironically

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
which smt should i play

i have:

strange journey
persona 4
smtiv
devil survivor
devil summoner

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
i've beaten smt 1 and 2, played a lot of persona 1 before i hit one of those fucker dungeons that warps you to the beginning if you mess up, started persona 2 but i didn't get far and i wanna play it again

i almost beat persona 3 portable but my psp died and i lost its memory card before i got a new one

i will play persona 4: the golden because i played like an hour of smt4 and somehow missed saving and that made me sad and unwilling to go through it again for a bit

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
i have a vita for some reason

the remakes of the persona games are all really cool. p1's new music is great

edit: i want to play IS but i don't want to not be able to port my save to EP and they're not gonna port that

Doctor Goat fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Jan 11, 2015

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
i get the feeling the hardest difficulty version of shadow yosuke is nasty as gently caress, like the first 3 maps of FE:A are hard as gently caress because you don't have any preparation

the only reason he isn't a threat is because he doesn't spam his wind attack

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
i wish uke mochi would get in a smt game. uke mochi was a goddess who expelled food from bodily orifices and it was so gross that tsukuyomi killed her on seeing it happen

that's one of the only things i remember well from mythology studies

Tzaphkiel: Tzaphkiel also known as Zaphkiel, Tzaphquiel or Tzaphqiel, is an Archangel of Judaic lore. Tzaphkiel name means "The Beholder of God". He is associated with the name of YHWH called Elohim, the Sephirah Binah, and the planet Saturn.

"Beholder, eh?"

there's some real intent following of judaic archangels now and GIS made me aware of that and now I'm weirded out

there's some old testament stuff to be mined like the seraphim

Melchizedek is also always an old guy w/ a white beard and pipe and I guess there are worse things to be in mythology but it didn't give them much to work with

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Radish posted:

Yeah they are really under-utilizing him now but I have no idea what's going on at Atlus so maybe he's just burnt out I dunno.

i think he might have gotten bored

his SMT designs started getting kind of repetitive, but Persona stuff went down anther path until most of the personas started getting recycled there, too

digital devil saga required a new style, so it was fresh and had cool stuff again

i don't know if Raidou reset him or not, I didn't play it

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Bayonetta 1+2 are fun with how they interpret angel mythology

hell yes, Bayonetta's old testament style demons rule

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
p4g Contrarian king is an rear end in a top hat

no weaknesses, spams Rampage if he feels like it

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

DoubleDonut posted:

No weaknesses, comes in packs of four, spams second-tier multi-hit spells really early in the game, tends to ambush you, has no problem exploiting all three of your party members' weaknesses so that they get a billion turns

they're weak to hama actually

edit: dang they're completely different in golden, they have agilao from the start and maragi after a charge but they have a weakness now and don't have all 4 elements

Doctor Goat fucked around with this message at 12:51 on Jan 16, 2015

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
how do i not run out of SP when i'm going around having a good time in p4g

i'm fighting metal hulk hogans in kanji's magic gay steamhouse and they die really easy to hama but not to anything else, and the same with the tigers

but i can't constantly pump out hama

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
sp restoration items are not very common. i think i'm overlevelled because yukiko just got agilao and i'm in kanji's big gay steamhouse

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
my main character is strong as hell so he dumps all his sp too fast even if i try really hard not to have him do that

he has to cover zio/hama/muda and all debuffs/most buffs

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
there's a new mechanic in 4 golden where you can send SOS messages with a button onscreen and get a little hp/sp back for everyone who clicks send help when your request pops up on their screen

if your request has been up for like a minute and you get into a battle and nobody has clicked it you get a pity message from Igor that recovers like 8hp/sp to everyone

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

hubris.height posted:

lol i had no idea that happened

i used that poo poo all the time, it made clearing the dungeons in one day much easier

it was actually someone named igor, i don't even get pity hits now

http://imgur.com/u3tQvQE,oyUbsCc,MiukH59,UBwiRfh,sjIe0xL,bSXkif7,i6Ow7RZ,0K5N9vs
this is my team, what am i missing

gurr, jack frost, and ippon datara are there as fusion fodder and i might remove the jack frost because of how much better my recorded one is

ippon datara is levelling to mamudo and if he doesn't get mudo boost i'm feeding it to something cooler

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
code:
. .. ...............................................7$Z$7......................
...................................................O$ZZ$Z$7.....................
...... ........  .....  ........................ Z$ZZZZZZZ$O....................
.........................$Z....................?$ZZZZZZZZZ$$....................
........................7$$7Z................ 7ZZZZ$ZOZOZZ$$Z. ................ 
.......................~$$$Z$$Z..............7$ZZ$$ZZZ,.OZZ$$...................
.... ..................7$$ZZZ7$$=...... ...Z$ZZ$Z$$OZ....$Z$$=...=ZZ............
..... ............. ...I$$ZDZZZ7$$.. $Z...$$$$$7$$OZ......ZZ$7 .ZZZZ.......... .
.......................$$$ZO..$OZ$$=ZZZ..7$Z$Z$$$ZZ ......$ZZ$ZZZZ$.............
......................+$$7Z$....ZZOOZ.Z:7$$$Z$$Z$Z?....... ZZ$ZZ=?$.............
......................Z$77$$ ....O$$$$Z$$$$Z$$$ZZ$.........ZZZ$..ZO.............
....... ............ .7$7$ZZZ.$ONOOZ$$$ZZ$ZOOZZO8DZO........$$...OZ.O...........
......................7$$Z$ZZD==I=8$$$ZZZZZZZZ$OODOZZO ..........ZZ.............
......................77$$ZZ=====8Z$$$7$$ZZZZZZZZZZZ$$$.........................
............... ......$$Z$$Z=8+I$$$$ZZ$ZZ$$ZZ$$$$ZZZZ7$$:...... ....... ... ....
......................Z8ZZZZZ$$ZZZZ$IIZ7ZZZZZZ$$$$Z$Z$$$$.......................
......................Z$$ZZ7,..............$ZZ$ZZZZZOZ$$7$......................
................... ..$7$..........,.........,+$ZZZZZZ$Z77Z ....................
.... ................77+.........+NNND.........,.7ZZZZ$$$7$.....................
.... ...............$7...........DNMMND..........,I$ZZZ$Z$$7....................
 ...   .............I....DND,....NMNMNNO.........,,:$ZZZZ$ZZ .........$.........
....   .............,...DNMND....NMNMMND...........,:$ZZZZZOZ. ........I........
...................7....DNNNN$...ZNMMNND...........,::$$ZZZZ$7........,.........
...................7....DNMMND....DNNNN?....:8....,..,:Z$$$?7$Z....:.,~.........
...................,.....NNNND......:=....8NN8 .....,::=$$Z8O$7..I.=:O,.?.......
.........................,NNN8.........:NNMNN~.......:::~7$$$Z......I,...... ...
....................~......,........$:,:NMNND.......,:DNDI.. ..,........7. .....
................................ONNMNNN+NNND.......::NMMNZZZZ,.....:$==..?......
........................ ODND,.NMNMMMMMMMND......,:+NMMNZZZZZZO.....?,..........
..........................INMMMMMMMMMMNNN8......,:NNMNZZ$N8$.Z....~,,,..... ....
........................~....=DNMMMNND8:.....,:+NMMOZ$$$$$Z,.....,:,..:.........
........................?$$+...............,:NMNOZZZZ$$Z$$$+......,:?...........
......................O$$$$ZZZZO=,...,,=ODNNO$$$$$NMN$Z77$$$,....,,.............
.. .................Z7$NN$$$Z7$ZZZ$$$ZZ$ZZ$ZZ$$$$ZZNONND$$$$7:,,::..............
..................Z$8D~.:$$$$ZZZZ$$$77$$$DZZ$7$$$$ZN:,,,8DZ$ZNNN................
.................7,O...:$$ZZZNM$$77$7$$$MMMN7$$7$$ZZD,,..,+DO$:,O.  . . .... ...
...............,7.I...:7ZZZNMMDZ777$77$NND...O7$$ZZZN~....,,DD=O$...............
............. ==......Z$$:NNO..+$$7$$ZNND......~7Z$$ND......DD7,?...............
.... .................77.ND.....$7$$ZNND.........O$$NN,..,,,...,................
..................$..=+,ID......,7$7~ND~...........$NND..,....,$................
..................,,..7,D8.......O$$,D8.............=+D,.,...,~.................
................I..+..,..........I+?$D8.....................:7......... ........
................?..,I..?.........7I..Z,...................,,+. .................
................ 7....,?7...............................,,$.............. ......
...................~..?..,...........................,,,$.......................
...........................I....................,.,,:,I............ ... .... .. 
.............................$,,...........,,,,:,I::+...........................
................................8O:,...,,,,~8ND:,::............. ...............
.................................::7......=Z:,,,,............. ... ... .  . ....
..... .....................O....:8DO.....,,?Z+~~~???............................
.......................7===~=~==?++?..Z======~=++??+..................,.........
.................O$$$7..+===??ZDO$+..,+=?ZD8OOOOO8=...........++~$,=........ ...
...............$$ZZZ$$$ZZZZZ$ZO$.....7ZZZOONMMO8O8?..........I?...... .. . .. ..
..............$$$Z$$$$$ZOZZZZZZ=.....Z$ZZNDZ$$$$ZZZ$$.........?.. . .  .. . . ..
.............?$Z$$ZZZZZZZZZOOOZ.....$$$Z$$$7$$$$ZZZZ$$..........................
..... O8DDDDNND8DNDNNNMMNMNMMNNNNNNNZZZ$ZZZZZZZZZ$ZZOONNDDO?.... .  ...  ..     
.................   .............??++~+==?$Z888D888O$I,.........................

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
code:

O?+??.                                                     
                   ?+?I???+7                   .D$OO                            
                 .?IIIINI7I7.                 ZOOMMMMN                          
                :$$?+?MN??7II                 $ZZ::MMMD                         
               ?I?77$?NN??I7$.          Z$ZO  $DZO  ZMM    $Z$OZZZ              
              ,7$?IZNMMMM?$?77         ZODNMMM.ZON   NM, $ZOZ8MMZM8             
               NM$7MZMMMDMM77I.       ?$ND  NMM.ZOM..MM.ZZZ?     NN$      8MM=  
               8N$MM$Z78MN7MMD        $$ZZ . NMMZZ8DIMM$OZ        O8    Z87     
               ~N+MMM7MMMMD$N.         7$I$~8ZDZ$DOMMMZZ87        Z8   .ND      
         Z=7 Z  ?78MMMM8N7Z$O         Z.8+$$$$Z$O$ZMMOZON .$ONZZO .N  Z.        
           $?7  +?$I?+$Z$$7$OZ     .$Z7M+8MNN NDNMZZO8ZD.7ZOZ8NMMZ              
          I+    :$$7ZZND$ZO$7D.  .N8Z$?+N$MZMZZ$Z+=$NZZZDZZ$.   N8D             
          ~7.    $7+$$?ZZ$$ODZO+$NMZ++$$ZMM8MZ8D?7+$I$ZODDDZO.  DMN             
           7+.   $$~$ZZM$Z8Z$$$D$ZD7?ZN$MMMM$D$OZ7ZZ8ONNZMMMO$  MMD             
           .OI~   ZO8MZ7O$$7ZZ$ZOIZ7DI$$MMMNZ$8ZOZ88D:IZ.MM$Z7 NMN              
     $7I    .Z?Z$77O$DMZ8ZNIZO$O$I$$N7=7ZMZ+$+ONNN8+~$DNZMMN$.MMD  .N   D       
       ==+=   I$DNM.?I$M8Z$$OMOZZZ+Z7MMOI7I?8~+=?Z~~Z?MDMMO8$$N   .N    ,.      
     I7..8O7+Z     .,+7IMN7D?DO$Z7Z7NZMN=7D7+Z$~$N+?$:$MMMMOMZ.   N             
     ~    OI$77=   .ZD=7$MMOD$8MNZ8N$++7$78+NN+7$?=ZMN?MMMN+NI8MNNO             
        .7    778=.$$. .77$MZ$8DNO8?NMMNZ,+OI+I+8+?ZDD~$MZ~7MZ$N7               
       .$      OO7.8.    :7D$MMMM?7$N+D$$7==?+D??+Z?O8M?MM$D N$7                
       .=   O=$ ..,.     DD$~8.~8=I,Z=7?+7Z7?$+7??ZMN~.O$7IMM.77.NM?            
      .~.  ++$+~ .,.     :+?NIM7ND+:?:::O$$N$~I$??$8MMOII7:.877O  MMD           
      ,O.  $=I.7 .,Z    ..DMN~M?=$O7D+8DZ=?7:?DN+?$?I$NMO7:OMM+IM  NN           
   .I .~7  .78:,?.:+      NM8~8$MO$?OZ78I78+I$M=+?$?ZO$88~+NMN7+.D.N?           
     +.:?   ,8:.:+:O.     +,8:MN8?????8$7Z$:MN?=++$$8?7MZZZM8.?+ . O            
     .+,$=  ~7..$,,:+OMMN.$N+$O$8++?IZ7$Z$$7Z+++++$?NM7D?$$NNM8+                
      .,,?Z  I+:7Z,::++ND,~?$~+?N++ZZ7Z7$77$I$$$?I$7$$ ~NO7   D~                
      :8,,???=NN7.O,,,:8.=$?M$N8?8$$7MMMMMN77$ZM77$7$ $?N~?D  ?I                
     7D ,,,,+:8O.?7,,DI=.+I?M??=8M$MN NNMMMMD7ZM$Z77  :ID I$ ++.                
     +8N.:,D7.8.?77.=NZ.?D?+ZDD~D?DON Z?NMMMMMZ77$$7ZZ?D O ?8?Z                 
     ?  .+=,?ZD=N,I$MM,ZMM??$NDOI? 7N=O          .$$7:N:   8NI.                 
     $N::7NMOO:8$8   ,$  ,D?N8D8.$  8MD           +I$$8    Z77                  
     ?,+D D$ ,+      Z     7D8$+Z. .ON             O$$$   ZI7    .              
    +=$N  DDI       ,      .$ZO$$=DON               ~DN$87$I     :.             
       8MNZ.........,~IZDDNNMMZDMMMMMMN8ZZOOZ7OZODDDDNNNNNDD.                   

didnt come out quite as well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
oh no i forgot i will change that

wait nevermind it's pyf mara = ban, i did not post my favorite

Doctor Goat fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Jan 19, 2015

• Locked thread