Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arclight
Jan 26, 2006

Modern-style fencing question for so-inclined goons:

What's your position on point-after celebrations? Back when I fenced regularly in college, I hated having to judge matches where one or both of the fencers celebrated each touch they think they got by shouting and fist-pumping like they just sank an eagle putt on the last hole in the Masters. Best part was the crazed reaction when and if I ruled against them, even after I reasoned my decision out to them. When I fenced, I never shouted or yelled whenever I knew I got a point after a long exchange (though I will admit to the small side fist pump here and there). To me, overblown reactions like this seem kind of uncouth and disrespectful, especially in a one-on-one sport like fencing, but I do realize that I'm probably in the minority, given how many fencers I encountered seemed to do this. Was I just being overly sensitive?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU