Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

I want to see more Biscuit Oliva fights.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
If JoJo ever dries up (God help us) David needs to do an ultra-faithful adaptation of this next

Suleman
Sep 4, 2011
So how about that art evolution

octobernight
Nov 25, 2004
High Priest of the Christian-Atheist Church
Did they ever explain why Baki's dad killed Baki's mom?

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

octobernight posted:

Did they ever explain why Baki's dad killed Baki's mom?

He loved her too much.
No seriously that's the explanation, he loved her so much that he bear hugged her to death.

So much love.
A killing love.

Thoren
May 28, 2008
He respected her because he loved her.

She wandered into the realm of his warrior code.

For that she had to die.

Zeratanis
Jun 16, 2009

That's kind of a weird thought isn't it?
I started reading through this and discovered what's available for the first series is only like 100 or so chapters out of god knows how many...drat.

Guess off to New Baki I go. :sigh: At least that and Son of Ogre look complete.

octobernight
Nov 25, 2004
High Priest of the Christian-Atheist Church

Rigged Death Trap posted:

He loved her too much.
No seriously that's the explanation, he loved her so much that he bear hugged her to death.

So much love.
A killing love.

I have no idea whether this is serious or not because of how ridiculous this manga is. I figured it was because he wanted Baki to be stronger or something, but too hard of a bear hug is even dumber.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Zeratanis posted:

I started reading through this and discovered what's available for the first series is only like 100 or so chapters out of god knows how many...drat.

Guess off to New Baki I go. :sigh: At least that and Son of Ogre look complete.

Watch the anime it covers the entire first series

It should be the thread title or in the op or something

Zeratanis
Jun 16, 2009

That's kind of a weird thought isn't it?
Oh yeah! I forgot the anime was a thing. Thanks!

Thoren
May 28, 2008
I'm a bit disappointed that Baki (huge spoilers for the new manga) went down so easily to Musashi. I guess it's character growth that he didn't flip out or something, but I'm so used to this series loving with your expectations when you think a fight is over. This time it actually was over.

At the pace at this manga goes I might have to take a break for a year or two and then pick it up again. It's Bleach-like in terms of pacing.

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

Thoren posted:

I'm a bit disappointed that Baki (huge spoilers for the new manga) went down so easily to Musashi. I guess it's character growth that he didn't flip out or something, but I'm so used to this series loving with your expectations when you think a fight is over. This time it actually was over.

OR WAS IT??!!

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

The strong are the beautiful !! All BAKI Wants Is To Win!

hohoh0
Apr 5, 2003

TEH GRAPPLER
Holy poo poo a Baki thread?! My 10 yr old profile icon finally has some use!

Seconding the demand for more biscuit oliva!

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Pewdiepie posted:

The strong are the beautiful !! All BAKI Wants Is To Win!

Thoren
May 28, 2008

Jerry Mumphrey posted:

OR WAS IT??!!

Holy gently caress did I speak too soon.

This is why Itagaki is the best.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

6 new chapters out of nowhere what the gently caress!

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

lmfao

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

There's really no meaning in making beetles fight.
ahh musashi looks like he's always on a hair trigger. It's kinda exciting. He's been name dropped for a long time in the series. Now its time for insane pseudo martial arts stuff!

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
I hope he fights pickle.

Syenite
Jun 21, 2011
Grimey Drawer

do their faces have abs or...

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007
Son Of Northern Frostbitten Wintermoon

Shukaro posted:

do their faces have abs or...

A Big Thing about being the baddest of the bad rear end martial artists is being able to grit your teeth with shattering force. So yes, face-abs can totally be a thing.

Baki pseudo-scientific babble is the best pseudo-scientific babble.

ANIME AKBAR
Jan 25, 2007

afu~
Just read the new series and I am supressing the urge to yawn. Seriously, I don't see how a this can turn out well if it's still going to be centered on Baki and Yujiro and whatever bullshit challenger they can cook up. On the other hand I'd love to see more focus on the side characters (Hajime no Retsu??)

JimmyBiskit
Nov 15, 2007

Literally The Worst posted:

Nothing's as good as Shamo

Thank you for reminding me that Shamo exists, but gently caress you for reminding me of how painfully slow it updates :(

Thoren
May 28, 2008

ANIME AKBAR posted:

Just read the new series and I am supressing the urge to yawn. Seriously, I don't see how a this can turn out well if it's still going to be centered on Baki and Yujiro and whatever bullshit challenger they can cook up. On the other hand I'd love to see more focus on the side characters (Hajime no Retsu??)

Retsu is one of the author's favorite characters. He had his own boxing side-arc in the last series. Also, he fights Musashi at some point, might be his first major opponent. I read this in a comment somewhere.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

The retsu fight with that bald dude who kept feigning surrender and trying to recruit him as a teacher for his dojo was awesome.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

I was going to say Retsu's bar fight was awesome but I can't really think of a bad fight in any Baki series really

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007
Son Of Northern Frostbitten Wintermoon

Jose posted:

I was going to say Retsu's bar fight was awesome but I can't really think of a bad fight in any Baki series really

If there were any then Sikorsky was part of them. Complete waste of what could have been an interesting gimmick on a handful of curbstomp fights.

FatSamurai
Jul 7, 2004

Seethe, ye rolling clouds, gather thy stormborn might, and SMITE MINE ENEMY WITH THY UNFETTERED FURY!!!
All I remember about Sikorsky's fights was that everyone kept hammering him in the dick. Speck's was the best, though--it went just long enough to be fulfilling but not so long as Dorian which just kept going forever and ever.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

FatSamurai posted:

All I remember about Sikorsky's fights was that everyone kept hammering him in the dick. Speck's was the best, though--it went just long enough to be fulfilling but not so long as Dorian which just kept going forever and ever.

Speck's fight with Hanayama was my all time favorite

Thoren
May 28, 2008
New Baki Dou up on spinybackmanga.

I have to say my favorite fight has to be Baki vs Oliva. The pacman-attack, then them just slugging it out, plus the whole prison arc before the actual fight.

Plus there was this great scene.

Thoren
May 28, 2008
I had forgotten about this.

Yujiro will make the best grandpa ever.

JDRockefeller
Apr 26, 2010

Thoren posted:

New Baki Dou up on spinybackmanga.

I have to say my favorite fight has to be Baki vs Oliva. The pacman-attack, then them just slugging it out, plus the whole prison arc before the actual fight.

Plus there was this great scene.

Invisible penis or natural camouflage?

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

JDRockefeller posted:

Invisible penis or natural camouflage?

It's a thing in manga to not show dicks, even to the extent of just making them invisible.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

It's mondo hosed up that even in hentai the penises now are completely censored, making them mosaic or lightsaber like instead of just putting tiny black bars on the tip like they did back in the day.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
It's just awkward when the stream of piss is coming out like 2 inches away from his body though

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

YOU CAN NOT BUST THE KRUST

Thoren posted:

Yujiro will make the best grandpa ever.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

I like how often the police get shown up to be useless in Baki

also after seeing bush in the most recent post that he was replaced with Obama

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011