Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ScratchAndSniff
Sep 28, 2008

This game stinks

Crazy Achmed posted:

Speaking of foil, my main weapon has a sticky tip (takes excessive force to depress the tip sometimes). I went to open it up today and clean it out, but the grubscrews are so badly bashed that the screwdriver slots are more or less filled in. I could get a really small drill and try to drill the buggers out - they're Leon Paul ones so are more like epee tip screw size - but I'm afraid I'd slip and smash the tip. Am I poo poo outta luck here as far as non-destructive repairs go?

Also, new sabre blade on the way. Why do I do this to myself, why?

One time when I was in that situation I forced a particularly thin screwdriver into the screws, and I just kind of brute forced it to get just barely enough traction to unscrew them. If I couldn't do that I would just apply some gun oil to the tip to make it a bit less sticky and just keep using the weapon until the screws fall out on their own... which screws tend to do on over time anyway.

You could try drilling it out, but if I tried that I would probably end up stripping the tip and damaging the barrel. You would probably want to try every other option first, unless you are really confident in your drilling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ScratchAndSniff
Sep 28, 2008

This game stinks
double post