Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

It's nice to experience the Raitai tournament for the first time.

All the fights after they switched to the team format were great and Kaku is amazing.

Got sad at how Muhammad Ali Jr. ended.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

After watching more of the new season I enjoy how much time the series spends on having multiple main characters show up and be like "oh what you're in a body cast? You wanna cry about it fight me you little bitch"

Edit: Also a fan of junior having the stone cold nuts to mouth off to Yujiro but then get the gently caress out. Considering he smashes through the door after that and can't see where he went I can only imagine he calmly walked out of the room after that line and bolted as soon as he was out of eyesight, which is probably wise.

Glagha fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Jun 10, 2020

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Glagha posted:

After watching more of the new season I enjoy how much time the series spends on having multiple main characters show up and be like "oh what you're in a body cast? You wanna cry about it fight me you little bitch"

Edit: Also a fan of junior having the stone cold nuts to mouth off to Yujiro but then get the gently caress out. Considering he smashes through the door after that and can't see where he went I can only imagine he calmly walked out of the room after that line and bolted as soon as he was out of eyesight, which is probably wise.

I like that canonically it is the only fight Yujiro has ever lost

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
I cannot believe how junior's conclusion happens. Built up like that and just dominated in moments.

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

It was always weird how it concluded. But basically, it's to setup the inevitable father son fight and to show how ridiculously strong Baki is becoming

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
As much as the tweening use was super glaring, it was pretty sparse and I didn't mind it too much. It's much better animation wise compared to parts 1 and 2.

Part 1 was just way too much 3d CGI, and it didn't get used well. Part 2 was like 90% just a slide show with almost not actual smooth animation. Part 3 at least had some real animation for the fights.

I didn't like how Grand Kaioh grandpa was drawn. He doesn't look wrinkly, just like he has some terrible tattoo.

Also I still love how Retsu is like "Here, diabetes your poison away."

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

ngl the stuff with junior left a really bad taste in my mouth. Not necessarily Baki owning him, but everyone else getting their wins back on him just felt lovely

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

The entire jr arc was hilarious in retrospect. What a shaggy dog story

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017

The jr arc felt like the author going "i'm gonna introduce a cool rival for Baki! He's gonna beat all the old crew and be a real beast! He's even going to get a rare one up on Yujiro!" and then suddenly deciding "hm, nope. lets get rid of this character quick" and just lets the entire cast beat the poo poo out of jr and then Baki beating him in 3 seconds

Thoren
May 28, 2008
New Grappler Baki is like Itagaki's weird experimental phase. There are few actual good fights. Everything becomes about the philosophy of winning or losing.

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

I felt like the anime at least treated Jr's losses as a teaching moment, especially because later they're talking about him and being like "hey he might win after what we did to him". Like it seemed as if it was building him up, not taking him down. Giving him a big setback on his journey to challenge Baki. I mean, it didn't end up delivering on that promise but hey, it seemed like they were still setting him up.

The train of losses he takes though I enjoy because 1: Basically all our main characters line up to confront him and are like "oh boo hoo you're in a body cast? You gonna cry about it? Fight me you lil bitch" which is just hilarious and extremely Baki. And 2: I saw a video of someone talking about it and how he preferred to interpret it as all of Baki's friends coming to beat his rear end for trying to date Kozue.

Side note, I like Kozue as a character but I feel like romantic relationships are reaaaally not the series strong point, and it's really not good to women in general. That being said, I enjoy Baki's very calm and secure reaction to Jr trying to make a move on Kozue. He's not possessive like you would expect from like, super violent punch mans anime.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

the Ali JR arc is an easy skip when re-reading Baki, just go from Raitai Tournament -> Prison Baki vs Oliva and you aint miss much

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
The prison arc has Che vs Biscuit which is my favorite stupid thing in the series.

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017

My favourite stupid thing is when Yujiro is fighting Baki and he's using Baki as a nun-chuk and then he starts bashing a car with Baki like he's a club and then Baki builds a doll out of car parts while being bashed

Thoren
May 28, 2008

Fartbox posted:

My favourite stupid thing is when Yujiro is fighting Baki and he's using Baki as a nun-chuk and then he starts bashing a car with Baki like he's a club and then Baki builds a doll out of car parts while being bashed

That might have been one of the stupidest and best things to ever happen in manga.

HukHukHuk
Jun 27, 2011

I am the sound of cats and hairballs.
https://mangadex.org/chapter/929596/1

New chapter

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

This is some drat good Baki right here.

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

the best part about recommending the baki anime to people is their reaction when they get to the episode where baki and kozue gently caress. and then you tell them that the bonus manga volume that that episode is based on is even more expicit and weird and show them poo poo like the panels that are pov shots from inside kozue and bakis pussy and dick, respectively

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Glad Doppo didn't job. Him kicking that dude so hard his soul leaves his body and then giving back the dudes ear while saying that he knows a good doctor is quintessential baki.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
he literally kicked the soul out of him lol

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Doppo didn't job for once.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Spinyback finally dropped the rest of the Musashi fight

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007
Son Of Northern Frostbitten Wintermoon

Plutonis posted:

Spinyback finally dropped the rest of the Musashi fight

I'd totally forgotten the sister character and when I originally saw the finishing splash of the fight I assumed it was Motobe in disguise

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I googled what Spinyback was and all i can see are releases from 2017

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

Bushmeister posted:

I'd totally forgotten the sister character and when I originally saw the finishing splash of the fight I assumed it was Motobe in disguise
:same:

I was deeply disappointed to be wrong.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Ringo Roadagain posted:

the best part about recommending the baki anime to people is their reaction when they get to the episode where baki and kozue gently caress. and then you tell them that the bonus manga volume that that episode is based on is even more expicit and weird and show them poo poo like the panels that are pov shots from inside kozue and bakis pussy and dick, respectively

lol, I just finished marathoning all of the anime and looked for this thread because i wanted to say how stupid that sex scene was, also that Baki feels like an anime that's made for people but written by aliens.

I need to start reading the manga.

Thoren
May 28, 2008
I just realized Itagaki's art now looks like the art of someone who would do a spinoff for another author.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Baki is crazy. If it wasn't completely nuts it'd be boring as hell

The spinoff series with Hanayama is also completely nuts. In one chapter a girl asks him if she can be his girlfriend. Naturally, the first thing Hanayama does is pull his pants down and ask her if she can handle his GIGANTIC COCK. She replies with "yeah I mean women can give birth to babies so I can probably handle it".

Then they try to kiss but Hanayama is SO POWERFUL that his kiss almost sucks the girls face off her skull. After that she bails lol

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

I was not familiar with that but that sounds extremely Baki yeah

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

Zzulu posted:

Baki is crazy. If it wasn't completely nuts it'd be boring as hell

The spinoff series with Hanayama is also completely nuts. In one chapter a girl asks him if she can be his girlfriend. Naturally, the first thing Hanayama does is pull his pants down and ask her if she can handle his GIGANTIC COCK. She replies with "yeah I mean women can give birth to babies so I can probably handle it".

Then they try to kiss but Hanayama is SO POWERFUL that his kiss almost sucks the girls face off her skull. After that she bails lol

actually she was sort of okay with that too and only bailed after he asked to see her tits and she imagined what would happen to her tits if he suck on them like how he kissed her

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Looks like Hanayama is up next.

Expect to see some organs get crushed one way or the other.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

https://twitter.com/Harada_TEKKEN/status/1289742009935118337

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
I’m glad Hanayama is of legal drinking age now

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

https://mangadex.org/chapter/983486/1

Lol i called it that this arc was going to be the Raitai Tournament all over

Andrew Lime
Oct 9, 2012

Plutonis posted:

Hey, at least they're getting some good hits in.

In the Raitai Tournament, the Kaiohs did nothing.

Which to me makes way less sense, because the Kaiohs are some underground-level superhuman people. The sumo guys are just dudes who are top competitors in a regular rear end sport.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

Plutonis posted:

That was just a Galactica Phantom :tviv:

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017

Andrew Lime posted:

Hey, at least they're getting some good hits in.

In the Raitai Tournament, the Kaiohs did nothing.

Which to me makes way less sense, because the Kaiohs are some underground-level superhuman people. The sumo guys are just dudes who are top competitors in a regular rear end sport.

Yeah but they're japanese and not chinese

As such they are much tougher (racism)

HukHukHuk
Jun 27, 2011

I am the sound of cats and hairballs.
https://mangadex.org/chapter/1002382

More fightin :D

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017

A contest of MANLINESS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

I mean, Hanayama isn't going to be happy unless he picks up at least one disfiguring injury in this fight.