Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Andrew Lime
Oct 9, 2012

Glagha posted:

What is this from? I've never seen these panels.

It's from Grappler Baki, when Jack's mother is introduced.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

The panel where Yujiro punts a CIA chief in the balls ftw

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
Yujiro is praxis.

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

reading baki/jack and stuff like this is why itagaki is the best

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Liquid Katsumi next

https://mangadex.org/chapter/1061346/20

FAT BATMAN
Dec 12, 2009

I’m so happy that this manga has found a new height of insanity.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

FAT BATMAN posted:

I’m so happy that this manga has found a new height of insanity.
This seems mild compared to Musashi but still hype.

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
Yeah,

Reminder that we have musashi revival, ghost dads and cavemen already in this comic

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
don't forget giant hyper intelligent apes

baki casually abducts george bush and then gets released from prison hardly any time later lol

Eustace
Feb 26, 2009
Not going to lie, this arc has been pretty underwhelming for me. The series has been kind of spinning its wheels ever since Baki fought Yujiro

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

Eustace posted:

Not going to lie, this arc has been pretty underwhelming for me. The series has been kind of spinning its wheels ever since Baki fought Yujiro

Yeah, I think a bit of it has to do with all the superior japanese culture wankery going on. Musashi wasn't really that entertaining, mostly annoying. The sumo fighters lack character and I actually like and follow sumo so I don't know what he's going for here.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

why couldn't baki have just fought that ridiculous sumo introduced right at the start

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I liked the musashi arc, it was bloody and weird. The conclusion was just :psyduck: though

Where did that supersumo-guy go though? The one who crushed Oliva? That was the only interesting sumo guy

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

Zzulu posted:

I liked the musashi arc, it was bloody and weird. The conclusion was just :psyduck: though

Where did that supersumo-guy go though? The one who crushed Oliva? That was the only interesting sumo guy

apparently he's fighting on baki's team for some reason? so they're not even set to fight him just yet

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Baki did fight him like a year ago and won pretty handily

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Plutonis posted:

that being said loving lmfao that the black brazilian fighter is a guy who has a dozen kids and has to hunt jaguars to feed them and tokugawa's explanation for his strength was that the slaves that survived the triangle trade had the stronger genetic stock which is why he has eugenics power

And that his only weakness is getting kicked in the dick repeatedly until he bleeds profusely.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Ringo Roadagain posted:

this is some great violence

That's loving cool.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Pewdiepie posted:

And that his only weakness is getting kicked in the dick repeatedly until he bleeds profusely.

Japanese mangaka making the crying wojak face: "Well actually black people having larger dicks than us is a liability and not a strength"

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
I mean real talk I think most dudes are weak to getting kicked in the dick until they loving bleed

We're only calling that weaksauce because we have insane loving supermen like Hanayama in this cast who can just shrug off things like getting half their face blown off like it ain't poo poo

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Jobber Katsumi again?

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

AtomikKrab posted:

Jobber Katsumi again?

I hope not.

I saw someone on /a/ speculate that maybe retsu will take over

Rabid Boar
Apr 16, 2020

Soon, all of you will feel my hate, and suffer as I have suffered!
Retsu is 100% taking over, the only question is whether he kills the sumo or not

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Katsumi losing again would be very funny

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Now listen here Jack, there's this guy I know called Ogre Hanma and he's the strongest man in the world and you know what is the first thing I did when I met him? I shook my hand and recited the non-agression pact that we have with him. Because both of us take no malarkey, and that's compromise.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Who is everyone's favourite criminal of the 5 because it's Sikorsky for me

This can't be based on their losing fights

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

sikorsky's fight sucked. i choose speck because of that scene where he emptied a pistol mag on his own face

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

Yeah for me it's definitely a tossup between Speck because he shot himself in the face to intimidate someone, and Dorian because... well, Dorian. Vomiting up a grenade.

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

Dorian

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
Speck because of the scene where he displays his power by overflowing a urinal with firehose piss.

Eustace
Feb 26, 2009
I know were not supposed to base it on losing fights but Sirkorsky got the best beat downs of the arc

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

PringleCreamEgg posted:

Speck because of the scene where he displays his power by overflowing a urinal with firehose piss.

a powerful piss stream/overflowing piss is one of my favorite indications of strength in itagaki manga

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Grimey Drawer
mine is being good at playing house

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Doyle is the best for me. I dig his arc and wish he would show back up.

Then Speck.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Speck is my favourite for the gun trick, for the dismembered hand trick introducing him to Baki, using a jail cell as a hotel room, and that loving ridiculous fight with Hanayama.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Igari sucks and I'm glad Sikorsky fucks him up

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

Jose posted:

Igari sucks and I'm glad Sikorsky fucks him up

Yeah the great tatsumi is the superior Inoki character. The Sakura fight might be my favorite in any itagaki manga, which I guess would make it my favorite fight in a manga in general

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Doyle owned hard. Then I think after that I liked Sikorsky just because it was funny seeing him get chumped over and over by the Hanma family.

Didn't care for the poison hand guy. Yujiro blasting him was fantastic.

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
Speck, obviously. His fight with Hanayama was nuts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Hanayama vs. Speck is probably my favorite fight in Baki.